• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SR tournament at Flippin

Started by 24, November 09, 2009, 07:45:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

does anyone have matchups and game times?
please post

lorettalynn

Houston Mustang

The finals should be Flippin vs Norfork which will be a very good game.

Houston Mustang

SO much for my finals prediction. Omaha beats Norfork 50-49.

neaballfan

norfork might not beat black rock, unless its luck omaha was beat by valley springs by like 55.

Houston Mustang

I agree with you. Seems like they have one guy who scores alot and thats it. I know they won 20+ games last year and return the main components from that team.

i've heard some goods things about flippin. are they for real or has it been a weak schedule so far?

Houston Mustang

The only state tournament team they have beat is Melbourne. Also beat ICC, Lead Hill, Sloan-Hendrix, Bruno-Pyatt, Alpena, and St. Joe. Played Salem last night and Im assuming they won that one as well. Puts them at 8-0. They do have a great coach and a young hungry team but I wouldnt say they are state caliber just yet. They play at Melbourne on the 17th and at home vs Bergman on the 20th.

BleedValleyGreen09

Quote from: Houston Mustang on November 11, 2009, 09:39:08 am
The only state tournament team they have beat is Melbourne. Also beat ICC, Lead Hill, Sloan-Hendrix, Bruno-Pyatt, Alpena, and St. Joe. Played Salem last night and Im assuming they won that one as well. Puts them at 8-0. They do have a great coach and a young hungry team but I wouldnt say they are state caliber just yet. They play at Melbourne on the 17th and at home vs Bergman on the 20th.

I don't know about Melbourne. But Bergman isn't much this year.

Houston Mustang

Melbourne lost in the 2A state tiltle games last year. They lost 3 starters I believe and 2 of them were all-state. Their best player is Spencer Caraway. He is the best or second best player in 2A. He is 6'5 190 and can play the 3,4,or 5. He is getting looked at by Lyon College, John Brown University, Williams Baptist, Harding, UCA, and he has talked some to ASU but I dont see them offering. They have another good post player but their guards are average ball handlers at best.

Bergman would have been decent if they hadnt relieved their coach. Dumbest move ever. This caused their two best players to transfer to Valley Springs. Dont know if they have won a game yet.

BleedValleyGreen09

Quote from: Houston Mustang on November 11, 2009, 01:00:57 pm
Melbourne lost in the 2A state tiltle games last year. They lost 3 starters I believe and 2 of them were all-state. Their best player is Spencer Caraway. He is the best or second best player in 2A. He is 6'5 190 and can play the 3,4,or 5. He is getting looked at by Lyon College, John Brown University, Williams Baptist, Harding, UCA, and he has talked some to ASU but I dont see them offering. They have another good post player but their guards are average ball handlers at best.

Bergman would have been decent if they hadnt relieved their coach. Dumbest move ever. This caused their two best players to transfer to Valley Springs. Dont know if they have won a game yet.

I was at the state finals game last year. Caraway... he's a pretty big ball hog.

Quote from: Houston Mustang on November 11, 2009, 09:39:08 am

after watching bergman in conway and flippin tonight i believe this will be a good match

Quote from: Houston Mustang on November 11, 2009, 01:00:57 pm

hm, how will melbourne finish in their conference?

Houston Mustang

They should win it. Caraway doesnt impress me too much but the coaches at some colleges do and I figure they know talent better than me. Id like Melbourne and Valley Springs to play. Valley would win by 10+ but I just want to watch.

Ill be at the Bergman/Flippin game Nov. 20th. Cant wait. Flippin's main wekness is they have absolutely no size. Their biggest player is 6'1 but they are VERY disciplined. And have 2 young guards who are pretty good

Houston Mustang

I agree. After what Flippin lost I thought theyd be lucky to win 5 games. Dont get me wrong, Coach Bright was a good guy but not near the coach as Hargrove. Thats why he has a State title to his name. His son could turn out to be a very very good player.

Houston Mustang

Cotter girls lose to Green Forest 34-56
Marshall boys beat Cotter 66-62
Viola girls beat Deer 42-28 (Deer scored 2 pts in first half)
Flippin boys beat Bruno-Pyatt 57-30 (Flippin now 8-0)
Flippin girls beat Marshall 44-34

girls
melbourne defeats green forest
viola defeats flippin

boys
marshall defeats omaha
flippin defeats lead hill

Houston Mustang

Viola girls beat Flippin 44-27. Viola (8-3) Flippin (4-4)
Flippin beat Lead Hill 66-57. Flippin (9-0)

lorettalynn

November 15, 2009, 01:37:13 pm #18 Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:41:31 pm by lorettalynn
Who won in the finals both girls and boys

Quote from: lorettalynn on November 15, 2009, 01:37:13 pm
Who won in the finals both girls and boys

Viola defeated Melbourne 51-45, girls
flippin boys won

lorettalynn

neaballfan

Ridge Rat

Flippin boys beat Marshall 51-31

lorettalynn

that was marshall's 4th game in a row

neaballfan

not much of a final but the fact that 4th game in a row may have had something to do with it no discredit. haven't heard much about marshall was just saying it might have been closer.

Quote from: fridaynightfan on November 15, 2009, 10:05:08 pm
Quote from: lorettalynn on November 15, 2009, 09:20:52 pm
that was marshall's 4th game in a row

5th night in a row.

Tuesday-Alpena @ Marshall
Wednesday-Cotter @Flippin
Thursday-Omaha @ Flippin
Friday-St. Joe @ St.Joe
Saturday-Flippin @ Flippin

flippin played 4 nights in a row as well, not sure about last tuesday

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas