• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranking of the state Champions

Started by BossHogs, May 20, 2017, 04:47:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BossHogs

How would you guys rank the state champions from 1 to 7?
My rankings are:
1. Cabot
2. Sheridon
3. Woodlawn
4. Vilonia 
5. Nashville
6. Harding Academy
7. Spring Hill (Assuming they hang on and win)

spoof1530

Based on what they are doing now, and who they beat, I would go with the following.

1: Sheridan
2: Vilonia
3: Cabot
4: Harding Academy
5: Nashville
6: Woodlawn
7: Springhill

All subjective, and would be sure everyone has their own thoughts and reasons why.

TheSpecial

Sheridan
Cabot
Woodlawn
Vilonia
HA
Nashville
Spring Hill

Greyhound

Quote from: BossHogs on May 20, 2017, 04:47:35 pm
My rankings are:
1. Cabot
2. Sheridon
3. Woodlawn
4. Vilonia 
5. Nashville
6. Harding Academy

Agreed.

2fe

1. Cabot
2. Sheridan
3. Vilonia
4. Harding
5. Woodlawn
6. Nashville
7. Spring Hill

T-Bone

May 21, 2017, 09:00:10 pm #5 Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:01:44 pm by T-Bone
Quote from: BossHogs on May 20, 2017, 04:47:35 pm
My rankings are:
1. Cabot
2. Sheridon
3. Woodlawn
4. Vilonia 
5. Nashville
6. Harding Academy

Makes no sense to rank these good teams when there are other teams that did not make the #1 in devision but should be far more of a match than many on this list.

spoof1530

The jist of the post was ranking the Champions of each classification, so in order to be in the conversation you have to be "in fact" one of the Champions. While I agree, there are several teams that would be as good or better than some of the Champions, they didn't get it done when it counted. The way I look at it when ranking only the Champions, I consider who would win a two out of three series. Every team usually has their one dominant pitcher, but seldom has two, so in order to win two out of three, it would end up being more of the best team winning, not the team with the best #1 pitcher. Again, that is just the way I see it.

Now if you want to have a highly subjective conversation regarding who you think is the best ten based on whatever criteria you choose, then I urge you to start that post. I am sure it would look completely different then this.

Skip Baymore

May 22, 2017, 12:00:18 am #7 Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 12:25:32 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: 2fe on May 21, 2017, 08:38:58 pm
1. Cabot
2. Sheridan
3. Vilonia
4. Harding
5. Woodlawn
6. Nashville
7. Spring Hill

Flip-Flop Sheridan and Cabot and that would be mine.  That could be a 7 game series between them, IMO.

RedWolf275

1. Sheridan
2. Cabot
3. Vilonia
4. Woodlawn
5. Nashville
6. Harding Academy
7. Spring Hill

IAFLAR7

Quote from: RedWolf275 on May 22, 2017, 07:12:01 am
1. Sheridan
2. Cabot
3. Vilonia
4. Woodlawn
5. Nashville
6. Harding Academy
7. Spring Hill

Sheridan - they're just better.
Cabot benefited from a watered down 7A this year. Traditional baseball powers Bryant and Conway were way down this year as well as some of the west teams.

Grizzlyfan

I believe that Blake Adams from HarBer could beat practically every other high school team in Arkansas on any given day.  I think he could beat every team 5A and below every time he pitched against them.  It's just the nature of the beast. 

for that matter I think Evan Hiatt could beat every team 5A and below every time he pitched against them.

2fe

Quote from: Skip Baymore on May 22, 2017, 12:00:18 am
Flip-Flop Sheridan and Cabot and that would be mine.  That could be a 7 game series between them, IMO.

Having seen all but Spring Hill play, Sheridan and Cabot was the one I had the most trouble with.

Chin Music

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on May 22, 2017, 09:37:14 am
I believe that Blake Adams from HarBer could beat practically every other high school team in Arkansas on any given day.  I think he could beat every team 5A and below every time he pitched against them.  It's just the nature of the beast. 

for that matter I think Evan Hiatt could beat every team 5A and below every time he pitched against them.

Those guys have played on the same summer team along with Kaleb Hill from Watson Chapel who may be better than both of them.  That EM Majors team has 5 SEC commits so far and could end up with 9-10 D1 players.  Not bad for an independent team.

PuddlePirate12

Woodlawn hit like 95 homeruns lol

LeftBench

Cabot
Sheridan
Harding Academy
Woodlawn
Nashville
Vilonia
Spring Hill

That's based off my limited knowledge of some of those teams.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas