• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 1 Tournament at Danville

Started by #EagleStrong, February 22, 2015, 06:56:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#EagleStrong

WowAnArrowFan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 26, 2015, 07:50:01 pm
So what was that about the 1W not getting swept? Y'all are a Charleston victory over Haas Hall away from that happening
Who ever said it wasn't going to be a sweep?

WPWells

Quote from: WowAnArrowFan on February 26, 2015, 08:34:44 pm
So what was that about the 1W not getting swept? Y'all are a Charleston victory over Haas Hall away from that happening

You and BigCatMan both on the other thread

WowAnArrowFan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 26, 2015, 08:35:21 pm

I for one did not say that. I said we had a chance. You go head and tell me that wasn't true?

#EagleStrong

16-3 Charleston after the first quarter.

#EagleStrong

WPWells

Quote from: WowAnArrowFan on February 26, 2015, 08:42:18 pm

I for one did not say that. I said we had a chance. You go head and tell me that wasn't true?

I said you didn't have a chance. Now who was more correct?

#EagleStrong

After that two-game skid, Charleston looks like Charleston again. It's gonna be a war tomorrow. Even speaking as a Paris fan, Charleston looks more finetuned right now. Looking forward to the semis.

WowAnArrowFan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 26, 2015, 09:04:36 pm
Quote from: WowAnArrowFan on February 26, 2015, 08:42:18 pm

I said you didn't have a chance. Now who was more correct?
We very much did have a chance.

WPWells

WPWells

HorseFeathers

#EagleStrong

Honestly....and, look, I'm trying to say this as nice as possible, but the 1-West was actually worse than I thought they were. I'm sure West Fork didn't play their best game, but it was a 1-seed losing to a 4-seed that played one of their worst games of the year when their star player was fighting the flu. Haas Hall looked pretty awful. Had one decent player that I could see. Cedarville was the worst team Paris played this year. For the life of me I can't figure out how Lavaca finished 5th up there. I thought they were the second best team by far. With the freshmen playing they were really decent. Lamar's size was too much for Headley to handle, I imagine the same happened against West Fork. But that conference was really bad, at least in this tournament.

These things come in cycles though. Lavaca has some real nice young talent with Dockery and Eck, West Fork is pretty young as I hear. With the talent that the 3A-4 graduates this year (Ward, Smith, King, Skeets, McCarley, Taylor, Killough, Fitzjurls, Jones, Trusty, Cathey), I think you can expect it to be a little down next year. There won't be a repeat of this. A lot of young teams in the 1-West this year, and a lot of senior-laden teams in the 3A-4. Before King went down, Charleston was starting five seniors. Five of Lamar's top seven are seniors. Even though Paris and Two Rivers are young, they each have a senior anchoring their team, Fitzjurls at Paris and Jones at Two Rivers. Yes, there was a severe talent gap this year, but also a severe experience gap, and I think you'll find both of those closing very fast next year.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 24, 2015, 04:55:18 pm
I'll take the 1 and 3 seeds on the girls and a sweep by the 4 on the boys side

*Ahem*
Nailed it 12th Man.

Longfellow

I know that there are quite a few people on this board and the football boards that don't like 12th Man, but you cannot say he doesn't know his sports

WPWells

What do you mean people don't like me? 12th Man is a friend to everyone!

Overall, picking every single regional tournament game, I'm 80-16 through the first two days

Longfellow

Only picking picking Region 1, I am 6 out of 7 because I forgot who Danville played.

akbballer

12th man is a passionate person who love sports and his CHS.  We love him very much.

cdelaney

Quote from: akbballer on February 27, 2015, 10:23:45 am
12th man is a passionate person who love sports and his CHS.  We love him very much.
Define "We"

RTF

Thats a lot of Love akbballer... Maybe your his college roommate... expermenting?

akbballer

akbballer

Quote from: RTF on February 27, 2015, 12:40:18 pm
Thats a lot of Love akbballer... Maybe your his college roommate... expermenting?
Why do you work so hard to make yourself look like an asinine? Your negative and vulgar projectile emotional diarrhea are not needed here. 12th man is a very decent human being. Express your immaturity somewhere else.

RTF

LOL!! Well.... that was easy.  "Vulgar projectile emotional diarrhea" - LOL!

Longfellow

It's not just 12th Man, RTF hates everyone

RTF

Hate is such a strong word Longfellow... I actually don't hate anyone .   =D

HorseFeathers

The 2A-6 posters seem to have a strong dislike for 12th Man this year...

hoghelmet14

As a Paris fan... who knows 12th Man personally..... He is a Good Guy who loves his team and his Lord.... There is nothing wrong with that!

I hope his team loses tonight... assuming we play... Its snowing.... but not sticking that I can see from my office window....

Some of you guys automatically hate fans of teams you don't like.... I am guilty of that at times.... but as I get older.... and I mean a lot older..... I am learning..... its all good!

So... yall chill out..... we got two more days of Regionals then State then crickets till football.... unless your a baseball fan.... which I am...... so be cool.... and cheer on your team..... if your team is out... come on over to the good side and cheer for us!

Clara Allen

12th Man is top notch- even if he is from C-Town!  J/K!  He's a good egg!
Knows his stuff and is a faithful alumni of his school.  No shame in that.

neds

Quote from: HF on February 27, 2015, 02:47:56 pm
The 2A-6 posters seem to have a strong dislike for 12th Man this year...

I wasn't crazy about his 'other person'

Head Lion

Met 12th man at last years state, loyal alumni, intelligent, sports enthusiast & just a good young man.

RTF

are the games still on? in other words... are they playing right now?

WPWells

So why did this thread suddenly turn into a 12th Man love fest?

hoghelmet14

HorseFeathers

just got the word from 12th man games are canceled tonight....

WPWells

They will finish Greenland-West Fork girls but the other three will not be played

Longfellow

Two Rivers and Lamar will play at 2:00 tomorrow. No idea on the other games

RTF

thx 12th... im guessing Greenland won?

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 27, 2015, 04:12:11 pm
So why did this thread suddenly turn into a 12th Man love fest?
Only two possible explanations: 1)Cold blooded sarcasm or 2)you have multiple accts on FF and these are your alternate user names. #1 is more plausible.

Longfellow

February 27, 2015, 05:01:22 pm #88 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:33:35 pm by Longfellow
Okay, now I have been told that Two Rivers and Lamar will play at 1:00 tomorrow. Anyone else have any clue?

fbisgreat

KDYN radio covered Charleston 's game last night just reported Games start at 2.00 and CHS would play at 5.But there calling for 2-3 inches of snow tomorrow aftarnoon so they could move it up.

#EagleStrong

Two Rivers vs Lamar at 2:00

Paris vs Lamar at 3:30

Paris vs Charleston at 5:00

At least for now.

Longfellow

Thank you. I've been told 5 different times. Someone said 11 am, 12, 1, 2, and 5. I didn't know what to believe

WPWells

Sorry, RTF. Just now saw your question. Greenland girls did win as expected

Head Lion

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 27, 2015, 07:58:33 am

Overall, picking every single regional tournament game, I'm 80-16 through the first two days
You better be picking my Lions 12th man.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Head Lion on February 27, 2015, 11:30:33 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 27, 2015, 07:58:33 am

You better be picking my Lions 12th man.

Am I the only wondering where he's actually predicting these games at? Cause if he doesn't have to reveal then I'm 96-0 so far....

WPWells

All picks are on my blog

120-30 after today's action

And yes I've picked your Lions twice now, HL!

Head Lion

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 12:02:54 am
All picks are on my blog

120-30 after today's action

And yes I've picked your Lions twice now, HL!
+1, you would like watching our kids. We start 4 guys 5'10 or smaller & 1 guy 5'11. We have played 29 games and won the board battle 21. Best of luck to yall, hope to see ya at state.

fbisgreat

I guess there still playing today just made a 7 mile trip to church in Charleston back roads are bad.The road going to Booneville is bad i'm sure the mountain is bad with all the shade on it.

WPWells

I'll take both Lamar teams plus Charleston today

#EagleStrong

Whoever gets fourth in this region will have to play three games in three days culminating in a first round game against presumably Episcopal Collegiate. Yikes.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas