• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

the Felons State University behaving badly thread

Started by Indiana Jones, September 17, 2014, 12:15:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on July 06, 2015, 02:14:55 pm
Have yall seen the video of Deandre johnson, 3rd sting qb for FSU decking the girl at the bar? FsU at it again with their poor excuses for men.

I haven't, but check my response 2 posts above yours.

AirWarren

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on July 06, 2015, 03:46:36 pm
Gotcha. Didn't see the original post.

No worries.  He will likely (and should IMO) be kicked off the team, regardless of who started what and who said what.  That said, FSU is really in a no-win situation.  If he is allowed to remain on the team for any reason, then the narrative will be that the school covers for its athletes and takes the win-at-all-cost attitude.  On the other hand, if he is kicked off the team, the narrative will be that FSU is trying to atone for not kicking off Winston and that there is a double standard depending on where a player falls on the depth chart.  Nevermind the fact that Winston was never charged with even a misdemeanor during his time at FSU, the MSM will paint the narrative in that fashion.  I guarantee it.

AirWarren

He claims she dropped the N word before the punch. So that makes it right? And again, if all else fails when trouble ensues, bring in the always applicable race card.

BigLion10

FSU football should be banned for life by the NCAA this stuff always goes on at FSU

AirWarren

The FSU RB, Dalvin Cook, has now had warrant issued for his arrest for assault of a female.

BigLion10

Felony State University football team at it again smh

AirWarren

"We are Florida state football players. Google me. I could own you in two years."

That's what the victim was being told by the football players after she was punched in the face for not giving them her number.

BigLion10

The whole program should be shut down if they can't control there players better than they do

AirWarren

Well there is a lot of holes in the story unlike the previous one. So more will come to light. But this is getting ridiculous for FSU.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on July 10, 2015, 02:52:48 pm
Well there is a lot of holes in the story unlike the previous one. So more will come to light. But this is getting ridiculous for FSU.

Yeah, from what I've heard, the 'google' statement was made by her friends after the alleged altercation.  There are a ton of holes in this one - it's not cut and dried like the DJ situation.  If he did physically assault her, he should be dismissed too.  I'm gonna reserve judgment on this one until I know more.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 07, 2015, 01:54:27 pm
FSU football should be banned for life by the NCAA this stuff always goes on at FSU

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 10, 2015, 02:46:26 pm
The whole program should be shut down if they can't control there players better than they do

Dang, I hate that my original .gif on this page was deleted.  Here's another one that shares the same reaction as the previous one:

zebradynasty

We love to put the NCAA down but here is a chance they could do something good. They could cut down a lot of criminal activity with college sports by just passing a rule that any athlete convicted of a violent crime, assaults... is ineligible for a scholarship EVER that's in all NCAA Divisions and the drop in this BS would be huge!

Romeo

I'm willing to give some latitude to college football coaches. Its not easy having to look after over 120 players. There will be a few bad apples in every team. It shouldn't be a reflection of the entire program and the players who are doing the right things. Fact is, no matter how much you try to recruit kids with character, young adults are going to do dumb things. Every program deals with stuff like this. The Jameis Winston saga has just put FSU more into the spotlight. Once upon a time, Arkansas lead the country in player arrests during the Petrino era. I don't think any Arkansas fan would want to see the program shut down because of that.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on July 10, 2015, 04:43:29 pm
I'm willing to give some latitude to college football coaches. Its not easy having to look after over 120 players. There will be a few bad apples in every team. It shouldn't be a reflection of the entire program and the players who are doing the right things. Fact is, no matter how much you try to recruit kids with character, young adults are going to do dumb things. Every program deals with stuff like this. The Jameis Winston saga has just put FSU more into the spotlight. Once upon a time, Arkansas lead the country in player arrests during the Petrino era. I don't think any Arkansas fan would want to see the program shut down because of that.

I'm with ZD. You commit a crime like this, that's it. It's all on player accountability. If you assault someone(battery, misdemeanor, assault) etc etc. You're gone. Finished with the Ncaa. Better go find a ditch digger job.

zebradynasty

Well I am not talking about for misdemeanors and stuff but anything violent...gone major drug or alcohol offenses...gone. I am still for giving a coach some flexibility to do some character building. Also take school investigations out of it, we have law enforcement use it! If a kid is CONVICTED...gone!

Brian G

Dang bar cameras.

What is interesting is the basketball guys can go barhopping.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas