• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Semi finalist by region

Started by 3n2, October 28, 2015, 09:58:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3n2

If my math is correct:   7 teams from the West
                                  9 teams from the East
                                  4 from Central

Useless information!

Vballfan

All west in 7A. All East in 5A. Central Ark volleyball is still pretty far behind.

moe99expedition

I wonder why so much disparity?

Vballfan

October 29, 2015, 09:34:10 am #3 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:18:36 am by Vballfan
7A  little rock is a private school and home school town for most middle to upper class. Club volleyball is a middle to upper class sport. Little Rock Home school won the national championship.

Support for volleyball lags behind other sports in public school  In my daughters school there are just as many kids playing volleyball with half the coaches as compared to girls basketball. Girls basketball wins.  Maybe this will change as the sport grows or people challenge that status quo. As result kids starting in 7th grade and 8th grade don't really learn the fundamentals as there are too many kids there to really get much done. Especially in 7th grade   football. Then basketball. Maybe we will get volleyball lines painted on the basketball court in time for volleyball season, maybe we won't.

Club: Central Arkansas has 3 major clubs, NW Arkansas has one. As a result the "national" teams in this area are really local/regional and don't compete as well and don't send as many highly skilled kids back to school ball. More kids are playing and volleyball is getting better. The best from central Arkansas were pretty well matched with the west except bentonville and of course Fayetteville - but bentonville splits next year.  Conway has started their own club program, Cabot kids are playing in a rec league locally starting in 5th grade and most are now playing club.

Not sure on 5A other than they have been competitive in Jonesboro for a long time. That will be a Great 5A/6A conference next year.

moe99expedition

Thanks for the explanation. I do not live in Arkansas but try to follow Arkansas sports as best as I can.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas