• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-4 East/West District and Regional Tournament Thread

Started by AB™, February 12, 2011, 01:04:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AB™

I'm curious, how bad did Magazine's girls beat Danville's girls the first two times they played this year?

Even watching them in a loss last night, I felt like Magazine's girls are a better team.  Now, if Magazine is that bad at handling pressure every time they face it, I take that back. 

If I had to guess, I would say Danville forced at least 20 turnovers in their press.  If you never looked at the scoreboard you would have thought Danville had a 15 point lead most of the game.  It just felt that way because Danville got so many steals but they rarely capitalized off of them.  If Magazine had just taken care of the ball they would have won very comfortably. 

Also didn't help that Magazine's two best players (#13 and #33) got in foul trouble.  But you've got to give Danville credit, they played the game, and they forced the turnovers.  It worked and they got the win. 

RATTLER43

We handled their pressure easily the first two times. We ran out to a 20 pt lead in first game and won comfortably although they cut it down to single digits. We beat them by single digits at their place. We handled pressure but shot poorly.

We have handled pressure well in all but three games this season. Don't know why we didn't last night.

Hope we play better this week.

wonderboys

That is how Danville girls have won many of their games this year. Their continuous pressure wears teams down. They have had a handful of games they were behind in (as much as 20 or so to Bigelow), and came from behind to get the win. Magazine beat them by 7 or 8 both times. I know Magazine had a significant lead in one of those games, but once again Danville's pressure got them back into it. That press gives Danville's girls and boys a chance to pull away from teams, or to get back into games that start to get away from them. The West will have to be very solid mentally, as much as physically, to withstand it.

AB™

Quote from: wonderboys on February 19, 2011, 02:48:06 pm
That is how Danville girls have won many of their games this year. Their continuous pressure wears teams down. They have had a handful of games they were behind in (as much as 20 or so to Bigelow), and came from behind to get the win. Magazine beat them by 7 or 8 both times. I know Magazine had a significant lead in one of those games, but once again Danville's pressure got them back into it. That press gives Danville's girls and boys a chance to pull away from teams, or to get back into games that start to get away from them. The West will have to be very solid mentally, as much as physically, to withstand it.

I didn't see anything in either Magazine or Danville (girls) last night to lead me to believe they can hang with County Line's girls when they play like they're capable of playing. 

Mountainburg came out and threw a 3/4 court press at County Line the second time they played.  County Line struggled early and fell behind something like 8-2 or 6-2.  Their coach called a  timeout, and County Line proceeded to shred the press to pieces, and mercy ruled Mountainburg.

Based on what I saw last night Magazine and Danville are closer to Mountainburg girls, and County Line beat Mountainburg by at least 20 points all three times they played this year.

AB™

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 19, 2011, 02:46:40 pm
We handled their pressure easily the first two times. We ran out to a 20 pt lead in first game and won comfortably although they cut it down to single digits. We beat them by single digits at their place. We handled pressure but shot poorly.

We have handled pressure well in all but three games this season. Don't know why we didn't last night.

Well, from what I saw #13 appeared to be Magazine's best ball-handler and she was in foul trouble all game long.  Even she had some bad turnovers, though.  Honestly, Danville didn't have one player really stand out.  I thought #33 and #13 for Magazine were the two best players on the floor.  Magazine just couldn't handle Danville's press and that's why they were able to stay in the game, and prevail in the end. 

Are #13 and #33 seniors?  And what about Danville, are they mostly seniors or do they play some sophomores and juniors?  I know in the West Hartford and County Line are basically all seniors, but Mountainburg starts four sophomores and is bringing up a loaded 9th grade class next year.  Mountainburg also has the second best player in the conference.  She's a sophomore point guard and she can play.  She might be the best player in the conference but I have a hard time putting her ahead of the big girl for County Line.  She's a senior, though.

RATTLER43

February 19, 2011, 03:28:55 pm #55 Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:50:54 pm by RATTLER43
13 is a sophomore. She is really a three but has to play the one since we do not have a true point guard in senior high. She is our best offensive threat by far. She averages about 17 a game. 33 and 4 average about 8 a game. 22 averages about 8 a game. 13 is our outside shooter but has little quickness and as a result was ineffective in a game like last night.  33 is  a senior. She is not a great ball-handler against pressure. More of a take-it-to-the-hole with two or three dribbles type. They are our most aggressive players on offense along with sophomore #4 who I heard was in foul trouble early(along with some bad turnovers) and did not get back into the game much.

I agree with the Danville fan who posted that they live by the press. You do have to be mentally tough. You also just have to execute and take care of the ball. Danville's game plan worked last night. Congrats.

AB™

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 19, 2011, 03:28:55 pm
13 is a sophomore. She is really a three but has to play the one since we do not have a true point guard in senior high. She is our best offensive threat by far. She averages about 17 a game. 33 and 4 average about 8 a game. 22 averages about 8 a game. 13 is our outside shooter but has no quickness and as a result was ineffective in a game like last night.  33 is  a senior. She is not a great ball-handler against pressure. More of a take-it-to-the-hole with two or three dribbles type. They are our most aggressive players on offense along with sophomore #4 who I heard was in foul trouble early(along with some bad turnovers) and did not get back into the game much.

I agree with the Danville fan who posted that they live by the press. You do have to be mentally tough. You also just have to execute and take care of the ball. Danville's game plan worked last night. Congrats.

Yeah, #4 only played a few minutes in the second half.  I thought it was because she kept turning the ball over.  I didn't realize she was in foul trouble, too. 

RATTLER43

Turnovers was probably the reason. She scored and scored against their press the first times. I guess Danville coach made some adjustments or her "sophmoreness" showed up under the pressure last night. I have only heard about last night's games from my wife, my daughter, and a few of the fans. I combine that with watching every game this season for my assessments.

greg6568

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 19, 2011, 02:08:07 pm
County Line's fans as a whole are the most passionate in our area as far as basketball is concerned. The officials have tossed so many of them over the years. Even employees of the school have been tossed at games home and away!
been known to throw sum chairs too

RATTLER43

AB™

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 19, 2011, 03:34:42 pm
Turnovers was probably the reason. She scored and scored against their press the first times. I guess Danville coach made some adjustments or her "sophmoreness" showed up under the pressure last night. I have only heard about last night's games from my wife, my daughter, and a few of the fans. I combine that with watching every game this season for my assessments.

Well, look at it this way, despite doing a very poor job against Danville's press all game long, they still only lost by two.

Another thing I didn't get was late in the game (about 40 seconds left) Magazine was obviously in trouble in the back-court.  It was apparent they were going to either turn the ball over or get a 10 second violation.  Magazine had a timeout left and their coach didn't call it.  Magazine turned the ball over, Danville got the ball and tied the game up. 

AB™

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 19, 2011, 03:42:07 pm
!

Give us the full story.

After we beat them at County Line, apparently a County Line fan was upset (may have got into it with some of our fans a little bit) and picked up one of the chairs used for the team bench, and threw it onto the floor.  I don't know the full story, though, because I didn't see it.

RATTLER43

I seldom put a lot of stock in what fans say about a number of coaching things. There were a number of fan complaints about the final minute of play from that standpoint. You just have to take the entire game into account and for that matter the entire season. The coach is of course human and may have made some errors; but so do refs, players, etc. It is just part of it.  Our girls are, I think 19-7, so the coach must be doing some good things as well.

We just need to right the ship before the next game. Turnovers can get you beat against any team.

krjones

Girls moving on from the 2a-4 east will be Bigelow! 8)

RATTLER43

Quote from: AB™ on February 19, 2011, 03:48:44 pm
Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 19, 2011, 03:42:07 pm
!

Give us the full story.

After we beat them at County Line, apparently a County Line fan was upset (may have got into it with some of our fans a little bit) and picked up one of the chairs used for the team bench, and threw it onto the floor.  I don't know the full story, though, because I didn't see it.

Wow. Just wow!

RATTLER43

Bigelow is super-tough if they are hitting. Our forte is our half-court D and they shredded us the second time we played.

County Line is so loaded with athletes and their length makes them so tough.

Our girls have the talent and athleticism to beat either but must put it all together.

Danville possesses the aggression to upset any team.

Should be a fun region.

AB™

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 19, 2011, 03:51:03 pm
I seldom put a lot of stock in what fans say about a number of coaching things. There were a number of fan complaints about the final minute of play from that standpoint. You just have to take the entire game into account and for that matter the entire season. The coach is of course human and may have made some errors; but so do refs, players, etc. It is just part of it.  Our girls are, I think 19-7, so the coach must be doing some good things as well.

We just need to right the ship before the next game. Turnovers can get you beat against any team.

Yeah, I'm not criticizing the coach.  I just found it curious that he didn't call the timeout in that situation.  Tough loss for Magazine.  They'll more than likely be playing Hartford girls in the first round and are more than capable of beating them.

RATTLER43

No. I understand what you are saying. Multiple fans/friends of mine were texting me while game was going on. they all like the coach and think he does a good job but questioned a few things including that one. It just goes with the territory when you are a coach.

marksman

Quote from: AB™ on February 19, 2011, 03:04:24 pm
Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 19, 2011, 02:46:40 pm

Well, from what I saw #13 appeared to be Magazine's best ball-handler and she was in foul trouble all game long.  Even she had some bad turnovers, though.  Honestly, Danville didn't have one player really stand out.  I thought #33 and #13 for Magazine were the two best players on the floor.  Magazine just couldn't handle Danville's press and that's why they were able to stay in the game, and prevail in the end. 

Are #13 and #33 seniors?  And what about Danville, are they mostly seniors or do they play some sophomores and juniors?  I know in the West Hartford and County Line are basically all seniors, but Mountainburg starts four sophomores and is bringing up a loaded 9th grade class next year.  Mountainburg also has the second best player in the conference.  She's a sophomore point guard and she can play.  She might be the best player in the conference but I have a hard time putting her ahead of the big girl for County Line.  She's a senior, though.

Danville plays all juniors and sophmores.  they do not have a go to player but several that will get 10 a night.  They shot the ball very poorly last night after hitting 8 for 19 from 3 the night before.  I have watched them several times and they are tough.  Play good team ball and very hard to guard.  Most play zone against them cause they are so quick.  They will be tough in the regional.

marksman

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 19, 2011, 04:01:06 pm
No. I understand what you are saying. Multiple fans/friends of mine were texting me while game was going on. they all like the coach and think he does a good job but questioned a few things including that one. It just goes with the territory when you are a coach.
and really if they can only say that he was bad in the last minute he must have been good the other 31 so he did a good job there.  The play you are talking about was a crazy play and its got to be hard not to get caught up in it as its happening.  I thought he did a great job

AB™

And didn't I read or hear somewhere that Bigelow has a lot of sophomores?  Sounds like the top three teams in the East should be even better next year.  Mountainburg girls should be the team to beat in the West next year, but I've learned to never count out County Line.

RATTLER43

Quote from: marksman on February 19, 2011, 04:03:45 pm
and really if they can only say that he was bad in the last minute he must have been good the other 31 so he did a good job there.  The play you are talking about was a crazy play and its got to be hard not to get caught up in it as its happening.  I thought he did a great job

Exactly. And the rest of the season as well.

Add our 9th graders to the mix. They won the junior girls division this year. My daughter was the point guard on that team and could shore up some of our ball-handling areas. Just have to wait and see. I just want to see us play well this week for now. Great season. Let's put some icing on it now.

RATTLER43

That Bigelow group went undefeated as freshmen last year if I read right when we went to their place. They are good.

We start two sophomores and three seniors. He plays two juniors and three other sophomores a lot. Yes. It could be a lot of fun again next year. But, then again, that is the way it is supposed to be.

AB™

Good luck East girls teams next week.   You're going to need it to beat County Line's girls.

County Line with the 61-33 mercy rule insinuating over Hartford.

Seeding for regionals (girls)

1 County Line
2 Hartford
3 Mountainburg
4 Eureka Springs

HorseFeathers

Basically they were making fun of magazine fans saying they needed to buy a rulesbook for dummies, and learn the rules and quit whining(the whining was fans and players). Really got on my nerves, especially conidering the fact that you could hear the danville fans hollering at the refs on the radio, and hear the commentators themselfs ridiculing the refs. Oh well though, its all in being a fan I suppose, since I've graduated high school I don't see the point of being obnoxious like that at a game. I guess when my kids get that age and play(if they decide to) then I might have a different point of view.

Anyway on to the important stuff...who won tonight?

MacCrusty

Lads an Lasses Aye traveled from Cedarville ta watch the Dragons blow a 16 point lead to lose by 6!

Donnie Jamon

who won??  mountainburg or CL boys..  Magazine and Danville boys??

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AB™ on February 19, 2011, 07:15:16 pm
Good luck East girls teams next week.   You're going to need it to beat County Line's girls.

County Line with the 61-33 mercy rule insinuating over Hartford.

Seeding for regionals (girls)

1 County Line
2 Hartford
3 Mountainburg
4 Eureka Springs

East seeding
1. Bigelow
2. Danville
3. Magazine
4. Wyc

Pretty sure I'm right read on another thread that bigelow beat danville's girls tonight in the finals.

AB™

Quote from: MacCrusty on February 19, 2011, 09:37:39 pm
Lads an Lasses Aye traveled from Cedarville ta watch the Dragons blow a 16 point lead to lose by 6!

I have some very unkind words to say about the officials but I'll hold my tounge.

This sums it up perfectly...Mountainburg shot 12 FT's in the first half.  County Line played their grab, and claw, and hold man defense in both halves.  And they did so in the second half playing from behind, meaning they were playing even more aggressively on defense.  We shot 4 FT's in the second half, and it's not because they weren't fouling, or because we weren't attacking no offense.  County Line shot 17 FT's in the second half and we were playing a zone defense.  Tell me how that makes sense?

Bottom line, though, we had a 16 point lead but let County Line come out and get the momentum early in the third quarter.  Then the officials gave them even more momentum, which REALLY got the home crowd into it, and it was just too much to overcome.

Mountainburg is the best team in the district, and I will argue that until I'm blue in the face.  Nothing I saw tonight can convince me otherwise.  Mountainburg is 10-15 points better than County Line on a neutral court. 

Congrats to County Line on the district championship.

AB™

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AB™ on February 19, 2011, 10:21:59 pm
Seriously, not Danville/Magazine score?
that's what I'm thinking...normally that score would have been on here almost as soon as the game ended.

wonderboys

Danville boys won by 14, I believe. The game was closer than that.

razorsharp94

Quote from: AB™ on February 19, 2011, 10:15:10 pm

I have some very unkind words to say about the officials but I'll hold my tounge.

This sums it up perfectly...Mountainburg shot 12 FT's in the first half.  County Line played their grab, and claw, and hold man defense in both halves.  And they did so in the second half playing from behind, meaning they were playing even more aggressively on defense.  We shot 4 FT's in the second half, and it's not because they weren't fouling, or because we weren't attacking no offense.  County Line shot 17 FT's in the second half and we were playing a zone defense.  Tell me how that makes sense?

Bottom line, though, we had a 16 point lead but let County Line come out and get the momentum early in the third quarter.  Then the officials gave them even more momentum, which REALLY got the home crowd into it, and it was just too much to overcome.

Mountainburg is the best team in the district, and I will argue that until I'm blue in the face.  Nothing I saw tonight can convince me otherwise.  Mountainburg is 10-15 points better than County Line on a neutral court. 

AB I will back you up on that.  I was there.  Even though the fouls were pretty even I really thought the game wasn't officiated very well.  County Line got away with quite a bit of extra physical play along with every loose ball going their way.  I felt like the 3rd quarter was POORLY officiated which allowed CL to get back into the game and ultimately take the lead. CL scored 16 points in the whole first half but scored 29 in the third quarter.  That wasn't all officials.  I do feel like they got caught up in the emotion of the game.  Oh well now it sets up what is likely a Mountainburg v. Danville match up in the semis.  Going to be a good one.  Mountainburg is the best team in the district and if they match up with CL again I expect a Dragon victory.

RATTLER43

Danville was dribbling out the clock and kid hit a three on buzzer to win by 15. 3 pt game at half. We took lead in 3rd qtr. Turnovers. Missed FT galore. Even missed layups. Danville took over in 4th qtr. Had our chances.

marksman

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 19, 2011, 04:29:58 pm

Add our 9th graders to the mix. They won the junior girls division this year. My daughter was the point guard on that team and could shore up some of our ball-handling areas. Just have to wait and see. I just want to see us play well this week for now. Great season. Let's put some icing on it now.
you didnt win the conference you won the tournament I believe Danville did

AB™

Well, I'm still not happy about it, because the two best teams int he region will have to play in the semi-finals now instead of the finals, but so be it.  It also means that one of the two best teams in our region are going to have to go into state with a 3 or 4 seed.  But, here are the match-ups for the boys and girls.  I don't know times or anything.

Boys
W1 County Line
E4  Johnson County Westside

E2  Magazine
W3 Eureka Springs

E1 Danville
W4 Hartford

W2 Mountainburg
E3  Western Yell County

Girls
W1 County Line
E4  Western Yell County

E2  Danville
W3 Mountainburg

E1  Bigelow
W4 Eureka Springs

W2 Hartford
E3  Magazine

I will say this, after watching Danville and Magazine play last night, my initial thought was that Danville and Mountainburg were 1a and 1b in the region, County Line was 3rd, and Magazine was 4th.  However, I'm not so sure if County Line can match-up with Danville or Magazine.  Magazine doesn't pressure full-court like Danville and gets lax on defense, but they have the athletes to rotate on Gattis and shut him down, and keep Mainer in check.  Mountainburg played a triangle-n-two on Gattis and Mainer the last two times they played and did an excellent job on Gattis.  And Magazine has quicker and better athletes at the guard position than Mountainburg.  I'm not really sure if County Line can handle Danville's pressure full-court.  But, County Line has the trump card, they're playing at home, in what might be the toughest gym in 2A to get a win.  They've lost there one time in the last four years, and that was earlier this year to Mountainburg.  Which means they've beaten Hackett's LOADED teams each of the last two years when they played them at home.  That should tell you something about the environment.

On the girls side, I honestly don't see any East team touching County Line.  After watching Magazine and Danville's girls last night, I feel like Hartford's girls are better than both, and County Line beat Hartford by 30 tonight.  This is me being a little bias, but don't be surprised if Mountainburg's girls beat Danville in the first round.  IF Moutainburg can stay out of foul trouble and handle the press, I think they are better than Danville.  However, Mountainburg starts four sophomores and only has eight players on the team.  The coach really only feels comfortable playing one girl off the bench.  So, Mountainburg gets in foul trouble, then they are in trouble.  Also, the whole "four sophomore starters" thing may come into play.  Handling a full-court press in the biggest games of their career...it'll be interesting to see how their sophomores handle it.  Mountainburg will have the best player on the court in that game, though.  Ultimately, though, everyone (other than County Line) is probably playing for second place.

MacCrusty

really?? I have watched ya in 3a and now in 2a an always the same. Ya lose ya got cheated you win ya overcame the refs! I watched tonight as yur post players hammered away they did. with few fouls there were inside. 3 of em there were pushin all night they were. what about when the county line player went to the floor he did and from my seat I swear the dragon player kicked his head he did. might of been a accident but to come down the floor with a smirk is to much it is. the dragon fans cheering as if they were happy when he was helped from the floor they were. this is a game it is not a war.  how many dragon players complaining to the refs they were? and not a single indian did I see say a word to a ref. could it be that the dragons were already thinking of playing danville? one game at a time lad one game at a time. what about when the awards were handed out.county line clapped for the dragons confrence champion as did I because you won and deserved it. when it was countyline turn for district champions the dragons stood there with their hands in their pockets they did! spoiled sports theyare!and one more thing if you don't like playing on someone's home court then bid it next time lad!bid it!
go!pirates!

AB™

Quote from: MacCrusty on February 20, 2011, 01:19:34 am

really?? I have watched ya in 3a and now in 2a an always the same. Ya lose ya got cheated you win ya overcame the refs! I watched tonight as yur post players hammered away they did. with few fouls there were inside. 3 of em there were pushin all night they were. what about when the county line player went to the floor he did and from my seat I swear the dragon player kicked his head he did. might of been a accident but to come down the floor with a smirk is to much it is. the dragon fans cheering as if they were happy when he was helped from the floor they were. this is a game it is not a war.  how many dragon players complaining to the refs they were? and not a single indian did I see say a word to a ref. could it be that the dragons were already thinking of playing danville? one game at a time lad one game at a time. what about when the awards were handed out.county line clapped for the dragons confrence champion as did I because you won and deserved it. when it was countyline turn for district champions the dragons stood there with their hands in their pockets they did! spoiled sports theyare!and one more thing if you don't like playing on someone's home court then bid it next time lad!bid it!
go!pirates!

Your posts are a pain in the butt to read.  And you're a Cedarville fan, so of course you were watching the game non-objectively.  It's almost as bad as me saying Mountainburg got cheated and expecting anyone to take me completely seriously because I'm a Mountainburg fan. 

The officiating didn't get that bad until the second half.  And we don't have a choice on where the district tournament is held.  It's on a rotation, and this year it was County Line's turn.  Our gym isn't big enough to host regionals so we can't bid on it.

And you'll have to excuse our players for not clapping for County Line after losing an emotional game where they felt like things were taken out of their control in the second half.  We're talking about 14-17 year old kids who just lost a heart breaking game.  Is it the best sportsmanship?  No, but it's excusable given the situation.  I remember when we beat Little Rock Mills in the state championship my senior year on a buzzer beater in overtime.  They walked off the court without even getting their runner-up trophy.  It looked bad, but none of us thought any less of them for it.  We probably would have done the same thing had we been on the losing end.

MacCrusty

Quote from: AB™ on February 20, 2011, 01:26:28 am

go!pirates!

Your posts are a pain in the butt to read.  And you're a Cedarville fan, so of course you were watching the game non-objectively.  It's almost as bad as me saying Mountainburg got cheated and expecting anyone to take me completely seriously because I'm a Mountainburg fan. 

The officiating didn't get that bad until the second half.  And we don't have a choice on where the district tournament is held.  It's on a rotation, and this year it was County Line's turn.  Our gym isn't big enough to host regionals so we can't bid on it.

And you'll have to excuse our players for not clapping for County Line after losing an emotional game where they felt like things were taken out of their control in the second half.  We're talking about 14-17 year old kids who just lost a heart breaking game.  Is it the best sportsmanship?  No, but it's excusable given the situation.  I remember when we beat Little Rock Mills in the state championship my senior year on a buzzer beater in overtime.  They walked off the court without even getting their runner-up trophy.  It looked bad, but none of us thought any less of them for it.  We probably would have done the same thing had we been on the losing end.

my post are a pain to read they are? then don't read them! just how can mountainburg beat little rock mills in 3a? I was there because countyline beat me pirates and I thought they  were a good team they are.play hard they do. I will type one more time for you I will. in caps so maybe it will sink in this time it will! 
ONE GAME AT A TIME LAD! ONE GAME AT A TIME! and build a bigger gym!

AB™

Quote from: MacCrusty on February 20, 2011, 01:39:01 am
Quote from: AB™ on February 20, 2011, 01:26:28 am

go!pirates!

my post are a pain to read they are? then don't read them! just how can mountainburg beat little rock mills in 3a? I was there because countyline beat me pirates and I thought they  were a good team they are.play hard they do. I will type one more time for you I will. in caps so maybe it will sink in this time it will! 
ONE GAME AT A TIME LAD! ONE GAME AT A TIME! and build a bigger gym!

Yeah, it's not that simple. 

And I didn't play for and graduate from Mountainburg.  ;)

Dragons14

February 20, 2011, 03:04:08 am #90 Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 05:15:03 pm by Dragons14

go!pirates!

Either learn simple gramatical techniques, use spell check, or have someone else type for you, because your posts are below a middle school education; this is a high school board! Very amusing though.

sports03

I feel sorry for teams that have to go play at County Line.  I have heard to much from people from several teams that say it is a bad place to play if your not County Line.  If so many teams have problems over there with the officiating or home cooking then the are problems.  If it was one or two teams (fans) complaining it would be one thing but I have heard it all season from to many people from to many teams.  Its sad that they have to win with help.  If they make it to state they will have a rude awakening because their help will  not be on the court with them.

I also attended the games at Two Rivers and saw some pretty good basketball.  I didn't think that the Danville fans were to bad they were just into the game and it wasn't all Danville fans yelling at the refs.    They just wanted the refs to make some obvious calls there were missing/ignoring.  The point guard for Magazine walks every time she gets the ball and its obvious she gets away with it or you would think the coach would be working on it with her.  Magazine turned the ball over to many times to put the ball game away.  From conversations I had that night with several people from different schools it seemed no one is a big fan of Magazine.  I even saw a Magazine fan try to chase down a ref after the girls game but was stopped due to the fact another basketball teams crowning the hallway.

I happen to notice that the boys team from JC Westside lined up with the Danville kids when the Danville girls ran out on the court so I inquired about this and they said that the night before the Danville kids did the same for them when they played.  Its nice to see teams actually supporting each other.   

neutralfreeroamer

Quote from: sports03 on February 20, 2011, 10:14:58 am
I feel sorry for teams that have to go play at County Line.  I have heard to much from people from several teams that say it is a bad place to play if your not County Line.  If so many teams have problems over there with the officiating or home cooking then the are problems.  If it was one or two teams (fans) complaining it would be one thing but I have heard it all season from to many people from to many teams.  Its sad that they have to win with help.  If they make it to state they will have a rude awakening because their help will  not be on the court with them.

I also attended the games at Two Rivers and saw some pretty good basketball.  I didn't think that the Danville fans were to bad they were just into the game and it wasn't all Danville fans yelling at the refs.    They just wanted the refs to make some obvious calls there were missing/ignoring.  The point guard for Magazine walks every time she gets the ball and its obvious she gets away with it or you would think the coach would be working on it with her.  Magazine turned the ball over to many times to put the ball game away.  From conversations I had that night with several people from different schools it seemed no one is a big fan of Magazine.  I even saw a Magazine fan try to chase down a ref after the girls game but was stopped due to the fact another basketball teams crowning the hallway.

I happen to notice that the boys team from JC Westside lined up with the Danville kids when the Danville girls ran out on the court so I inquired about this and they said that the night before the Danville kids did the same for them when they played.  Its nice to see teams actually supporting each other.   

Shouldnt be home cooking anymore. AAA choses referees from here on out.

RATTLER43

Quote from: marksman on February 19, 2011, 11:24:02 pm

Not to be argumentative, but the tourney champ is the champion. Danville junior girls finished regular season undefeated in conference play. We won the tourney and are the champions. Our girls got a senior high plaque last night for conference co-champions but Bigelow girls are the champions since they won the tourney. SB champ is champion in football whether they won their division title or were wild card, NBA champion is not always the division winner. Our junior girls are the champions.

RATTLER43

Quote from: sports03 on February 20, 2011, 10:14:58 am

If officials start calling walking on her(which until  that game has only been called a couple of times all season) he will correct it.

There are fans from every school who can be obnoxious. If we had one chasing an official (which is news to me) then that is shameful. You are correct, we just committed too many turnovers and missed too many free shots to put Danville away. Any one or two bad calls either way could have been negated by either team by just fewer errors. Officials miss calls but just call it the way they see it.

We sat on the visitors side last night and had Bigelow, TR, WYC, and Magazine fans cheering for us. JC Westside came to our playoff games and cheered for us. They even came and cheered when we played Danville at Magazine this year. I figure they cheer for all conference teams. That is the way it should be. I also figure there are fans from each conference school who are negative by nature and will be against other schools whenever you talk to them.

Finally, there are typically two major reasons why teams are not liked:  they are winning against your team or they are arrogant/obnoxious.

Good luck to each and safe travels this week. Let the regional tourney begin.

neutralfreeroamer

From here on out we need to support our conference teams and onto state support our region. Regardless if a team is unliked.

sports03

Its good to hear the AAA will be assigning refs from here on out.

Your are right JC Westside does seem to cheer on all their the other teams on the conf I hear they have a pretty good set of fans and players.  To bad their SR high girls team didnt do better.  I have seen them play a couple of games ( once at Bigelow and once agains TR) this year and with out that #50 they dont have much.  Would be interesting to see her play under a different coach and see what would happen.  I had heard she got hurt right before district does anyone know how she is?

marksman

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 20, 2011, 02:13:24 pm
Quote from: marksman on February 19, 2011, 11:24:02 pm

Not to be argumentative, but the tourney champ is the champion. Danville junior girls finished regular season undefeated in conference play. We won the tourney and are the champions. Our girls got a senior high plaque last night for conference co-champions but Bigelow girls are the champions since they won the tourney. SB champ is champion in football whether they won their division title or were wild card, NBA champion is not always the division winner. Our junior girls are the champions.
If thats the case then why did Danville get a trophy for Conference Champs?  There the Champs you won the Tourney but for Arguements sake I will go with Co-Champs if you would like? Or Who ever won between the two teams unless they split?  Really dont care its Junior High

MacCrusty

Quote from: Dragons14 on February 20, 2011, 03:04:08 am

go!pirates!

Either learn simple gramatical techniques, use spell check, or have someone else type for you, because your posts are below a middle school education; this is a high school board! Very amusing though.

what is this? a dragon givin advice on grammer he is? one question lad. a pirate and a dragon in the 7th grade they are. who is the biggest is he? the dragon! 18 years old he is!!

neutralfreeroamer

Quote from: MacCrusty on February 21, 2011, 05:39:58 am
Quote from: Dragons14 on February 20, 2011, 03:04:08 am

go!pirates!

what is this? a dragon givin advice on grammer he is? one question lad. a pirate and a dragon in the 7th grade they are. who is the biggest is he? the dragon! 18 years old he is!!
MacCrusty:  Go Away.
AB and Dragons14:  Its a shame that Danville and Mountainburg are on the same side of the bracket.  Thats gonna be the game of the whole regional if both make it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas