• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best team not to win state ever?

Started by Backboard Shattered, May 01, 2016, 09:41:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Backboard Shattered

Central Ark

Backboard Shattered

Where did Bradley lose they're last game?

PuddlePirate12

Stephens 2012-13 was pretty good. Had some really great players but no coach

Basketballfan13

Bradley was undefeated going into state and lost first rd to hill rest.

Silky Johnson

the '10-11 and '12-13 Stephens teams that couldn't get past Bay.  ;D The '08-09 and '09-10 teams from Bradley are there as well.

Backboard Shattered

Where was state at the year Bradley lost?

Silky Johnson

First one was at WSGF against guy and the next year Hillcrest at home

Backboard Shattered

I was sitting front row at the nest!

Backboard Shattered

WPWells

Backboard Shattered

A year younger but still had Boss at the helm.  Just a game didn't go our way.  Hurd many people say we were awesume.  82 Posse 4 eva

BigLion10

The 82 crew got hosed out of the state title

not so slim shady

Real deal

Oldref

1970 (I think) Tuckerman Bulldogs. Were 36-1--- won NEA that year before the format changed. NEA had class B division and A-AA-AAA division all played together in those days.

Lost first game in state that year at Barton. One of the best HS teams I ever saw.... had the 3 Person brothers who could all play.

Silky Johnson

Who'd they lose to?

Any of the Bay teams 1990-1993. Bay team from maybe 97 and I know they made the finals in 98.

Real deal

Quote from: Silky Johnson on May 10, 2016, 10:22:31 am
Who'd they lose to?

Any of the Bay teams 1990-1993. Bay team from maybe 97 and I know they made the finals in 98.

Bay 1991 lost to Delta in State Finals
Bay 1992 lost to BIC in State Finals
Bay 1993 had core back from both of those squads were by far the best team in Class A (AA now) and got upset in regional semis by Manila. Bay 98 was good but not as good as any of these 3.

Real deal

94 Earle was also a beast, lost to Bradley in state finals, watched entire state tourney that year, that Earle team was as good as any Earle team I have seen but Bradley shot about 70% at Barton and beat them.

Oldref

Quote from: Silky Johnson on May 10, 2016, 10:22:31 am
Who'd they lose to?

Not really sure Silky I was a sophomore that year and played in that state tournament also but it was a long time ago. Seems like it might have been Charleston but not sure. It was class A tournament. I do remember seeing a Tuckerman player pounding the floor at midcourt when the game was over. Sounded like drums beating in that ole barn.

Those early 90's Bay teams were good......so was the confenence they played in. BIC won state twice during that span and Manila was also good. Bay, BIC and Manila tied for the conference championship in 91 had to  have a playoff to decide the seedings in the district.

Silky Johnson

70%  :o if anyone does that in the state finals they'll be ordering rings. I bet Bradley wishes they would've shot just half as good as they did that night when they played County Line in the 1st round of state this year. That was hard to watch.

Backboard Shattered

Oldref

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on July 11, 2016, 05:23:03 pm
1982 Eagle Crew eeeeoooowwwww

How about a real history lesson on the Eagle Crew BS. I have read how according to you and others they are legendary but did they really win a state tournament championship? Give us that don't know or remember some facts on really what all they did. And what is this mythical figure called Boss real name? I am not from that neck of the woods and somehow don't remember the dynasty of the eagle crew. Thanks!!

WPWells

82 squad didn't but 83 crew did. You better watch out for the Boss coming and smacking you across the face to let you know who he is. Boss best ever

Oldref

Quote from: Fred Bird on July 11, 2016, 09:30:35 pm
82 squad didn't but Pink Floyd did. You better watch out for the Boss coming and smacking you across the face to let you know who he is. Boss best ever
LOL at least give me a description of what he looks like so I can be watching out for him:-) And how did he get the title of best ever? I mean I never heard of the guy and I thought I had been keeping up for at least the last 50 years. Now if you said Morgan Gilbert is best ever that would mean something because he has won over 1000 plus games in Baseball and another 1000 plus games in Basketball. When it comes to this boss person seems like a ghost to me. I ant afraid of no ghost:-)

BigLion10

The boss is about 6'7" 275 solid muscle better watch out

Oldref

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 11, 2016, 09:44:57 pm
The boss is about 6'7" 275 solid muscle better watch out
No problem Roy D Mercer is my personal body guard!!

BigLion10

I'm the boss personal body guard so bring him on

Oldref

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 11, 2016, 09:52:27 pm
I'm the boss personal body guard so bring him on
Well how big an ole boy are you?

BigLion10

WPWells

Oldref

BigLion10

WPWells

Oldref

Quote from: BigLion10 linopic=147119.msg3349358#msg3349358 date=1468351298
You're not worthy of my presence
That's ok....... it doesn't matter to me what you guys think.

Head Lion

Quote from: Real deal on May 10, 2016, 10:27:13 am
Bay 1991 lost to Delta in State Finals
Bay 1992 lost to BIC in State Finals
Bay 1993 had core back from both of those squads were by far the best team in Class A (AA now) and got upset in regional semis by Manila. Bay 98 was good but not as good as any of these 3.
That is one Lion win I would almost give back, because we paved the road for BIC. We shot 72% from the field that night against Bay and 11-14 from 3pt. We just couldnt miss and Bay had beaten us & BIC like a drum all year.

Oldref

July 12, 2016, 07:33:28 pm #36 Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:12:16 pm by Oldref
Quote from: Head Lion on July 12, 2016, 07:00:02 pm
That is one Lion win I would almost give back, because we paved the road for BIC. We shot 72% from the field that night against Bay and 11-14 from 3pt. We just couldnt miss and Bay had beaten us & BIC like a drum all year.

HL that road was definitely not paved just because Bay lost. Bay had a great team but BIC went on and beat Altheimer, Bradley and an undefeated Cutter Morning Star in the finals in Double OT. Out of all the teams I saw that year Altheimer had the most talent/size and had 10 players that could all play. Don't get me wrong Bay had a great team and Manila beating them was a huge upset but it was no cakewalk just because Bay was out. It helped BIC that the state was played in Marmaduke except for finals at Barton. I think Foreman beat Manila in first round of state. Bradley had a 7 foot center and won it the next year. That tournament was loaded with great teams in 1993. BIC just knew how to win and finish games.

BrianfromCarlisle

Has to be an Humphrey or Wabbaseka in there somewhere. They had some squads in 80s and 90s

BigLion10

Oldref

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle link=topic= . They had some squads in 80s and 90s
/quote]

Wabbaseka was the home of Ernie Murray wasn't it?  Lots of good players in that part of the state. So many good basketball schools have vanished.

Backboard Shattered

83 posse I just sinulted all the teams ever and 82 posse from WSGF winned.  Then it gave me a bonus it saided 83posse best ever hands down

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas