• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

West Fork job open

Started by whippersnapper, May 17, 2017, 10:24:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

Just checked triple A website to see that WF head job is open. One year left in the 4-4a till dropping back to 3a.

4real

Will coach Selph slide back over?  His daughter should be graduated by now, i think.  Good timing...

beach bum

This will certainly attract a variety of a good names because it is 10 minutes from the NWA area and they thrive when in 3A where they will be in 2018 and 2019 again. They have what it takes to win some games in November at that level. There is a big jump from the 3A and 4A level when talking about the depth of quality teams. West Fork is going to land someone really good here by default. I like seeing another NWA team do good so I like when they are down in 3A.

whippersnapper

I doubt it is Selph since he is the one to post it on triple A. But as a WF alumni I wouldn't mind seeing him as HC again.

the green moose

What Happened to Lindley?

Sherlock

Took an Asst spot at Fayetteville

we_hate_the_band

West Fork in 4A has been a pretty bad turn but I've always felt Lindley had a great handle on the program. He will be an asset to Fayetteville.

RZback

nuttinbuthogs

Has WestFork hired their new Head Football Coach?

whippersnapper

They promoted DC Bob Wise to HC. He has been an assistant since 06

gameoflife

Always nice when they hire assistants who have been there for a while.  Promotes loyalty and consistency

the green moose

Was not expecting that one

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: gameoflife on June 05, 2017, 08:06:52 pm
Always nice when they hire assistants who have been there for a while.  Promotes loyalty and consistency
Not always. I have no idea on this one.

the green moose

June 08, 2017, 12:23:10 pm #13 Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:05:33 pm by the green moose
He's graduated from Greenland. He began working for West Fork football during the 06 season as a defensive line coach and as a defensive assistant to Lindley. The Moose believes he was promoted to defensive coordinator when Lindley took the head coaching job at West Fork. Coach Wise may not be as well rounded for  the job as in having enough offensive knowledge. The Moose could be and hoping he is wrong on that though.  What coach Wise might lack on knowledge, he makes up with chemistry with his players. He is a coach who cares and wants to see you succeed on and off the field. He has never been very hardnosed about only winning but more of bettering yourself and enjoying the game of football. The Moose will give yall a quick example, in 2012 a former  West Fork defensive lineman who had graduated in 2009 had himself a stroke from over working and stress. He ended up staying about a week in the hospital due to this. Coach Wise heard this and visited the player a few times while in the hospital. Keep in mind this was 3 years after the player had graduated from West Fork. You don't hear of coach's doing that with players from the past. It'll be a rough first couple years for him but the Moose thinks he'll pull through and bring West Fork back to their winning ways.

RZback

I don't think a coach visiting a player from the past is that unusual but you are correct it doesn't make the news.  I will say He better get some offensive knowledge or a good coordinator if what you say is true. Don't they move down in a year.

the green moose

They do, they'll be moving down to 3A in 2018

x14113

And where Green Forest, Marshall, and YS sent them off, Charleston, Lamar, and Paris welcome them back.

Oh, and Booneville will join them for the trip.

Time for the Tigers to practice up, if they know what's good for them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas