• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Boys Basketball Weekly Top 16 Poll UPDATED JAN. 25

Started by #EagleStrong, November 20, 2015, 09:11:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobcat4real

December 06, 2015, 12:34:28 am #100 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 12:36:38 am by bobcat4real
Quote from: #EagleStrong on December 05, 2015, 10:27:42 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 05, 2015, 05:09:26 pm
#EagleStrong, I consider you somewhat of the polling expert on here, so I have a question for you. How many teams do you think could make a legitimate case for #1 at this point? Obviously ECS should be #1, but that's not really what I'm asking. Hopefully that makes sense. At this point I think ECS, Charleston, Valley, and Cedar Ridge could all make an argument.
[/quote
Honestly I feel like only ECS, CR, and Charleston right now based on what they have and who they've played. But I'm gaining interest in Drew Central and Manila, I just don't think they have a case for #1 yet

Drew Central is set to play Cedar Ridge and ICC at the Billy Ply Classic in Flippin on December 18 and 19.  Both should be good games..   Flippin plays nettleton.  West Plains, Mo plays Clarksville and Bay...  Plus Fayetteville girls play Valley Springs...

Oldref

Quote from: bobcat4real on December 06, 2015, 12:34:28 am
Quote from: #EagleStrong on December 05, 2015, 10:27:42 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 05, 2015, 05:09:26 pm
#EagleStrong, I consider you somewhat of the polling expert on here, so I have a question for you. How many teams do you think could make a legitimate case for #1 at this point? Obviously ECS should be #1, but that's not really what I'm asking. Hopefully that makes sense. At this point I think ECS, Charleston, Valley, and Cedar Ridge could all make an argument.
[/quote
Honestly I feel like only ECS, CR, and Charleston right now based on what they have and who they've played. But I'm gaining interest in Drew Central and Manila, I just don't think they have a case for #1 yet

Drew Central is set to play Cedar Ridge and ICC at the Billy Ply Classic in Flippin on December 18 and 19.  Both should be good games..   Flippin plays nettleton.  West Plains, Mo plays Clarksville and Bay...  Plus Fayetteville girls play Valley Springs...
Is the complete schedule out for the Billy Ply Classic at Flippin.? I had heard Bays boys played West Plains but haven't seen who else they play or who the Bay girls play. Saw West Plains last summer and know they will be good. Would like to see who all is playing boys and girls and the times.

bobcats

Marshall is not playing anywhere close to a top 10 team right now.  They played progressively worse all weekend.  Emerson is a really good team, DC is pretty good on their home court and McGehee is not very good at at all and we lost to all three.  Good to be home and maybe we can regroup in time for Cotter on Monday.

bdog32

Cedar ridge lost Friday and Saturday also.   So I'd say ecs Charleston and drew central are top 3 right now.

BoxNOne

I wouldn't be holding those two losses against CR too much. Springdale Harber and Valley View will both do very well in the 7A and 5A respectively.

Sportsgirl

Jessieville won the Benton harmony grove tournament! By 14! Daley held 10 to 0 points and he led his team with 25. He is coming on as the season starts! They looked very good last night! Lamb might a state championship team.

WPWells

Slow your roll. I'm sure Jessieville is good but they haven't done anything yet

Sportsgirl

The play Episcopal this Tuesday! That might be a game

WPWells

That will be better for showing how competitive Jessieville will be this season

teachers pet

Every once in awhile a good team loses to a mediocre team like Jessieville's loss to Ft. Lake. Coach Lamb was playing against a former player coaching Ft. Lake. They were up 16-5 in the 1st quarter and Jessieville started jacking up 3's and Coach let it go instead of chewing some butt. Like you said, the game against Episcopal next week should tell us a lot about both teams.

neds

The game Tuesday will still be an early game for Jessieville
They will continue to improve as the season goes and more than others

Longfellow

I can already tell that this weeks poll will be interesting, to say the least

#EagleStrong

Quote from: bdog32 on December 06, 2015, 08:52:11 am
Cedar ridge lost Friday and Saturday also.   So I'd say ecs Charleston and drew central are top 3 right now.

I'm holding off on DC because of the Dermott loss, but depending on what they do against Monticello, I'll reconsider. If they beat the Billies I think they're definitely up there near the top.

#EagleStrong

Judging by the voting so far, 15 teams look like they will definitely be in it in some order: ECS, CR, Charleston, DC, VS, Manila, Marshall, HA, Paris, TR, Jessieville, Centerpoint, WF, McGehee, and Atkins. The last team in seems to be up in the air though.

#EagleStrong

It looks like that last spot will come from HHG, Osceola, or Prescott.

BigMan15

My top ten
1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Charleston
4. Jesseville
5. Valley
6. Marshall
7. Manilla
8. Centerpoint
9. Atkins
10. Paris

Black and Gold

Honest question Bigman what puts the Tigers at number 3? I haven't seen them play yet this year.

WPWells

December 06, 2015, 01:45:32 pm #117 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:48:12 pm by 12th Man CHS
Here's how I see it:

1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. Cedar Ridge
4. Manila
5. Drew Central
6. Centerpoint
7. Jessieville
8. Paris
9. Two Rivers
10. Marshall
11. Valley Springs
12. Harding Academy
13. Atkins
14. West Fork
15. Haskell Harmony Grove
16. McGehee

Black and Gold

Same thing with yours 12th. I haven't got to see Charleston okay. What puts them at 2?

WPWells

The Southside win was impressive, and there was an unbiased observer there that I trust (he just likes to go watch all different teams play) and he said that Charleston may be better this year than they were the past two years with Ward and Smith

#EagleStrong

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 06, 2015, 01:49:06 pm
The Southside win was impressive, and there was an unbiased observer there that I trust (he just likes to go watch all different teams play) and he said that Charleston may be better this year than they were the past two years with Ward and Smith

The only thing I could see giving Charleston trouble would be big teams with true centers, but there don't appear to be many, if any, of those in 3A this year.

WPWells

Charleston seemed to shut down Mitchell Smith

#EagleStrong

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 06, 2015, 02:32:59 pm
Charleston seemed to shut down Mitchell Smith

Yeah, but last year Smith did a lot for them in stopping teams with big post, and without him I just wonder what they'll do against teams with big post. And for the record, Mitchell Smith isn't big. Tall, but not big. It's pretty easy for teams to get physical with him and stop him. Charleston learned that last year when they did much the same. I don't mean to diminish how they played against him, but there are certainly more physical post players out there. However, I don't know that Charleston will ever even come up against a team with that makeup. Lamar has Kern, but nobody thinks they'll have the talent to hang with Charleston, plus Fenner will feast on that 2-3 zone. Paris has Hampton, but he's really more of a forward even though he's 6'5. At regionals WF will have big post, so that could be interesting, but I highly doubt WF would have the firepower to score with Chucktown. But if anything hurts them in the long run, that's all I could see.

WPWells

I think Charleston's role players are what will set them apart this year. We have the studs in Fenner and Ward and a blossoming star in Ewing, but role players like Hampton, Rowland, and Haney (among others) will be the difference

BigMan15

Quote from: Black and Gold on December 06, 2015, 01:12:42 pm
Honest question Bigman what puts the Tigers at number 3? I haven't seen them play yet this year.
Couple of things for one we have good defensive guards which allows us to matchup with TR and ECS . With the physical post in Wade and Phillip will give us the edge against ECS Jesseville TR and others. Honestly we can Prolly outscore any team in 3A. Fenner and Chase can light up the scoreboard and they are really starting to gel so I could see them combine in most games for 50-60 points most teams can't say that. Look even against VB and Southside Fenner had 30 and 35. What do u think he could do to 3A teams. And if you double him Chase and Justin will make u pay. Honestly the only team that scares me is Cedar Ridge Reeves is going to be a matchup nightmare but I have full confidence in our coaching staff to plan for him.

Black and Gold

Anyone know district, regional, and state sites?

WPWells

BigMan15

neds

Quote from: Black and Gold on December 06, 2015, 01:47:51 pm
Same thing with yours 12th. I haven't got to see Charleston okay. What puts them at 2?

I'm with you Black, I would place Charleston at no. 1

Black and Gold

drybones

Sounds to me like at the rate Charlestown is going that everyone else is just playing for 2nd.

WPWells

All you people getting worked up 😂😂

RTF

I thought Charleston was the only team that played 3A basketball?....

Black and Gold

You're Dang right we are. Everyone else should just quit 😉

Moonshiner

You guys are sounding more and more like a certain team on the Class A board.  That might be a good game.  Charleston vs Bay.  Maybe meet somewhere in the middle and play on a neutral court?

WPWells

Black and Gold

Moonshiner

RTF

December 07, 2015, 09:51:36 am #138 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:03:38 am by RTF
Quote from: Black and Gold on December 07, 2015, 09:07:49 am
You're Dang right we are. Everyone else should just quit

I thought they already did?...

Considering one or two of you thought Charleston should be number 1 I knew that HAD to be the reason....

Black and Gold

RTF

Black and Gold

You can't fool us RTF. We know you secretly dress up as a tiger before you go to bed.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Black and Gold on December 07, 2015, 05:02:27 pm
You can't fool us RTF. We know you secretly dress up as a tiger before you go to bed.

Indeed he does.

Black and Gold

I just received a phone call from a highly reliable source. They said all other teams in the state have decided to lay down instead of face the Charleston Tigers! Also read somewhere (won't say where) that they were rank 5 in the nation! I'm very proud of these boys!

BigMan15

Also heard that Black and Gold was buying the rings and CL is buying the banner.

Black and Gold

There will be a feast held in Tiger Arena in honor of the feat. Everyone is invited (you too RTF).

biglion1985

Bay vs Charleston that would be a dang good game

RTF

RTF

Quote from: Black and Gold on December 07, 2015, 09:16:17 pm
There will be a feast held in Tiger Arena in honor of the feat. Everyone is invited (you too RTF).

I would have to cordially decline... Tiger arena could not handle this awesomeness...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas