• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turf has been approved for Lumberjack Stadium.

Started by Superjack45, January 12, 2016, 10:48:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

LJ06

First home game isn't until week 3 against Chapel so they have plenty of time.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on April 01, 2016, 07:51:24 am

I'm honestly shocked that it is going to happen THIS upcoming football season.

Superjack45

Quote from: AirWarren on April 01, 2016, 07:55:48 am
I'm honestly shocked that it is going to happen THIS upcoming football season.
I am not shocked at all this little town of Warren love their Friday nights I knew it was coming.

Romeo

Orange endzone with the Warren W in the middle. Looks nice.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on April 01, 2016, 09:45:41 am

I think so too. I didn't realize they were doing the track as well.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Romeo on April 01, 2016, 09:45:41 am
Yeah, orange instead of black to cut down on the heat. Wish like several others that it would be checkered

AirWarren

Romeo

This turf is just going to make Warren even more tougher to play at home.

HeberFan

Quote from: Romeo on April 01, 2016, 07:27:04 pm
This turf is just going to make Warren even more tougher to play at home.

I think just the opposite. So many teams now have turf, that playing on grass was an advantage for Warren. Even harder to beat the homestanding Jacks on a surface on which they are most familiar.

Romeo

Quote from: HeberFan on April 01, 2016, 10:50:10 pm
I think just the opposite. So many teams now have turf, that playing on grass was an advantage for Warren. Even harder to beat the homestanding Jacks on a surface on which they are most familiar.
'

Monticello is currently the only team in our conference with turf and I believe about 14 of the 48 schools in 4A have turf. But my point was turf has been more of an advantage to Warren with our team speed and receivers.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

We kept our grass cut so that it was tight and we could be fast on it. Other schools didn't and sometimes it slowed us down. The biggest problem with short grass is that it turns to mud real quick on a rainy night. So that slows both teams down as the game progresses.

cuckoobird

beach bum

April 08, 2016, 12:16:33 pm #164 Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 12:20:11 pm by beach bum
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on April 02, 2016, 05:42:49 pm
We kept our grass cut so that it was tight and we could be fast on it. Other schools didn't and sometimes it slowed us down. The biggest problem with short grass is that it turns to mud real quick on a rainy night. So that slows both teams down as the game progresses.

I cut the grass on the lowest setting in my yard so the summer heat burns it up and kills the grass.... then I don't have to mow as much   8) I am also extremely fast warming up before I go jogging on the short and dead grass. That may change when I finally decide to get married one day. I don't think any of you guys old ladies' would like to much if you pulled my technique mowing!

GuvHog

Quote from: LJ06 on April 01, 2016, 07:51:24 am

If T can work things out I just may try to come to that game.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

If weather permits, I think they can get the field ready to play in two to two and a half months. Monticello's took 3ish months but they had a lot of leveling and concrete work that had to be done.

Jacks990

Heard that Lassiter went a a visit to OBU today. Has Daniels went anywhere to visit yet?

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: beach bum on April 08, 2016, 12:16:33 pm
I cut the grass on the lowest setting in my yard so the summer heat burns it up and kills the grass.... then I don't have to mow as much   8) I am also extremely fast warming up before I go jogging on the short and dead grass. That may change when I finally decide to get married one day. I don't think any of you guys old ladies' would like to much if you pulled my technique mowing!
i always cut my grass to the lowest setting,if I'm gonna mow I want to be able to tell its been mowed

AirWarren

April 18, 2016, 05:44:23 pm #169 Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:47:08 pm by AirWarren
Not me. I usually cut at about 3.5 inch level. Bag the shavings, diagonal lines. Looks like a soccer field/golf course.

At our other house, my yard was immaculate. Thick grass. Green. Our new home wasn't taken care of by the previous owners. But a little tlc and our sprinkler system should get it right in a year or two. Problem is I have a huge hardwood tree in the yard that has some roots that take away all my grasses water. Not to mention my yard is sloped.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

As many rules and regulations that AAA has, it would seem that there would be a minimum grass depth to help avoid injuries. But that might mean getting out of the office and working in the elements for a few days.
We could kick field goals without tees when we played home games, tees would actually disappear at Dumas and Dewitt.

AirWarren

So, is there any new update on the actual turf and when they are starting construction?

Jack1990

I was contacted this week about the design for our Legacy Field Logo, so I assume everything is moving ahead as planned and on schedule.  Bids were opened at the last school board meeting, haven't heard anything about the results of that.  Hopefully someone with more info than I can enlighten us some.

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on April 19, 2016, 12:48:53 pm
I was contacted this week about the design for our Legacy Field Logo, so I assume everything is moving ahead as planned and on schedule.  Bids were opened at the last school board meeting, haven't heard anything about the results of that.  Hopefully someone with more info than I can enlighten us some.

Do you think a new scoreboard or any other field upgrades will be done?

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on April 19, 2016, 12:57:26 pm
Do you think a new scoreboard or any other field upgrades will be done?

I'm naturally pushing for a new scoreboard and PA system(kind of have a vested interest there LOL), but haven't gotten any confirmation on any of that.  I've been contacting Warren Bank hoping to get them for the scoreboard since they are the sponsor of the curent one.  Do know a track resurface is in the plan.

Romeo

AirWarren

After one of the "glass" windows fell out of the press box a couple of years ago, I would say that it was well past time to get those windows fixed haha

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on April 19, 2016, 01:47:19 pm
JHJ Stadium at Jarius Wright Field.

No.

Jim Hurley Jr Stadium at United States Postal Service Field.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Thought the scoreboard was in the bid already...

Jack1990

It may be KASH...hadn't heard that. I hope you're right! All that pretty turf with that 30 year old scoreboard just wouldn't look right! Lol

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on April 19, 2016, 05:10:05 pm
Thought the scoreboard was in the bid already...

That would be awesome.

The stadium is in need of some upgrades along with the turf. If those upgrades happen, we already have(don't ask the folks from Arkadelphia) one of the best facilities in the state. These upgrades will put us up there in the top 5 for sure.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on April 20, 2016, 11:01:23 am
That would be awesome.

The stadium is in need of some upgrades along with the turf. If those upgrades happen, we already have(don't ask the folks from Arkadelphia) one of the best facilities in the state. These upgrades will put us up there in the top 5 for sure.

To be fair I'm sure the outcome did not help their opinion on things. Guess you could say we soured them a bit ;D

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on April 20, 2016, 11:37:22 am
To be fair I'm sure the outcome did not help their opinion on things. Guess you could say we soured them a bit ;D

What a night, haha. Cold...but fun.

AirWarren

Superjack45

So happy it's about to ge started again can't wait.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

scrapdawgof06

Nashville has raised $500,000 and another $175,000 in pledges, also on tap is a new visitor stand set up to accommodate up to 1,088 people... Here's hoping the money is accrued for the field and the stand construction goes off without a hitch...

scrapdawgof06

On another note, has construction started on y'alls field yet?

Romeo

Not yet. Construction has been projected to start later this month.

AirWarren

Drove by the soccer complex today. Concession looks good.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

It's supposed to start a few days after the graduation ceremony

KASH dba The Lumberjack

The irrigation system has been dismantled, the new drainage system is scheduled to begin on Monday.

AirWarren

LJ06

May 13, 2016, 10:10:34 am #193 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:59:02 pm by LJ06
Cant wait to see the new turf!

Superjack45

As Austin Powers would say Yeah Baby Yeaaah! Can't wait for this news to hit,people are going to go crazy lol! My lips are sealed😉😉😉.

~WPS~

Quote from: LJ06 on May 13, 2016, 10:10:34 am
Big news beginning on the field with the turf and big news off the field coming soon  ;)

Firebo.com

Superjack45

AirWarren

STUNNA

I have a tiny guess about the news...lol... but im prolly wrong...haha

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: ~WPS~ on May 13, 2016, 11:50:30 am
Firebo.com
Bo is taking the job in Fayetteville...

All the yard line marker have been pulled. No more wavy lines because of the huge crown in the middle of the field

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas