• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A 1 East, how will it shake out?

Started by 24, November 16, 2009, 03:39:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Officialfan

good points, good message JAKC, i take back anything where i took your comments out of context. 

and i agree, last year Valley even making it to the finals was a big shock.  This year it will almost be a let down if they don't win state. 

jarcat

In regards to Valley's defense, i saw them play twice this year and their defense is very suspect.  When they play man is a soft man and they don't deny passes and their zone defense doesn't move very well.  I admit that Valley is a very good team and should be one of the favorites but compared to some of the teams i have seen in 3A their defense is not that good.  I may have caught them on a bad night.  Several of the teams in the central and southern part of state bring it full court.  Not just pressing but full court man to man deny defense.  Valley's best defense is that they control the tempo.  Again, not being critical because they are good, i just don't think that defense is their strong suit.

Quote from: jarcat on February 09, 2010, 01:53:19 pm
In regards to Valley's defense, i saw them play twice this year and their defense is very suspect.  When they play man is a soft man and they don't deny passes and their zone defense doesn't move very well.  I admit that Valley is a very good team and should be one of the favorites but compared to some of the teams i have seen in 3A their defense is not that good.  I may have caught them on a bad night.  Several of the teams in the central and southern part of state bring it full court.  Not just pressing but full court man to man deny defense.  Valley's best defense is that they control the tempo.  Again, not being critical because they are good, i just don't think that defense is their strong suit.

this could become a very good discussion... i believe valley is only giving up about 30-32 pts per game. regardless of man or zone that's a pretty good average, granted their conference isn't as strong as in past years. i think they've only given up 40+ pts to 3 teams this year...

so with all that being said, what does everyone think? is valley's defense suspect or not?

Officialfan

well, you need to look at another factor here.  you can't just say that Valley is only giving up 30-40 points per game and let that speak to the defense...
Valley plays a very slow down style of basketball, they control the tempo well, and that has a serious affect on how many points an opponent will put up night in and night out.

faithfulfan

Valley's defense may or may not be suspect...but we may not know for sure until Regional tournament...

proman33

what was the outcome of the cc, mv games last night. anyone have the scores?

faithfulfan

The games have been rescheduled for Saturday at Mountain View. The girls play at 12 and the boys immediately thereafter.

VS Tiger

I think Valley Springs is the top than Bergman

And I went and watched the Bergman Mt. View game they only lost two. I do believe Bergman will go far next year.

Valley will prolly always be on top though

goblinfan2323

the conference is tight between bergman, valley, cave city, and mtn. view this year..it seems like these teams are pretty evenly matched..I'm excited to see how this all will play out.

any word on the outcome of mt view / cave city girls game from saturday?

TigerChik

i believe mv girls are the team to beat in district tournament

VS Tiger

I believe they will get beat.
Like I said they only lost to Bergman 3 and they werent playing very well.

faithfulfan

Sorry to disagree...but Valley is clearly the team to beat in the District tournament on both sides of the Bracket. They have earned the #1 seed and will be the favorites. With that said, I think Cave City and Mountain View Girls can compete well for the title.

faithfulfan

My point is that they are the #1 seed...therefore they are the team to beat. Should be a good tournament. Hope everyone travels to and from Yellville safely.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas