• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benefit matches

Started by 1-Adam-12, August 18, 2016, 09:13:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

Some results I've seen on Twitter from preseason benefit matches:

Bentonville easily beat Rogers Heritage and Shiloh Christian.
Van Buren wins over Northside.

Booneville's benefit is tomorrow night as the LadyCats host West Fork and Atkins starting at 5:30.

Any others out there?

1-Adam-12

August 20, 2016, 01:15:02 pm #1 Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 11:03:50 am by 1-Adam-12
The LadyCats took 2 out of 3 from both Atkins and West Fork, while West Fork won all three from Atkins.

Booneville looked really good most of the time but in both matches they tried to coast in the 3rd game with a lead and allowed the opposition to come back. That will need to get rectified.

West Fork is improved.  They still have the big girl in the middle and she can take over a game.  More sound defensively.  However they are in a tough 4A conference and will do well to make state.

Atkins is still pretty good but not quite up to last year's standards. Brown is a very good all-around player.

Marionvolleyballdad

Marion won all 3 sets in their jamboree Thursday night. Marion defeated Brookland 25-16, defeated Nettleton 25-14 and defeated Valley View 25-12.

1-Adam-12

That sounds impressive.  Looking like another good year for Marion.  Best of luck.

Vballfan

Cabot dropped sets to Conway and Vilonia.  they have Benton and Batesville at home this week and then at a tourney in little rock next weekend.  if Cabot wants to be a factor in the new 7A Central, they need to do it this year. 

From what I Have seen thus far:

Southside/NLR/Conway will battle for the top of the conference
MSM/Northside/Cabot/ for middle
Bryant/Central pulling up the rear. 

Cabot can easily fall to the bottom if they don't get it together

IAFLAR7

Quote from: Vballfan on August 21, 2016, 07:06:58 pm
Cabot dropped sets to Conway and Vilonia.  they have Benton and Batesville at home this week and then at a tourney in little rock next weekend.  if Cabot wants to be a factor in the new 7A Central, they need to do it this year. 

From what I Have seen thus far:

Southside/NLR/Conway will battle for the top of the conference
MSM/Northside/Cabot/ for middle
Bryant/Central pulling up the rear. 

Cabot can easily fall to the bottom if they don't get it together
Don't just assume Bryant will be bottom feeders. They have a lot of athleticism on this team. If they can mesh together as a team, they could be a tough out for a lot of teams..

Vballfan

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on August 23, 2016, 09:44:37 am
Don't just assume Bryant will be bottom feeders. They have a lot of athleticism on this team. If they can mesh together as a team, they could be a tough out for a lot of teams..

you're right, I know they had a lot of talent last year - but maybe they are just reloading...lots of new teams facing each other this year in conference, good luck!

IAFLAR7

Quote from: Vballfan on August 23, 2016, 12:45:08 pm
you're right, I know they had a lot of talent last year - but maybe they are just reloading...lots of new teams facing each other this year in conference, good luck!
It's going to be a tough conference for sure.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas