• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malik Monk visiting Arkansas this weekend.

Started by Catfish, October 27, 2015, 09:56:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Catfish

Cabotred

October 27, 2015, 02:21:25 pm #1 Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 04:03:51 pm by Cabotred
IMO. Slim to none. My bet is on UK. He has the talent to be a short timer in the collegite ranks, possible a one and done. Why not go to a place where he could practice everyday against better talent and play in the Big Dance with a chance to win it. Coach Cal has a good record for sending player to next level.  If he came to U of A for a couple of years I am not even sure that we will make the tourney. 

WPWells

beach bum

October 27, 2015, 06:49:45 pm #3 Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:53:04 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Cabotred on October 27, 2015, 02:21:25 pm
IMO. Slim to none. My bet is on UK. He has the talent to be a short timer in the collegite ranks, possible a one and done. Why not go to a place where he could practice everyday against better talent and play in the Big Dance with a chance to win it. Coach Cal has a good record for sending player to next level.  If he came to U of A for a couple of years I am not even sure that we will make the tourney.

Although I think he is headed to Kansas or Kentucky, I do however not agree with the assessment of not even making the NCAA tournament in the future after this rough season ahead. Kapita should be eligible for 2016-2017 as well as Whitt being a sophomore then. Didn't Anderson just snag the #1 JUCO shooting guard from some school in Tennessee for next year too?  That along with Monk we would be close to the top 15 and I am usually always very passive on making bold predictions about Arkansas. Basketball programs can be transformed in a matter of two years fairly easily with recruiting. Whether we land Monk or not I think Anderson will have us back in the NCAA tournament for the 2016-2017 season. Just cut him some slack for this years debacle. Whether or not we land Monk we will at least be an 8 or 9 seed with what we have coming next year in 2016-2017.

fbisgreat

beach bum

Quote from: fbisgreat on October 27, 2015, 07:07:44 pm
Kapita is playing pro ball over sea's.

Wow, I had just heard a matter of last week he went to another year of prep school. Well, that stinks. That must have happened recently. I don't fault him. Go make some money and maybe improve your game enough the next couple years for the NBA.

BigLion10

Oregon could make a real run he's already visited there and from what I hear like it very much out there

Catfish

Quote from: BigLion10 on October 27, 2015, 09:03:14 pm
Oregon could make a real run he's already visited there and from what I hear like it very much out there

I really don't see him going there though. I honestly thing it is between Arkansas and Kentucky. Arkansas won't be bad next year. And if he comes that is obviously a HUGE get for us. He has already said he wanted to be a one and done, so why not come to Arkansas? Why not stay in your home state where everyone has always supported you?

BigLion10

Yea but $$$$ talks and Oregon has plenty plus nike deals in his future for sure if he went there

Razorback Red

IMO, it is down to 2 schools and I would say 51% chance to Hogs and 49% chance to UK. 

Catfish

Quote from: Razorback Red on October 29, 2015, 06:24:27 pm
IMO, it is down to 2 schools and I would say 51% chance to Hogs and 49% chance to UK.

I agree 100%

OB11

WPWells

Silky Johnson

If he's a Hog everyone will love him but I think he may get somewhat of an Archie Goodwin treatment if he has a blue jersey on next year.

Moonshiner

Anyone wearing Kentucky blue can expect to be hated by the Hog fans.  Regardless of where they are from.  Just makes it a lot more intense when they are from the Home of the Hogs.
I hope he chooses to stay home, but it's his choice to make. 

Catfish

By the looks of his social media post be really enjoyed his visit. Fingers crossed.

ErnestTBass

I sure hope we get him! Instant boost to the overall program

bdubyab60

Quote from: BigLion10 on October 28, 2015, 07:14:38 pm
Yea but $$$$ talks and Oregon has plenty plus nike deals in his future for sure if he went there
I have heard this very thing.

BigLion10

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 03, 2015, 09:29:58 am
Quote from: BigLion10 on October 28, 2015, 07:14:38 pm
I have heard this very thing.
yes I have as well, people better nor underestimate Oregon in the running for Monk

Silky Johnson

If he went to Oregon he'd be making a tough decision. He can still get name brand deals and It's obvious UK is no slouch when it comes to putting money towards basketball. I mean he could hang with Drake at midnight madness and have a great chance at a NCAA championship.

Razorback Red

Just my opinion, but MM is too big for Oregon.  They are not at that level.

If he doesn't go to UofA, it's UK, or potentially KU.  Can't see anything outside of those 3. 

Catfish

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 04, 2015, 08:45:46 pm

If he doesn't go to UofA, it's UK, or potentially KU.  Can't see anything outside of those 3.

Yes i agree completely!! But I'm going to roll with my HOGS!! WPS!!

Cabotred

November 05, 2015, 07:01:47 am #23 Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 11:59:05 pm by Cabotred

And he is not to big for Ark.  The other programs you mentioned are on a whole another level than Ark. We all know what type talent MM has, I hope he stays with his home state.  If he was my child I would say look at the elite programs in College Basketball, if you can't find one the fits come play at home. He has to do what is best for him, not the state of Arkansas.

WPWells

Home state bro...it sounds like you don't want MM to stay

Razorback Red

Quote from: Cabotred on November 05, 2015, 07:01:47 am

And he is not to big for Ark.  The other programs you mentioned are on a whole another level than Ark. We all know what type talent MM has, I hope the he stays with his home state.  If he was my child I would say look at the elite programs in College Basketball, if you can't find one the fits come play at home. He has to do what is best for him, not the state of Arkansas.

He is an Arkansas kid, His brother was a Hog, He currently lives 20 minutes from campus and hears the Hogs called at most of his HS games, that makes Hogs a very viable option.  Other than AR, MM is only going to go to an Elite program. 

Catfish

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 05, 2015, 10:15:15 am
Quote from: Cabotred on November 05, 2015, 07:01:47 am

And he is not to big for Ark.  The other programs you mentioned are on a whole another level than Ark. We all know what type talent MM has, I hope the he stays with his home state.  If he was my child I would say look at the elite programs in College Basketball, if you can't find one the fits come play at home. He has to do what is best for him, not the state of Arkansas.

He is an Arkansas kid, His brother was a Hog, He currently lives 20 minutes from campus and hears the Hogs called at most of his HS games, that makes Hogs a very viable option.  Other than AR, MM is only going to go to an Elite program.

Yes, yes, yes! Like I said before. He has already said he wants to be a one and done. One year with MM at Arkansas could drastically change the program. Top of the line facilities as well!

Ventman

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas