• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PrivateLesson

Jacketman65

Breitontime

Quote from: beach bum on June 22, 2015, 06:32:56 pm
Quote from: HF on June 22, 2015, 06:26:56 pm
Tri county water in hector tastes better than russellville and ot he r areas water imo.... guess it must be all that chicken litter that washes off in the bayou upstream of the pump station

To be honest... after living in quite a bit of places now Russellville and its surrounding communities all the way up to Hector and down to Ola have high quality drinking water. Its better than Ft Smith and NW Arkansas. Colorado has great water. Florida's drinking water is hands down the worst. Everyone knew it too when I was there.
I don't think I drank tap water more than a handful of times in the 6 years I lived in Tampa. Water was terrible.

PrivateLesson

I got a little rain....glad the Lightning is over!      Snakes are bad here.  Too much rain, I guess and blood sucking Mosquitos!

1-Adam-12

Talk about crazy rain.  I heard Van Buren got almost 7 inches of rain in just over 2 hours yesterday.

Breitontime

Wish that would have hit here. Be nice on the Bayou.

I'm supposed to be in Vegas right now. But due to a company royally screwing up a material order for a contract I'm working, I am here fixing their mistake.

Valleysports

I rode like a bat out of he'll today!!!!!!!!!!

beach bum

July 06, 2015, 08:19:51 pm #2807 Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:24:51 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Valleysports on July 06, 2015, 06:34:50 pm
I rode like a bat out of he'll today!!!!!!!!!!

You need to slow down on that thing so you will still be alive to post on here... I get too much enjoyment of you ruffling  feathers on the 6A/7A boards. I don't post there much but its hilarious to read.

HorseFeathers

Read the softball boards.....

beach bum

Quote from: HF on July 06, 2015, 08:34:42 pm
Read the softball boards.....

People didn't like the slow pitch idea... that was great.

Valleysports

Ha ha - low hanging fruit.   ;D

PrivateLesson

Rain Rain and More Stinkin' Rain!!!!!!

cuckoobird

Sunshine in God's country

beach bum

July 09, 2015, 10:07:09 am #2813 Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:36:05 am by beach bum
Quote from: cuckoobird on July 09, 2015, 06:47:06 am

You in the Rockies too?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Valleysports on July 07, 2015, 04:37:07 am
Ha ha - low hanging fruit.   ;D

Almost too easy, isn't it??
8) 8) 8)

beach bum

cuckoobird

beach bum

July 09, 2015, 04:34:42 pm #2817 Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:39:05 pm by beach bum
Quote from: cuckoobird on July 09, 2015, 02:09:41 pm
Quote from: beach bum on July 09, 2015, 10:07:09 am

You in the Rockies too?
Arkansas county

I won't go back to Arkansas County.... bad memories for my only trip there. A butt whooping will do that, and it definitely wasn't Dewitt giving the butt whooping  ;D

cuckoobird

Quote from: beach bum on July 09, 2015, 04:34:42 pm

You in the Rockies too?
Arkansas county

I won't go back to Arkansas County.... bad memories for my only trip there. A butt whooping will do that, and it definitely wasn't Dewitt giving the butt whooping  ;D
were you on the team or a fan?

sevenof400

You in the Rockies too?
Arkansas county

After Linda Lou?

beach bum

July 10, 2015, 11:54:39 am #2820 Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 11:59:38 am by beach bum
Quote from: cuckoobird on July 10, 2015, 07:04:46 am

You in the Rockies too?
Arkansas county

were you on the team or a fan?

I was just a fan. It was like watching a train wreck for us. You knew what was going to happen and nothing you could do to stop it.... 5 to 7 yards every play on the ground. The only perk of that early December night was it was so warm that day I wore shorts to the game. If I remember it was like 60 degrees that night.

HorseFeathers

Nice sunny day in murfreesboro.... unfortunately we didn't find any diamonds...

beach bum

Quote from: HF on July 10, 2015, 02:24:56 pm
Nice sunny day in murfreesboro.... unfortunately we didn't find any diamonds...

That's on my bucket list the next time I am in Arkansas!

PrivateLesson

So, my handy dandy app says......it "Feels Like"  108*!!!

Did you know the heat index was developed in 1978 and adopted one year later by the National Weather Service?   When I was in school, I don't remember all this "Feels Like" stuff.   

It also can be described as "Apparant Temperature".      :)

Jacketman65

I agree, it is what it is,  Hotter than you know what!  Sad part is that it doesn't look like it is going to change any time soon.

Valleysports

I hope it last a while, I could get spoiled on it.  It's like being in a relaxing sauna, tanning booth, hot tub all at the same time.  I'm going to paint some railing, then when it heats up, go for a swim.  Soak up some more of that good Vitamin C.  I do need to rig up some duck decoys over the next few months.

Jacketman65

Me, I'm going fishing - the heck with the rest of it!

Valleysports

Is that on Greers Ferry?

Jacketman65

Breitontime

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Beer, women, and my buddies new Ski Nautique on Greers Ferry.

PrivateLesson

July 15, 2015, 10:38:06 am #2830 Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:44:08 am by PrivateLesson
Have Fun and Be Safe!   Goes without saying Heat Advisory is in most of Arkansas. 

Nothing like cooling off in the water.  8)

Breitontime

Meh', I'll take a little sunburn so long as I'm strapped in to a wakeboard. Beer, it hydrates you if you drink enough, right?

PrivateLesson

I suppose! Lol!   I love the hot weather, too.   I stay in the pool or outside all summer.   I ran the other day and it said it felt like 106, so. 

Breitontime

I much prefer the heat to the cold. Most of the people you hear whine about it incessantly are either old (valid whining) or younger that have grown up with a controller in their hand.

I walked in my shop this a.m. at 6:30, it was 94 in here.

Valleysports

Or they are just flat out over insulated!

HorseFeathers

If you love a day where the heat index hit 123.... then you've been standing in the sun to long and baked your brain.... give me the autumn months.

Breitontime

Spring is nice, fall is nice. But the water is not nice to be in during those times. And, motorcycles.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Breitontime on July 15, 2015, 11:03:40 pm
Spring is nice, fall is nice. But the water is not nice to be in during those times. And, motorcycles.

Only problem with fall & spring in Arkansas is:  THEY AREN'T LONG ENOUGH!!.  We go from one extreme to the next.  COLD....RAIN....HOT.....MORE RAIN.....COLD AGAIN......REPEAT.

Valleysports

Its wonderful!  I moved here because I was tired of two season - 60 deg summers, -60 deg winters.  6 months daylight - 6 months dark. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on July 16, 2015, 01:35:59 pm
Its wonderful!  I moved here because I was tired of two season - 60 deg summers, -60 deg winters.  6 months daylight - 6 months dark. 

60 degree summers sound great....-60 degree winter not so much...

beach bum

Quote from: HF on July 16, 2015, 03:37:30 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on July 16, 2015, 01:35:59 pm

60 degree summers sound great....-60 degree winter not so much...

Valley must secretly be one of those guys on the Discovery Channel above the Arctic Circle in -60..... I will say summer is great for bike rides right before the sun goes down to finish up a day.

Valleysports

No secret - lived there for 20 yrs.

beach bum

Quote from: Valleysports on July 16, 2015, 09:49:07 pm
No secret - lived there for 20 yrs.

Wow, did not know that.... I have got to get to Alaska some day. My dad lived there as well and grew up in Sitka. You don't have to worry about it getting -60 in Sitka though.

Valleysports

Sitka is a nice place - plane needs to be on floats.  Huge (7ft) Black Bears - Great fishing, especially Steel Head.

PrivateLesson

In case everyone missed the Memo........It's Hot and Summer has arrived!  :)

Breitontime

Indeed it has. I am burnt. To a crisp.

sevenof400

Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 20, 2015, 03:29:37 am
In case everyone missed the Memo........It's Hot and Summer has arrived!  :)

Ugh.

Fast forward.  Fast forward...

Breitontime

Heck of a thunderstorm in Russ right now. I left my shop about a half hour ago. Glad I did. I was on a motorcycle.

HorseFeathers

A break from the heat!.....bet the rest of the week will be miserable though once this rain moves out though

PrivateLesson

Cloud cover the past few days has been kinda nice but now I'm ready for sunshine.

I was hoping the grass would die so I wouldn't have to mow...lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas