• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A State Tournament Bracketology

Started by #EagleStrong, January 24, 2015, 07:38:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

doubled

Quote from: HF on January 25, 2015, 10:43:41 pm
Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 25, 2015, 10:36:27 pm
Please, PLEASE do not let this thread devolve into yet another Paris-Charleston shouting match. Take it elsewhere. I'd like for people from around the state to discuss and give their input on this thread without having to sift through the vitriol. Thanks.

+1 for every day left in the season for this thread... It's nice to see people put some time and thought into a thread
+10

WPWells

I'll say this, if it did devolve into a shouting match, I wouldn't get involved

ISU7

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 25, 2015, 02:13:07 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 25, 2015, 12:31:59 pm
Charleston wouldn't lose to Rivercrest
I dont think ctown matches up well with rivercrest..i wouldnt want to play them..as far as paris goes every game would be a tough game..Cedar Ridge and Flippin would be a epic game..
;) 8)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 24, 2015, 08:33:20 pm
It could happen, but I would say it's unlikely. Paris probably has a better opponent than McGehee, but from what I've seen the past couple years I also think Paris is probably a better team than McGehee
hasn't mcgehee made it to the semi's the last 2 years?

OB11

I won't lie, I love all the love that Rivercrest is getting but I just don't see them making as deep of a run as some people are suggesting.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to see them take the whole thing home.  Just don't see it happening.  I do think they will win their conference.  But that conference is way down this year, especially with Earle gone.  I also think Osceola will come out of that region.  Could be wrong, but I don't see Rivercrest being the only team from the 3-3A to come out of that region.  I hope the Colts do make a run, but to me they just don't have the depth to compete deep into the tournament.  They do have one of the best athletes in the 3A in my opinion at point guard.  He will have to play lights out for Rivercrest to have a chance in the state tournament.   

BigMan15

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 24, 2015, 07:38:18 pm
I'm hardly Joe Lunardi, but taking a look at the conference standings and the tournament bracket from the AHSAA, I've tried to compile a projected state tournament bracket, which I intend to update regularly as results roll in. Now, this is always tricky business. Regional match-ups are tough to predict, especially as isolated as most of us are. I know a lot about Region 1, but only a little about Region 4. So, I'm depending on you, the community, to help keep this bracket updated and reasonably accurate. I'll post any issues I've run into with determining the field of 16 for your discussion. Try to keep it civil, especially if you don't see your school listed. Remember, the best 16 teams don't always make the tournament. Thanks.

State Tournament at Cossatot River High School
Projected Field of 16

First Round Games

Game 1 (Tuesday 2:30)
McGehee Owls
vs
Valley Springs Tigers

Game 5 (Wednesday 5:30)
Paris Eagles
vs
Mayflower Eagles

Game 2 (Tuesday 5:30)
Flippin Bobcats
vs
Cossatot River Eagles

Game 6 (Wednesday 8:30)
Cedar Ridge Timberwolves
vs
Two Rivers Gators

Game 3 (Tuesday 8:30)
Episcopal Collegiate Wildcats
vs
Lamar Warriors

Game 7 (Thursday 2:30)
Centerpoint Knights
vs
Marshall Bobcats

Game 4 (TBA)
Charleston Tigers
vs
Marianna Lee Trojans

Game 8 (Thursday 5:30)
Rivercrest Colts
vs
Smackover Buckaroos

Projected Seeding

Region 1
1. Charleston
2. Paris
3. Two Rivers
4. Lamar

Region 2
1. Episcopal Collegiate
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Mayflower
4. Marianna Lee

Region 3
1. Flippin
2. Rivercrest
3. Marshall
4. Valley Springs

Region 4
1. McGehee
2. Centerpoint
3. Smackover
4. Cossatot River

Upcoming Bracketology Games

(January 27)

Paris at Lamar:
If Paris Wins....the Eagles stay alive for a chance at an outright conference title, but it would also knock Lamar out of the projected Field of 16 in favor of Danville, who beat Lamar 78-74 last week.
  If Lamar Wins....the Warriors remain in the Field of 16. Not enough to move them up to the 3-seed with a home loss to Two Rivers hanging over their head, but it would put them in a position to make a move. Paris would remain as a 2-seed, but their later game at Two Rivers would become far more significant.

Benton-Harmony Grove at Mayflower:
If Harmony Grove Wins....the Cardinals firmly enter the conversation. They would better put themselves in a position for a 3-seed at regionals to avoid a first round match-up with Cedar Ridge. A win on Tuesday coupled with a win over Jessieville on February 6 would all be huge.
  If Mayflower Wins....then BHG's state chances are further diminished. There would be little or no upward mobility for Mayflower here, but it would strengthen their chances at securing a potential 3-seed at state.

Cedar Ridge at Harding Academy:
If Cedar Ridge Wins....the Timberwolves all but lock up a conference title with a road win over their stiffest conference competition. Still games left to be played, but this is definitely the toughest left on their schedule.
If Harding Academy Wins....the Wildcats enter the Field of 16. Simple as that. They still would need to avenge the loss to Marianna Lee, but they can avoid a regional matchup with Mayflower and position themselves to play a Jessieville team they've already beaten by 14.

Cossatot River at Prescott:
  If Cossatot River Wins....the Eagles gain some upward mobility, potentially moving to a 3-seed at state over Smackover.
  If Prescott Wins....there will be a conversation to be had over whether or not Prescott belongs in over Smackover. The Buckaroos struggled with bottom-dweller Camden-Harmony Grove, and confidence in them is fading, opening the door for Prescott.

Two Rivers at Danville:
  If Two Rivers Wins....the Gators remain the projected 3-seed, winning a venue that projected 1-seed Charleston needed a buzzer beater to escape with a win.
  If Danville Wins....the Little Johns put themselves in a far better position to enter the field. Much will depend on the outcome of Paris-Lamar, but it is important to note that Danville currently holds the tie-breaker over the Warriors.

Osceola at Rivercrest:
  If Osceola Wins....the state remembers how dangerous the Seminoles can be, and Osceola re-enters the conversation after a lengthy lull.
  If Rivercrest Wins....the Colts further establish their dominance in conference and position themselves for a strong run.

First Round

Valley
                   Mcgehee
Mcgehee
                                             Paris

Paris
                   Paris
Mayflower
                                                                 Cedar Ridge

Cossate
                   Flippin
Flippin

Cedar Ridge

Cedar Ridge
                         Cedar Ridge
Two Rivers
                                                                          ECS

ECS
                ECS
Lamar

ECS

Centerpoint
                         Centerpoint
Marshall

ECS
Charleston
                      Charleston
Marinna Lee

Rivercrest

Rivercrest
                         Rivercrest
Smackover

ISU7

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 26, 2015, 10:06:35 am
I'm hardly Joe Lunardi, but taking a look at the conference standings and the tournament bracket from the AHSAA, I've tried to compile a projected state tournament bracket, which I intend to update regularly as results roll in. Now, this is always tricky business. Regional match-ups are tough to predict, especially as isolated as most of us are. I know a lot about Region 1, but only a little about Region 4. So, I'm depending on you, the community, to help keep this bracket updated and reasonably accurate. I'll post any issues I've run into with determining the field of 16 for your discussion. Try to keep it civil, especially if you don't see your school listed. Remember, the best 16 teams don't always make the tournament. Thanks.

Projected Field of 16

First Round Games

McGehee Owls
vs
Valley Springs Tigers

Paris Eagles
vs
Mayflower Eagles

Flippin Bobcats
vs
Cossatot River Eagles

Cedar Ridge Timberwolves
vs
Two Rivers Gators

vs
Lamar Warriors

Centerpoint Knights
vs
Marshall Bobcats

Game 4 (TBA)
Charleston Tigers
vs
Marianna Lee Trojans

Rivercrest Colts
vs
Smackover Buckaroos

Projected Seeding

Region 1
1. Charleston
2. Paris
3. Two Rivers
4. Lamar

Region 2
1. Episcopal Collegiate
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Mayflower
4. Marianna Lee

Region 3
1. Flippin
2. Rivercrest
3. Marshall
4. Valley Springs

Region 4
1. McGehee
2. Centerpoint
3. Smackover
4. Cossatot River

(January 27)

Paris at Lamar:
If Paris Wins....the Eagles stay alive for a chance at an outright conference title, but it would also knock Lamar out of the projected Field of 16 in favor of Danville, who beat Lamar 78-74 last week.
  If Lamar Wins....the Warriors remain in the Field of 16. Not enough to move them up to the 3-seed with a home loss to Two Rivers hanging over their head, but it would put them in a position to make a move. Paris would remain as a 2-seed, but their later game at Two Rivers would become far more significant.

If Harmony Grove Wins....the Cardinals firmly enter the conversation. They would better put themselves in a position for a 3-seed at regionals to avoid a first round match-up with Cedar Ridge. A win on Tuesday coupled with a win over Jessieville on February 6 would all be huge.
  If Mayflower Wins....then BHG's state chances are further diminished. There would be little or no upward mobility for Mayflower here, but it would strengthen their chances at securing a potential 3-seed at state.

If Cedar Ridge Wins....the Timberwolves all but lock up a conference title with a road win over their stiffest conference competition. Still games left to be played, but this is definitely the toughest left on their schedule.
If Harding Academy Wins....the Wildcats enter the Field of 16. Simple as that. They still would need to avenge the loss to Marianna Lee, but they can avoid a regional matchup with Mayflower and position themselves to play a Jessieville team they've already beaten by 14.

If Cossatot River Wins....the Eagles gain some upward mobility, potentially moving to a 3-seed at state over Smackover.
  If Prescott Wins....there will be a conversation to be had over whether or not Prescott belongs in over Smackover. The Buckaroos struggled with bottom-dweller Camden-Harmony Grove, and confidence in them is fading, opening the door for Prescott.

Two Rivers at Danville:
  If Two Rivers Wins....the Gators remain the projected 3-seed, winning a venue that projected 1-seed Charleston needed a buzzer beater to escape with a win.
  If Danville Wins....the Little Johns put themselves in a far better position to enter the field. Much will depend on the outcome of Paris-Lamar, but it is important to note that Danville currently holds the tie-breaker over the Warriors.

Osceola at Rivercrest:
  If Osceola Wins....the state remembers how dangerous the Seminoles can be, and Osceola re-enters the conversation after a lengthy lull.
  If Rivercrest Wins....the Colts further establish their dominance in conference and position themselves for a strong run.

First Round

Valley
                   Mcgehee
Mcgehee
                                             Paris

Paris
                   Paris
Mayflower
                                                                 Cedar Ridge

Cossate
                   Flippin
Flippin

Cedar Ridge

Cedar Ridge
                         Cedar Ridge
Two Rivers
                                                                          ECS

ECS
                ECS
Lamar

ECS

Centerpoint
                         Centerpoint
Marshall

ECS
Charleston
                      Charleston
Marinna Lee

Rivercrest

Rivercrest
                         Rivercrest
Smackover
RiverCrest has a two game lead in conference play with 4 games left, so they will be fine win or lose. ;D 8)

Hootie

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 24, 2015, 08:33:20 pm
It could happen, but I would say it's unlikely. Paris probably has a better opponent than McGehee, but from what I've seen the past couple years I also think Paris is probably a better team than McGehee

You should really stop trying to exaggerate the quality of the 3A-4 so Charleston looks better.

Eagle20

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 26, 2015, 10:06:35 am

Projected Field of 16

First Round Games

McGehee Owls
vs
Valley Springs Tigers

Paris Eagles
vs
Mayflower Eagles

Flippin Bobcats
vs
Cossatot River Eagles

Cedar Ridge Timberwolves
vs
Two Rivers Gators

vs
Lamar Warriors

Centerpoint Knights
vs
Marshall Bobcats

Game 4 (TBA)
Charleston Tigers
vs
Marianna Lee Trojans

Rivercrest Colts
vs
Smackover Buckaroos

Projected Seeding

Region 1
1. Charleston
2. Paris
3. Two Rivers
4. Lamar

Region 2
1. Episcopal Collegiate
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Mayflower
4. Marianna Lee

Region 3
1. Flippin
2. Rivercrest
3. Marshall
4. Valley Springs

Region 4
1. McGehee
2. Centerpoint
3. Smackover
4. Cossatot River

(January 27)

Paris at Lamar:

Two Rivers at Danville:

Osceola at Rivercrest:

First Round

Valley
                   Mcgehee
Mcgehee
                                             Paris

Paris
                   Paris
Mayflower
                                                                 Cedar Ridge

Cossate
                   Flippin
Flippin

Cedar Ridge

Cedar Ridge
                         Cedar Ridge
Two Rivers
                                                                          ECS

ECS
                ECS
Lamar

ECS

Centerpoint
                         Centerpoint
Marshall

ECS
Charleston
                      Charleston
Marinna Lee

Rivercrest

Rivercrest
                         Rivercrest
Smackover
Big man 15 has been doing his homework.  Do u work Bugman?  You have 3A-5 down pat!

BigMan15

Wolfpack68

Timberwolf08

I'm getting excited about tourney time thanks to this thread! I would love to see regional and state finals play out this year in 3A like it did in 2A a couple of years ago, playing two time defending EPC in both reginal and state finals.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on January 27, 2015, 10:14:25 pm
Can Prescott be considered now?😂

Definitely. Where is Prescott in the conference standings now? Even if they're still at 3rd, I have to seriously consider replacing Smackover with them.

HawgBall06

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 27, 2015, 11:32:51 pm

Definitely. Where is Prescott in the conference standings now? Even if they're still at 3rd, I have to seriously consider replacing Smackover with them.

Centerpoint is the 1 seed from the conference and Cossatot River still holds the tie-breaker over Prescott for the 2 seed in the conference. 

crmorrow24

Quote from: HawgBall06 on January 28, 2015, 10:50:40 am

Centerpoint is the 1 seed from the conference and Cossatot River still holds the tie-breaker over Prescott for the 2 seed in the conference.
But if Prescott beats Centerpoint next week, then that will put the Curley Wolves  #2 seed.

HawgBall06

Quote from: crmorrow24 on January 28, 2015, 11:04:23 am
Quote from: HawgBall06 on January 28, 2015, 10:50:40 am

But if Prescott beats Centerpoint next week, then that will put the Curley Wolves  #2 seed.

Yes

#EagleStrong

So, I need some input from the community.

Smackover or Prescott? What do we think at this point?

What do we think about Osceola with the win over Rivercrest and the new addition? Should they be in? Over whom?

Jessieville over Marianna Lee? Keep in mind the common opponent Harding Academy favors Lee.

#EagleStrong

Bracketology Games on the main post have been updated for games on January 29-30.

#EagleStrong

Everybody ok with Lee staying in after beating Cedar Ridge?

neds

WPWells

I might even put them third in that region

@CurryLegion

I think it was a fluke, and I also thing that if Marianna is one of the top 15 teams in 3A then we are WAYYYYY down this year. Marianna is not very good. I have seen them 3 times, and I've seen Cedar Ridge twice, and I don't see any way that Marianna would beat them.

neds

But it happened. So what , if anything, do teams who play CR learn from that? Play more physical?

Wolfpack68

I think Prescott #EagleStrong. But it will depend on three things to convince people. Tuesday, District and of course the first game in Regional.

Eagle20

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 28, 2015, 10:06:20 pm

What do we think about Osceola with the win over Rivercrest and the new addition? Should they be in? Over whom?

Jessieville over Marianna Lee? Keep in mind the common opponent Harding Academy favors Lee.
I thought Jessievulle beat Harding

doubled

Quote from: Eagle20 on January 31, 2015, 03:34:10 pm
Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 28, 2015, 10:06:20 pm

I thought Jessievulle beat Harding
handing beat jessieville and Lee beat HA at Lee by 7 and the reverse happened when Lee went to HA.

#EagleStrong

Ok I think I'm subbing Prescott in for Smackover. I just don't have that much knowledge about that region. The Cossatot win was probably enough. We'll see how they do this Tuesday and reevaluate.

Where does the Lee win put the standings at in that conference? Are they 2nd now ahead of HA?

doubled

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 31, 2015, 03:43:08 pm
Ok I think I'm subbing Prescott in for Smackover. I just don't have that much knowledge about that region. The Cossatot win was probably enough. We'll see how they do this Tuesday and reevaluate.

Where does the Lee win put the standings at in that conference? Are they 2nd now ahead of HA?
CR, Lee,  HA and Rosebud in that order with 2 games left.

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: Longfellow on January 25, 2015, 05:55:12 pm
Fans really hostile on occasion
Haha!! Ok.. As a Lamar Warrior and Lady Warrior Fan I will take that as a somewhat compliment.. Yes Lamar Fans get behind their teams.. and its loud real loud and But only do to every fan in the building on their feet cheering..to fuel our teams. do yall not do that for your teams??? guess not!! But the fans are not playing the game!! Lamar Warriors shot lights out and hands crashed the boards to out rebound the tigers!! Tigers had turnovers And total frustration. I'm sorry but charleston you are a good team but not the pwerhouse you once were a year ago. Lamar ran with you at tiger stadium and led at times. The warriors could not get those crucial shots in the final minutes to fall. And would like to say hats off to Lamar fans for filling the tiger  stadium with orange. I do believe by the time the boys game started lamar had the most fans in the stadium. Lamar Boys are just now on their way up from a rough start.. The game at Danville that went into a overtime was where Lamar found their chemistry and its been on the rise ever since. Lamar is being over looked and IMO thinks its a good thing. But as far as the home cooking... Please!! Paris Eagles gym Holds that Honor hands down.  What about the girls bracket got one? Btw you pretty close on your predictions.
GO WARRIORS & LADY WARRIORS!! And you can count on a orange and black attack from the stands at state if either of these teams show up!! Good luck to all the teams who have a shot at showing up in the state playoffs!!

#EagleStrong

Quote from: voodoo fastpitch on January 31, 2015, 10:05:07 pm
Haha!! Ok.. As a Lamar Warrior and Lady Warrior Fan I will take that as a somewhat compliment.. Yes Lamar Fans get behind their teams.. and its loud real loud and But only do to every fan in the building on their feet cheering..to fuel our teams. do yall not do that for your teams??? guess not!! But the fans are not playing the game!! Lamar Warriors shot lights out and hands crashed the boards to out rebound the tigers!! Tigers had turnovers And total frustration. I'm sorry but charleston you are a good team but not the pwerhouse you once were a year ago. Lamar ran with you at tiger stadium and led at times. The warriors could not get those crucial shots in the final minutes to fall. And would like to say hats off to Lamar fans for filling the tiger  stadium with orange. I do believe by the time the boys game started lamar had the most fans in the stadium. Lamar Boys are just now on their way up from a rough start.. The game at Danville that went into a overtime was where Lamar found their chemistry and its been on the rise ever since. Lamar is being over looked and IMO thinks its a good thing. But as far as the home cooking... Please!! Paris Eagles gym Holds that Honor hands down.  What about the girls bracket got one? Btw you pretty close on your predictions.
GO WARRIORS & LADY WARRIORS!! And you can count on a orange and black attack from the stands at state if either of these teams show up!! Good luck to all the teams who have a shot at showing up in the state playoffs!!

You're delusional if you think Paris has more home cooking. I played against both Paris and Lamar in high school, and Lamar was always the tougher court by far in those terms. I've already addressed in another thread that in the game at Paris, Lamar had the advantage in the foul count by 4. Can't speak to the girls game though, that one might have been strongly in favor of the Lady Eagles. And personally, I think very highly of Lamar. Very interested in that Mayflower game. If they hadn't dropped those earlier games against Danville and Two Rivers, they'd be in a very good position right now. As it stands now, Two Rivers has a two-game lead and the tie-breaker on Lamar for third place. Charleston and Paris would both have the tie-breaker on Lamar if it came to that. However, TR still has Charleston, Paris, and Lamar all coming to town. That could go any way. You'd much rather draw Atkins than Danville at district, I can tell you, although I think both Paris and Two Rivers would tell you that Atkins is at least improving. Not enough to be that dangerous, but definitely improving. It's going to be fun to see how this district plays out.

Here's my prediction for the girls: I think in general, Lamar is better. They're certainly more balanced and a better shooting team. However, with district being at Paris, I think the Lady Eagles win the district title. That's bad for Lamar at regionals since it would pit the Lady Warriors against Greenland in the semifinals. Paris would likely play West Fork. Not sure how that would go. If Paris were to lose, I'd take Lamar in the third place game. Fourth place will probably play Perryville at state in the first round. Third place would likely see Harding Academy, and second would draw Jessieville or someone like that. Perryville would probably beat either Lamar or Paris right now. Harding Academy would be very difficult for them too. Jessieville is talented but beatable.

As far as a bracket, I don't have the knowledge of where the girls teams around the state stand right now. I know that Greenland and Valley Springs are the prohibitive favorites right now. Perryville, Harding Academy, and I think Jessieville will be the favorites in their region. Valley Springs and Bergman should be the favorites in their region. I don't know much beyond that. Much like in boys, I know very little about 3A-7 and 3A-8. At least in boys I know that Centerpoint, Prescott, Cossatot River, McGehee, and Smackover are all good. In girls I've got basically nothing, so I can't project that region.

bb1996

I think smackover is in.... Anytime u have a 6 ft 5 inch division 1 player gives u a heck of a shot...

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 31, 2015, 10:50:42 pm
Quote from: voodoo fastpitch on January 31, 2015, 10:05:07 pm

You're delusional if you think Paris has more home cooking. I played against both Paris and Lamar in high school, and Lamar was always the tougher court by far in those terms. I've already addressed in another thread that in the game at Paris, Lamar had the advantage in the foul count by 4. Can't speak to the girls game though, that one might have been strongly in favor of the Lady Eagles. And personally, I think very highly of Lamar. Very interested in that Mayflower game. If they hadn't dropped those earlier games against Danville and Two Rivers, they'd be in a very good position right now. As it stands now, Two Rivers has a two-game lead and the tie-breaker on Lamar for third place. Charleston and Paris would both have the tie-breaker on Lamar if it came to that. However, TR still has Charleston, Paris, and Lamar all coming to town. That could go any way. You'd much rather draw Atkins than Danville at district, I can tell you, although I think both Paris and Two Rivers would tell you that Atkins is at least improving. Not enough to be that dangerous, but definitely improving. It's going to be fun to see how this district plays out.

Here's my prediction for the girls: I think in general, Lamar is better. They're certainly more balanced and a better shooting team. However, with district being at Paris, I think the Lady Eagles win the district title. That's bad for Lamar at regionals since it would pit the Lady Warriors against Greenland in the semifinals. Paris would likely play West Fork. Not sure how that would go. If Paris were to lose, I'd take Lamar in the third place game. Fourth place will probably play Perryville at state in the first round. Third place would likely see Harding Academy, and second would draw Jessieville or someone like that. Perryville would probably beat either Lamar or Paris right now. Harding Academy would be very difficult for them too. Jessieville is talented but beatable.

As far as a bracket, I don't have the knowledge of where the girls teams around the state stand right now. I know that Greenland and Valley Springs are the prohibitive favorites right now. Perryville, Harding Academy, and I think Jessieville will be the favorites in their region. Valley Springs and Bergman should be the favorites in their region. I don't know much beyond that. Much like in boys, I know very little about 3A-7 and 3A-8. At least in boys I know that Centerpoint, Prescott, Cossatot River, McGehee, and Smackover are all good. In girls I've got basically nothing, so I can't project that region.
Hahaha!! Note* Lamar lady warriors are the Better team you said than Paris but since Paris has district pairs wins!! Guess you can call me delusional!! Perryville is good know them well.. Don't think they will run with Lamar if the meet. No bench 3 out with blown knees. It will be interesting. Valley from what I have seen has 2 good players. Also no depth. Speed. It's gonna be the team with the mental edge and smart ball playing in our Dist and regional to advance on as well as smart coaching. If the calls are consistant and goes both ways Lamar wins Dist. Hands down!!

@CurryLegion

Quote from: bb1996 on February 01, 2015, 10:41:55 am
I think smackover is in.... Anytime u have a 6 ft 5 inch division 1 player gives u a heck of a shot...
Who is this kid? Give me some info on him. Where is he going? What's his strengths?

Radiotalker

what D1 school has he committed to?

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 01, 2015, 11:08:48 am

I kinda figured someone would show up down there in the boys side.. It's all Paris and charleston talk. Hope u get to see some of that action smackover.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: voodoo fastpitch on February 01, 2015, 11:26:31 am

I kinda figured someone would show up down there in the boys side.. It's all Paris and charleston talk. Hope u get to see some of that action smackover.

I can't help it if no one discusses their team on here other than Paris and Charleston. I've asked multiple times for community input. Smackover/Prescott is the toughest call for me right now. Lee solidified themselves to me. At least for now. And if Lamar beats TR I'll bump them to a three seed.

And the Smackover kid is a D1 football recruit, right?

neds

When the time is appropriate I will discuss Episcopal.
I won't just jump in here and brag on them , etc.
I do think the 3A 5 will hold up well in post season play.
Tough conference with its share of good athletes and strong coaches (ECS, BHG and Jessieville)

jr17

Wolfpack68

Well when you return 5 starters, you have a pretty good chance to.

neds

Quote from: jr17 on February 01, 2015, 03:02:22 pm
Neds, you ready for Tuesday night?

I am , but my hamstring is still sore

jr17

I guess I missed it. What happened buddy?

neds

Racing to the concession going for the last chicken sandwich last week.
Should have stretched . .

Wolfpack68

It happens to the best of us neds. It happens to the best of us.

jr17

neds

Wolfpack68

You should have just made it like the Subway pastrami commercial and fought over it. But it wouldn't be pastrami, it would be a chicken sandwich.

jr17

cdelaney

Quote from: #EagleStrong on February 01, 2015, 01:08:09 pm
Quote from: voodoo fastpitch on February 01, 2015, 11:26:31 am

I can't help it if no one discusses their team on here other than Paris and Charleston. I've asked multiple times for community input. Smackover/Prescott is the toughest call for me right now. Lee solidified themselves to me. At least for now. And if Lamar beats TR I'll bump them to a three seed.

And the Smackover kid is a D1 football recruit, right?
OK, I'll jump in on 3A-5. I don't exactly agree with Smallybells about ECS having it all wrapped up, and I certainly don't think Coach Marsh will let his players think that way. I do think if they play their game, they should win out. But an injury or two, or a very cold shooting night, or just one of those off nights in general that most teams have every so often, and they could lose. I honestly do not expect them to lose, but they could. (And I am talking about losing a game that would end their season early, so 1st round of Regionals, or any game in State- if they lose to Mayflower, or AR Baptist, or in District, no big deal)
The rest of 3A-5: Mayflower with Perry back is the 2nd best team, and I will not be surprised if they give ECS a tough game tomorrow or in District or Regionals. I expect them to be 2nd seed in Regionals and to win at least a game or two in State, maybe more. Not only do you get his offensive production and good defense, but he frees up their other main offensive weapons, mainly Long and Duncan.
Although Jessieville will probably be seeded above BHG in District, I am not sure there is much difference between them, and in fact probably would give a slight edge to BHG if Wilks is healthy. I think whichever ends up 4th seed from District going into Regionals will have a tough time vs CR, but I would not overlook them either. Again, assuming Wilks is healthy.
I don't know enough about Marianna Lee or HA to know if BHG or Jessieville will make it to State out of region 2.
But if I had to make a prediction of who will come out of Region 2, I would put ECS and Mayflower as locks, CR as probable, and Jessieville or Marianna as the 4th. The only reason I excluded BHG is that they will probably play CR in Round 1.
One interesting possibility- Most likely ECS will face BHG in the semi's at District, which is at BHG. What if BHG pulls off the upset- that puts them playing the 4 seed from 3A-2 and probably punches their ticket to State.

smallybells

jr17

I'll be making my rush for the Chick-fil-A tonight. Getting my stretching done.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas