• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Stan Heath feel relieved

Started by The_Preacher, March 09, 2007, 06:34:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Preacher

Do you feel after the win over Vandy is his job safe or is he still on the bubble. I think he is safe and maybe this team has turned the curve. They are playing as a team.

Footballer

He'll more than likely be back next year. You could tell more than ever today that the players wanted to win. Stan also showed more emotion than ever after the game. I think that's all people really wanted to see this whole time.

Uncle Ivan

Let him and the team keep thinking they're playing for his job. 

It's working.

The_Preacher

I agree tell them all their jobs are on the line, came back from 8 down with 4 minutesand some change left

thebigshot

Win or lose tomorrow I believe he will be back either way. They have improved past couple of weeks and if they would have played like that when the season started his job wouldn't be on the line.

The_Preacher

so true  sometimes you have to be  the not so nice guy. show show feeling.

OlGuyWicker

the_man

His job is still on the line depending on what happens today.

zebradynasty

Whatever side your on NO WAY you can fire Stan after this tournament! A lot have said he was hired to keep Nolan's lawsuit from having basis. If you fire Stan you would give Nolan's case and maybe one from Stan some fuel. If you didn't fire Nutt after winning 10 games then you can't fire Stan after winning 21! So just like we have to deal with Nutt another year (which I do have a problem with) we should have to deal with Stan (which I have grown into) for another year. He|| even Nolan said he deserves another year!

Quite Frankly

Nolan's endorsement is not a necessarily positive factor.

Nutt vs Heath comparisons are not applicable. 

Has Stan done enough on his own merits is the question.  Not so and so did or didn't.  Simple as that.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Quite Frankly on March 11, 2007, 01:35:13 pm

Has Stan done enough on his own merits is the question.  Not so and so did or didn't.  Simple as that.

If your talking about firing a coach for not producing then YES Nutt and Stan comparison is not only a factor it should be a major consideration! Inconsistency in leadership is what has Arkansas sports program looking like some reality show gone bad nationally! If Nutt saved his job with a 10 win then so has Heath!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: zebradynasty on March 11, 2007, 02:19:41 pmIf Nutt saved his job with a 10 win then so has Heath!

Yeah, but you forget that Nutt has the ol' boy system to save his arse.

Quite Frankly

Why is justification well look at him?  Each is on it's own merits. 

Quite Frankly

zebradynasty

Quote from: Quite Frankly on March 11, 2007, 04:34:35 pm
Why is justification well look at him?  Each is on it's own merits. 

No you do not look at each separately! Maybe in a ideal world but what is ideal on the hill lately?? It's all academic now that he is in the tournament, but really had he not made it he still would have a job. What school loses the athletic director, a football scandal, track probation, fire/resign women's basketball coach and then fires the men's basketball coach in the same year?

oldscribe

Quote from: Quite Frankly on March 11, 2007, 01:35:13 pm

NIT.......NJCAA....NCAA...
All national titles..If an endorsement from a coach who has won them all isn't a positive factor no one's should.

Nutt-Heath comparisons not applicable...just proof of what Nolan said about not playing on an equal ballfield. It's so clear for everyone to see now.

Has Heath done enough on his own merits....He's had two back-to-back 20-win seasons, back-to-back appearances in the big dance, improved his program every year, no back-to-back losing seasons, hasn't had any of his big-time recruits to leave and no substantial contract extension..

Quite Frankly

March 11, 2007, 09:49:04 pm #16 Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 05:53:01 pm by Quite Frankly
Nolan did not support Heath.  He only recently comes out due to the climate. 

Heath was rocky, but he did his job this year.  By the skin of his teeth, but he did and I'm glad. 

But again, Nolan's thoughts have no weight.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Quite Frankly on March 11, 2007, 09:49:04 pm
Heath did not support Heath.  He only recently comes out due to the climate. 

Heath was rocky, but he did his job this year.  By the skin of his teeth, but he did and I'm glad. 

But again, Nolan's thoughts have no weight.

Well I meant a sort of unofficial endorsement. We can be sure the Frank and John White didn't give Nolan a call for his opinion! I was just saying that with all that went on up there during his tenure and the bitterness Frank still has for Nolan it took a big swallow of pride to endorse the man that replaced him. Especially since Heath has struggled! If anyone should know about winning and winning at UA Nolan is the expert.

humbleme

Stan can feel relieved and proud of his accomplishments.  Go Hogs.

rdubs8

Let's just clean house up there....

Majique™

IMO, Stan is still leaving.  Instead of being "fired" he now has the opportunity to "resign".

I like the guy but we need a better coach.

not ray

Uh not going to leave.  That might be indigestion you are feeling, but it is not a coach about to walk out on his players when they just got his back off the wall.

wampuscatblue

He met the criteria (make the tourney) so he deserves another year.

mack

Quote from: wampuscatblue on March 12, 2007, 01:40:55 pm
He met the criteria (make the tourney) so he deserves another year.

Agreed!  I wonder if we'll ever get a Regional in NLR?  ;)

The_Preacher

already is a done deal for next year, tickets go on sell later this month I understand

zebradynasty

Quote from: The_Preacher on March 12, 2007, 02:05:23 pm
already is a done deal for next year, tickets go on sell later this month I understand

4 REAL!! I hadn't heard that is great news! I think if we ever get a regional here they'll be back again!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas