• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest vs Manila last night game

Started by 501Arkansas, December 16, 2017, 09:14:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

Hey guys does anyone know what happen last night at the rivercrest and manila game? I heard that the manila coach was yelling at RC players about tackling them too hard or something. Im going to post on the football thread also

Baller_34

I'm glad you brought this up cause I heard today that the game got way out of hand. I don't know facts so don't hold me to it but I heard a kid got hit away from the ball for Manila and had to get stitches. They said it was really bad and out of control.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Baller_34 on December 16, 2017, 11:42:20 am
I'm glad you brought this up cause I heard today that the game got way out of hand. I don't know facts so don't hold me to it but I heard a kid got hit away from the ball for Manila and had to get stitches. They said it was really bad and out of control.
Yeah i heard that to. They say manila were the ones pushing, fouling hard and doing uncalled for things.

OB11

Rivercrest's head coach played for and graduated from Manila. I'm sure there was some extra tension there. These two teams have a long standing county rivalry on the basketball court.

Baller_34

Well from what I heard it was Rivercrest doing the unnecessary stuff. One person said they were fouling a lot and really hard fouls but now intentional or techinicals were given.

870baller15

I was at the game, Rivercrest players were the ones acting terrible. They went after a certain Manila player on 3 different accounts all of which should have gotten intentional and one probably a tech. Rivercrest didnt act this way until late in the 2nd half when Manila went on a run and got up by double digits. This is the first time I've seen these teams play each other but it appears to me that Rivercrests coach either has no control over his players or no class. Either way none of this was happening until they knew the game was out of reach. Pretty terrible sportsmanship if you ask me.

luxora4life

Wrong.  He did it diving on the floor for the ball.

luxora4life

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 16, 2017, 03:07:52 pm
I was at the game, Rivercrest players were the ones acting terrible. They went after a certain Manila player on 3 different accounts all of which should have gotten intentional and one probably a tech. Rivercrest didnt act this way until late in the 2nd half when Manila went on a run and got up by double digits. This is the first time I've seen these teams play each other but it appears to me that Rivercrests coach either has no control over his players or no class. Either way none of this was happening until they knew the game was out of reach. Pretty terrible sportsmanship if you ask me.

;D

870baller15

December 16, 2017, 07:12:37 pm #8 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 07:21:32 pm by 870baller15
Quote from: luxora4life on December 16, 2017, 03:43:54 pm
Wrong.  He did it diving on the floor for the ball.

Wrong, a kid elbowed him in the eye while he was trying to get the ball. Then one of Rivercrests players poked him in the eye at half court.

ISU7

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 16, 2017, 03:07:52 pm
Sounds about the way Manila play teams at Manila, I guess Karma bites hard,,,

ISU7

So is the kid in ICU. :o My goodness basketball can be physical sometimes. Have you not watch Manila play at Manila.hmmmmm :-X

Baller_34

I wasn't there but I seen enough ball to know the difference in playing dirty and playing physical. Sounds like it was a lot dirty play from what I'm hearing.

luxora4life

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 16, 2017, 07:12:37 pm
Wrong, a kid elbowed him in the eye while he was trying to get the ball. Then one of Rivercrests players poked him in the eye at half court.

Wrong again, the play happened about 5 feet in front of me, but the RC player did poke him in the face.  Probably because after # 4 got his band aid, he ran back on the court and bumped the RC players.  Was it intentional or not, I don't know.

870baller15

Quote from: luxora4life on December 17, 2017, 12:11:17 pm
Wrong again, the play happened about 5 feet in front of me, but the RC player did poke him in the face.  Probably because after # 4 got his band aid, he ran back on the court and bumped the RC players.  Was it intentional or not, I don't know.

When he went back on the court he gave the player a pat on the back, and then he got poked. I was sitting front row at half court 5 feet away from it.

Baller_34

LOL!! Sounds y'all were at the same game but NOT!! Who really knows what happened then??

Longfellow

I wasn't at this game, but I saw all of it 5 feet away from me

- this thread

870baller15

Quote from: Longfellow on December 17, 2017, 01:21:37 pm
I wasn't at this game, but I saw all of it 5 feet away from me

- this thread
😂

luxora4life

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 17, 2017, 12:49:07 pm
When he went back on the court he gave the player a pat on the back, and then he got poked. I was sitting front row at half court 5 feet away from it.

Bump him first, RC player verbally said something to #4 who then pat him on the butt.  Next came the poke. 

870baller15

Quote from: luxora4life on December 17, 2017, 01:40:05 pm
Bump him first, RC player verbally said something to #4 who then pat him on the butt.  Next came the poke.

Whatever you say, we'll just have to agree to disagree lol

870baller15

December 17, 2017, 11:00:16 pm #19 Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:01:47 pm by 870baller15
is there anyway to upload videos to FF?

redandgray

December 18, 2017, 09:31:07 am #20 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:37:04 am by redandgray
What's sad is that Rivercrest kids were being called the N word on the court by a few of the Manila players.

870baller15

Quote from: redandgray on December 18, 2017, 09:31:07 am
Wrong that kid dove on top of our guys for a jump ball. When one of our guys raised their head up the back of his head hit the kid under the eye and busted it.   

What's sad is that Rivercrest kids were being called the N word on the court by a few of the Manila players.

I have the video and you can clearly see the kid is making no attempt on the ball and that it's more of a punch and a headlock than it is an elbow. And how did he dive on top of them if in the video he's clearly on the bottom? I'm trying to find a way to link the video here so that everyone can see what really happened.

ArkansasSportsFan

Sounds like a lot of people embellishing stories to make their story more sympathetic than the other.

How about we all agree the game got physical and probably crossed the line at one point or another, both teams could be blamed for different circumstances, it's unfortunate that they escalated the way they did.

There we go.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 18, 2017, 11:06:17 am #23 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:07:48 am by NEA Razorback olfan

You can post it on Twitter , then post Twitter link on here

870baller15

870baller15

December 18, 2017, 11:14:16 am #25 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:22:03 am by 870baller15
I figured it out, just click the link or if that doesn't work copy and paste it. Also take note of the official standing right in front of the play and the only thing called is a jump ball.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 18, 2017, 11:28:28 am #26 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:44:03 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Videos don't lie
Yes video shows #1 Rivercrest left arm pulled back to punch #4 Manila player from his knees , he misses as #4 falls into him , they both get up and no further activity

#1 should have been ejected from the video I saw

Manila coach should send video to the league, no place for that blatent activity.
Also any players caught using the N word should be dismissed from the team.
In video I could not hear anything said on the court.

Parents should not condone any of this activity, no matter whose your team or who your son is.
We should be their parents not their buddy.

redandgray

That was not #1...but you're right...our guy put him in a headlock.  This game had already gotten chippy on both sides.  There was plenty before this on both teams.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 18, 2017, 11:49:33 am #28 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:51:40 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: redandgray on December 18, 2017, 11:40:49 am
That was not #1...but you're right...our guy put him in a headlock.  This game had already gotten chippy on both sides.  There was plenty before this on both teams.

Hard to see the number real well, the officials should do their job and control the game, obviously they did not . The officials should be reported , they let this happen.

Best of luck to the Lions and Colts!!

870baller15

I agree olfan, the officials could've handled this better.

JacketDad

I have no dog in this fight but that looks to me like the Rivercrest player did throw a punch and headlocked the Manila player.

luxora4life

Quote from: JacketDad on December 18, 2017, 12:24:02 pm
I have no dog in this fight but that looks to me like the Rivercrest player did throw a punch and headlocked the Manila player.

Looks can be deceiving:  Not every man is guilty of whatever it is that they are accused of.  -LCB

870baller15

Either way, actions like that call for a technical and ejection from the game

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: luxora4life on December 18, 2017, 12:35:54 pm
Looks can be deceiving:  Not every man is guilty of whatever it is that they are accused of.  -LCB

Lawyer much?

luxora4life

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 18, 2017, 11:28:28 am
Videos don't lie
Yes video shows #1 Rivercrest left arm pulled back to punch #4 Manila player from his knees , he misses as #4 falls into him , they both get up and no further activity

#1 should have been ejected from the video I saw

Manila coach should send video to the league, no place for that blatent activity.
Also any players caught using the N word should be dismissed from the team.
In video I could not hear anything said on the court.

Parents should not condone any of this activity, no matter whose your team or who your son is.
We should be their parents not their buddy.

No. But depending on a person point of view, that interpretation of the video could be wrong.  Go back and look closer s(slow it down) and notice #4 arm goes around #2 before his left arms goes into the air.  #2 stated (after the game) he thought #4 was trying to hold him from getting to the ball, so he was going to shove him out the way before falling on top of #4.   

NEA Razorback olfan

December 18, 2017, 01:16:26 pm #36 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:47:17 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: luxora4life on December 18, 2017, 01:03:02 pm
No. But depending on a person point of view, that interpretation of the video could be wrong.  Go back and look closer s(slow it down) and notice #4 arm goes around #2 before his left arms goes into the air.  #2 stated (after the game) he thought #4 was trying to hold him from getting to the ball, so he was going to shove him out the way before falling on top of #4.

Only one problem , to push your hands go in, to punch your hand goes back.
That's just common sense

But I agree , I believe it was a reaction , the way they both got up, and no further activity went on , both players stopped escalating the situation any further at that time.

I was not there, did not talk to the players ,  And do not know the intent of the players , but no one with common sense and has actually seen a punch and or headlock can say what transpired in the video looks like anything but.

And you can see #4 get pushed into #2 by colt player..
9-10 viewers that have no kid on the teams would say the same thing, as long as their vision is ok

Neabasketballfan17

I don't think Lions parents are as upset about that play as they are about Rivercrest #2 coming up to him and blatantly poking him in the cut when he came back on the floor taped up.  Also seen a video of a Rivercrest player (#2 again) walking up to Lions #10 and slapping him in the face for no reason during a inbound situation.  You can see him look to see if the official is looking then just slapping him.  It that case the video for sure doesn't lie!!! 

NEA Razorback olfan

December 18, 2017, 01:53:50 pm #38 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:55:51 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Not my teams, wasn't there,
But I would never take up for a dirty player on any Brookland team , my son or not. I would be failing my son if I did.
Discipline has to start at home, not on the court.

Good luck to the Lions and Colts!!

cannon

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 18, 2017, 01:53:50 pm
Not my teams, wasn't there,
But I would never take up for a dirty player on any Brookland team , my son or not. I would be failing my son if I did.
Discipline has to start at home, not on the court.

I remember my daughter getting tangled up with another girl and going to the floor the summer after her 5th grade year.  While she was there, my daughter decided to kick the kid in the head.  I said nothing, at the time.  When she came off the court, I heard Hoffman (Spencer, the Riverside girls' coach) say "did you kick that girl?"  My kid dropped her head and admitted that she did.  She did push-ups for the next quarter.  When we got in the car after the game, I informed her that she wouldn't be playing in the next game, knowing full well how much the kid likes to play.  She hasn't repeated that error in judgment since. 

No place for that crap on the court.  It starts with the parents and continues though to the coaches.  If they can't get that under control, their kids shouldn't be playing and the coaches shouldn't be coaching.  From what I've read and heard, this is becoming a fairly common occurrence with at least one of those teams.  Time for someone to step in and put a leash on the situation. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on December 18, 2017, 02:01:28 pm
I remember my daughter getting tangled up with another girl and going to the floor the summer after her 5th grade year.  While she was there, my daughter decided to kick the kid in the head.  I said nothing, at the time.  When she came off the court, I heard Hoffman (Spencer, the Riverside girls' coach) say "did you kick that girl?"  My kid dropped her head and admitted that she did.  She did push-ups for the next quarter.  When we got in the car after the game, I informed her that she wouldn't be playing in the next game, knowing full well how much the kid likes to play.  She hasn't repeated that error in judgment since. 

No place for that crap on the court.  It starts with the parents and continues though to the coaches.  If they can't get that under control, their kids shouldn't be playing and the coaches shouldn't be coaching.  From what I've read and heard, this is becoming a fairly common occurrence with at least one of those teams.  Time for someone to step in and put a leash on the situation.

I respect you very much Cannon, that is very hard to do for some parents, too many are more concerned about how many points , rebounds and wins instead of building character.

JacketDad

I haven't seen where anyone posted the score or who won.  Can someone enlighten us?

NEA Razorback olfan

870baller15

Quote from: Neabasketballfan17 on December 18, 2017, 01:48:35 pm
I don't think Lions parents are as upset about that play as they are about Rivercrest #2 coming up to him and blatantly poking him in the cut when he came back on the floor taped up.  Also seen a video of a Rivercrest player (#2 again) walking up to Lions #10 and slapping him in the face for no reason during a inbound situation.  You can see him look to see if the official is looking then just slapping him.  It that case the video for sure doesn't lie!!!

I have seen that video as well NEA, proof is in the pudding.

NEA Razorback olfan

I have nothing against either team,  I know they both play extremely hard and are very talented.
Extremely proud of the Colts for winning their State Football Championship !!!

Great for local teams to do well in post season!!

luxora4life

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 18, 2017, 01:16:26 pm
Only one problem , to push your hands go in, to punch your hand goes back.
That's just common sense

But I agree , I believe it was a reaction , the way they both got up, and no further activity went on , both players stopped escalating the situation any further at that time.

I was not there, did not talk to the players ,  And do not know the intent of the players , but no one with common sense and has actually seen a punch and or headlock can say what transpired in the video looks like anything but.

And you can see #4 get pushed into #2 by colt player..
9-10 viewers that have no kid on the teams would say the same thing, as long as their vision is ok
[/quotes

common sense Or your brain telling your eyes to look for a punch that someone else stated that it was a punch.  Let me try:  #2 is a right handed person, natural instinct would have been to throw a right handed punch from his initial position before #4 grab him trying to hold himself up.

That why the word push wasn't used.  He actually said he was going to throw him off of him.  Yes 4 was pushed into #2 by RC #35 who was push by Manila #14 which you failed to mention. 

NEA Razorback olfan

December 18, 2017, 03:09:26 pm #46 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:14:36 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Lux,
I agree with you, it was a scrum for a loose ball, only thing in question was if #2 was pushing or punching,  the way they both got up and nothing escalated was good ...after that I have no idea,  only the players on the floor truely knew their intent . From video it looked like a punch, which could have been at the ball, but ended up around his head, which we all agreed on.  But #2 was clearly behind the player #4 , which usually results in a foul when there is contact.
Which I'm sure if it was your talented daughter with the loose ball #4,  and the other team #2 did the same thing , you would want a foul called.

Neabasketballfan17

Well one thing is for sure nobody pushed him at half court when he poked him in the cut or at the free throw line when he slapped one of our players in the face.  I would love to post those videos but I am sure they are getting sent to AAA as we speak. 

luxora4life

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 18, 2017, 03:09:26 pm
Lux,
I agree with you, it was a scrum for a loose ball, only thing in question was if #2 was pushing or punching,  the way they both got up and nothing escalated was good ...after that I have no idea,  only the players on the floor truely knew their intent . From video it looked like a punch, which could have been at the ball, but ended up around his head, which we all agreed on.  But #2 was clearly behind the player #4 , which usually results in a foul when there is contact.
Which I'm sure if it was your talented daughter with the loose ball #4,  and the other team #2 did the same thing , you would want a foul called.

That much better.  Bye the way, my son came home with pinch marks all over his stomach.  You don't see anybody question Manila's players/coach class. 

Do you not find it strange that these incidents occurs with Manila every year.  And no one with common sense would think these incidents are cause by Rivercest's Players/coaches only.  How many times have you heard of a Rivercrest player punching someone on the court.  But yet this misinformed person (870baller) come on here question a Rivercrest Class instead of calling it what it was - A Loose Ball Pile Up.

870baller15

Quote from: luxora4life on December 18, 2017, 04:40:45 pm
That much better.  Bye the way, my son came home with pinch marks all over his stomach.  You don't see anybody question Manila's players/coach class. 

Do you not find it strange that these incidents occurs with Manila every year.  And no one with common sense would think these incidents are cause by Rivercest's Players/coaches only.  How many times have you heard of a Rivercrest player punching someone on the court.  But yet this misinformed person (870baller) come on here question a Rivercrest Class instead of calling it what it was - A Loose Ball Pile Up.

Ive never thrown punches or put anyone in a headlock trying to get a loose ball.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas