• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A 1 East, how will it shake out?

Started by 24, November 16, 2009, 03:39:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

i know valley is the favorite, but this conference set three boys teams to state last year. so how will the rest of the conference shake out on boys and girls?

3A 1 East
Bergman
Cave City
Flippin
Marshall
Mountain View
Valley Springs
Yellville-Summit

BleedValleyGreen09

Valley Boys will run away with it.

After that it will probably be Flippin, Mtn. View, Bergman, then Yellville in any order.

on the girls side, Valley is probably also the favorite, but if they don't get it together and stop playing arrogant and like total crap they will lose a few games.

I think Mtn. View girls run away with it, followed by Valley.

Houston Mustang

Boys: Valley
         Yellville
         Flippin
         Mt View
         Bergman
         Marshall
         Cave City

lorettalynn

brock

Boys
Valley
Flippin
Y.S.
Mt. View
Marshall
Cave City
Bergman

Girls
Mt. View
Valley
Cave City
Bergman
Flippin
Marshall
Y.S.

HawgDaddy

Bergman boys beat Flippin at Flippin last night by 10. 

faithfulfan

This will be interesting to see how things go. Cave City Boys are a much improved team this year (wouldn't be hard with only 4 wins last year total), but I think it depends on the leadership they can get throughout the year. They can certainly be in the basement of the conference, but I also believe they can hold their own if they play well. Certainly Valley Springs SHOULD finish on top, I guess that why we will go ahead and play the games. Good luck to all our 3a-1 east teams, we'll see you down the road.  :)

BleedValleyGreen09

Valley Springs SB's defeated Bergman 55-26

Silver Haired Fox

Quote from: BleedValleyGreen09 on November 25, 2009, 02:26:29 am

i dont post much, but usually look at website a couple times a week.
wondering why there hasn't been much posted on this match up prior to game? seems unusual for this match up.

proman33

bergman / valley girls was a classic. with valley holding on for a 66-68 win. bergman looks like they can hang with the best in the conference. valley's post play and bergman's point play was impressive.

BleedValleyGreen09

Quote from: Silver Haired Fox on November 25, 2009, 06:31:20 am
Quote from: BleedValleyGreen09 on November 25, 2009, 02:26:29 am

i dont post much, but usually look at website a couple times a week.
wondering why there hasn't been much posted on this match up prior to game? seems unusual for this match up.

Probably just because it was obvious it was going to be a blowout.  The rivalry is pretty much taking a break, Im sure the hate is still there, but the ability for Bergman to hang with Valley for this year is gone. Both in talent terms and coaching.

goblinfan2323

idk..i think bergman girls will surprise u..they only lost to valley by 2..their alot better than last year

ksaun

Valley Springs girls lead the whole game and beat Mt. View last night also Valley Springs boys drummed Mt. View boys.

goblinfan2323

they may have led the whole game, but bergman still kept up with them. I think it will be a tough conference with valley, mtn. bergman and cave city. How much did the valley girls beat mtn. view by?

Quote from: goblinfan2323 on December 07, 2009, 09:47:22 am
they may have led the whole game, but bergman still kept up with them. I think it will be a tough conference with valley, mtn. bergman and cave city. How much did the valley girls beat mtn. view by?

think the boys side i already over, at this point i dont see anyone playing with valley sb's

girls side will be very interesting to watch with bergman, cave city and valley all being very competitive

ksaun

my post had nothing to do with Bergman. It was all about Mt. View. Valley lead the whole Mt. View game.

ksaun

However speaking of Bergman didn't they get beat by Green Forest?

proman33

green forest ended up beating kingston to win the tournament. which shows they are a pretty good team themselves. the difference in bergman girls this year as from last is that they are capable of winning games that they had no chance last year. the downside is they dont play defense. so they need their their best players to step up every night. not much is being said about cave city which i heard has a top player back this year. valley seems to have lost a step from last year but is still winning so i would give them the edge. as for mt. view i predict they will beat valley this year at home. they have the most athletes on any team in 3a east. i see it as valley 1st, mt. view 2nd, then either cave city or bergman 3rd with the rest filling the bottom.

Mr. Sir

Bergman Sr. Girls played Mtn. View close on the road last night. Can Bergman win when MV visits? Big win for Bergman Sr. Boys, keeps them close to top of standings in conference play.

Mr. Sir

has anyone seen Cave City Sr. Girls Play? Sr. Boys?

faithfulfan

Cave City Sr. Girls definitely have a competitive team this year. They will be a good match for most teams and I expect them to finish in the top 3 in the conference, but this early you can never tell. The boys are off to a much better start to this year (as they finished the season with 4 wins last year). They currently have an 8-6 record and were crowned Lyon College Tournament champions last weekend. They are much more aggressive defensively than last year, and have help around the perimeter with some sophmores. Hopefully they can at least finish in the middle of the pack conference wise...but could be a dark horse that might finish as high as 2nd in the conference. This is just my 2 cents, take if for whats it worth. Good luck all.

Mr. Sir

sounds good for Cave City. always nice to win a tournament during the season. did girls have someone move in?

faithfulfan

The girls did have a move in from Tuckerman. She is a senior guard.

proman33

cave city girl's lost to bergman last friday night, so it brings the conference closer now. i had valley the clear number one in girls but it looks like valley is beatable and not able to put away apponents so it becomes a wild guess again on how the conference will shake out. mt. view looks to have the most athletes but have lost to valley. bergman can play everyone close but cannot make free throws and that will hurt them. maybe the cave city valley matchup will shed light on it for us.

jakc

Cave boys are no dark horse.  They are the second most talented team in the conference with 5 kids that can hit the three and 2 post that can go for 10 to 20 on any night and they defend pretty well also.  They SHOULD finish second in the conference and if they shoot well against valley they will have a chance to beat them because valley wants to play zone which means cave will get plenty of outside looks.  This is not the cave boys team of the last couple of years, they are much more like the teams cave had for several years before.

faithfulfan

I am from Cave City and my son is a sophmore on the team...and I certainly want them to do well...but coming off a 4 win season last year, I think it is still a little early to call us the 2nd most talented team. Most of our loses came early, and they are currently riding a 6 game win streak. They have been much better the last couple of weeks, but at this point I am happy encouraging the boys to keep on improving. They are doing so every week, and hopefully we can continue to be competitive in our conference.

Mr. Sir

Jakc
Have you see VS play this year? I have seen them several times against good and bad opponents. Not sure that it will matter if Man or Zone D...there won't be many "wide open" looks for an team they play. CC will have shoot lights out when they play VS.

Mr. Sir

Did CC Sr. Girls have a starter out when they played Bergman?

faithfulfan

When Cave City played Bergman they did have a Junior out. Brooklyn Brinkley didn't play because she was sick. No excuses mind you, just answering the man question. Merry Christmas everybody!

sports_lover

Quote from: ksaun on December 09, 2009, 05:40:28 pm
my post had nothing to do with Bergman. It was all about Mt. View. Valley lead the whole Mt. View game.

Don't you love it when someone responds to a post, but doesn't really "read" the post well and the response isn't even about the post!

Quote from: jakc on December 24, 2009, 09:14:06 am
Cave boys are no dark horse.  They are the second most talented team in the conference with 5 kids that can hit the three and 2 post that can go for 10 to 20 on any night and they defend pretty well also.  They SHOULD finish second in the conference and if they shoot well against valley they will have a chance to beat them because valley wants to play zone which means cave will get plenty of outside looks.  This is not the cave boys team of the last couple of years, they are much more like the teams cave had for several years before.

dont think cave city can handle valley after watching tuesdays game, valley does play alot of zone but dont be fooled they'll lock you down with man as well. seen'em do it too many times this year, very athletic kids and very smart  players

yellville boys beat bergman at home this week, bergman had 12 point lead and lost by 13, not like panther teams of the past.

faithfulfan

Does anyone know how things stand right now in conference for the boys and girls?? I expect Valley Boys are on top, and know that the girls are a toss up right now. I was just curious if anyone had those stats. Thanks. Good luck everybody!

cb5softball

Boys I know Valley is 1, Cave City is 2 and i think Flippin is 3 and not sure from there
In girls there is a tie for 1st with Cave City and Valley and then it is Mtn. View and Bergman and i think Flippin next

cb5softball

Go to ktlo.com and then click sports and then conference standings and they have the standings and scores for this conference as well as a few others in their area

anyone have a final score on last nights mt view cave city boys game???

faithfulfan

There was no Cave City/Mtn. View ball game last night.  Cave City has faced them at home, and in the Lyon tournament and has beaten them both times. The girls beat Mtn. View as well at home. This is a game that was posted, but it isn't even on our schedule. The Girls beat Izard County last night to advance to the finals of the Izard County Tournament, and the Boys play Mammoth Spring tonight.

cb5softball

cave city goes to mountain view next thursday for their last regular season meeting and also goes to marshall monday and has bergman at home friday

Quote from: cb5softball on January 22, 2010, 11:20:38 am
cave city goes to mountain view next thursday for their last regular season meeting and also goes to marshall monday and has bergman at home friday

thanks for clearing that up

nwabbfan

Anyone know what the current standings are for the boys and girls?

Quote from: nwabbfan on February 04, 2010, 02:35:54 pm
Anyone know what the current standings are for the boys and girls?

BOYS                                GIRLS
Valley       11-0                  Cave City   8-1
Cave City  7-2                    Valley        9-2
Yellville     5-6                    Mt View     7-2
Flippin      4-6                    Bergman     6-3
Bergman   3-6                    Flippin        3-7
Marshall    3-8                   Marshall      2-9
Mt View    2-7                   Yellville       0-11

Valley goes to Cave City Friday Feb 5th, Huge girls game

Captain_Caveman

Cave City Sr. Girls beat Bergman last night 58-40 and Cave City Sr. Boys won 61-49.

Valley coming to town tonight for a big game for all teams involved.

Girls win gaurantees 1st or 2nd place, boys are a 2nd place lock.

Good Luck to both teams and Valley have a safe trip down.

Quote from: Captain_Caveman on February 05, 2010, 09:50:42 am
Cave City Sr. Girls beat Bergman last night 58-40 and Cave City Sr. Boys won 61-49.

Valley coming to town tonight for a big game for all teams involved.

Girls win gaurantees 1st or 2nd place, boys are a 2nd place lock.

Good Luck to both teams and Valley have a safe trip down.

Any predictions on the girls game???

faithfulfan

No predictions here...both teams are very capable on any given night to win. The question is...which team shows up to play. Should be a great game. Good luck to all, and we hope all that travel tonight are safe.

faithfulfan

The Cave City/ Valley Springs game last night was a good one. Valley did an excellent job in the post, and it proved to be the determining factor of the game. Valley wins by 4 at Cave City, at avenge a 6 point loss at home earlier in the season. Cave City made a late run but Valley hit some big free throws down the stretch to seal the deal. Great job Valley, good job Cavewomen. Now Cave City must beat Mtn. View if they want the #1 seed. So Tuesday nights game should be interesting.

Quote from: faithfulfan on February 06, 2010, 09:34:30 am
The Cave City/ Valley Springs game last night was a good one. Valley did an excellent job in the post, and it proved to be the determining factor of the game. Valley wins by 4 at Cave City, at avenge a 6 point loss at home earlier in the season. Cave City made a late run but Valley hit some big free throws down the stretch to seal the deal. Great job Valley, good job Cavewomen. Now Cave City must beat Mtn. View if they want the #1 seed. So Tuesday nights game should be interesting.

is tuesdays game at cc or mv?

jakc

So is it ok that I now say ITYS about Cave boys being the second best team in the conference?  With a win vs. MV they will finish 3 games ahead of the rest of the mess.  Easily the second best team.  However, I will admit that I was wrong to this point about them competing with Valley with their 3 pt shooting.  Valley has shut them down!  I do still think that if they meet in district finals Cave could have a chance if they shoot it like they are capable.  Regardless, it's great to see the Cavemen playing at a higher level again after a couple of down years.  Congrats to the boys and Coach Hodges.

Officialfan

Jakc,

hate to burst your bubble world your living in but unless Valley falls apart Cave will never beat them.  your comment about 'if Cave shoots like they are able to' doesn't mean a whole lot.  I watched Valley play Huntsville in the finals at NAC.  Huntsville shot incredible and Valley stayed right there and then took advantage when they did miss.  Cave cant shoot like Huntsville i can tell you that. 
basically, its Valley's to lose.  When you play Valley you have to hope that you shoot lights out and then ON TOP of that you have to hope they don't show up.  they are just too talented and play way too good of defense.
however, anybody is beatable any night.  that's why we have to play them all and we don't hand titles over at the beginning of the year.

faithfulfan

I certainly agree that it is Valley's to lose...when they play to their potential. But...Cave City have at 3 legitimate 3 point threats that could pose a problem if they could all have a decent night. Valley is clearly heads and shoulders above the rest in the conference, they have proven than over and over all season, but they still have to show up and play. Should be a good district tourney and we look forward to some great games. Good luck to everyone and we hope to see you next week at Yellville!!

jakc

Officialfan,

Please don't go taking my comments out of context.  This causes many problems, just look at how many religious denominations there are in America because people take words out of context and use them to fit what they desire, but that's a whole other topic.  I said that IF Cave shoots it like they are capable, then they COULD HAVE A CHANCE.  Never said that they would win even if they hit 15 of 20 3's, but that would give them a CHANCE.  Valley is tremendous and Coach Mac does a great job.  They are and should be the favorites to win state.  Their DEFENSE is what sets them apart from other top teams.  The one loss they have was to an average team that shot lights out.  So, again, if Cave (better than average 3a team) shoots it well, then and only then they could have a chance.  Yes, that chance would probably have to include a poor shooting night from Valley or 15 to 20 turnovers on Valley's part.  Do I think it will happen, NO.  Could it happen, YES.  Remember, nobody thought Valley would be in the finals last year after finishing third in their conference, but it happened.  They even led at the half and if not for those turnovers I speak of they would have a shot at back to back titles this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas