• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Info on Fayetteville vs Bentonville game (Friday 1/29)

Started by Brian G, January 24, 2016, 05:24:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

This game is expected to be a sellout.  I would not be surprised if we are full by 5:15.  The anticipation for the game is off the charts.

School ends at 3:45.
Doors open about then.
There are JV games at 4:30. Varsity girls at 6:00 and then Varsity boys at 7:30.
Other than the area behind the FHS home bench, seats are first come first served.  If you are "neutral" please try to sit on the south side which is the one opp from the bench's.

Parking is the nightmare and I've discussed it on here before. 
Some pointers:

Don't even try to park on the MLK/6th st side.  It will be chaos.

New lots on west side is open and the street on that side has some spots.

DO NOT PARK ALONG THE STREET on the side of the Lady Back Soccer field. The UA owns and will tow.

Your best bet is to just park on the north side(football field side) of FHS and walk through the newly opened passage way between buildings to the gym.

You will enter on the "top" part of the gym.

There will be plenty of concessions and the weather is not in play.

If you make it there, I hope you enjoy the games.

B.G.

WPWells

What are you going to do for a poor college kid who's walking down to this game?

Brian G

The UA Lot 54 is open after 5:00.

For those that don't know, it's just west of FHS gym behind Lady Back Soccer field and can be entered from MLK/6th St.

Brian G

Game time nears.

If you come and feel so inclined, come intro yourself to me.  I'll be all over the place.  I'll be wearing purple, sporting a full head of white hair and likely close to a Dr Pepper in a big red cup.

Hope your all enjoy the atmosphere and the game.

HorseFeathers

pridgehog

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 24, 2016, 06:01:09 pm
What are you going to do for a poor college kid who's walking down to this game?
Are you walking all the way from ASU's Campus? :P

WPWells

HorseFeathers

WPWells

HorseFeathers

ricepig

B.G., I'll take some Loge seating, does it include beverage service?

WPWells

BG can you bring me a Dr. Pepper and some Oreos please?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 29, 2016, 05:23:14 pm
BG can you bring me a Dr. Pepper and some Oreos please?

Me too....I'm not to far from ole fred

WPWells

HorseFeathers

WPWells

I see BG and he looks too involved in the game to bring me Oreos

HorseFeathers

WPWells

HorseFeathers

BG.....you could have mentioned all the stairs in that breezeway....that would of been nice..

Anyway...great atmosphere, great gym..and a good game...it was well worth my two hour drive up to see a good team beat a good player..

Sect103

What a fun night. FHS pulls out another win over BHS. One loss in Fayetteville to them since 1992. 

RedDevils4life

Bentonville is 1-4 vs. Fayetteville since Monk has been there. They can't seem to beat the Bulldogs. It was a good game, I wanted to see more out of the Robinson kid from Bentonville. He had some times where he made some plays. I did not like how Fayetteville use number 21, that kid is tough.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: RedDevils4life on January 30, 2016, 09:42:34 am
Bentonville is 1-4 vs. Fayetteville since Monk has been there. They can't seem to beat the Bulldogs. It was a good game, I wanted to see more out of the Robinson kid from Bentonville. He had some times where he made some plays. I did not like how Fayetteville use number 21, that kid is tough.
Bentonville wouldn't even be a competitive team without Monk.  See Southside thrashing them earlier in the year without him.  Northside had them under control when Monk was playing one-handed until the supporting cast hit some bombs they wouldn't hit 1 out of 30 times.  It's not a surprise when a team like Fayetteville handles them even with Monk.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 02, 2016, 12:12:51 pm
Bentonville wouldn't even be a competitive team without Monk.  See Southside thrashing them earlier in the year without him.  Northside had them under control when Monk was playing one-handed until the supporting cast hit some bombs they wouldn't hit 1 out of 30 times.  It's not a surprise when a team like Fayetteville handles them even with Monk.

I had the same thought after watching thebfayetteville game...

Razorback Red

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 02, 2016, 12:12:51 pm

I agree that they wouldn't win many without Monk, but thrash is a strong word for the SS game that ended on a last second shot. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas