• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a State predictions

Started by Panthers44, May 11, 2016, 09:36:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Panthers44

Panthers44

Can Bald Knob got undefeated?

1-Adam-12

Provided both teams win their first round games, the 2nd round game between BK and Booneville has a potentially great pitching matchup with Humes vs. Ross.

But they can't overlook their 1st round opponents.  Smackover is going to be fired up getting BK in their backyard, and Manila sprang an upset (of Smackover) in Round 1 of state last year, so Booneville can't take them lightly.

3 Dollar

No one will touch Hairless Door Handle.  Rose Bud might get close!

BLUEBLOOD

I think this tournament will be very exciting.......except for where BK is concerned.  They are the cream of the crop.  They will win it all and complete their undefeated season.

lambchop

Looks like two one seeds have run ruled so far. Atkins was 13-3 over Melbourne and BK 10-0 over smackover. Not sure if other scores. If Atkins can get through bald knob, I think it'll be them and BK in the final. They don't have the power pitcher, but she is quite good and they gave a great defense behind her as well as bats. Freshman hit a grand slam in today's game.

1-Adam-12

Booneville (5-2 over Manila) and BK (10-0 over Smackover) do their jobs. 

Ross had 17 K's, and Davis hit a big home run.

Atkins beat Melbourne 13-3.  Rose Bud also won I think it was 11-1.

XFalkonz

Genoa Central 15
Perryville 0

Panthers44

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on May 12, 2016, 01:00:10 am
Provided both teams win their first round games, the 2nd round game between BK and Booneville has a potentially great pitching matchup with Humes vs. Ross.

But they can't overlook their 1st round opponents.  Smackover is going to be fired up getting BK in their backyard, and Manila sprang an upset (of Smackover) in Round 1 of state last year, so Booneville can't take them lightly.
Will this be a good matchup for Bald Knob? You think it will a pitching duel?

1-Adam-12

Region 1 went 3-1.  In addition to the Booneville and Atkins wins, Lamar beat Rivercrest 21-0 and Paris was nipped by Piggott 6-5.

Ross has been pitching extremely well lately. Question will be if Booneville's D will be ready because BK will be putting the ball in play more.  I certainly don't expect Ross to hang up 17 K's like today against a team like BK, though I feel she'll get her share.

I said it has the potential to be a duel, and it does. We'll see.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: XFalkonz on May 12, 2016, 05:18:47 pm
Genoa Central 15
Perryville 0

GC playing well at the right time.  If they advance to semis tomorrow it will be against a very good team (BK or Booneville).  Rose Bud looks to be the team to beat off top of bracket.

Bwana

Bald Knob-12
FINAL
Booneville-0

Panthers44

Quote from: Bwana on May 13, 2016, 01:12:39 pm
Bald Knob-12
FINAL
Booneville-0
i think Bald Knob proved they are that good today or Booneville wasn't as good as people thought!

1-Adam-12

Quote from: Panthers44 on May 13, 2016, 01:36:19 pm
i think Bald Knob proved they are that good today or Booneville wasn't as good as people thought!

I will go with the former.

Our regular 2B was out sick, causing us to have to play girls out of position, but I don't think that would have made any difference.

If our SS catches that pop up with 2 out in the 2nd, who knows.  BK was relentless and turned it into 5 runs and it was just a slippery slope from there.  Bald Knob is a well deserved #1 team in the state.

Ross deserved better in her final game.  She has had a career the likes of which Booneville will probably never see again.

Good luck to the Lady Bulldogs, go on and take state now.

XFalkonz

mustanglion73

BHG 4, Piggot 0. 

Rosebud vs. BHG rematch in one semifinal

BK vs. GC in the other semifinal

Rosebud vs BHG will be another great game..

justin1a2

that first one is a toss up but either one is playing for 2nd in my opinion but Rose Bud has played them close in 2 out of 4 games

Panthers44

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on May 13, 2016, 01:55:42 pm
I will go with the former.

Our regular 2B was out sick, causing us to have to play girls out of position, but I don't think that would have made any difference.

If our SS catches that pop up with 2 out in the 2nd, who knows.  BK was relentless and turned it into 5 runs and it was just a slippery slope from there.  Bald Knob is a well deserved #1 team in the state.

Ross deserved better in her final game.  She has had a career the likes of which Booneville will probably never see again.

Good luck to the Lady Bulldogs, go on and take state now.
I know Booneville is a better team than they showed today from watching them in 4a a few years ago! Bald Knob has beaten alot of good teams like this all year!
Adam sorry your pitcher had to go out that way but i can tell she's improved alot over years!

mustanglion73

REALLY hate that I am not there for the BHG vs Rosebud game.....

Any updates? I think that might be the game of the day statewide.

mustanglion73

Rosebud 2, BHG 1  Final

I knew it would be a gem.  Setting up for yet another Rosebud vs. BK matchup for 3A title.  I smell a 3peat coming!

mustanglion73

Bald Knob 6, Genoa Central 0 in the 4th....

SBALL

Bald Knob over GC 8-0

Bald Knob out scoring opponents 30-0 and only giving up 2 hits so far in State Tournament. 35-0 on season

Redwolves8526

Quote from: SBALL on May 14, 2016, 10:07:25 pm
Bald Knob over GC 8-0

Bald Knob out scoring opponents 30-0 and only giving up 2 hits so far in State Tournament. 35-0 on season

That's incredible. Wow

1-Adam-12

BK is one amazing team.

The one word I associate with them is relentless.  Once they have you down there is no letup. I don't think our girls have anything to hang their head about.

Genoa must have been no-hit, because I know we and Smackover each got a single hit off Humes.

XFalkonz

jacosportsfreak

May 16, 2016, 05:51:24 pm #25 Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 06:08:03 pm by jacosportsfreak
  It was scored an error.

WPWells

If it was on an error then it wasn't a single

jacosportsfreak

fastpitchcoach0104

There were two instances where the ball was not fielded cleanly and resulted with a runner at first. The first one was the bunt that the catcher dove for, caught on a hop and was unable to get to her feet to make a throw in time. IMO was an error. There was also a hard shot up the middle in the 7th that Humes was able to knock down with her glove but it was too hard of a shot for her to field and ended up being rolled towards short stop. That was a hit. Humes did a good job of getting a glove to it fast enough to stop it from going up the middle, but I would not charge her with an error for knocking a base hit to the ground.

jacosportsfreak

May 17, 2016, 10:11:27 am #29 Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:40:54 am by jacosportsfreak

That's exactly why you can't rely on stats.  Some would say it was an error, which would keep the no hitter intact; others would say exactly what you said, which would take away the no hitter. 

LowerAR

The stats would say she pitched a dominate game, period. People like to throw out terms that mean little or nothing. There probably were some plays made for her that helped her out, but it comes out to a pitcher that pitched a great game and gave her team the chance to win. If she is the kind of player I've heard then that is what matters.       

jacosportsfreak

She's everything advertised!!

1-Adam-12

Quote from: fastpitchcoach0104 on May 17, 2016, 09:10:18 am
There were two instances where the ball was not fielded cleanly and resulted with a runner at first. The first one was the bunt that the catcher dove for, caught on a hop and was unable to get to her feet to make a throw in time. IMO was an error. There was also a hard shot up the middle in the 7th that Humes was able to knock down with her glove but it was too hard of a shot for her to field and ended up being rolled towards short stop. That was a hit. Humes did a good job of getting a glove to it fast enough to stop it from going up the middle, but I would not charge her with an error for knocking a base hit to the ground.

I would agree with the scoring of both plays. 

Ours was no question.  Our batter hit a sharp grounder between 3B and SS that got through untouched.

I have no problem saying that Humes is the real deal after watching her pitch.

mustanglion73

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on May 17, 2016, 04:36:14 pm
I would agree with the scoring of both plays. 

Ours was no question.  Our batter hit a sharp grounder between 3B and SS that got through untouched.

I have no problem saying that Humes is the real deal after watching her pitch.

From someone that has seen her for several years, she is the best in the state in any classification. Not just as a pitcher, but she swings a pretty dang good stick too! Its all someones opinion, but after what she has accomplished who could argue?

mustanglion73

1-0 BK in the 7th. Just need 1 out!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas