• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-4 Conference Scores and Updates

Started by #EagleStrong, November 17, 2015, 07:38:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#EagleStrong

Quote from: HF on December 02, 2015, 05:53:06 pm
Quote from: #EagleStrong on December 02, 2015, 04:34:58 pm
Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 02, 2015, 03:39:38 pm
Quote from: #EagleStrong on December 02, 2015, 10:25:40 am
Did Lamar have their football players? How do they look?

Kern started.  He threw down a couple of jams, but all in all he seemed a little rusty.  Not sure what other football players joined/will join.  The defense had trouble stopping Dover's Roby, especially when it counted late.

Lamar is playing again tonight so I'll have a better idea then.

Well, a lot of teams will struggle to stop Roby. Kid went off for 50+ against Alpena last year.

Him and siebenmorgan literally played 2 on 5 on offense for Scranton last year....30 wasn't odd for either one or both to put up...

I should note that Scranton lost that Alpena game.

1-Adam-12

Lamar routed Acorn 56-18.  They had the Grace kid with them tonight to go with Kern.

Since it was a blowout, couldn't really gauge a whole lot.

Kitty01

Charleston girls get a 30 point win over mulberry

TRgators11

Quote from: #EagleStrong on December 02, 2015, 06:00:11 pm

Kern started.  He threw down a couple of jams, but all in all he seemed a little rusty.  Not sure what other football players joined/will join.  The defense had trouble stopping Dover's Roby, especially when it counted late.

Well, a lot of teams will struggle to stop Roby. Kid went off for 50+ against Alpena last year.

Him and siebenmorgan literally played 2 on 5 on offense for Scranton last year....30 wasn't odd for either one or both to put up...

Scranton is down this year with the loss of roby and throughout all classifications in the charleston, ozark, scranton area i think that countyline is the absolute dominate team with discipline players and a good coach. I've yet to see them play this year but when i do i bet you they get after it like no other

BigMan15

RTF

Quote from: TRgators11 on December 03, 2015, 01:05:48 pm

Scranton is down this year with the loss of roby and throughout all classifications in the charleston, ozark, scranton area i think that countyline is the absolute dominate team with discipline players and a good coach. I've yet to see them play this year but when i do i bet you they get after it like no other

I think more people talk about County Line here in 3a than in 1a

The Ghost of Stephen Wood

Quote from: TRgators11 on December 03, 2015, 01:05:48 pm

Judging something before you see it in person will leave you with a rash and a trip to the health department.

TRgators11

December 03, 2015, 01:22:04 pm #57 Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:29:12 pm by TRgators11
Quote from: BigMan15 on December 03, 2015, 01:08:14 pm
That's funny!!

Look at the statistics its true! I made the drive and went and watched the Charleston-Paris game at Danville last year in regionals, Whats funny is the Fenner kid turned the ball over alot, fitzerls shots were off and was overrated AND it seems Paris doesn't ever beat charleston. Why? My Gators team beat them!!!!! With Whitlow Yates Brimm And Jones last year

The Dynasty

Quote from: TRgators11 on December 03, 2015, 01:22:04 pm
That's funny!!

Look at the statistics its true! I made the drive and went and watched the Charleston-Paris game at Danville last year in regionals, Whats funny is the Fenner kid turned the ball over alot and is overrated AND it seems Paris doesn't ever beat charleston. Why? My Gators team beat them!!!!! With Whitlow Yates Brimm And Jones last year

29.5 ppg on 14 shots a game. Shooting 62% from the field. Please tell me more about our overrated player.

Tell me more about your Gators last year. Specifically the quarter final game last year.

That's funny!!

Look at the statistics its true! I made the drive and went and watched the Charleston-Paris game at Danville last year in regionals, Whats funny is the Fenner kid turned the ball over alot, fitzerls shots were off and was overrated AND it seems Paris doesn't ever beat charleston. Why? My Gators team beat them!!!!! With Whitlow Yates Brimm And Jones last year

Your water supply is way to close to your outhouse.

TRgators11

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 03, 2015, 01:29:42 pm
That's funny!!

Look at the statistics its true! I made the drive and went and watched the Charleston-Paris game at Danville last year in regionals, Whats funny is the Fenner kid turned the ball over alot and is overrated AND it seems Paris doesn't ever beat charleston. Why? My Gators team beat them!!!!! With Whitlow Yates Brimm And Jones last year

29.5 ppg on 14 shots a game. Shooting 62% from the field. Please tell me more about our overrated player.

Tell me more about your Gators last year. Specifically the quarter final game last year.

Just a bad night! Teams Have those you know?!?

#EagleStrong

The Dynasty

Quote from: TRgators11 on December 03, 2015, 01:32:27 pm
Quote from: The Dynasty on December 03, 2015, 01:29:42 pm
That's funny!!

Just a bad night! Teams Have those you know?!?

Why wasn't TR in that regional finals game you went to watch?

BiggerMan15.6

That's funny!!
What's funny is the fact that you think charleston is actually good

BigMan15

The players on the court will provide that!! I don't care what u think personally but I guess since your hating on us we are doing something right!!

#EagleStrong

So, uh, .....how about those Atkins Red Devils? They sure do have a team this year don't they. Sorry, I'm just trying to get this thread back on track.

#EagleStrong

Paris plays Pea Ridge tonight. Decent test. Certainly better competition than JC Westside or Mulberry.

Quote from: BiggerMan15.6 on December 03, 2015, 02:43:06 pm
That's funny!!
What's funny is the fact that you think charleston is actually good

I bet you:

A) Eat boogers
B) Live with your parents
C) The closest you've came to a date is going with your cousin to Simple Simons

WPWells

The Dynasty

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 03, 2015, 03:27:08 pm
Don't knock Simple Simon's

Not sure 12th but the cousin part might be the problem....

WPWells

fbisgreat

Quote from: Kitty01 on December 03, 2015, 08:08:15 am
Charleston girls get a 30 point win over mulberry
How come they call it CHS jv but Monday night played there starters the whole game.

Kitty01

They play there starters the whole game ever girl played, and he started a ninth grader

Kitty01

I don't know why they call it a jv game I was confused too, but are jv team is just as good as the starters I guess that's why it seemed like he was playing the starters the whole time

cobbs34

Quote from: Kitty01 on December 03, 2015, 06:04:19 pm
I don't know why they call it a jv game I was confused too, but are jv team is just as good as the starters I guess that's why it seemed like he was playing the starters the whole time

Of course there is. I'm sure there is more than 1 that should be starting that's not. Enlighten us on which ones please.

Kitty01

I didn't say that just saying we don't lose anything, maybe that's a reflection on how bad we are.

Kitty01

Pairs girls vs pocola 15-11 end of first

fbisgreat

I have been to 2 games so far and the same 8 players  play.So the Jv does not play.

Kitty01

#EagleStrong

Paris lost to Pea Ridge. Bad loss. Played really slow and just low energy, a real let down game. Didn't help that PR shot 70% from 3, but it was mostly bad play by Paris. Got a lot of work to do yet.

Kitty01

Well they have come back in this one now and lead 44-36 with 3 min left

1-Adam-12

December 03, 2015, 11:02:44 pm #82 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:53:58 am by 1-Adam-12
At the Booneville tournament, Lamar girls lost to Acorn 47-34, Booneville girls lost big to Cossatot River (65-28 I believe) and Booneville boys beaten by Waldron 59-56.

No third place games so all the 4-3A teams are out of the tournament.  Finals Saturday should still be entertaining with Acorn/Cossatot in girls and Waldron/Dover in boys.

TRgators11

Quote from: #EagleStrong on December 03, 2015, 07:59:03 pm
Paris lost to Pea Ridge. Bad loss. Played really slow and just low energy, a real let down game. Didn't help that PR shot 70% from 3, but it was mostly bad play by Paris. Got a lot of work to do yet.

How about taking Paris out of the Top 10 with that loss to Pea Ridge?!?! I'd hope paris could beat 6 guys .... guess not!

WPWells

Dude, it's a poll. You lost to Bigelow

TRgators11

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 04, 2015, 01:43:49 pm
[/quote

12th Man you lost to Pottsville, hmm ... seems kinda fishy its all the sudden ruled a benefit game and charleston takes the L???

The Dynasty

Quote from: TRgators11 on December 04, 2015, 01:47:11 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 04, 2015, 01:43:49 pm
[/quote

12th Man you lost to Pottsville, hmm ... seems kinda fishy its all the sudden ruled a benefit game and charleston takes the L???

No shame in that Pottsville loss. Those boys are good.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: TRgators11 on December 04, 2015, 01:42:53 pm
Quote from: #EagleStrong on December 03, 2015, 07:59:03 pm

How about taking Paris out of the Top 10 with that loss to Pea Ridge?!?! I'd hope paris could beat 6 guys .... guess not!

And who behind us exactly did enough to warrant replacing us in the top 10? Or you for that matter. Your loss is worse than ours.

You lost to a mediocre 2A team on your home court. On a neutral court, we lost to a mediocre 4A team...that went 14 of 20 from behind the arc. But, since no one outside of the top 10 has done anything to justify a top ten ranking, I can only, at best, see Harding Academy jumping both of us. Had Centerpoint beaten Malvern I would have jumped them above us too, but I do think they're making some waves.

Longfellow

Hear me out now, I may sound crazy to y'all, but why drop either team? Not a point in every one acting stupid over a tournament loss in nonconference

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Longfellow on December 04, 2015, 09:28:18 pm
Hear me out now, I may sound crazy to y'all, but why drop either team? Not a point in every one acting stupid over a tournament loss in nonconference

That's basically what I said, or meant to say at least. Just going on points from the last poll, Harding Academy could make the case to jump us, but we both had a large lead over Centerpoint at #11, and they lost too, albeit it to a good Malvern team.

#EagleStrong

Updates from the last couple of days:

Atkins beat Dardanelle and Pulaski-Robinson
Booneville lost by 3 to Waldron
Charleston cruised past FS Southside and St. Paul
Danville lost to Mountainburg
Paris beat County Line
Two Rivers mercy rules Mountain Pine

Longfellow

Two Rivers travels to Acorn tonight. Who else plays this week?

#EagleStrong

Paris has a week of rematches, at Roland (OK) and home against County Line.

I know Atkins has Mansfield and West Fork.

BigMan15

Charleston plays Waldron home tonight then tomorrow Lincoln @ Scranton then @Lavaca Friday then back to Scranton on Saturday Prolly against Atkins

WPWells

1-Adam-12

Booneville plays at Lavaca tonight then at Acorn on Thursday.

1-Adam-12

Lavaca won both vs Booneville. Girls by 37-18 boys by 56-50.

Longfellow

HorseFeathers

Heard today that both two rivers teams are headed out of state for an invitational tournament...

Longfellow

Yes. They are going to Oxford, Mississippi. Very big schools are playing in it. Don't expect to win, but it should be great experience playing against schools from the larger classifications in Mississippi

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas