• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update on UALR football?

Started by Mulerider4Life, March 22, 2018, 12:24:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider4Life

Does anyone have an update on UALR Football program getting started?

Lions84

boogercat

I really hope they don't get a football team. As a UALR Almuni, this is something I'm against. It will cost money to make an attempt to build a decent football program in Central Arkansas. UALR will not do well in football, UAPB and UA Fayetteville already has a football team. UALR needs to stick with basketball.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: boogercat on December 30, 2018, 05:09:51 pm
I really hope they don't get a football team. As a UALR Almuni, this is something I'm against. It will cost money to make an attempt to build a decent football program in Central Arkansas. UALR will not do well in football, UAPB and UA Fayetteville already has a football team. UALR needs to stick with basketball.

UAPB is a dumpster fire of a school and sports program. The only thing UAPB is know for as a school is African Studies. This is something they are nationally know for I believe. Business School has no accreditation. 

Lumberjackfan1978

boogercat

Me either, I don't see it happening as well. There won't be much support from the city.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on December 31, 2018, 08:01:27 am
UAPB is a dumpster fire of a school and sports program. The only thing UAPB is know for as a school is African Studies. This is something they are nationally know for I believe. Business School has no accreditation.

Their business school is not accredited? I did not know that. Wow

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on January 11, 2019, 08:49:47 am
Their business school is not accredited? I did not know that. Wow

Nope, they are not. Just because a school has a major, doesn't mean they are accredited in that major.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on January 11, 2019, 12:01:33 pm
Nope, they are not. Just because a school has a major, doesn't mean they are accredited in that major.
Wow didn't know that

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on January 11, 2019, 04:11:47 pm
Wow didn't know that

So actually, I did find that they had a ACBSP accreditation in business. Never have ever heard of that. Most reputable schools have a AACSB accreditation instead. AACSB is the only accreditation that AICPA recognizes as well for the most part.

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas