• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 4A-South @ Nashville

Started by Brian G, February 23, 2014, 12:32:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarhawg

~WPS~

I will since you can't give me any good reason not to.

hawgfan15

Quote from: arkiebass on March 02, 2014, 07:15:56 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on March 02, 2014, 07:01:36 pm
Going back to my statement before about the whole conference being weak. I'm still standing by that to a certain point. Due to the regional results it's obvious that I would say the 8 is weak, at least weaker than the 7, since only one team could beat a 7 team and a 7 team won it. And Monticello is by far the best team in the conference.

The 8 is like the SEC. We beat each other up during the year, but our best is THE BEST!

OH Monitcello beat CAC in the championship game? Yeah no they lost that game bud. SO therefore 7-4A's best is THE BEST!

Why make all of these excuses about injuries, venue, and Mcdonald's stealing your shoes?? Bottom line, as Ballplayer1 said, Monticello and 8-4A didn't live up to the high expectations. Better luck next year

Billie Blue

I'd be willing to bet that 2 if not 3 of the 7-4A boys teams will be put out of state before the lone 8-4A team does

horsepower1324

Quote from: Billie Blue on March 03, 2014, 10:16:38 am
I'd be willing to bet that 2 if not 3 of the 7-4A boys teams will be put out of state before the lone 8-4A team does

Considering that 1 team got a bye, there's a decent chance of that happening statistically anyway.

PASS

I love people who can argue a point, no matter what the facts say. 7-4A puts 3 girls & 3 boys teams in state tourney. 8-4A puts 2. You can argue all you want. Fact is that 7-4A was better this year from top to bottom.

NEA Razorback olfan

Hey Pass , if our girls get by pg we have CAC, what do you think about that Match up?

PASS

2 of the top 5 teams meeting in the round of 8. Tough draw for both teams. I think Brookland is more balanced but CAC has Jones in the middle. I think Brookland by 2.

Bulldog92

It is what it is with where the regionals are going to be played.  There are only two gyms in the 8-4A that can hold the tournament so until more schools in the district step up and build better facilities there is no sense in arguing the point of why we are going to the 7-4A to play it.  By the way to you Nashville folks that is one nice gym you have, be proud that your community supports the programs like they do.  Before I say what I am about to Star City didn't play well enough to beat CAC, just want that made clear.  I wish that they would split the crews of officials up and send them to other regionals.  I don't believe that officials from only that part of the state should have done the tournament.  I would say the same if the regionals were held over on this side of the state as well. 

PASS

I will go a step further. AAA should assign ALL officials for playoff games. There needs to be a grading system put in place for officials & only the top ones get to call post season. I know it will NEVER happen, but until there is some reform of how officials are assigned, you are going to continue to get biased officiating. There is ZERO accountability for referees. You do a bad job, it doesn't matter. You still get to referee playlets if you know the right people.

THE D.O.C

March 04, 2014, 06:00:11 pm #160 Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:05:30 pm by THE D.O.C
I'll take it even further, referees should not only be graded but rewarded. Should be a promotion based evaluation process in place which will allow them to be considered for NAIA through NCAA. I think the current process is they're evaluated at the big tournaments AAU tournaments such as Boo Williams in VA and Battle of Boro in TN. I think high school should have  similar process. With that you should see refs caring about the calls they make.

Bulldog92

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: PASS on March 04, 2014, 05:24:19 pm
I will go a step further. AAA should assign ALL officials for playoff games. There needs to be a grading system put in place for officials & only the top ones get to call post season. I know it will NEVER happen, but until there is some reform of how officials are assigned, you are going to continue to get biased officiating. There is ZERO accountability for referees. You do a bad job, it doesn't matter. You still get to referee playlets if you know the right people.

That's a good premise, but the problem there is that the people that would do the grading are always somebody's "buddy" and would give their friends favorable reviews, therefore it would still be who you know.

Bulldog92

There needs to be a committee set up by the AAA that coaches can turn officials in for review.  Today there is probably not a game that is not being filmed.  A committee of a mix of AD's, ex-coaches, retired officials, etc. that can examine the footage and render some type of penalty to the individual official or the crew.  Maybe that will help break up that old "buddy" system.

Big Fan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 05, 2014, 08:13:26 am
it would still be who you know.
I'm sure you have been around long enough to realize this is true in all aspects of life. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Big Fan on March 05, 2014, 09:04:38 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 05, 2014, 08:13:26 am
it would still be who you know.
I'm sure you have been around long enough to realize this is true in all aspects of life.

That was my point, it doesn't matter what "system" you try to come up with, it will still be flawed.

Bulldog92

They have been discussing this issue in Killer Crossover. Sounds bad but I am glad that it seems to be a problem everywhere and not just down in the southern part of the state where a majority of the schools are in the smaller classifications.

mossflyer

Quote from: Bulldog92 on March 05, 2014, 08:27:53 am
There needs to be a committee set up by the AAA that coaches can turn officials in for review.  Today there is probably not a game that is not being filmed.  A committee of a mix of AD's, ex-coaches, retired officials, etc. that can examine the footage and render some type of penalty to the individual official or the crew.  Maybe that will help break up that old "buddy" system.
This would be a full time job. 

Eagle20

They can't even come to a punishment decision for the official that took the game away from the Arkansas Baptist girls vs Nashville in districts.  He called a girl over the line on a game winning free throw with two seconds on the clock.  It was a totally bogus call as video and still pic evidence backs up, he was not the referee assigned to look at that during the free throw and made the call from almost halfcourt.  His reasoning for making the call was that he did not feel that foul should have been called  for her to be at the line and he was trying to make up for it.  That confession is backed up by emails from the other 2 officials and the crew assigner for that district tournament.  Talk about messing with the integrity of the game. The AAA has reviewed it and the ref called at Benton Harmony Grove last week and is scheduled to call at the 4A state tourney.  Doesn't make any sense to me.

mossflyer

Quote from: Eagle20 on March 05, 2014, 08:13:31 pm
They can't even come to a punishment decision for the official that took the game away from the Arkansas Baptist girls vs Nashville in districts.  He called a girl over the line on a game winning free throw with two seconds on the clock.  It was a totally bogus call as video and still pic evidence backs up, he was not the referee assigned to look at that during the free throw and made the call from almost halfcourt.  His reasoning for making the call was that he did not feel that foul should have been called  for her to be at the line and he was trying to make up for it.  That confession is backed up by emails from the other 2 officials and the crew assigner for that district tournament.  Talk about messing with the integrity of the game. The AAA has reviewed it and the ref called at Benton Harmony Grove last week and is scheduled to call at the 4A state tourney.  Doesn't make any sense to me.
Wow...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas