• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 Alabama vs #7 Florida

Started by Valleysports, October 02, 2010, 07:36:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

October 02, 2010, 07:36:31 pm Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 08:43:06 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: Valleysports on September 25, 2010, 10:20:39 pmFlorida's going to take Alabama's defense to the Wood Shed, next week.

Valleysports

Should've worked a little longer on that jump pass?  ;D

rsvl_hogfan4

I may have to eat my words, but I don't think Florida is anywhere near as good as Alabama. I think they are overrated. They haven't looked to impressive on offense this year. Their defense has carried them in most of the games.

Indiana Jones

should work a little more on the thread  title

AT

Lol, I was about to say, I didn't know Florida could play two games at once.

Valleysports

October 02, 2010, 07:58:24 pm #5 Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 08:09:08 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 02, 2010, 07:42:09 pm
I may have to eat my words, but I don't think Florida is anywhere near as good as Alabama. I think they are overrated. They haven't looked to impressive on offense this year. Their defense has carried them in most of the games.

Looks like you might be right on money - someone is going to throw on Bama's Secondary before this year is up - I just know it!  :(

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Valleysports on October 02, 2010, 07:58:24 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 02, 2010, 07:42:09 pm

Looks like you might be right on!
It is a long game, though.

Dre Kirkpatrick, of Alabama, was clobbered on 3 straight plays on Florida's first drive.

On another note, Stanford looks great. They are up 21-10 @ Oregon. They were just up 21-3. However, Oregon just recovered an onside kick so Oregon has the ball around Stanford's 40. If they can score here this game will probably be a good one. I was hoping Bama would blow Florida out, LSU lose, Wisconsin lose, and Oregon blow Stanford out. That way we likely move up a few spots this week. Looks like only 2 of those are possible now.

DerekOxford

Trent Richardson is an absolute hoss, and Urban Meyer looks scared to death.

AT

Valley, you still don't have the title right, haha. You should just go ahead and call this College Football Week 5

The more points Alabama puts on Florida, the better our close loss to the Tide looks...but the Razorbacks still need to take care of business.

rsvl_hogfan4

I wonder what Herbstreit will have to say about this.

This morning he said this will be Alabama's first real test of the season. He said this is the first team Bama has faced with SEC talent on both sides of the ball.

Ex-HAplayer

Tim Tebow huh..not even a comparison.

Valleysports

;D  That thread title thing takes talent I just don't have!

AT

Lets say Bama wins by a huge margin (which is what it looks like might happen).

Do y'all think the Hogs jump up a few spots in the polls?

Valleysports

Can you imagine if Arkansas had Ingram and that running game?

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 02, 2010, 08:14:08 pm
Lets say Bama wins by a huge margin (which is what it looks like might happen).

Do y'all think the Hogs jump up a few spots in the polls?
We should jump up for the fact that Wisconsin lost. If Florida loses as bad as it looks like they may, than they should drop below us. They have been less than impressive for the most part this year, and we dropped 5 spots after leading for 57 minutes of the game. A blowout loss should drop them at least 8 spots. 

Romeo

hmmm I thought this was Alabama's first real test of the season. Two ESPN personalities have said that within the past week.

Perfexion

I like the way this is going.

HA_Fan

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 02, 2010, 08:03:07 pm
Dre Kirkpatrick, of Alabama, was clobbered on 3 straight plays on Florida's first drive.

Then came back to intercept one and down a punt at the 1 yard line.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Romeo on October 02, 2010, 08:49:05 pm
hmmm I thought this was Alabama's first real test of the season. Two ESPN personalities have said that within the past week.
Herbstreit is an idiot. I wish we would have beat Alabama so none of this would have mattered, but this game proves even more about how good of a team we have.

Florida has 24 points hung on them in the first half, and Bama scores 24 on us in the game. Florida has been down by double digits since the start of the 2nd quarter. Something tells me Florida won't drop much for the simple fact that they are Florida, but it will be outrageous if they are ranked ahead of us after this game.

Valleysports

October 02, 2010, 09:23:31 pm #19 Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 09:30:21 pm by Valleysports
Stanford leads Oregon, 31-24, 10:00 3rd.

Stanford 31 vs Oregon 31, 8:20 3rd

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on October 02, 2010, 09:21:46 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 02, 2010, 08:03:07 pm

Then came back to intercept one and down a punt at the 1 yard line.
He is definitely a good player. I just loved the hits put on him. He doesn't really ahve a prayer when Pouncey is coming at you.

By the way, Brantley recovered that and Alabama just grabbed it from him at the bottom of the pile. I would be furious if I was Florida because that is Florida's ball. I want Bama to win, but Brantley had possession of the ball and was laying down, and then the defensive lineman just grabbed it from him.

Ex-HAplayer

Happens all the time under the pile..Play doesn't stop till the whistle is blown.  This is just Men vs boys right now.

rsvl_hogfan4

October 02, 2010, 09:58:43 pm #22 Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:00:25 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on October 02, 2010, 09:54:57 pm
Happens all the time under the pile..Play doesn't stop till the whistle is blown.  This is just Men vs boys right now.
That is the thing, it wasn't under the pile. By rule, when a player establishes possession of the ball, and he is on the ground the player is ruled down. That was a reviewable play, but Bama snapped it fast enough for them to not review it. Had it been reviewed, it would have been overturned. The whistle blew as soon as Brantley grabbed it and one official actually said it was Florida's ball.

I agree with your statement about men among boys, and I am glad Bama is thrashing them. However, Bama is getting a lot of things their way when it comes to officiating considering Demps was in the end zone the play before they fumbled, and then Florida recovered that fumble and Bama was given it.

As I said earlier, if we don't jump Florida and Wisconsin this week it will be an outrage. If we can drop 5 spots for losing by 4 than Florida should drop 8 spots for not scoring a single touch down and losing by 20+

HA_Fan

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 02, 2010, 09:23:21 pm
Something tells me Florida won't drop much for the simple fact that they are Florida, but it will be outrageous if they are ranked ahead of us after this game.

The only problem is that Arkansas hasn't beat a good team yet.  The Hogs' 3 wins have come against teams that are 1-4, 1-3 and and 1-4.  Those opponents' 3 wins were over Lane College (D-2), Louisiana Lafayette and Southeastern Louisiana (D-1AA). 

Personally, I think Arkansas is better than Florida.  I just don't know if they jump them in the polls this week.

rsvl_hogfan4

October 02, 2010, 10:12:55 pm #24 Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:16:47 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: HA_Fan™ on October 02, 2010, 10:04:20 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 02, 2010, 09:23:21 pm
Something tells me Florida won't drop much for the simple fact that they are Florida, but it will be outrageous if they are ranked ahead of us after this game.

The only problem is that Arkansas hasn't beat a good team yet.  The Hogs' 3 wins have come against teams that are 1-4, 1-3 and and 1-4.  Those opponents' 3 wins were over Lane College (D-2), Louisiana Lafayette and Southeastern Louisiana (D-1AA). 

Personally, I think Arkansas is better than Florida.  I just don't know if they jump them in the polls this week.
It isn't our fault that UGA is struggling so much. Besides, if everyone can say that VT's loss to James Madison is just because of their hangover from Boise game, the same could be said for Arkansas beating UGA at UGA and then UGA going on to lose 2 more. UGA has had a top 10 recruiting class in 2008, 2009, and top 15 in 2010 so it isn't because of lack of talent.

We played the #1 team in the nation to 4 points when nobody gave us a chance. We lead the #1 team in the nation for the entire game until the last 3 minutes and really should have won, but shot ourselves in the foot. That same team comes out and keeps Florida out of the end zone the entire game and beats them by 25 points. Wisconsin was only a few spots ahead of us and has looked bad in almost every game. Florida hasn't looked great and just got dominated. Stanford hasn't beat anybody and blew a 18 point lead and looks like they will lose by double digits to Oregon. We should jump at least 2, if not all 3 of them.

I wouldn't argue if we jumped to 13th and Stanford stayed ahead of us because I think they are a good team. Wisconsin and Florida are not better than us, though.

HA_Fan

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 02, 2010, 10:12:55 pm
It isn't our fault that UGA is struggling so much. Besides, if everyone can say that VT's loss to James Madison is just because of their hangover from Boise game, the same could be said for Arkansas beating UGA at UGA and then UGA going on to lose 2 more. UGA has had a top 10 recruiting class in 2008, 2009, and top 15 in 2010 so it isn't because of lack of talent.

We played the #1 team in the nation to 4 points when nobody gave us a chance. We lead the #1 team in the nation for the entire game until the last 3 minutes and really should have won, but shot ourselves in the foot. That same team comes out and keeps Florida out of the end zone the entire game and beats them by 25 points. Wisconsin was only a few spots ahead of us and has looked bad in almost every game. Florida hasn't looked great and just got dominated. Stanford hasn't beat anybody and blew a 18 point lead and looks like they will lose by double digits to Oregon. We should jump at least 2, if not all 3 of them.

I don't disagree with any of that.  I'm just saying the Hogs haven't beaten anyone yet.  I think they'll be back in the top 8 or 10 in two weeks.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on October 02, 2010, 10:15:40 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 02, 2010, 10:12:55 pm

I don't disagree with any of that.  I'm just saying the Hogs haven't beaten anyone yet.  I think they'll be back in the top 8 or 10 in two weeks.
Fair enough. You are right, we haven't. We just have to take care of business. If we get past Auburn, than I think we will be 10-1 heading into the battle for the boot. Auburn is last in pass defense in the SEC, and 8th in total defense. That bodes well for us.

Ex-HAplayer

They have their chance against Auburn. We are extremely lucky to be in the position we are in with rankings and such...

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on October 02, 2010, 10:18:46 pm
They have their chance against Auburn. We are extremely lucky to be in the position we are in with rankings and such...
With our ranking or with the teams we have coming up having their rankings?

I would love for SC to beat Alabama and jump up the rankings, us win out, and Auburn beat Alabama. I think that is all wishful thinking because nothing ever falls into place for us.

Ex-HAplayer

Sorry let me clarify lol. I mean WE as in Auburn. We will move up since Stanford loss..I was hoping OU would lose but you can't count on Texas for anything right now. I expect us to beat Kentucky too, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on October 02, 2010, 10:43:06 pm
Sorry let me clarify lol. I mean WE as in Auburn. We will move up since Stanford loss..I was hoping OU would lose but you can't count on Texas for anything right now. I expect us to beat Kentucky too, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.
Oh, I got you. Stanford and Florida will allow Auburn to jump into possibly the top 8.

So we have #7 Florida losing to #1 by 25, #9 Stanford losing by 21 to #5, and #11 Wisconsin losing by 10 to #24.

Arizona and Utah are both ranked ahead of Arkansas, and are both idle like Arkansas. I think Auburn will jump to 8th, LSU to 9th, but after that it will be interesting. I could see us staying where we are or moving up 1, but I could also see us moving all the way up to 11th or 12th.

RD™

Auburn is on borrowed time.

Ex-HAplayer

October 02, 2010, 10:57:33 pm #32 Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:59:05 pm by Ex-HAplayer
Quote from: RD™ on October 02, 2010, 10:52:48 pm
Auburn is on borrowed time.

Yep i guess?? lol. Anywho SEC east is extremely bad this year. In my Ideal world I would love to see Florida lose to South Carolina and an undefeated Bama lose to an also Undefeated Auburn team. However, Thats all hypothetical. I don't see South Carolina beating Bama, but I do see them beating Florida, if and only if they control the clock with the run game. UF offense is pitiful...

powerlifter90

After watching the AU-UF game there is no doubt in my mind that the Hogs are the #2 team in the entire conf.

After watching Oregon play again, I'm not so sure they couldn't beat tOSU and BAMA.

Ex-HAplayer

Not so fast bugs! Oregon has one of the most prolific offenses in the nation, but I just don't see them beating a team with a great defense. Standford is very physical but they don't have any amazing athletes that can make game changing plays on defense. Both Oregon and Stanford have really good programs this year..But they still give up a ton of yards and their defense is non-existent. I don't see Oregon lighting it up on Ohio State or Bama. Let's all not forget about Boise either ( just saying).

powerlifter90

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on October 03, 2010, 11:58:10 am
Not so fast bugs! Oregon has one of the most prolific offenses in the nation, but I just don't see them beating a team with a great defense. Standford is very physical but they don't have any amazing athletes that can make game changing plays on defense. Both Oregon and Stanford have really good programs this year..But they still give up a ton of yards and their defense is non-existent. I don't see Oregon lighting it up on Ohio State or Bama. Let's all not forget about Boise either ( just saying).

I'm just saying there are 3 teams that could be there in January and either of the 3 could beat the other, Oregon, tOSU and BAMA all seem to be separating themselves from the rest.  I don't put BSU in that bunch because, although the are very good, the computers are going to keep them out of the ncg when it all boils down

Perfexion

We need to stay grounded.  I'm worried about Auburn.

Ex-HAplayer

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Perfexion on October 03, 2010, 05:49:21 pm
   We need to stay grounded.  I'm worried about Auburn.
Last in the SEC in passing defense, 8th in total defense. They haven't played that great of a passing offense, either.

Perfexion

Any quality team on the road in this conference is a problem.  I'm a full believer in the Hogs, but it's going to be scary.  We've not come so far as to dismiss true competition.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas