• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A/6A East Conference

Started by Cabotred, November 03, 2015, 10:09:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabotred

Last years finished like this:

1. Jonesboro
2. NLR
3. Mt. Home
4. W Memphis
5. Marion
6. Cabot
7. Central
8. Searcy

My predictions for 15/16

1. Jonesboro
2. NLR
3. - 8. Is up for grabs

In recent future JB and NLR have been powerhouses, I don't see that changing. After that I believe it is wide open.

I believe Cabot will be much improved.  Should have the skill, size and experience to compete at higher level than we have in the past.  We have a tough noncoference schedule compared to what we have played in past. Catholic, Conway, FSSS,  Springdale,  The Cabot pre Holiday classic, Van Buren, Fville,  and Pine Bluff Classic(I hope we get to pay PB)  This should better prepares us for conference play.

Cabot only had one Sr on team last year, so we a lot of experience coming back.  H Southerland 6'3", J. Dixon 6'6", and G. Rowe(injuried currently) 6'3", are Sr this year and have started and played major minutes since their Sophmore year.  B. Duncan 5'10" and L Gilbertson 6'4" (both started) will be Jrs and matured and contributed nicely last year.  J. Barnes a 6'0" jr will join team when football is over.  If you have seen him on the football field , he is just as exciting on the  basketball court. M Stanely a 6'8" Jr transfer from Vilonia is doing very well and should add a lot to the team.  My understanding is that a 3-4 Sr that have not played much in past have steped up and will provide much needed support to the team. I don't know much about the Sophmore except they have a couple of good ball handlers and three point shooters. Looking forward to watching them progress.  Cabot is not known as a basketball school but this should be one of the better teams that they have had.

Please post some information about your team and how you think they will do this year and prediction about the conference.

rammer

Wes Swift said back in the Summer to watch out for Cabot this year. After watching them for 3 games he may be right. They have beaten LR Catholic by 30, FS Southside by  34, and Conway by 8. The addition of Stanley (he scored 28 against Conway) seems to be a great addition. Duncan looks to be improved and is doing a good job at pg and Southerland is doing what he has been doing the past 2 years. Rowe, Dixon, and Barnes have not even started playing yet. That being said I think Jonesboro is easily the best team in the conference and NLR still probably #2, but I will put Cabot at a solid #3 and could possibly challenge NLR for the #2 position.

Redwolves8526

Jonesboro will be loaded with talent. Pine Bluff will be good as well. I don't know how good NLR will be since Allen and Hill are gone, but im sure they will re-load with younger talent. This conference always produces some talented teams! Can't wait for conference play

WMWRECKINGCREW

The WM classic will give you a look at some of the teams Friday. Pine bluff vs Marion,  WM vs Blyeville,  Earle vs West Helena and  Wynne vs Osceola. Good line up

zebrafan

Quote from: WMWRECKINGCREW on December 02, 2015, 06:27:45 am
The WM classic will give you a look at some of the teams Friday. Pine bluff vs Marion,  WM vs Blyeville,  Earle vs West Helena and  Wynne vs Osceola. Good line up
Nice, hope to make it up Friday, how is Marion this year? As well as WM?

WMWRECKINGCREW

Marion is a very talented team. If they can raise there defense level a notch or two they can make a run. Very balance, good shooters, great athletes. Need to be a little more agressive but still stick to team play.

WM struggle early with a lot of new people. But Coach seem to found a line up that can compete.Put some young guys out there.  They lost a lot of kids to other programs but the Staff will coach them up.

Want to see both compete against PB this weekend so I can judge where they all are at. 

zebrafan

Quote from: WMWRECKINGCREW on December 03, 2015, 06:52:00 am
Marion is a very talented team. If they can raise there defense level a notch or two they can make a run. Very balance, good shooters, great athletes. Need to be a little more agressive but still stick to team play.

WM struggle early with a lot of new people. But Coach seem to found a line up that can compete.Put some young guys out there.  They lost a lot of kids to other programs but the Staff will coach them up.

Want to see both compete against PB this weekend so I can judge where they all are at. 
I remember we got by Marion in the first round of state last year, sounds like there just as tough, looking forward to the WM match up as well! PB is 3-0, biggest win was over McClellan..even though ESTEM was pesky, after these two games I think I'll know a lot more about the Zebras. Thanks again for the info!

PatFan

I'm worried about Marion after seeing them 3 times in the past few days. It just looks like we have trouble scoring the ball and our guard play has been shaky. But we have 10 seniors on our roster? I think Clay will figure it out, but Parkview killed us tonight.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: PatFan on December 09, 2015, 12:26:41 am
I'm worried about Marion after seeing them 3 times in the past few days. It just looks like we have trouble scoring the ball and our guard play has been shaky. But we have 10 seniors on our roster? I think Clay will figure it out, but Parkview killed us tonight.

It will take time. Clay coaches defense and conditioning all summer and his players know that. The scoring will slowly come along as the season progresses

PatFan

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on December 09, 2015, 02:08:36 pm
Quote from: PatFan on December 09, 2015, 12:26:41 am

It will take time. Clay coaches defense and conditioning all summer and his players know that. The scoring will slowly come along as the season progresses

That's true. When Marion has been good in the past, they've started peaking around January rather than early in the year. I hope you're right.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas