• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fredi Knighten

Started by Bly-Vegas, January 14, 2012, 07:04:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bly-Vegas

Congrats to Pulaski Academy's Fredi Knighten for winning the Landers Award and being named a Parade All-American.

MONSTER

Well deserved great job Freddi K. He has Parade All American #s for sure,I wish him well and hopes he get a chance to play QB on the next level I think he could be successful

Peety

True Believer

Bly-Vegas

January 14, 2012, 08:42:12 pm #4 Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 08:43:49 pm by Bly-Vegas
Pic via his Twitter:

InYoGrill

Saw the Landers Award highlights on Ch 7 and Knighten seems like a first class young man. Very charismatic and respectful during the interview. I hope he has a great career and college exp at ASU.

Wahls

Quote from: Bly-Vegas on January 14, 2012, 08:42:12 pm
Pic via his Twitter:

Maybe it's just the jersey or the photo or something, but his physique looks odd? Maybe it's just me.

ASU Rugby

Malzahn and Co. are about to put together a squad very appealing to the state high school football fans. I expect our number of instate recruits we sign each year to double.

Bly-Vegas

A tight jersey over a loose shirt will do that to ya.

Uncle Ivan

The Landers award continues to demonstrate why its about as prestigious as a turd on a stick.

AirWarren

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 14, 2012, 11:47:36 pm
The Landers award continues to demonstrate why its about as prestigious as a turd on a stick.
How much did you pawn yours for when YOU WON IT ?

True Believer

Quote from: Wahls on January 14, 2012, 09:37:38 pm
Pic via his Twitter:

Maybe it's just the jersey or the photo or something, but his physique looks odd? Maybe it's just me.

It's just you.  :)

AirWarren

Congrats the young man regardless. Well spoken and appeared to have a great head on his shoulders.

Wahls

Quote from: True Believer on January 15, 2012, 07:25:24 am
Pic via his Twitter:

He's got a big rack there.

PressBox-81

Now you can add Parade All-American to his list of accomplishments.

True Believer

January 15, 2012, 01:47:31 pm #16 Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:41:23 pm by True Believer
Quote from: Wahls on January 15, 2012, 01:10:20 pm
Pic via his Twitter:

I'm sorry but does rack mean the same thing that it use to mean?   If it does, that just sounds wrong coming from a young man. 

Wahls

Quote from: True Believer on January 15, 2012, 01:47:31 pm
Pic via his Twitter:

I'm sorry but does rack mean the same thing that is use to mean?   If it does, that just sounds wrong coming from a young man. 

Sarcasm.

fastdrop

Quote from: True Believer on January 15, 2012, 01:47:31 pm
Pic via his Twitter:

I'm sorry but does rack mean the same thing that is use to mean?   If it does, that just sounds wrong coming from a young man. 
TB .... Blame it on Glee

rammer

Watching Fredi play, he reminds me of Doug Flutie. He may not have Ryan Mallet size, but he can throw the ball with a lot of zip. He is also very accurate and is a good runner. This is a great addition for ASU, and with Fredi and Dyer in the same backfield, Malzahn will have a very exciting offense to watch.

Busman

Can you say "Wild Red Wolf Formation"?

stAte fan in LR

Quote from: Busman on January 17, 2012, 09:02:57 am
Can you say "Wild Red Wolf Formation"?
He will play that spot and slot WR his first year.  Fredi is a great addition.  82 TDs in a year is a lot no matter where you play.  The guy just knows how to play football. 

Busman

Most of those wildcat formation-types don't have the throwing arm he has.  So that will be interesting.

General Question - can the wildcat be your college offense or is it just for special situations?

Peety

Quote from: Busman on January 17, 2012, 11:26:16 am
Most of those wildcat formation-types don't have the throwing arm he has.  So that will be interesting.

General Question - can the wildcat be your college offense or is it just for special situations?

I doubt it would be the main formation or package for any team... It would be too easy to prepare for. You just throw it in with your main offense...makes you hard to prep for

R. A.™

Is that because he is not going to be a Hog?

stAte fan in LR

Quote from: R. A.™ on January 17, 2012, 02:09:20 pm

That is a big reason.  The other is that it's Ivan.  It's an award for the best HS player.  Knighten accounted for 82 TDs and won a state title.  If that ins't deserving then what is?

Busman

Same debate in 1972.  Steve Burks of Cabot was by far the best athlete in the state.  He signed with ASU.  Scott Bull signed with UA.

Ark Gazette Athlete of the Year - Scott Bull.

Both had good college careers.  Burks played more pro games.

zebradynasty

I don't think it's jealousy by Hog fans. Knighten is good but he is not as good as Tyler Wilson was in high school. UA doesn't need him and therefore was right in not offering him! Glad he signed with ASU but more important UA maybe has finally stopped signing kids just because they live in Arkansas or least not signing as many as they used to. We certainly want/need the best kids in Arkansas to go to UA but truth is we wont sniff a SEC title with a team full of Arkansas born and raised kids. That's the truth we need to deal with it and move on and sign kids from out of state. While the last few years Arkansas kids have been a major part of our success that's the exception not the norm and we will never be a consistent winner in the SEC relying on towns of 3500 to produce SEC caliber athletes!

Hoghead

Quote from: stAte fan in LR on January 17, 2012, 02:20:28 pm

That is a big reason.  The other is that it's Ivan.  It's an award for the best HS player.  Knighten accounted for 82 TDs and won a state title.  If that ins't deserving then what is?
Ivan is just mad that Freddie didn't sign with Memphis State !

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 17, 2012, 03:51:21 pm
I don't think it's jealousy by Hog fans. Knighten is good but he is not as good as Tyler Wilson was in high school. UA doesn't need him and therefore was right in not offering him! Glad he signed with ASU but more important UA maybe has finally stopped signing kids just because they live in Arkansas or least not signing as many as they used to. We certainly want/need the best kids in Arkansas to go to UA but truth is we wont sniff a SEC title with a team full of Arkansas born and raised kids. That's the truth we need to deal with it and move on and sign kids from out of state. While the last few years Arkansas kids have been a major part of our success that's the exception not the norm and we will never be a consistent winner in the SEC relying on towns of 3500 to produce SEC caliber athletes!

Can't believe I just found this thread.  While I agree with part of what you are saying, in the respect UA can't offer every kid in Arkansas and have a great team.  You have to think about the talent which has left or is leaving the state.  i.e. Michael Dyer, Kiehl Frazier, and Altee Tenpenny and those are just the ones I can think of we have lost to SEC schools.

sevenof400

February 17, 2012, 05:10:00 pm #30 Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:14:21 pm by sevenof400
Quote from: Hoghead on January 23, 2012, 02:24:40 am
Quote from: stAte fan in LR on January 17, 2012, 02:20:28 pm

Ivan is just mad that Freddie didn't sign with Memphis State!

You are dating yourself there Hoghead!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas