• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conferences 2016-17

Started by #1Rattlerfan, March 30, 2016, 01:06:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1Rattlerfan

Whose in whose conference next year? ??? Very confused by this new system

beach bum

March 30, 2016, 02:28:20 pm #1 Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 07:10:18 pm by beach bum
I know in the neck of the woods I follow it will be 1A schools Alpena, Arkansas Arts Academy(in Rogers), Hass Hall-Bentonville, Omaha, Saint Paul, Kingston along with 2A Decatur and Eureka Springs. That means Eureka will not see very much competition all season which is not good for them. Then down in the River Valley it is Mountainburg, Lavaca, and Hackett bunched up with County Line, Hartford, Union Christian, and Mulberry. Those are some very solid 1A schools so that should be a fun conference to watch. Moving even further down I-40 closer to Russellville you have Magazine, Western Yell, Oark, Scranton, JC Westside, Hector, and Danville. That again will have some fun matchups. Poor Oark though.....Scranton will be battle tested for their postseason in 1A however.

BigLion10

I think England plays Carlisle and Hazen and that group during regular season but white county central and others in postseason

BoxNOne

Riverside moves into 3A-3 next year
3A-3 next year:
Manila
Osceola
Rivercrest
Piggott
Corning
Hoxie
Walnut Ridge
Riverside

Riverside combined 3A-4A next year
Manila
Osceola
Riverside
Gosnell
Jonesboro Westside
Brookland
Trumann
Harrisburg
Rivercrest

beach bum

Quote from: BoxNOne on April 05, 2016, 12:56:45 pm
Riverside moves into 3A-3 next year
3A-3 next year:
Manila
Osceola
Rivercrest
Piggott
Corning
Hoxie
Walnut Ridge
Riverside

Riverside combined 3A-4A next year
Manila
Osceola
Riverside
Gosnell
Jonesboro Westside
Brookland
Trumann
Harrisburg
Rivercrest

Manila and Osceola getting to play all the "big dogs" in the same season will be great!

Head Lion

Yea Hoxie, Corning & Piggott must have a lot more pull with AAA. Should make Lions & Noles both better prepared for postseason.

Head Lion

One hillbilly ref from Alpena can end years of work by any team, sadly.

Moonshiner

Quote from: beach bum on March 30, 2016, 02:28:20 pm
I know in the neck of the woods I follow it will be 1A schools Alpena, Arkansas Arts Academy(in Rogers), Hass Hall-Bentonville, Omaha, Saint Paul, Kingston along with 2A Decatur and Eureka Springs. That means Eureka will not see very much competition all season which is not good for them. Then down in the River Valley it is Mountainburg, Lavaca, and Hackett bunched up with County Line, Hartford, Union Christian, and Mulberry. Those are some very solid 1A schools so that should be a fun conference to watch. Moving even further down I-40 closer to Russellville you have Magazine, Western Yell, Oark, Scranton, JC Westside, Hector, and Danville. That again will have some fun matchups. Poor Oark though.....Scranton will be battle tested for their postseason in 1A however.

Kinda interesting that you say Eureka will not see very much competition all season.
I don't see them beating Alpena or Omaha.  Maybe even Kingston.

beach bum

Quote from: Moonshiner on April 05, 2016, 08:14:08 pm
Kinda interesting that you say Eureka will not see very much competition all season.
I don't see them beating Alpena or Omaha.  Maybe even Kingston.

Eureka will take that league in the regular season... so they are going to go 0-6 against those three teams is what you are saying? I bet they take at least 4 out of 6 if not 5 out of 6 of those games. We can agree to disagree however.

Moonshiner

Quote from: beach bum on April 05, 2016, 10:27:01 pm
Eureka will take that league in the regular season... so they are going to go 0-6 against those three teams is what you are saying? I bet they take at least 4 out of 6 if not 5 out of 6 of those games. We can agree to disagree however.

Eureka loses what, 80% of their offense and replaces it with.....?  Alpena will reload and Omaha will be better than they were this year.  Eureka barely beat both of them this year and won't be better without Sanchez.  Just my humble opinion.

beach bum

Quote from: Head Lion on April 05, 2016, 08:01:34 pm
One hillbilly ref from Alpena can end years of work by any team, sadly.

Alpena is a beacon of progress and has many graduates from prestigious Ivy League schools is what I was told  :o

Head Lion

Quote from: beach bum on April 05, 2016, 10:32:35 pm
Alpena is a beacon of progress and has many graduates from prestigious Ivy League schools is what I was told  :o
This cat didn't look like he could graduate elementary cow milking!!!!!!!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas