• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#12 Arkansas vs #7 Auburn

Started by Ex-HAplayer, October 10, 2010, 12:03:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoghead

Quote from: hhsbobcats on October 12, 2010, 12:49:14 pm
stop the run and put pressure on the QB.  im banking that cam newton will not be able to make the pressure throws against the arkansas defense.  if mallett can come out and toss the ball around and let green and wingo run the ball then i think Arkansas will beat Auburn.  There is a reason why Mallett is a NFL QB and it would be a shame if Auburn outscores Arkansas.  This is a MUST win for the Hogs.  They HAVE to beat Auburn if they want any chance of playing for the SEC title.
That and hope like heck Bama loses again ! Hogs can't lose in the SEC again period.

colts52

We will beat auburn. They simply aren't as good position by position as us

Ex-HAplayer

October 14, 2010, 07:14:00 am #52 Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:23:18 am by Ex-HAplayer
Being as good position to position has little to do with a team winning. Especially, when you are in the same conference and division. I am sure position to position, South Carolina isn't nearly as good as Alabama. How about Georgia and Colorado?  Its the team who sticks to their gameplay more and who can get a few breaks here and there.

olddog79

Arkansas by 3 or Auburn by 3...I can't decide.

bigeldofan

well for one dyer didnt play in the 5a west he played in the 5a sw and they lost their share of games last year. and i believe rsvl hog fan just took fastdrop to school. listen son and you will learn something.

colts52

RD™

Quote from: bigeldofan on October 14, 2010, 10:07:29 pm
well for one dyer didnt play in the 5a west he played in the 5a sw and they lost their share of games last year. and i believe rsvl hog fan just took fastdrop to school. listen son and you will learn something.
Dyer played in 5A Southwest his Senior year only, the rest of the time was against 5A West.

Hoghead

As a Sophmore Deyer ran through the 5A West on a very good LRCA Team. They won the 5A West !  Lost in the State Title game with a rematch with Greenwood. As for you sir.......YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. He won nothing in 5A SW his Jr. and Sr. years

Hoghead

Quote from: RD™ on October 14, 2010, 10:46:54 pm
Dyer played in 5A Southwest his Senior year only, the rest of the time was against 5A West.

Jr. & Sr. Years were played in 5A SW.

Uncle Ivan

Ridge Rat

stop the run and put pressure on the QB.  im banking that cam newton will not be able to make the pressure throws against the arkansas defense.  if mallett can come out and toss the ball around and let green and wingo run the ball then i think Arkansas will beat Auburn.  There is a reason why Mallett is a NFL QB and it would be a shame if Auburn outscores Arkansas.  This is a MUST win for the Hogs.  They HAVE to beat Auburn if they want any chance of playing for the SEC title.
If Bobby is dumb enough to give the ball to Green more than twice in this game we deserve to lose on that alone. That guy kills me. Every time he runs it, look next to him. Hole the size of a Mack truck and this guy runs for the pile. EVERY time. Dude is worst back we got except for pass protection.

Rzback4Life

Brian G

Arkansas 38  Auburn 27

Mallet 330 4 td's
DJ 2 td's
Green breaks off a long one
Dyer gets 40 and limps off the field at least once.

Go Hogs Go!

cotnhauler

The Hogs are not a complete team. Mallet, IMO, just lacks the "IT" factor. That said theres one thing you can count on from the Hogs. They will ruin somebody else's season. SC, Auburn, and LSU left to play and the Hogs WILL win one of those games. This year it will also ruin bammer's chances of getting back to the NC. Bama needs all these teams to win out, except win they ply them. It is completely plausible that tOSU, Oregon, Boise, and either NU or OU will be undefeated. So I believe the Hogs will be the deciding factor and there will not be an SEC team in the NC game. Where am I wrong in my thinking?

hhsbobcats

Best matchup: Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett vs. Auburn QB Cameron Newton. While they won't be on the field at the same time, this is a must-see quarterback duel. Mallett and Newton must be sharp if their team is to win, and both defenses have issues. The winning quarterback becomes the SEC's leading Heisman contender. Malzahn loves Newton's competitive attitude: "He's a great competitor, very physical. We've got to get him where he runs out of bounds more. ... He looks up people. That's pretty unusual for a quarterback." Auburn knows how important it is to pressure Mallett. "You let him stand back there like he's the Statue of Liberty, he's going to make it happen," Tigers LB Josh Bynes toldauburnsports.com . "We're just going to go out and play football, try to rile him."

cotnhauler

OBTW, another thing you can take to bank is that Hogs will lose one they're suppose to win. That will be " Ole blackbear" this year.

Brian G

Quote from: cotnhauler on October 16, 2010, 10:27:14 am
  OBTW, another thing you can take to bank is that Hogs will lose one they're suppose to win. That will be " Ole blackbear" this year.

Good luck with that thought.

RD™

Quote from: cotnhauler on October 16, 2010, 10:27:14 am
Not a chance in a million of that happening.

Texarkana_Piggie

we're good.  corso and herbstreit picked auburn.  kings of leon drummer picked us.

InYoGrill

Mallett already looking shady to me!

AT

Two dropped passes and two bad throws...not a good start.

InYoGrill

Valleysports

Quote from: Ridge Rat on October 16, 2010, 02:48:56 am
If Bobby is dumb enough to give the ball to Green more than twice in this game we deserve to lose on that alone. That guy kills me. Every time he runs it, look next to him. Hole the size of a Mack truck and this guy runs for the pile. EVERY time. Dude is worst back we got except for pass protection.

;D  He used him!

Eddie Goodson

Well, folks can quit griping, the Hogs ran the ball well that drive.

Valleysports

Romeo

InYoGrill

I was about to post the same thing. He got blew up, destroyed, owned is a good one!

Valleysports

Hope our receivers don't start hearing footsteps!

DerekOxford

Really wish that Arkansas would throw less crossing routes...you have Ryan Mallett, the livest arm in the country, and all you can throw is a crossing route?

Like someone said on another message board, it's seriously doubtful that every receiver is covered all the time.

Brian G

Time to answer.  Spread it out and find DJ.

InYoGrill

We sure throw a lot of 3 yard passes. Anyone else notice that?

Valleysports

I'm just not an up-the-middle fan!

InYoGrill

Nice drive by the Hogs! Petrino has so many plays in his playbook that he can call.

Radiotalker

After that interfernce call....Rsvl shouldn't ever gripe about the officials anymore.

Ex-HAplayer

That was a horrible call, but hey it happens. Gotta keep playing.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Radiotalker on October 16, 2010, 03:41:41 pm
After that interfernce call....Rsvl shouldn't ever gripe about the officials anymore.
That was a good call. I thought the samething as you till I saw that slo mo replay.

Radiotalker

InYoGrill

Billyo62

Brian G

WOuldn't be a big CBS for the Hogs without controversy.

Brian G

Crock of crap.  We'll still kick them.

Ex-HAplayer

Billyo62

Radiotalker

Neither was that interference....make up call.

Eddie Goodson

Officials saw that as a makeup call for the PI.

I do not think they are biased, just inept.

7AFBFAN

Radiotalker

Where's Steve Shaw's crew when you need them?

AB™

That was just a terrible piece of officiating.  Comparable to some of the calls in the Arkansas/Florida game last year. 

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 16, 2010, 03:54:13 pm
Officials saw that as a makeup call for the PI.

I do not think they are biased, just inept.
Show me an official that isn't inept...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas