• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkers Chapel vs Spring Hill

Started by MagicMike, May 12, 2018, 09:03:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMike

This will be a great finale to a rivals over the past 2 years. In 2017 parkers chapel was 4-0 against Spring Hill, winning all 4 games by 1 run. Spring Hill would go on to win the state championship while PC was knocked out in the first round.

This year the Trojans and Bears split in the regular season, each winning by 2 runs. Parkers Chapel won the district on a tiebreaker and was the #1 seed in regionals. Parkers Chapel dominated Spring Hill in the regional championship 14-4, as expected due to Spring Hill not having a deep pitching staff for a 3 day tournament.

Spring Hill will now defend their state championship against Parkers Chapel in Fayetteville next weekend. Can't wait!

big E

Two top notch teams,  should be a dandy.

BossHogs

I'll take PC. But Spring Hill has the edge imo. PC hasn't been in this position in a couple years while Spring Hill was just here. I do think PC is the better team but they can't let the nerves of playing in the State Title game get to them.

southarkdaddy

Always a dog fight between these two.  Parkers Chapel normally comes out on top by a small margin, so I'll go with the Trojans 7 to 5!

big E

Whoever has the least mistakes will win this one.

Rida4Life

you gotta think that SH will be out for revenge after the debacle in regionals.  Chapel should be hungry having not been to Baum in several years.  They are hot and hitting the ball well at the right time.
Should be a fun one.

BlueCrew4U

Chapel has had a good run this year.  Without dominant pitching they managed the state finals.  I'm sure they will see Spring Hill's ace and that may not be a good matchup for them.  But in a 1 game final anything can happen.

For anyone attending the game, please don't judge our school based on our baseball parents.  They are a whole different level of crazy than most of our people.  ;D

Good Luck Trojans!!!

southarkdaddy

State Championship Game, I was wondering why this thread was so slow.  Then I remembered they don't have internet access in Spring Hill yet

KOJACK

Too much #99 for PC to handle. Bears going back to back...

southarkdaddy

Quote from: KOJACK on May 17, 2018, 10:45:41 am
Too much #99 for PC to handle. Bears going back to back...

He's not near as effective without that 300 ft fence in dead center from the cow pasture. 

fleaflicker24

Quote from: southarkdaddy on May 17, 2018, 10:49:59 am
He's not near as effective without that 300 ft fence in dead center from the cow pasture.

So how deep is center in Baum? Unless I am not pickin up what your puttin down he should be even more effective! If you are talkin bout the stick he is capable of goin deep on any field you put him on! Sounds to me like maybe you yourself have been in a cow pasture!

BossHogs

Quote from: fleaflicker24 on May 18, 2018, 02:04:26 pm
So how deep is center in Baum? Unless I am not pickin up what your puttin down he should be even more effective! If you are talkin bout the stick he is capable of goin deep on any field you put him on! Sounds to me like maybe you yourself have been in a cow pasture!
Baum is 400 feet at dead center.

CFam

Did PC hit any homers in that cow pasture? For some reason I am thinking no. I think #99 shouldn't have a prob at all.

fleaflicker24

RabidWolf

May 19, 2018, 02:20:57 pm #14 Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:24:19 pm by RabidWolf
PC wins 10-0, game ends on a 3 run "walk off" inside the park homerun by the Trojan shortstop.

eldofan

Congrats PC . Now let the focus on football season start.

bleacherbum78

fleaflicker24

Congrats to the Trojans! Bears.. Chin up chest out on a great season!

bleudog

May 19, 2018, 04:40:41 pm #18 Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 04:45:06 pm by bleudog

MagicMike

Hogman2018

So much for SpringHill swinging the bats! Coach said in the Texarkana Gazette they could really swing it! Too cocky

MagicMike

Interesting because they scored 7, 4, 1, and 0 vs PC this year. Lol

SAUAlum

How does a Coach that believes his kids can swing the bats well be too cocky? Yeah SH had a terrible game. It's two worse games of the year we're against PC. PC is a great team and I have the upmost respect for Coach Looney and the job he has done there in his 20+ years. They deserved winning the state championship. However, I don't want to take anything away from SH. Being the #2 team in the state says something about a team. Yeah we had a terrible night at the plate and in the field. I'd have to go back and count how many of the ten runs were earned but it was not many (still not trying to take anything way from PC, just stating facts). Point being, a Coach believing in his kids is not being too cocky, if it is, every Coach is cocky. It's not like he said it was a fluke for PC to be there and they were going to be the state champions this year haha.

bleacherbum78

Sounds to me like the Griffin kid from PC got screwed out of the MVP award!!

eldofan

Good story for him to even contribute  this season more less be the Winning pitcher after that bad knee injury he suffered in late January that ended his basketball season and put his baseball season in jeopardy .

MagicMike

Griffin was deserving but so was Worthey. Worthey has been the best player all year and had 3 hits, scored 4 runs, and had 3 stolen bases yesterday. 

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas