• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monk commits to Kentucky

Started by Maclin on your girl, November 18, 2015, 10:29:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gameoflife

I think you are overestimating the UA roster.

BrianfromCarlisle

Yellowcake

He used and abused the system. Not going to fault him for making a decision he thinks is best for him. Just the way he went about it. Adios amigo. Don't expect a red carpet return, although I doubt he  cares.

gameoflife

And how did he abuse the system?  He followed the rules didn't he?  He then choose the best place to play at the next level.  Did he owe Arkansas something I am not seeing?

WPWells

I guess you think that his family paid for their move to Bentonville

chickasaw fan

Fred Bird, u shouldn't make statements like that without facts and proof. Them are very serious allegations.

ricepig

Quote from: gameoflife on December 22, 2015, 12:03:55 pm
And how did he abuse the system?  He followed the rules didn't he?  He then choose the best place to play at the next level.  Did he owe Arkansas something I am not seeing?

No, Malik owed nothing, I can't say that about others.

WPWells

Then I guess he and his mom just got it in his head one day to up and move clear across the state?

gameoflife

Some folks do.   Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there is recriting at high schools, but it is hard to prove.   Heck, how do you think private schools get students in the first place.????  But proof is another issue.   Besides, let's say someone paid his way, well that person was violating the rules, he can hardly expect loyalty.

Silky Johnson

Obviously private schools do and can recruit, they're in a city with 1 or more public schools. Fred Bird is right though I know a few people around it and they didn't just pack up one day and decide to move to Bentonville.

gameoflife

Jacketman65

Quote from: Silky Johnson on December 22, 2015, 03:50:19 pm
Obviously private schools do and can recruit, they're in a city with 1 or more public schools. Fred Bird is right though I know a few people around it and they didn't just pack up one day and decide to move to Bentonville.
So, you saying that it is not ONLY the private schools that recruit?

gameoflife

I know people who know people who know people that have all the evidence on most schools in arkansas recruiting.

pioneers

Quote from: gameoflife on December 24, 2015, 12:03:37 pm
I know people who know people who know people that have all the evidence on most schools in arkansas recruiting.
Sounds like a very reliable source.

Moonshiner

Quote from: gameoflife on December 24, 2015, 12:03:37 pm

Surely this is sarcasm.

Moonshiner

Quote from: gameoflife on December 25, 2015, 12:10:10 pm
I know!

You know it's sarcasm, or you know that most schools recruit?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Fred Bird on December 22, 2015, 12:48:02 pm
Then I guess he and his mom just got it in his head one day to up and move clear across the state?
So who paid for his move? Bentonville or U of A? Either way the school would be to blame. Maybe the UofA should be investigated...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 31, 2015, 04:48:18 pm
So who paid for his move? Bentonville or U of A? Either way the school would be to blame. Maybe the UofA should be investigated...

If UofA is cheating, then the guy in charge of that needs to be fired

Ctucker

I'm pretty sure UofA is not cheating, you have seen us play.If we're cheating we are terrible at it.

bdubyab60

Quote from: HF on December 31, 2015, 10:27:14 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 31, 2015, 04:48:18 pm

If UofA is cheating, then the guy in charge of that needs to be fired
Aint that the truth

bdubyab60

Quote from: ricepig on December 22, 2015, 12:39:26 pm
Quote from: gameoflife on December 22, 2015, 12:03:55 pm

No, Malik owed nothing, I can't say that about others.
This is too

ISU7

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2015, 10:25:36 am
Quote from: ISU7 on December 20, 2015, 07:22:46 am
Arkansas lost to Mercer @ home last night. :o  Monk chose the right team.. :-X 8)

Game was in NLR, who did ISU lose to at home?
Last time I checked NLR. was still in Arkansas. Also Iowa State may have lost at home but when #18 ranked Arkansas came to Ames last season to play #20 Iowa State. ISU Skull dragged them 95-77 so I know for sure they didn't lose that one at home. Ha!  😄

ISU7

Quote from: Yellowcake on December 21, 2015, 11:14:02 pm
He used and abused the system. Not going to fault him for making a decision he thinks is best for him. Just the way he went about it. Adios amigo. Don't expect a red carpet return, although I doubt he  cares.
Bentonville recruited Monk, Monk didn't need Bentonville to get where he was going.  :o

Brian G

Quote from: ISU7 on January 02, 2016, 10:13:44 am
Quote from: Yellowcake on December 21, 2015, 11:14:02 pm
Bentonville recruited Monk, Monk didn't need Bentonville to get where he was going.  :o
Ending this here.

"Bentonville" did not recruit Monk.

ricepig

Quote from: ISU7 on January 02, 2016, 10:10:26 am
Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2015, 10:25:36 am
Quote from: ISU7 on December 20, 2015, 07:22:46 am
Arkansas lost to Mercer @ home last night. :o  Monk chose the right team.. :-X 8)

Game was in NLR, who did ISU lose to at home?
Last time I checked NLR. was still in Arkansas. Also Iowa State may have lost at home but when #18 ranked Arkansas came to Ames last season to play #20 Iowa State. ISU Skull dragged them 95-77 so I know for sure they didn't lose that one at home. Ha!  😄

How about Northern Iowa??

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas