• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Tournament Discussion/Prediction Thread

Started by AB™, February 26, 2012, 12:28:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogsfan4life on February 28, 2012, 03:21:22 pm
Quote from: chiefsfan on February 28, 2012, 03:17:53 pm
Quote from: AB™ on February 28, 2012, 03:08:26 pm
I guess Augusta never got back the players they lost earlier in the year did they? 

Nope.    In reality it took a remarkable run for them just to get out of districts.  They got hot at the right time, but without all those players they dont have the talent to compete with a team like Junction City.

Ill be curious to see if the players are back next year.

Agreed, the Jordan Brown kid was a one man wrecking crew in the district. Scoring over 40 in the game against Clarendon.

I was at that game.  Clarendon had that game won for 3 quarters, then let Brown get some good looks.   It was an insane effort, that he then repeated in Regionals from what I understand.

He's just a junior, so the scary thing is, with the right group of players, Augusta could be much better next year.

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

20 min behind schedule so no rush no tickets folks

AB™

Has the Mountainburg/Marked Tree game started yet?

AB™

Found the Mountainburg/Marked Tree game on the radio.  Sounds like we got hot and hit four straight three-pointers but we're already in some foul trouble which isn't good since we only go six deep.  There's a lot of static on my radio feed but I think we've already got five or six team fouls.

Mountainburg 20
Marked Tree 7

End of 1st quarter

AB™

WPWells

Quote from: AB™ on February 28, 2012, 04:39:40 pm
Found the Mountainburg/Marked Tree game on the radio.  Sounds like we got hot and hit four straight three-pointers but we're already in some foul trouble which isn't good since we only go six deep.  There's a lot of static on my radio feed but I think we've already got five or six team fouls.

Mountainburg 20
Marked Tree 7

End of 1st quarter

What radio station?

AB™

February 28, 2012, 05:00:31 pm #58 Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:02:23 pm by AB™
KDYN (I think) which is 96.7 here in the River Valley.  It's a station out of Ozark.

WPWells

Quote from: AB™ on February 28, 2012, 05:00:31 pm
KDYN (I think) which is 96.7 here in the River Valley.  It's a station out of Ozark.

Well I'm in Charleston so that works great for me!

AB™

February 28, 2012, 05:19:08 pm #60 Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:44:00 pm by AB™
Mountainburg - 51
Marked Tree - 31

End of 3rd quarter

AB™

February 28, 2012, 05:33:09 pm #61 Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:04:25 pm by AB™
Mountainburg - 63
Marked Tree - 39

Final

Tara Webb (sophomore) - 15 points
Auburn Peters (sophomore) - 14 points
Madison Backus (junior) - 12 points
Destiny Webb (junior) - 11 points
Kelsey Nelson (junior) - 7 points

As always, a really balanced attack.  Backus is the team's best player and leading scorer but (obviously) she doesn't have to score a ton in order for the team to win.  Nice to see the two 10th graders lead the team in scoring.  This team goes from being a good team to being a really good team when they play with confidence and play like they're capable of playing.  Tara Webb seems to really be coming into her own.  She had a career high 20 against Bigelow in the regional finals and sounded like Marked Tree couldn't stop her today when the ball went inside. 

The two Perry's did almost all of Marked Tree's scoring.  Poohnu Perry had 18 and J Perry had 13 (and probably 10-15 rebounds).  I could be mistaken, but I thought the radio guy said Marked Tree was all underclassmen and I think he even said they had a lot of 9th and 10th graders.  If so, they'll be really good in a couple of years. 

Donnie Jamon

AB™

February 28, 2012, 06:01:40 pm #63 Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:05:11 pm by AB™
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 28, 2012, 05:58:36 pm
Mostly all 10 graders.  The good ones are

They'll be fine, then.  The Perry's sound like really good players and, as the others gain experience and confidence, Marked Tree will be a very tough out the next few years.

Donnie Jamon

You can't get out 2 slow starts this year bc teams are too good.  Mt just couldnt hit anything and mburg can flat out stroke it

True Fan

What kind of condition is the CR gym? New or old? Chair back seats, benches, or risers? Just curious.

AB™

February 28, 2012, 06:07:51 pm #66 Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:10:14 pm by AB™
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 28, 2012, 06:02:29 pm
You can't get out 2 slow starts this year bc teams are too good.  Mt just couldnt hit anything and mburg can flat out stroke it

That's what they've done all year but I was a little reserved about how good they might be because the conference was so bad this year.  They'd jump on teams 27-4 or something like that in 1st quarter, coast the rest of the 1st half, and the starters would sit all or most of the 2nd half.  I think they hit four or five threes in a matter of a couple of minutes in the 1st quarter and the game was over.  There has been times this year they've come out and got off to a slow start shooting but, with their full-court pressure, caused a lot of turnovers and still got easy buckets. 

Were you at the game DJ?  Did our post girl get all of her points off easy transition buckets?  Or was she actually getting the ball on the block in the halfcourt and scoring off a post move?  Her and her sister got a lot of points this year by simply outrunning the defense and getting easy layups in transition. 

Donnie Jamon

Quote from: True Fan on February 28, 2012, 06:06:41 pm
What kind of condition is the CR gym? New or old? Chair back seats, benches, or risers? Just curious.

Big nine gym.  Older but one of the nicer ones around

Littlejohnfan65

Eureka Springs 23
Riverside          19   Half

bird dog

How is the gym lighting (brightness) compared to Magazine which is bright?

Littlejohnfan65

Eureka Springs 35
Riverside          29   end of 3rd

Bird Dog - not as bright as Magazine.

wonderboys

bdubyab60

If eureka makes it past riverside Strong or Clarendon will destroy them

Littlejohnfan65

Eureka Springs 45
Riverside          42     3:00 left

Littlejohnfan65

Eureka Springs 52
Riverside          46   Final

bdubyab60

Good job riverside you played a heck of a game. Came up a little but they made a run at it

Bearcat 82

has the magazine game started yet, if so does anyone know the score, thanks

bdubyab60

14 - 12 magazine early 2nd Magazine looks to be well coached

bdubyab60

AB™

February 28, 2012, 08:01:13 pm #79 Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:18:13 pm by AB™
Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 28, 2012, 07:44:27 pm
14 - 12 magazine early 2nd Magazine looks to be well coached

They are.  They were the 4th best team in their region, but that region may prove to be the best in the state this year.  Don't forget they beat a very good Bigelow team in the district tournament and played Danville tough in the district finals.  Danville split their regular season series with Bigelow and split the regular season conference championship.  On the girl's side the West was a very good region this year when you throw-in Mountainburg.

I'm not saying they'll come out and win the second half and win the game, but Magazine isn't a bad team, nor are they a typical four seed.

Bearcat 82

bdubyab60

Magazine can't handle the press. EPC missing some oppurtunities Mag 35 to 31 start of 4

AB™

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 28, 2012, 08:21:41 pm
Magazine can't handle the press. EPC missing some oppurtunities Mag 35 to 31 start of 4

Magazine still up 4 going into the 4th quarter?

Donnie Jamon

rzbk08

Any online radio coverage? (ie. any local stations that might stream online too?)

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

43-38 epc up.  Mag finally scored n 4th.  2 min left

bdubyab60

Nice come from behind win for the lady warriors 47 to 38

Donnie Jamon

AB™

Donnie, did EPC just not cone ready to play?  Or did Magazine play well?

Even with a 1-1 record on the day, the West girls flexed their muscles a little bit today.

Donnie Jamon

AB™

Quote from: rzbk08 on February 28, 2012, 08:30:17 pm
Any online radio coverage? (ie. any local stations that might stream online too?)

I'd love to know this, too.

bdubyab60

Quote from: AB™ on February 28, 2012, 08:49:09 pm

Even with a 1-1 record on the day, the West girls flexed their muscles a little bit today.
Mag played good until EPC started pressing and trapping. EPC didn't shoot very well. Wasn't anywhere close to the performance against BIC. Maybe them first round gitters they shook em in the 4th though

AB™

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 28, 2012, 08:54:17 pm
Quote from: AB™ on February 28, 2012, 08:49:09 pm

Mag played good until EPC started pressing and trapping. EPC didn't shoot very well. Wasn't anywhere close to the performance against BIC. Maybe them first round gitters they shook em in the 4th though

Well, at this point in the season it doesn't matter how you win 'em.

Donnie Jamon

AB, epc can b one of the laziest teams you have ever seen but when they want 2 play they can beat anyone.  Kinda like bic beating them 3 or 4 times this year n epc beat Bic by 30 n finals of reg's at Bic

Bearcat 82

Congrats to the Lady Rattlers on a good season and making it to state, congrats to EPC as well good luck in the tournament. Who does EPC play next

Donnie Jamon

Quote from: Bearcat 82 on February 28, 2012, 09:06:29 pm
Congrats to the Lady Rattlers on a good season and making it to state, congrats to EPC as well good luck in the tournament. Who does EPC play next

Conwayst joe/ strong winner

bdubyab60

Much better effort Danville not handling the EPC pressure well EPC 48 to 25 at half

bdubyab60

EPC starters out Danvilles still in 70 to 38 EPC

bdubyab60

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas