• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#12 Arkansas vs #7 Auburn

Started by Ex-HAplayer, October 10, 2010, 12:03:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex-HAplayer

RD™

It's actually quite simple. Willy Robinson has had Gus Malzhan's number ever since Gus started coaching against Arkansas. The key is Zone Blitzes. Throw in the fact that Auburn's defense is absolutely dreadful, the Tigers are in for a long day if they don't match score for score with Arkansas.

I just hope I get to see Dyer get leveled by our defense "h** naw arkansas" comment needs to be paid back in full to his cocky, arrogant, over-rated rear.

Ex-HAplayer

Wel, Like I have said time and time before, Things seem to change week to week in the SEC. Lately, Its been Arkansas defense that has been keeping them in the game and not the offense. Yes, Auburn defense is dreadful. Yes, I am not a huge fan of Gus or his play calling, but their is some weird stigma with this team, especially playing a t Jordan-Hare. I know we can't wait till the 2nd half to play against this Arkansas team. We got to come out them early.  I don't know what you have against Dyer and to be quite honest with you I really don't want Auburn to recruit anymore Arkansas recruits after Kodie, but you sure have had a large chip on your shoulder from an 18 year old kid.

RD™

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on October 10, 2010, 12:43:15 pm
Wel, Like I have said time and time before, Things seem to change week to week in the SEC. Lately, Its been Arkansas defense that has been keeping them in the game and not the offense. Yes, Auburn defense is dreadful. Yes, I am not a huge fan of Gus or his play calling, but their is some weird stigma with this team, especially playing a t Jordan-Hare. I know we can't wait till the 2nd half to play against this Arkansas team. We got to come out them early.  I don't know what you have against Dyer and to be quite honest with you I really don't want Auburn to recruit anymore Arkansas recruits after Kodie, but you sure have had a large chip on your shoulder from an 18 year old kid.
Dyer said "heck naw to Arkansas" and bad mouthed us, I hope he gets cold cocked. He isn't 18 he is 19 or 20.

AT

If the Razorback D can contain Newton on the ground, then we will have a pretty good chance to win the game.

Oh and our offense has to play like they are capable of and not that Houston Nutt-like offense that showed up against A&M.

The Infidel

I think Newton is the  one we should be concerned about. A QB  up the middle seems to give defenses fits including ours. The Hogs will need to put a complete 4 quarter came together to win this one.

AT

Quote from: The Infidel on October 10, 2010, 02:32:10 pm
I think Newton is the  one we should be concerned about. A QB  up the middle seems to give defenses fits including ours. The Hogs will need to put a complete 4 quarter came together to win this one.

Hopefully Jerrod Johnson for A&M somewhat prepared us for Newton...even though I know Cam is a much better runner than Johnson...but they are about the same build and both like to scramble for the first down.

fastdrop

Hogs get beat and drop to 18...19 if they only get beat by a few. If the Hogs get beat by 2 td's they drop out of the top 20.

No way the Hogs win this game.

theHammer

Quote from: RD™ on October 10, 2010, 12:45:56 pm
He isn't 18 he is 19 or 20.

I don't usually say this about any player. But, knowing this kid personally, I want us to make him regret ever making the decision to play football. Period.

Texarkana_Piggie

my guess...we squeak by with another ugly win.  our offense has got to get it's head on straight.  hasn't been straight since the second quarter of the bama game.

AT

fastdrop

Auburn 35 - South Carolina 27

Simple as that in my book .... hope I am wrong.

AT

I know what you're getting at...but saying that the Razorbacks have no chance in a game by using the score of two teams Arkansas hasn't played yet doesn't make much sense.

Saying Arkansas lost to Alabama who lost to South Carolina who lost to Auburn is the reason we have no chance is too much speculation....

fastdrop

you asked and I answered.

I think the Hogs lose at least 3 to 4 times this year. I have watched 6 quarters of uninspired football by the Hogs. No reason for me to think they are just going to become all world between this week and next.

Something is wrong with Mallett. It is either between his ears or he is hurt.

fastdrop

and Mallett is our offense. There is no run game no matter how much people want it,

AT

Quote from: fastdrop on October 10, 2010, 06:22:06 pm
you asked and I answered.

Lol and I responded?

We'll see Saturday.

RD™

Quote from: fastdrop on October 10, 2010, 05:48:15 pm

Zone Blitz is Gus' worst nightmare.

fastdrop

Quote from: RD™ on October 10, 2010, 06:36:02 pm

I hope you are right. The only thing that throws me about this Hog team is that it has played 2 quarters of great football so far this year. Petrino may be holding back until this week and I see the Hogs that were so fun to watch last year.

Romeo

Big difference between playing Malzahn now from the last two years: were on the road.

Ex-HAplayer

This is the thing..Auburn is an 2nd half team and Arkansas is a 1st half team. This is so cliche, but both teams MUST play hard  for four complete quarters.  This is the epitome of the phrase "play a complete game." I don't understand why Auburn can't seem to get hype early on. If, I was Gus I would be throwing everything at the Razorpigs and hopefully Dyer finally understands that in the SEC you must run between tackles and gain yardage after the first freakin hit. This is very interesting because you have Gus and Dyer both from Arkansas.  Hopefully, that will ignite a fire under both of their arses. I would hate to get embarrassed by my state. Best believe Arkansas defense is hyped up about facing Dyer..

colts52

Mallett has to get his draft status up so he will put in a good week of work. Petrino knows this is a must win or there will be a lot of hacked off Razorbacks wanting his head. Arkansas killed em last year and the only big difference is cam newton which throwing i really think we will pick him off. Will our dline get pressure and can anthony leon hold him in a spy game

zebradynasty

Go in trying to stop Dyer and Newton will rush for 200! Whatever hang up we have with Dyer...please let it go! I imagine a lot of idiotic things come out of the mouths of most 18-19 (teenagers) year old. Some of the idiocy on FF comes from those pushing 40+! So who really is the idiot?

Newton is the key and I am not sure our defense can stop him. Franklin and Leon are our best answer,  hopefully whatever is going on with the offense gets solved and we turn this into a score fest! Newton is Vince Young with brains! We should be afraid be very afraid!

Perfexion

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 10, 2010, 09:45:18 pm
So who really is the idiot?

There was a vote.  You and X split votes so much that you got edged out by a young'un.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Perfexion on October 10, 2010, 09:48:14 pm

There was a vote.  You and X split votes so much that you got edged out by a young'un.

Yo daddy got edged out by a jackash which why you're braying like one now!  :-X

Perfexion

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 10, 2010, 09:54:30 pm

Your DNA sample cameback.  The results were:

50% Fool
25% Classless
25% Bigot

zebradynasty

Quote from: Perfexion on October 10, 2010, 09:57:41 pm

50% Fool
25% Classless
25% Bigot

I need no test to prove your a horses ash! Your 121 post proves it!

Perfexion

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 10, 2010, 10:03:05 pm

50% Fool
25% Classless
25% Bigot

This would seem to prove the sample taken was accurate.  Not that it was needed.

rsvl_hogfan4

Comparing scores is about as idiotic as it gets.

Auburn is the worst at pass defense in the SEC, and one of the worst in the SEC in total defense.

Zebra, our defense hasn't been the worry here. Our defense has kept us in every game. As long as our offense doesn't give Auburn a short field like they did with Bama and TAMU, we should be alright. Auburn has struggled in every game they have played except for the ULM game. I would like to think if UK, MSU, and Clemson can all come as close as they did to beating Auburn, than we will have a good chance, too. Their luck will eventually run out. Hopefully, it will be this game since this is the best offense they have faced so far despite our recent struggles.

Perfexion

I said before I was worried about this game.  I do think we can beat them, but things are pretty topsy turvy in the SEC.  If we can get Zebra Manure to give Bobby P a call we will be alright.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Perfexion on October 10, 2010, 10:14:55 pm
  I said before I was worried about this game.  I do think we can beat them, but things are pretty topsy turvy in the SEC.  If we can get Zebra Manure to give Bobby P a call we will be alright.

Yeah about BP's number can you get yo mamma to give it to me? I understand she has the whole football program on speed dial!

Perfexion

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 10, 2010, 10:18:47 pm

Yeah about BP's number can you get yo mamma to give it to me? I understand she has the whole football program on speed dial!

Classy and surprisingly not that revealing.

zebradynasty

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 10, 2010, 10:12:07 pm

Comparing scores is about as idiotic as it gets.

Auburn is the worst at pass defense in the SEC, and one of the worst in the SEC in total defense.

Zebra, our defense hasn't been the worry here. Our defense has kept us in every game. As long as our offense doesn't give Auburn a short field like they did with Bama and TAMU, we should be alright. Auburn has struggled in every game they have played except for the ULM game. I would like to think if UK, MSU, and Clemson can all come as close as they did to beating Auburn, than we will have a good chance, too. Their luck will eventually run out. Hopefully, it will be this game since this is the best offense they have faced so far despite our recent struggles.

It's not that our defense has been that poor. I just see this type of QB with a OL like Auburn's giving us problems.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Perfexion on October 10, 2010, 10:21:49 pm

No the classy or should I say smart thing to do would have been not starting crap with me in the first place! Now since yo witch ash started something I am finishing it! You honestly think I give crap if YOU think I am classy? Evidently, you're dumb enough to actually believe the crap you post! You think cause you came up with this unimaginative way to call yourself perfect I am suppose to... what follow along...you must be as crazy as QF!

Perfexion

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 10, 2010, 10:31:34 pm
Quote from: Perfexion on October 10, 2010, 10:21:49 pm

No the classy or should I say smart thing to do would have been not starting crap with me in the first place! Now since yo witch ash started something I am finishing it! You honestly think I give crap if YOU think I am classy? Evidently, you're dumb enough to actually believe the crap you post! You think cause you came up with this unimaginative way to call yourself perfect I am suppose to... what follow along...you must be as crazy as QF!
etc. etc. etc.  You will not be 'finishing it'.  Back to your cage.

Ex-HAplayer

I expected to be arguing with hogs fans, but I see there are problems internally with Hog nation lol. I would be weary in comparing games to conclude an outcome. Like someone said earlier, the SEC is kinda crazy and things change on a week to week basis.  I can assure you Auburn is not thinking Arkansas offense is down because of the game with Texas A&M just as much as I can assume Arkansas isn't saying well Auburn barely squeaked by all their games so we should win.  Like I said, It is going to take four complete quarters for one of these teams to win.  I hope Auburn has something up their sleeve because Arkansas has had our number for sometime now.

Perfexion

Problems?  Naw.  Just a wounded buzzard flapping because it can.

Wahls

October 10, 2010, 11:22:49 pm #36 Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 11:30:08 pm by Showband of Arkansas
Quote from: Perfexion on October 10, 2010, 10:05:31 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on October 10, 2010, 10:03:05 pm

50% Fool
25% Classless
25% Bigot

This would seem to prove the sample taken was accurate.  Not that it was needed.

What he's trying to tell you Z, is that he has a whole lot more posts in his past than what his post count says.

Quote from: RD™ on October 10, 2010, 06:36:02 pm

Zone blitzing a mobile quarterback could backfire if he can spot the soft spot pre-snap. This is the most mobile QB Gus has had to my knowledge. He'll get bailed out sometimes. To minimize it, we have to stop the run EARLY. If we don't stop the run, we can't zone blitz, it's that simple. If we stop the run we win by a lot.

Rzback4Life

I expect a good game that could go either way.  I believe the defense that can create a big turnover and get a key stop or two, will win the game.  GO HOGS!

fastdrop

Comparing scores is about as idiotic as it gets. OK

I would like to think if UK, MSU, and Clemson can all come as close as they did to beating Auburn, than we will have a good chance, too. Yet you just did this idiotic thing

Their luck will eventually run out. Hopefully, it will be this game since this is the best offense they have faced so far despite our recent struggles. You think the Hogs offense is better than South Carolina's .... might want to ask Bama about that

C-Mac 73

PIGSKIN JUNKIE

I think this will be a close game that could go either way. If we can contain Newton and limit his ability to make big plays, we have a good chance of getting the W. The dude has some really good passing numbers, but he can break a game wide open with his legs. Cam has 672 yards rushing on 104 carries, while the Hogs RB's have a combined 544 yards rushing on 138 carries.

I think our D will be the key. They have improved tremendously from last season. The  Hogs D was ranked 12th in the SEC and 89th nationally last year. Six weeks into the '10 season, the Hogs D is ranked 3rd in the SEC and 19th nationally. Even though we are only about halfway through the season, that is a huge turnaround from last year.

The Hogs win a close one, 31-24.   GO HOGS!!!

Wahls

Personally, I think Jerry Franklin > Cam Newton. If we zone blitz off the corner with Leon and put Franklin in a spy, we could win IMO.

rsvl_hogfan4

Fastdrop, I did not compare scores. I compared performances. Every week Auburn's defense has had a poor performance.

What you did was completely different. You were playing some childish connect the dots game. SC beat Bama, Bama beat Arkansas, Auburn beat SC, therefore Auburn will beat Arkansas. That is about as stupid as it comes. There weren't even common opponents there. You were just using a common opponent of a team that Auburn beat. Auburn was gift wrapped the game against SC. They shouldn't have won that game or the Clemson game.

As far as offense goes....

SC is ranked #6 in ppg at 31.6. Arkansas is ranked #8 and 30.0 ppg. Yards we are ranked 2nd with 462 yards per game. SC is ranked 7th with 374. We average almost 100 yards per game more.

Oh, and if you want proof that you cannot compare scores or offenses like that than look no further than the UGA game. UGA holds SC to 14 points, while we put up 31 on UGA.

Bogey

I think we jump out to a pretty good lead, then have to hold on at the end.  It seems to be a recurring theme this season (UGA, Bama, A&M).

Arkansas 36    Auburn 31

Perfexion

Auburn opens as a 3 point favorite.

Radiotalker

Quote from: fastdrop on October 11, 2010, 06:57:19 am

Comparing scores is about as idiotic as it gets. OK

I would like to think if UK, MSU, and Clemson can all come as close as they did to beating Auburn, than we will have a good chance, too. Yet you just did this idiotic thing

Their luck will eventually run out. Hopefully, it will be this game since this is the best offense they have faced so far despite our recent struggles. You think the Hogs offense is better than South Carolina's .... might want to ask Bama about that

Too funny.

colts52

i dont think the defense will give up 31

HeadBussa08

this game could very well be a shoot out. Arkansas offense has to keep Cam Newton off the field can't have no quick possessions and keep arkansas defense on the field the whole game. Believer it or not Newton is the X factor in this game and i think his performance will dictate the outcome. he runs very well and throws the ball a whole lot better than ppl give him credit for. outta be a tough one for the hogs to pull out.

Hoghead

Quote from: RD™ on October 10, 2010, 12:45:56 pm
Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on October 10, 2010, 12:43:15 pm
Dyer said "heck naw to Arkansas" and bad mouthed us, I hope he gets cold cocked. He isn't 18 he is 19 or 20.
As if you really wanted Dyer to be a Hog.  Didn't Greenwood's QB Stegal sign with MO THUG STATE (The "U" Miami) before he took the baseball money ? Stegal was a great QB that Arkansas passed on. But no one was mad when he signed with MO THUG STATE! Dyer is a good RB. He did a lot of damage in the 5A West. IT"S HIS CHOICE to go to school where he wants. With that said.... I hope the Hogs beat the brakes off of Auburn !!!!

hhsbobcats

stop the run and put pressure on the QB.  im banking that cam newton will not be able to make the pressure throws against the arkansas defense.  if mallett can come out and toss the ball around and let green and wingo run the ball then i think Arkansas will beat Auburn.  There is a reason why Mallett is a NFL QB and it would be a shame if Auburn outscores Arkansas.  This is a MUST win for the Hogs.  They HAVE to beat Auburn if they want any chance of playing for the SEC title.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas