• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#81 vs. #81

Started by -Painted Fan-, October 14, 2007, 11:25:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

Well, it's finally here.  The 5-0 New England Patriots come to Texas Stadium to play the 5-0 Dallas Cowboys.  And all eyes will be on the outspoken #81 receivers for each team, Randy Moss and Terrell Owens.
Dallas passed on Moss, who was selected at #21 in the 1998 draft by the Minnesota Vikings.  Moss grew up a Cowboys fan, and vowed to make them pay every time he plays against them.  In 9 previous games against Dallas, Moss has 29 catches for 675 yards and 10 touchdowns- 4 of which have gone for 50+ yards.
In the other locker room, T.O. put up a poster-sized note for the media this week, which stated that he knows the importance of this game, and doesn't want to give the Pats any extra bulletin board material.  Owens leads the league this year in dropped passes (doesn't he every year?), but like the other #81, commands double coverage on every snap.
Dallas is coming off the short week, after the thriller in Buffalo on Monday night.  I'm sure the Pats have had their video cameras ready for this game since pre-season (LOL).  Game time is 3:15 today, and should be exciting.
Do you have your popcorn ready?!

Throwback1

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on October 14, 2007, 11:25:24 am
Well, it's finally here.  The 5-0 New England Patriots come to Texas Stadium to play the 5-0 Dallas Cowboys.  And all eyes will be on the outspoken #81 receivers for each team, Randy Moss and Terrell Owens.
Dallas passed on Moss, who was selected at #21 in the 1998 draft by the Minnesota Vikings.  Moss grew up a Cowboys fan, and vowed to make them pay every time he plays against them.  In 9 previous games against Dallas, Moss has 29 catches for 675 yards and 10 touchdowns- 4 of which have gone for 50+ yards.
In the other locker room, T.O. put up a poster-sized note for the media this week, which stated that he knows the importance of this game, and doesn't want to give the Pats any extra bulletin board material.  Owens leads the league this year in dropped passes (doesn't he every year?), but like the other #81, commands double coverage on every snap.
Dallas is coming off the short week, after the thriller in Buffalo on Monday night.  I'm sure the Pats have had their video cameras ready for this game since pre-season (LOL).  Game time is 3:15 today, and should be exciting.
Do you have your popcorn ready?!

Cowboys chances would be better if they had the other 81, but not having Henry, and Newman being 75% is even more of a handicap.

atownpantherfan05™

I'm ready for this game to start hopefully my cowboys do well today.

Throwback1

Quote from: atownpanther05 on October 14, 2007, 01:09:37 pm

Hopefully...hard to beat a team twice though....I'll let NE have this one, and we'll take the one in early Feb.

K-9stinger

both really weren't able to do anything today during the game. mostly the other guys got the spotlight.

Throwback1

Quote from: Throwback1 on October 14, 2007, 01:10:42 pm
Quote from: atownpanther05 on October 14, 2007, 01:09:37 pm

I got a feelling I"m going to be prophetic.

Hopefully...hard to beat a team twice though....I'll let NE have this one, and we'll take the one in early Feb.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas