• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas State Team Changes(merged)

Started by fastdrop, November 26, 2011, 08:44:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fastdrop

I am jumping back on the ASU bandwagon ---- They have done more with less than any other team in the state this season.

A-State holds a 9-2 overall and 7-0 Sun Belt Conference record and is receiving votes in both the AP and USA Today Coaches Top 25 Polls.  The Red Wolves are also No. 30 and No. 35 in the latest CBSSports.com 120 and BCS rankings, respectively.  The Red Wolves have one regular-season game remaining, hosting Troy Dec. 3 at 3:30 p.m. on the Red Wolves' Senior Day.

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=35558&SPID=2798&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205337244&DB_OEM_ID=7200

Romeo

Second lowest budget in division I football. Impressive to have that kind of record with the lack of resources.

Bondfan4ever

ASU is going to have a hard time holding onto Coach Freeze.  As a graduate of the ASU system, I'm proud of the Red Wolves and am very optimistic of the future of the program.

sevenof400

Quote from: Romeo on November 26, 2011, 08:52:14 am
Second lowest budget in division I football. Impressive to have that kind of record with the lack of resources.

I'd say that Freeze now has some considerable leverage on which to expand the resources of the program if he wants to be at ASU for some time.  Now is the time for Freeze to ask for the things that ASU needs to be competitive on the long term.  If he asks, and the powers that be at ASU turn him down, Freeze would be in a position to say that he tried to build a program at ASU but lacked institutional support.  On the other hand, if ASU comes through and upgrades the program, Freeze could stay at ASU a few more years likely building up a resume for larger programs than Ole Miss or Memphis State.  Clearly, Freeze has lots of cards in his hand right now. 

Peety

They are already talking about giving him a larger contract, more budget, and even building an indoor facility the way Freeze wants it within the next 1 or 2 years. ASU is coming on up

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 26, 2011, 12:04:47 pm

I'd say that Freeze now has some considerable leverage on which to expand the resources of the program if he wants to be at ASU for some time.  Now is the time for Freeze to ask for the things that ASU needs to be competitive on the long term.  If he asks, and the powers that be at ASU turn him down, Freeze would be in a position to say that he tried to build a program at ASU but lacked institutional support.  On the other hand, if ASU comes through and upgrades the program, Freeze could stay at ASU a few more years likely building up a resume for larger programs than Ole Miss or Memphis State.  Clearly, Freeze has lots of cards in his hand right now. 

Quote from: Peety on November 26, 2011, 05:36:06 pm
They are already talking about giving him a larger contract, more budget, and even building an indoor facility the way Freeze wants it within the next 1 or 2 years. ASU is coming on up

In other words, ASU students' wallets are going to take an even bigger gouging.

sevenof400

I'd hate to see students bear the financial burden of athletic expansion. One would hope private sources could fund an expansion effort.

Romeo

Reports now that Hugh Freeze will accept the Ole Miss Job.

sevenof400

Quote from: Romeo on November 26, 2011, 09:02:48 pm
Reports now that Hugh Freeze will accept the Ole Miss Job.

Where are you hearing this Romeo?

Romeo

It was initially on bleacherreport.com but apparently now Hugh Freeze has denied it.

Smithian

If stAte can keep Freeze around for 3 seasons that'd be a big accomplishment.

There are a whole bunch of kids in the state that aren't recruited by the Hogs who can still be legit D1 players.

True Believer

He tweeted that it was not true but once again nothing would surprise me.

sevenof400

Quote from: Smithian on November 26, 2011, 10:10:43 pm

There are a whole bunch of kids in the state that aren't recruited by the Hogs who can still be legit D1 players.

Given the cost of attending college these days, it is a positive development to have as many viable in state options for Arkansas student athletes to pursue their academic and athletic dreams.   If student athletes can obtain their undergraduate degree debt free, that is a very positive outcome.

fastdrop

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 26, 2011, 10:21:47 pm

Given the cost of attending college these days, it is a positive development to have as many viable in state options for Arkansas student athletes to pursue their academic and athletic dreams.   If student athletes can obtain their undergraduate degree debt free, that is a very positive outcome.
Well, I guess we just do more with less all the way around....poor little ASU has to try and win with kids the Hogs kick to the curb.

Smithian

Quote from: fastdrop on November 26, 2011, 10:37:45 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on November 26, 2011, 10:21:47 pm

Well, I guess we just do more with less all the way around....poor little ASU has to try and win with kids the Hogs kick to the curb.
I wasn't making a negative comment nor will I respond to that and drag a positive thread into a little crap flinging match that won't make ASU look great.

Hoghead

Arkansas St. 9-2  vs Arkansas 10-2 in the Diamond State Frank Broyles Bowl !!!!!

fastdrop

I would love to have an ASU - Southern Miss game in my back yard --- The Liberty Bowl.

ASU Rugby

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 26, 2011, 07:15:53 pm

Youve been posting that on here for 5 years, and we still have the lowest athletic fee of any D1 school in the state, and one of the lowest in the nation.

fastdrop

True Believer

fastdrop

Yes ... He is the assistant SID for ASU .... sporting a razorback shirt with his little lady at eh game Friday..... idiot posted this picture on face book.

True Believer

Well I don't have my glasses on. 

That is pretty stupid.  IMO.

Peety

Quote from: fastdrop on November 27, 2011, 05:40:04 pm
Yes ... He is the assistant SID for ASU .... sporting a razorback shirt with his little lady at eh game Friday..... idiot posted this picture on face book.

I've seen this guy on campus before

Smithian

True Believer

I have probably worn a Razorback hoodie on A State's campus but I don't work for them. 

And to be truthful, it's easier finding Razorback stuff in Jonesboro than Red Wolves unless you go to the A State bookstore and pay too much!

Walmart and Kohl's has some nice A State hoodies and shirts.    I know what he needs for Christmas now.  :) 

fastdrop

Quote from: True Believer on November 30, 2011, 05:30:07 am
I have probably worn a Razorback hoodie on A State's campus but I don't work for them. 

And to be truthful, it's easier finding Razorback stuff in Jonesboro than Red Wolves unless you go to the A State bookstore and pay too much!

Walmart and Kohl's has some nice A State hoodies and shirts.    I know what he needs for Christmas now.  :) 

True Believer

sevenof400

B. Kirk

The man payed for the trip and ticket. Not to mention he has a relative playing for the team.

Give me a break.

AirWarren

True Arkansan sporting the right gear I see.

dc24

Quote from: AW on December 01, 2011, 05:16:12 am
True Arkansan sporting the right gear I see.

How so?  You can be a true Arkansan and not support the University of Arkansas.

Hoghead

Quote from: fastdrop on November 27, 2011, 05:20:28 pm
This has to stop - please ask this guy for his resignation

http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=51837.0

Remember the Florida Grad who worked at a NWA media outlet who showed up to a BP Hog presser with the Gator Cap on ? FIRED !

B. Kirk

Quote from: Hoghead on December 02, 2011, 01:43:12 am
Quote from: fastdrop on November 27, 2011, 05:20:28 pm
This has to stop - please ask this guy for his resignation

http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=51837.0

Remember the Florida Grad who worked at a NWA media outlet who showed up to a BP Hog presser with the Gator Cap on ? FIRED !

No comparison.

dc24

Yeah I personally know the guy, and while I don't think it was a smart move, I do know he loves ASU and he works his butt off for them.  What he does on his personal time is his business and I knew he liked the Hogs as well.  Not a big deal to me.

True Believer

Now Freeze is stating that he can't answer questions asked if he was leaving or note.  ASU can't compete money wise with Old pee.   I know he will leave someday but if he leaves to coach there.

He's on my bad list. 

True Believer

Well just got some news.

He's on my bad list. 

fastdrop

Well you can't blame him but --- How low has the Ole Miss job become to have to step down to a one year wonder as their head coach?

Did he win this year with his players?

I am not saying he will be a bad coach but who really knows ---- Ole Miss is desperate.

Romeo

I think Kirby Smart had the job until better jobs became open.

True Believer

Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy.   Who else?

True Believer

Not that my opinion counts, but if he had gone anywhere else then I would wish him luck and the best.

I hope he loses every game.  If he ends up going there. 

Coach Runyan

Our (and I do say "our" as a die hard ASU fan) boards are in total meltdown. When we brought this guy in, A LOT of our fan base was complaining that we didn't get someone more high profile.

He goes 10-2, wins a conference championship outright and takes us to a bowl game in year one.

Now he has the opportunity to probably quadruple his salary and coach in the SEC and we cuss him on the way out the door. Welcome to low-paying, weak conference, non-AQ football ASU fans.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: ASU Rugby on November 27, 2011, 01:53:19 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 26, 2011, 07:15:53 pm

Youve been posting that on here for 5 years, and we still have the lowest athletic fee of any D1 school in the state, and one of the lowest in the nation.

I'll post it for five more.  Quit financially raping the students.

I've seen ASU football players wear Razorback apparel.  It's not a big deal.

fastdrop

Quote from: Coach Runyan, Lakeside on December 04, 2011, 11:12:48 am
Our (and I do say "our" as a die hard ASU fan) boards are in total meltdown. When we brought this guy in, A LOT of our fan base was complaining that we didn't get someone more high profile.

He goes 10-2, wins a conference championship outright and takes us to a bowl game in year one.

Now he has the opportunity to probably quadruple his salary and coach in the SEC and we cuss him on the way out the door. Welcome to low-paying, weak conference, non-AQ football ASU fans.
He might wind up wishing he had stayed in Jonesboro..... Ole Miss is a death trap.

Peety

Hahaha. I've never seen an ASU football player wear Razorback apparel.

fastdrop

Me either .... Maybe LSU or Bama or whom ever else the Hogs might be playing against that day.

The guy should be canned.... He must be related to somebody in Jonesboro or he would of been shown the door.

True Believer

I HATE ole pee.  With a passion.

Any team but that one. 

Your opinion means notta to me.

True Believer

Quote from: fastdrop on December 04, 2011, 01:21:14 pm

He might wind up wishing he had stayed in Jonesboro..... Ole Miss is a death trap.

I can only hope.   

R. A.™

Don't think welch and lee can put a compensation package fast enough to keep him.

True Believer

I believe he's gone.  And if someone showed me the money like ole pee is doing, I would go too.

Romeo

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas