• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Travel Chat

Started by beach bum, August 21, 2015, 09:09:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Blue ridge mountains. Beautiful.

beach bum

March 01, 2016, 08:29:29 pm #51 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 08:34:27 pm by beach bum
Quote from: AirWarren on March 01, 2016, 12:58:19 pm
Blue ridge mountains. Beautiful.

I love that area where Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, and South Carolina all generally come together. The Ozarks and Ouachitas are great but that area has north Arkansas beat. Central North Carolina where Raleigh, Durham, Winston-Salem, and Chapel Hill are would be a cool place to live. In the summer after your work week you pick your weekend getaway. Head west to the mountains or east to the outer banks on the coast for the beach.

Lions84

We are looking to finish our Texas History Trail we are trying get down to Gonzales and some other place near there on the Texas Independence Trail

Breitontime

Going to watch the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in June!

https://youtu.be/hgbbGUwzy2c

VHSCoach2

This isn't really a "travel" post, but I figured I could ask it here and get some pretty good responses.

My grandparents have a 2005 Ford King Ranch (I think F-350). Only about 41,000 miles, dual-wheels on the rear, and they used it for mainly vacations and pulling their RV.  They've since sold their RV and want to (eventually) give me their truck.

That being said, I have been in the market for a truck, but I am not too keen on that particular truck.  I might come around to it, but if I don't what should I look for as a trade-in option or something along those lines?  I am not brand specific, but I would like something with four doors, plenty of bed room for loading, and reasonable gas mileage.

Lions84

Quote from: Lions84 on March 02, 2016, 11:19:10 am
We are looking to finish our Texas History Trail we are trying get down to Gonzales and some other place near there on the Texas Independence Trail

We decided to be good adults and stayed home and paid off the car and our kid's Piano .

Breitontime

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on March 11, 2016, 01:46:36 pm
This isn't really a "travel" post, but I figured I could ask it here and get some pretty good responses.

My grandparents have a 2005 Ford King Ranch (I think F-350). Only about 41,000 miles, dual-wheels on the rear, and they used it for mainly vacations and pulling their RV.  They've since sold their RV and want to (eventually) give me their truck.

That being said, I have been in the market for a truck, but I am not too keen on that particular truck.  I might come around to it, but if I don't what should I look for as a trade-in option or something along those lines?  I am not brand specific, but I would like something with four doors, plenty of bed room for loading, and reasonable gas mileage.
Dodge has a new 1500 out with a diesel. That'said going to be tough to beat. F-150 EcoBoost. I love my Tacoma, hate how small the bed is.

AirWarren

2005 F-350 with 41,000 miles. Man, that truck has another 150k miles left on it with that engine. Is it 4x4?

WPWells

I traveled with my family to Kansas and Nebraska over spring break. Saw 5 national park units in Kansas, 1 national park unit in Nebraska, 2 state capitols, 4 college campuses, and a Frank Lloyd Wright building.

Breitontime

Quote from: AirWarren on March 28, 2016, 02:42:45 pm
2005 F-350 with 41,000 miles. Man, that truck has another 150k miles left on it with that engine. Is it 4x4?
The 6.0 in that truck, is the worst engine Ford ever made. Notoriously bad.

AirWarren

I've seen those trucks, lots of which were forestry company owners, drive and use those things for many many years. It may be bad, but it still has some longevity.

My RAM has some power. IF I buy another truck, I'm thinking about a Tundra.

Breitontime

Austin, TX for the MotoGP races next week. Only time they run in the US now, sadly.

beach bum

Quote from: Breitontime on April 03, 2016, 03:13:13 pm
Austin, TX for the MotoGP races next week. Only time they run in the US now, sadly.

Austin is a great town. Good time of year to head down there too.....

Breitontime

Indeed it is. We know a guy who owns one of the bars on the strip downtown. Should be a heck of a trip down for the races. I love Austin. Top 5 favorite cities.

Lions84

Breitontime

May have to check that out. Heading to the place known as Franklin's BBQ today. Just rolled in to Austin about a half hour ago. Apparently, you can't buy beer until 7 a.m.

beach bum

Quote from: Breitontime on April 07, 2016, 05:04:18 am
May have to check that out. Heading to the place known as Franklin's BBQ today. Just rolled in to Austin about a half hour ago. Apparently, you can't buy beer until 7 a.m.

Maybe the 7 a.m. rule was just there to help you out so you are not napping by noon haha...

Breitontime

Quote from: beach bum on April 07, 2016, 08:31:35 am
Maybe the 7 a.m. rule was just there to help you out so you are not napping by noon haha...
It's race weekend, beer drinking commences before dawn, and ends round about 3 a.m.

Lions84

Breitontime

Thank you. I did. Circuit was downright gorgeous. Can't wait to go back in November for Formula 1 racing.

Lions84

beach bum

April 27, 2016, 05:17:11 pm #71 Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:51:02 pm by beach bum
I am waiting on my passport to arrive. It should be here in about 2 weeks.... going to be a good summer(winter where I will be at the time).... Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay in July and August! I have been almost everywhere in our amazing nation but sadly heading abroad for the first time!

AirWarren

Heading to Navarre in two weeks. Cannot wait. I need a break.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on April 27, 2016, 06:32:21 pm

Enjoy it! May is actually the best time to head to Florida. The rainy season hasn't quite started and the water is just starting to get warm enough for the average person to really enjoy it. Plus its 85-90 and not 90-95 blistering heat! Great choice right now!! The trip is so reasonable from LR or southern Arkansas.

AirWarren

Sure is. It's our anniversary trip.

I needs mental break. Cooler full of cold adult beverages. Haha

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on April 27, 2016, 06:32:21 pm
we're heading there in July

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: beach bum on March 01, 2016, 08:29:29 pm
I love that area where Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, and South Carolina all generally come together. The Ozarks and Ouachitas are great but that area has north Arkansas beat. Central North Carolina where Raleigh, Durham, Winston-Salem, and Chapel Hill are would be a cool place to live. In the summer after your work week you pick your weekend getaway. Head west to the mountains or east to the outer banks on the coast for the beach.
we made a trip to pigeon forge a few weeks back and on the way back stopped in Kentucky at the race track and went on to Indiana it was a good trip its some beautiful country

AirWarren

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on April 27, 2016, 10:47:55 pm
we're heading there in July

In August, going to Fort Morgan, AL with the whole family. Two beach trips for us. Can't wait.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on April 28, 2016, 08:59:19 am
In August, going to Fort Morgan, AL with the whole family. Two beach trips for us. Can't wait.
hey we love fort Morgan, going there as soon as school is out for a few days we love going to the beach

AirWarren

We go every year to fort Morgan with the family. GREAT SECLUSION!

VHSCoach2

Wife and I are going to New Orleans for our anniversary in July. We're going to check out the French Quarter, among other sightseeing.

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 28, 2016, 09:34:14 pm
Wife and I are going to New Orleans for our anniversary in July. We're going to check out the French Quarter, among other sightseeing.

Great place to go. We go there when we set sail on our cruises. Was the city where I became engaged to my wife. Always be a special place to me.

george7244

Heading to Chama, New Mexico in June with my grandson. Going to ride the old steam train fron Chama to Antonito, Colorado. Beautiful ride through the mountains

sevenof400

Quote from: AirWarren on April 28, 2016, 08:59:19 am

Prepare to perspire!

beach bum

Quote from: beach bum on April 27, 2016, 05:17:11 pm
I am waiting on my passport to arrive. It should be here in about 2 weeks.... going to be a good summer(winter where I will be at the time).... Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay in July and August! I have been almost everywhere in our amazing nation but sadly heading abroad for the first time!

The passport is now in my hands... finally checking the mail today came with something positive!

AirWarren

RATTLER43

This thread describes one of my passions which due to lack of funds keeps me from traveling as much as I would like.  Nonetheless, I will describe a few of my favorites:

Took wife and kids through the southeast for two weeks including New Orleans, stops along gulf coast, 6 days of theme parks+ in Florida, Atlanta, Great Smoky Mountains.

Took wife and kids on 16-day trip east including Nashville, Huntington Beach, Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach, Washington D.C., New York City, Beaches in Connecticut and Maine, New York state, Niagara Falls, .....

Took wife and kids on 16-day trip out southwest including Amarillo, , Albuquerque, Petroglyphs, Painted Desert, Blue Mesa badlands, Petrified Forest, Volcano, Meteor Crater, Walnut Canyon, Grand Canyon (North and South rims at different times), Vegas, Bryce Canyon, Zion,.... Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, Royal Gorge.......

Took wife and kids on 16-day trip out west including 5 days on beaches between San Diego and L.A., San Diego, Hollywood, Pacific Coast Highway, San Francisco, Avenue of the Giants, Yosemite, .......

Yes, we love to camp and hike!   

http://magazinerattlers.k12.ar.us/171792_4   for a few pics of us on our adventures.  Must go to personal info and family info to view if interested.    I've not travelled out of our country.  Still have lots of plans to see more of this beautiful nation first. 

beach bum

May 16, 2016, 08:04:26 pm #87 Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 08:07:32 pm by beach bum
Quote from: RATTLER43 on May 16, 2016, 08:00:29 pm
This thread describes one of my passions which due to lack of funds keeps me from traveling as much as I would like.  Nonetheless, I will describe a few of my favorites:

Took wife and kids through the southeast for two weeks including New Orleans, stops along gulf coast, 6 days of theme parks+ in Florida, Atlanta, Great Smoky Mountains.

Took wife and kids on 16-day trip east including Nashville, Huntington Beach, Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach, Washington D.C., New York City, Beaches in Connecticut and Maine, New York state, Niagara Falls, .....

Took wife and kids on 16-day trip out southwest including Amarillo, , Albuquerque, Petroglyphs, Painted Desert, Blue Mesa badlands, Petrified Forest, Volcano, Meteor Crater, Walnut Canyon, Grand Canyon (North and South rims at different times), Vegas, Bryce Canyon, Zion,.... Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, Royal Gorge.......

Took wife and kids on 16-day trip out west including 5 days on beaches between San Diego and L.A., San Diego, Hollywood, Pacific Coast Highway, San Francisco, Avenue of the Giants, Yosemite, .......

Yes, we love to camp and hike!   

http://magazinerattlers.k12.ar.us/171792_4   for a few pics of us on our adventures.  Must go to personal info and family info to view if interested.    I've not travelled out of our country.  Still have lots of plans to see more of this beautiful nation first.

Those all look incredible and a wonderful, happy family too. This will be the first time I step out of the U.S. but your trips here sound right up my alley. I am all about seeing the National Parks too! I did that southwest trip almost exactly park for park!

RATTLER43

May 16, 2016, 08:16:13 pm #88 Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 08:31:25 pm by RATTLER43
Someone posted previously about wanting to get to all of them.  I would love that too.

Yes, that trip was a blast. Glad you got to do it.   

My dad was all about adventure.  We spent summers traveling Arkansas.  He would pull an old jeep behind us.  Many times he would stop on a shoulder.  We would pile into the jeep and go offroading (would be illegal today).  He passed that trait to me!

Keep on traveling and sharing.

RATTLER43

Hard to believe how beautiful northern Arizona and southern Utah are.  Couldn't name all those between Bryce and North Rim but you understood.  Just wow!  So magical an area.  I must return.

AirWarren

Loving some Navarre right now.

RATTLER43

Jealous!    Wish I was on the road traveling right now.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on May 16, 2016, 08:49:51 pm

Loving some Navarre right now.
I know your having a blast have fun

beach bum

I won't be on here for 2 weeks after this post. Keep the fort held down everybody. I hope to have plenty of good stories and pictures from South America.

AirWarren

WPWells

Enjoy, beach bum! I'm jealous

RATTLER43

Soooooo jealous.   Have a great time.

Brian G

Was in NYC for 4 days.
In MIA right now.
Headed toward home Thursday.

AirWarren

Quote from: B.G. on June 22, 2016, 08:21:47 pm
Was in NYC for 4 days.
In MIA right now.
Headed toward home Thursday.

Miami, It will always be about the U.

beach bum

July 06, 2016, 12:26:09 pm #99 Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:31:42 pm by beach bum
If you ever get the chance to go to Igaucu Falls in Brazil it is worth it because it puts even Niagra Falls below its feet. It could easily be toured in about 2 to 3 hours, but we stayed all 9 hours the park was open because it was that amazing. I spent time in four countries in total and had the time of my life and got engaged to the woman I have been with for 7 years. I don't know how many of you have been on mission trips or something of that nature to nations with much less we are born into( I am mainly speaking of my 5 days in Paraguay), but I feel so lucky to live in this wonderful nation. I had a blast however and plan on going back next year to visit my friend again who lives down there. That was a special trip that changed my life I believe.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas