• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

West/Central Region at Magazine

Started by BigLion10, February 18, 2018, 09:41:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

RATTLER43

Welcome!   Congratulations to your teams. We hope it is a great experience for all.
See you later this week.

BigLion10

RATTLER43

Mel's Highway 10 Cafe in Magazine plus Do Dro In.    6 miles west:  Chinese, Tex-Mex, Reid's BBQ, Rockin Robins, Pizza, McD, Sonic, Taco Bell, KFC, Hibachi...

BigLion10

Looks like a possible England/Quitman rematch in the semis Friday night. I sure hope so, I want another shot at them haha

FromTheBench

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 19, 2018, 09:01:40 am
Looks like a possible England/Quitman rematch in the semis Friday night. I sure hope so, I want another shot at them haha

I think if this happened, it would be a heck of a game to attend. England will definitely come out ready to play. They underestimated that Quitman team which is a HUGE mistake. Quitman is hot right now and district champs for first time in a very long time, England and Lighthouse both still bitter about losing to them and WCC is obviously due a good game. They are much better than they played in Dist. Tournament. I am predicting that all 2A 4East teams win opening round and will have same match ups we saw from their District.

BigLion10

Me too I think the East sweeps the boys

AT

East very well could sweep the West boys. I only see Lavaca having a shot. I think Hackett made a great run in the district tourney, but can't believe they are a 2 seed at regionals.

Eureka and Magazine have tough matchups.

Girls side is a bit more interesting.

I fully expect Quitman girls to beat Lavaca, but they got a strange 4 seed draw. Lavaca's girls played well all year, including beating JC-W twice during the regular season.

The rest of the matchups are very interesting. Danville didn't play their best basketball until the district tournament. Can they carry that over to regionals to get a state bid?

JC-W was upset last year in the first round of regionals by Hector, they are looking to get that behind them and punch a state bid and maybe more.

Pangburn-Hackett is a good 2-3 seed matchup on paper.

The boys first round doesn't interest me much, but the girls first round might be worth making the drive for if you are close.

Bildo

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 19, 2018, 12:12:16 pm
East very well could sweep the West boys. I only see Lavaca having a shot. I think Hackett made a great run in the district tourney, but can't believe they are a 2 seed at regionals.

Girls side is a bit more interesting.

I fully expect Quitman girls to beat Lavaca, but they got a strange 4 seed draw. Lavaca's girls played well all year, including beating JC-W twice during the regular season.

The rest of the matchups are very interesting. Danville didn't play their best basketball until the district tournament. Can they carry that over to regionals to get a state bid?

JC-W was upset last year in the first round of regionals by Hector, they are looking to get that behind them and punch a state bid and maybe more.

Pangburn-Hackett is a good 2-3 seed matchup on paper.

The boys first round doesn't interest me much, but the girls first round might be worth making the drive for if you are close.
I don't foresee Quitman having trouble with anyone in the regionals...

AT

I doubt it either, but they sure as heck got the most interesting 4 seed they could get.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 19, 2018, 12:12:16 pm

Magazine has the talent to win if they are clicking on all cylinders. But . . . that is a big IF.

FromTheBench

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on February 19, 2018, 01:48:09 pm
Magazine has the talent to win if they are clicking on all cylinders. But . . . that is a big IF.

Their best chance will be if they can handle Quitman's pressure defense.

BW2015

Anyone know of any radio/live streaming coverage of this regional? 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: BW2015 on February 21, 2018, 12:12:14 pm
Anyone know of any radio/live streaming coverage of this regional?

Not from the local area.

JCWLADYREBELDAD

Rackjack74

STATGUYQHS

STATGUYQHS

Rackjack74

AT

Ok, ok, not that interesting ;)

Quitman girls going to state of course.

Quitman and Magazine boys now.

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 21, 2018, 05:43:59 pm
Ok, ok, not that interesting ;)

Quitman girls going to state of course.

Quitman and Magazine boys now.
;D ;D

Rackjack74

AT

Quote from: Rackjack74 on February 21, 2018, 06:04:24 pm
Boys
Quitman 27
Magazine 21
Half

There's the interest 1-4 matchup. Seems that Magazine might be playing more up to their standards that first half.

Rackjack74

AT

Quitman can enjoy both teams going to the state tournament!

STATGUYQHS

AT

Girls
JC-Westside - 10
Conway Christian - 11

end of 1Q

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 21, 2018, 07:17:58 pm
Girls
JC-Westside - 10
Conway Christian - 11

end of 1Q

Westside up 9 with 2 minutes till half

AT

Girls

JC-Westside - 28
Conway Christian - 21

Halftime

AT

Pretty sure a girl for CC (Stacks?) has scored all but 4 of their points.

BW2015

February 21, 2018, 07:49:14 pm #31 Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 08:00:29 pm by BW2015
Quote from: Almatrackster on February 21, 2018, 07:41:20 pm

I'm sure she has.  It's really a shame that she isn't on a more talented team!

AT

Girls

JC-Westside - 43
Conway Christian - 34

end of 3Q

AT

Girls

JC-Westside - 59
Conway Christian - 46

Final

Lady Rebels are going to state!

Ctucker

AT

Quote from: Ctucker on February 21, 2018, 09:07:08 pm
WCC 33 lavaca 23 halftime

The Central boys sweep of the West is very much in play here if this holds up.

AT

MICHAELSPAPPY

Conway Christian impressed me more than any time I saw tonight. They just took it to Lavaca, who had that deer-in-the-headlights look at halftime. If they are the #4 and Quitman is the #1, there is not that much difference within that half, unless CC played way over their head tonight. Very nice-looking team.

Flobbito

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on February 21, 2018, 10:20:22 pm
Conway Christian impressed me more than any time I saw tonight. They just took it to Lavaca, who had that deer-in-the-headlights look at halftime. If they are the #4 and Quitman is the #1, there is not that much difference within that half, unless CC played way over their head tonight. Very nice-looking team.

I think you mean White County Central, and yes they are a very good team. They were the #1 seed at district tournament, but were flat in the last two games. They have beaten the 1-3 seeds from their district, it is a tough district to play in.

Rackjack74

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on February 21, 2018, 10:20:22 pm

It's WCC (White County Central)...the 1-4 seeds coming out of the east in boys are all very close. Any team out of those four could win on any given night. WCC is a very disciplined team and seems to have a very talented coach. When they're firing on all eight cylinders they're salty.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Sorry. Yes, you are correct. We also saw Conway Christian, and they have a nice team, but just did not quite have the horses for Westside.

I don't know why White County's big guy doesn't just slam it more. Who is going to be able to stop him at this level? Late in the game when things were tight he got loose and tried to do a fancy little up and under move - and missed it. A nice in-your-face jam would have taken care of it.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 21, 2018, 07:41:20 pm

Stacks is a nice player. They just need a little stronger supporting cast.

FromTheBench

13 for WCC doesn't jump as well as you would think a 6'7" kid would. He is very skilled in the post though, and has gotten it done for them. He has a great supporting cast unlike Stacks from CCS. She plays her tail off every night. Too bad she was a senior.

jsky14

How are roads ? Coming from east tonight. What would be best route?

FromTheBench

Quote from: jsky14 on February 22, 2018, 08:27:28 am
How are roads ? Coming from east tonight. What would be best route?

Go thru Dardanelle and take Hwy 27 onto Hwy 10 all the way to Magazine. Less traffic

jsky14

BigLion10

Predictions for Tonight's Games
Girls
Danville vs Bigelow 4:00
Pangburn vs Hackett 7:00
Boys
Hackett vs England 5:30
Lighthouse vs Eureka 8:30

I got Bigelow Pangburn girls, England and Eureka boys

Flobbito

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 22, 2018, 11:10:15 am
Predictions for Tonight's Games
Girls
Danville vs Bigelow 4:00
Pangburn vs Hackett 7:00
Boys
Hackett vs England 5:30
Lighthouse vs Eureka 8:30

I got Bigelow Pangburn girls, England and Eureka boys

Bigelow's 9th grade really helped their girls team, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win either. 

AT

Interesting that you picked Eureka's boys, BigLion. Do you think Eureka just had a bad district or do you not have confidence in Lighthouse?

I'm not sure if JC-W will be the only girls team to win or not from the West girls. Danville is like Magazine boys, if they play like they did in district, they could win.

Hackett is a solid team, but Pangburn is a very solid team.

Flobbito

February 22, 2018, 01:14:14 pm #49 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:10:44 pm by Flobbito
On the girls side is anyone touching Quitman?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas