• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harmony Grove vs. Bearden

Started by Hgalum50, October 07, 2017, 12:12:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Harmony Grove
33 (91.7%)
Bearden
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: October 12, 2017, 12:30:36 pm

Yogi bear

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on October 12, 2017, 08:01:45 am
Dang Bearden is ALL in their feelings this week.  That 2 point squeaker against PC has them all sad and stuff!  ;D
.    Calm before the storm.Just hope we play well.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: BaseballPlayer11 on October 12, 2017, 09:07:21 am
I think when CC beat them in the playoffs a couple years ago it was 16-14 JC at the half.

I was referring to our first game of the year this year, and since that point. Nobody can stop JC's RB this year, but Bearden had success this year until half, until they had 7 players cramping in the 3rd qtr (at one time) from trying to catch him. Not an excuse, JC RB is good this year as the results are showing.

SOUTHARK99

I hope this is a close game. I went to the Bearden Rison game and it was over at the half. I was also at the CHG Hampton game and it was over at halftime. I hope the bears can get back on track and make a game if it. After seeing both teams I believe CHG wins 21 or more. 

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 12, 2017, 10:38:41 am
I was referring to our first game of the year this year, and since that point. Nobody can stop JC's RB this year, but Bearden had success this year until half, until they had 7 players cramping in the 3rd qtr (at one time) from trying to catch him. Not an excuse, JC RB is good this year as the results are showing.
I actually wish Rison could play JC this season.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 12, 2017, 08:57:31 pm
I actually wish Rison could play JC this season.
Maybe Totty would start playing them.  I have heard that CHG's first three games next year before 3A Conference play begins will be Bearden, Fordyce, and Junction City.  All he's gotta do is pick up the phone.  I think it would be a big early season matchup and would draw a huge crowd. 

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 12, 2017, 10:03:44 pm
Maybe Totty would start playing them.  I have heard that CHG's first three games next year before 3A Conference play begins will be Bearden, Fordyce, and Junction City.  All he's gotta do is pick up the phone.  I think it would be a big early season matchup and would draw a huge crowd.
Actually Rison usually does play JC. This year and last year are the only times in a while they didn't play in the preseason. Totty and Carpenter were hunting buddies. Since Carpenter retired they don't have the same kind of rivalry going.

Hgalum50

Would love to see a Rison vs. Nashville game! To tradition rich schools going at it!

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 12, 2017, 10:20:07 pm
Would love to see a Rison vs. Nashville game! To tradition rich schools going at it!
I know Clay Totty isn't afraid to play anyone, but they have a LOT more bodies than we do. Might not win that game, but I guarantee they would remember it.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 12, 2017, 10:35:34 pm
I know Clay Totty isn't afraid to play anyone, but they have a LOT more bodies than we do. Might not win that game, but I guarantee they would remember it.
Honestly if Rison just kept it close for a half that would be great.

Risonwildcat212

Any updates? Thanks in advance.

bear for life

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 13, 2017, 08:14:24 pm
Any updates? Thanks in advance.
I'm just listening so just what I've heard so far. Hornets had trouble early containing Berry and the cannon that he has for an arm. They blitzed a lot early but have since started just rushing 4. Did much better containing him in the 2nd quarter. Offensively Grove has moved it really well but have turned it over 3 times.
20-14 Grove I think

The Beast Of 08

And just like that Grove leads 28-14 about a minute into the 3rd Q

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on October 13, 2017, 08:45:08 pm
And just like that Grove leads 28-14 about a minute into the 3rd Q
Seems like a showdown in The Grove for the conference crown unless Bearden turns this around.

dawgpound

Rison hasn't beat Hampton yet there ol son

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: dawgpound on October 13, 2017, 08:54:26 pm
Rison hasn't beat Hampton yet there ol son
Not overlooking Hampton, but if Rison beats CHG and loses to Hampton, they share if I'm not mistaken (which I could be).

The Beast Of 08

Hgalum50

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 13, 2017, 08:59:14 pm
Not overlooking Hampton, but if Rison beats CHG and loses to Hampton, they share if I'm not mistaken (which I could be).
If Rison beats CHG but loses to Hampton it would be a 3 way tie for first... then it comes down to points to see who gets the #1 seed which would probably go to harmony grove since they dominated Hampton and I don't see the Rison/harmony grove being a blowout or the Rison/Hampton game being a blowout

HG Hornet

We have the chance to take care of this ourselves and not have to worry about who beats who and tiebreakers.  CHG will give Rison all they can handle next Friday.

SOUTHARK99

This game was better than the Hampton game with CHG for about 5 min. I just think there are two teams at the top of the conference the are 35 points better than the 3,4 and 5 seeds. The crazy thing is the 5 seed from the 8 would be in 1st or 2nd in most all the other conferences

#1wildcatfan

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on October 13, 2017, 11:47:40 pm
If Rison beats CHG but loses to Hampton it would be a 3 way tie for first... then it comes down to points to see who gets the #1 seed which would probably go to harmony grove since they dominated Hampton and I don't see the Rison/harmony grove being a blowout or the Rison/Hampton game being a blowout
Does it go by points scored, points allowed or both?

Yogi bear

If it goes to points and you beat a team by more than thirteen all you can count is 13 points.

old.dole

Has to be a 3 way tie to go to points as well

Backwoods Bart

Congrats on the win CHG. We seem to be recently struggling with teams going up in class, as well as the ones dropping in class. Go figure...

HG Hornet

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 15, 2017, 06:47:59 pm
Congrats on the win CHG. We seem to be recently struggling with teams going up in class, as well as the ones dropping in class. Go figure...
Thank you Bart.  Our guys goofed around for a bit, but got it together just about the time it seemed the Bears started getting tired.  Hornets also realized that the blitz up the middle worked and they got better at wrapping Tyler up as the game went on.  He threw superb passes for both early touchdowns and the two point conversion......perfect spirals with our guys pressuring/ hanging on him!  Tyler Berry is definitely a young stud and I've heard he's an exceptional student and young man.  He's always been very nice when I have spoken with him. 

Good luck to the Bears the rest of the way and Happy Birthday to your Bears fan, Lenny Sisson.  Visited with him at the Hampton game and at Friday's game in Bearden.

HG Hornet

Quote from: trojanman on October 09, 2017, 10:31:17 am
Horstkamp is a heck of a coach. Yall would be stupid to even consider getting rid of him. Who would want to come there? your numbers are getting smaller and smaller every year and if something doesnt change you will be wearing yellow and black for the Greater Quachita County Hornets
Uh Oh, I heard he may be wearing yellow and black pretty soon.......

old.dole

April 13, 2018, 07:38:19 am #129 Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 07:49:14 am by old.dole
Heard that as well. Return of cox in Bearden?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas