• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

who is the best girls team this year beside riverside

Started by football king, January 11, 2018, 08:02:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

football king

what teams will be able to play with them this year.?

Basketballfan13

Mountain View, Valley Springs, Melbourne, Charleston, Two Rivers, Cossatot, maybe Lamar if stud comes back healthy and ready.

baller334

Hitman Warrior23

January 11, 2018, 09:36:28 am #3 Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:03:33 am by Hitman Warrior23
Watched film on Riverside, their pace of the game and depth is what throws teams for a loop especially early and mid season. They don't slow down.  I think any team with strong guard play where they can neutralize the pressure I think is going to be the team that beats them if they get beat.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on January 11, 2018, 09:36:28 am
Watched film on Riverside, there pace of the game and depth is what throws teams for a loop especially early and mid season. They don't slow down.  I think any team with strong guard play where they can neutralize the pressure I think is going to be the team that beats them if they get beat.
I think they are overall the best team, but very beatable if you have good guard play. All the teams I listed are capable of beating them. Have a good post player would help too since they don't have a dominant inside presence.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on January 11, 2018, 09:55:56 am
I think they are overall the best team, but very beatable if you have good guard play. All the teams I listed are capable of beating them. Have a good post player would help too since they don't have a dominant inside presence.

And you better defend the three or they can bury you very quickly. Usually hit 10-15 per game while shooting a good percentage.

Radiotalker

How can you leave out Hoxie? I think they will be there.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 11, 2018, 11:12:57 am
How can you leave out Hoxie? I think they will be there.

You would think defending state champs,. I think maybe not suggested due to them losing to them so bad early. But yes I know early games  don't mean a whole lot.  Especially with Riverside having so many games.

RedWolf275

Hoxie' guard play is not as good as last year but they have a 9th grader who will help out for postseason if they move her up.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 11, 2018, 10:41:49 am
And you better defend the three or they can bury you very quickly. Usually hit 10-15 per game while shooting a good percentage.

That's not common in 3a.  Gonna be difficult to beat for sure

4real

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 11, 2018, 10:41:49 am
Any team averaging 30-45 points solely beyond the arc will not only win state, but they will set a world record, then receive offers for each player in the main rotation to attend UCONN, amongst others, or, they may just be one and done players for the WNBA.  I would like to meet their parents, and recommend my representation services, and we could forgo college, and make bigger money playing pro in Europe...

RedWolf275

You need to come watch. They play tonight and I wasn't going to go but now I am and I'll count em just for you. They just don't have one or two girls who can hit multiple 3's.

4real

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 11, 2018, 03:09:04 pm
You need to come watch. They play tonight and I wasn't going to go but now I am and I'll count em just for you. They just don't have one or two girls who can hit multiple 3's.
I think I realize it's natural to exagerate one's talents, successes.  I hear they are solid and i'm sure they are fun to watch and will do well.  Just have to make jabs at those kinds of overstatements.  They would be ranked in the top 50 nationally if they literally averaged making that many 3's

RedWolf275

I'll update you tonight. I'll also try to find out their seasonal average.

Hitman Warrior23

I'll say this those 3's don't always drop in post season.  Scary relying on that many points coming from threes.  And hard to not rely on them if they are used to hitting them.

BoxNOne

They do make a lot of 3's. Don't know how many they'll hit tonight though. It'll probably be a blow out with a lot of layups off the press.

biglion1985

4real

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on January 11, 2018, 02:06:03 pm
That's not common in 3a.  Gonna be difficult to beat for sure
In today's NBA its not common...

4real

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 11, 2018, 03:26:06 pm
I'll update you tonight. I'll also try to find out their seasonal average.
thanks redwolve.  I'm sure they are fun to watch.  Do they have a back to the basket post who can score 15-20 per night off the turnaround?  That would be a lethal combo.  As hitman mentioned, living by the 3 often results in post season frustration.  Not to say it can't be done tho.

NeaBaller21

Riverside is playing Manila tonight. Up 51-5 at halftime. Led 30-0 after first quarter..

RedWolf275

Quote from: 4real on January 11, 2018, 07:26:44 pm
thanks redwolve.  I'm sure they are fun to watch.  Do they have a back to the basket post who can score 15-20 per night off the turnaround?  That would be a lethal combo.  As hitman mentioned, living by the 3 often results in post season frustration.  Not to say it can't be done tho.

Lady Rebels beat Manila 69-15. 4real I left at halftime and Lady Rebels were 4-10. Don't sound like they did much second half. Lots of steals and layups in the first half.

4real

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 11, 2018, 08:17:55 pm
Lady Rebels beat Manila 69-15. 4real I left at halftime and Lady Rebels were 4-10. Don't sound like they did much second half. Lots of steals and layups in the first half.
Man, I don't know how good Manila is, but 51-5 at half is ruff. Will anyone up there push them and help them get ready for the post season grind?

RedWolf275

Manila had a 6-9 record. Riverside girls combined conference is weak. Brookland has a decent team and they play one more time. Just got to play who the AAA tells you to play conference wise. Did play some good teams before Christmas though.

4real

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 12, 2018, 12:14:02 pm
Manila had a 6-9 record. Riverside girls combined conference is weak. Brookland has a decent team and they play one more time. Just got to play who the AAA tells you to play conference wise. Did play some good teams before Christmas though.
gotcha

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas