• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 4A-South @ Nashville

Started by Brian G, February 23, 2014, 12:32:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Final seeding TBD

Games start at 4:00 on Wed

Brian G

February 23, 2014, 12:32:38 pm #1 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:55:29 pm by HF
Boys

2/26 - Wednesday
Game 2:  (1st 7) CAC vs (4th 8 ) Warren - 5:30
Game 4:  (1st 8 ) Monticello vs (4th 7) Arkadelphia - 8:30

2/27 - Thursday
Game 6:  (2nd 8 ) Dumas vs (3rd 7) Bauxite - 5:30
Game 8:  (2nd 7) Nashville vs (3rd 8 ) Hamburg - 8:30

2/28 - Friday
Game 10:  CAC vs Winner Game 6 - 5:30
Game 12: Monticello vs Winner Game 8 - 8:30

3/1 - Saturday
3rd Place Game:  Loser Game 10 vs Loser Game 12 - 1:30
Championship Game:  Winner Game 10 vs Winner Game 12 - 7:30

Girls

2/26 - Wednesday
Game 1:  (1st 7) Malvern vs (4th 8 ) Warren - 4:00
Game 3:  (1st 8 ) Star City vs (4th 7) Bauxite - 7:00

2/27 - Thursday
Game 5:  (2nd 8 ) Dumas vs (3rd 7) Nashville - 4:00
Game 7:  (2nd 7) CAC vs (3rd 8 ) Crossett - 7:00

2/28 - Friday
Game 9:  Malvern vs Winner Game 5 - 4:00
Game 11:  Star City vs Winner Game 7 - 7:00

3/1 - Saturday
3rd Place Game:  Loser Game 9 vs Loser Game 11 - 12:00
Championship Game:  Winner Game 9 vs Winner Game 11 - 6:00

krh15ark

Nip/Tusk

There is one more game to be played tomorrow befor seeding is set I believe.

lsoprano

Interesting match-up in the first round loser goes home any thoughts on who wins this game?

Bulldog92

On the girl side Malvern, Star City, and CAC move on to play Friday.  The Dumas/Nashville game I am not sure about.  Dumas is athletic but Nashville is playing at home and in the post season that means a lot! It should be a good game.

centralarkansasbasketball

I think the Bauxite Dumas game will be a good one.

sideliner

Hope I can get down there to see Malvern play! Great team!!

~WPS~

Nashville's girls aren't a good shooting team but they play very good defense.

THE D.O.C

~WPS~

February 25, 2014, 09:32:28 pm #10 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 12:27:58 pm by Ballplayer1
I'll take a shot at this and give my thoughts on each game.

Boys
CAC/Warren - CAC plays smart basketball and very good defense. They take you out of your element and make you play their style. They are picking up steam and are hot. I expect them to continue that. CAC by 10.

Dumas/Bauxite - Bauxite has played well lately entering district as a 6 seed and exiting as the 3. Losing the PG hurts. If the other guards can step up and help Madison then Bauxite could come away with a win. Dumas by 5.

Monticello/Arkadelphia - Usually a 1 vs 4 game isn't the highlight of the tournament, but Arkadelphia is not your normal 4 seed. Regular season champions, they were without two starters in the district tournament. With these two back it provides a huge threat for Monticello. I think Arkadelphia hangs close, but Monticello will pull away at the end. Monticello by 8.

Nashville/Hamburg - Nashville is playing it's best at the right time of year, knocking off Arkadelphia in a thriller to get here, struggled against CAC's defense. Nashville plays fast, transition, and go inside often, the goal to get as close to the rim. 5 of the 8 conference games Hamburg won were by 3 points or less. Both teams appear to finish games well. This one should come down to the end.  Nashville by 2.

Girls
Malvern/Warren - Nobody wanted to get 4th and face Malvern. They're on track the win another title. Malvern comes out and knocks you down early and never let's you become a threat in the game again. Malvern by 25.

Dumas/Nashville - This will probably be the best game of the first round. Nashville plays good enough defense to make up for the average at best offense. They are the only team in Arkansas to hold Malvern under 40 points. If Dumas can beat the fast defense then they come out with a win. A high scoring game favors Dumas, a low scoring game favors Nashville. Nashville by 1.

Star City/Bauxite - Bauxite will put up a fight but I don't see it being enough to beat an always good, well coached Star City team. I can see it being close through the 1st half, but Star City will pull away. Star City by 15.

CAC/Crossett - I think Crossett's speed will give CAC some trouble. CAC must limit the turnovers and not beat themselves. This one could come down to the wire. CAC by 5.

Feel free to chime in. I'm not that informed on 8-4A teams, would love to hear what an 8-4A fan thought about the games.

~WPS~

Since there's no schedule on this thread......

Boys

2/26 - Wednesday
Game 2:  (1st 7) CAC vs (4th 8 ) Warren - 5:30
Game 4:  (1st 8 ) Monticello vs (4th 7) Arkadelphia - 8:30

2/27 - Thursday
Game 6:  (2nd 8 ) Dumas vs (3rd 7) Bauxite - 5:30
Game 8:  (2nd 7) Nashville vs (3rd 8 ) Hamburg - 8:30

2/28 - Friday
Game 10:  Winner Game 2 vs Winner Game 6 - 5:30
Game 12:  Winner Game 4 vs Winner Game 8 - 8:30

3/1 - Saturday
3rd Place Game:  Loser Game 10 vs Loser Game 12 - 1:30
Championship Game:  Winner Game 10 vs Winner Game 12 - 7:30

Girls

2/26 - Wednesday
Game 1:  (1st 7) Malvern vs (4th 8 ) Warren - 4:00
Game 3:  (1st 8 ) Star City vs (4th 7) Bauxite - 7:00

2/27 - Thursday
Game 5:  (2nd 8 ) Dumas vs (3rd 7) Nashville - 4:00
Game 7:  (2nd 7) CAC vs (3rd 8 ) Crossett - 7:00

2/28 - Friday
Game 9:  Winner Game 1 vs Winner Game 5 - 4:00
Game 11:  Winner Game 3 vs Winner Game 7 - 7:00

3/1 - Saturday
3rd Place Game:  Loser Game 9 vs Loser Game 11 - 12:00
Championship Game:  Winner Game 9 vs Winner Game 11 - 6:00

Brian G

Thank you.  Just now home where I could do it.

Bulldog92

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 25, 2014, 09:32:28 pm

Boys
CAC/Warren - CAC plays smart basketball and very good defense. They take you out of your element and make you play their style. They are picking up steam and are hot. I expect them to continue that. CAC by 10.

Dumas/Bauxite - Bauxite has played well lately entering district as a 6 seed and exiting as the 3. Losing the PG hurts. If the other guards can step up and help Madison then Bauxite could come away with a win. Dumas by 5.

Monticello/Arkadelphia - Usually a 1 vs 4 game isn't the highlight of the tournament, but Arkadelphia is not your normal 4 seed. Regular season champions, they were without two starters in the district tournament. With this two back it provides a huge threat for Monticello. I think Arkadelphia hangs close, but Monticello will pull away at the end. Monticello by 8.

Nashville/Hamburg - Nashville is playing it's best at the right time of year, knocking off Arkadelphia in a thriller to get here, struggled against CAC's defense. Nashville plays fast, transition, and go inside often, the goal to get as close to the rim. 5 of the 8 conference games Hamburg won were by 3 points or less. Both teams appear to finish games well. This one should come down to the end.  Nashville by 2.

Girls
Malvern/Warren - Nobody wanted to get 4th and face Malvern. They're on track the win another title. Malvern comes out and knocks you down early and never let's you become a threat in the game again. Malvern by 25.

Dumas/Nashville - This will probably be the best game of the first round. Nashville plays good enough defense to make up for the average at best offense. They are the only team in Arkansas to hold Malvern under 40 points. If Dunas can beat the fast defense then they come out with a win. A high scoring game favors Dumas, a low scoring game favors Nashville. Nashville by 1.

Star City/Bauxite - Bauxite will put up a fight but I don't seeing it being enough to beat an always good, well coached Star City team. I can see it being close through the 1st half, but Star City will pull away. Star City by 15.

CAC/Crossett - I think Crossett's speed will give CAC some trouble. CAC must limit the turnovers and not beat themselves. This one could come down to the wire. CAC by 5.

Feel free to chime in. I'm not that informed on 8-4A teams, would love to hear what an 8-4A fan thought about the games.

BallPlayer on the girls side of things I cant disagree with anything you said.  Like you on the 8-4A I haven't seen any of the 7-4A teams play.  I have seen pretty much the same Malvern team the past two years in regionals and looking at their record this year I expect them to be as strong as ever. SC will be able to hold their own for the most part, but you never know they are kids so we will see.  Dumas is athletic with two girls that can shoot and handle the ball and they also have a big girl on the inside that is strong but Nasville is at home.  Crossett is very athletic and fast just hope they stay under control and they might be able to give CAC a run for their money.  Warren has a girl that can score at will and has proven it this year big fast and can handle the basketball, but I wouldn't be shocked if it is more like Malvern by at least 30. Looking forward to tonight and getting this tournament started.  I have seen a few teams from up north play earlier before conference started and I fill like the top two will be able to hold their own against them when they get to state.  Should be a good Regional safe travels to everyone and good luck to the eight teams.   

mightymustangs1

Will any of these games be broadcast online or on the radio?

~WPS~

PASS

Girls predictions:

Star City by 26
Malvern by 38
CAC by 12
Nasville by 8

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

beatdrum

Quote from: PASS on February 26, 2014, 03:39:45 pm
Girls predictions:

Star City by 26
Malvern by 38
CAC by 12
Nasville by 8

Nailed it

~WPS~

PASS

Quote from: PASS on February 26, 2014, 03:39:45 pm
Girls predictions:

Star City by 26
Malvern by 38
CAC by 12
Nasville by 8
I nailed the first one!!!!!

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

February 26, 2014, 06:49:44 pm #27 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:57:52 pm by Ballplayer1

EDIT: Just got confirmation there is 1 starter suspended for Monticello.
This could give the edge to Arkadelphia.

~WPS~

Girls

Star City 16
Bauxite 5
End 1st

~WPS~

It looks like the Nashville radio crew is doing even games not involving Nashville.

Southwestarkansasradio.com

~WPS~

Girls

Star City 25
Bauxite 13
Halftime

~WPS~

Girls

Star City 40
Bauxite 18
End 3rd

~WPS~

~WPS~

Boys

Arkadelphia 16
Monticello 13
End 1st

hogfan10

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 26, 2014, 06:49:44 pm

EDIT: Just got confirmation there is 1 starter suspended for Monticello.
This could give the edge to Arkadelphia.

Does Arkadelphia have all it's starters back for this game? My understanding was that one kid was suspeded for district (playing tonight), and one kid has/had a broken hand.

~WPS~

The one that was suspended is back. Not sure about the other one.

~WPS~

Boys

Arkadelphia 34
Monticello 34
Halftime

~WPS~

Boys

Monticello 49
Arkadelphia 47
End 3rd

~WPS~

Arkadelphia 62
Monticello 61
19 seconds left

~WPS~

Boys

Monticello 63
Arkadelphia 62
Final

Monticello with the game winning layup with 5 seconds left, right after Arkadelphia took the lead on an "and 1". Heck of a game!!

~WPS~

Wednesday Scores

Girls - Malvern 85, Warren 47
Boys - CAC 44, Warren 33
Girls - Star City 49, Bauxite 29
Boys - Monticello 63, Arkadelphia 62

Thursday Schedule

Girls - Dumas vs Nashville, 4:00
Boys - Dumas vs Bauxite, 5:30
Girls - CAC vs Crossett, 7:00
Boys - Nashville vs Hamburg, 8:30

Billie Blue

we pulled out a sqweaker tonight wasn't there but listened on the radio sound like if we would have made our free throws wouldn't have been close we are playing with a lot of adversity and emotions now with a starter suspened more than likely for rest of season but robertson showed up by being the lone sr. now we will have a tough one next if nashville beats hamburg being that the scrappers will be on there home court

arkiebass

Boys

Dumas/Bauxite - Bauxite has played well lately entering district as a 6 seed and exiting as the 3. Losing the PG hurts. If the other guards can step up and help Madison then Bauxite could come away with a win. Dumas by 5

Girls

Dumas/Nashville - This will probably be the best game of the first round. Nashville plays good enough defense to make up for the average at best offense. They are the only team in Arkansas to hold Malvern under 40 points. If Dumas can beat the fast defense then they come out with a win. A high scoring game favors Dumas, a low scoring game favors Nashville. Nashville by 1.

Here's my take.

Boys:

Dumas/Bauxite
Dumas as real simple game. Inside then back out. They have a beast of a center who weighs probably 330lbs but is very quick on his feet and doesn't seem to tire. If you can shut him down, you win. Dumas by 14.

Nashville/Hburg

Having played Nashville in a Christmas tourny, I wasn't impressed. I know it was early for them, but without a starter, we handled them pretty easily. Hburg has a stud back that hasn't played all season. He's one of their best. Without him Nashville had a chance. With him Hburg will win by 20.

Girls

Dumas/Nashville

Nashville all the way. Dumas has size, but tire easily and their bench is weak. Start out fast and Nashville rolls by 20. Come out tentative and Nashville wins by 7.

Cac/Crossett

This one is tough. Crossett is fast. Very fast. They can shoot lights out, but they shoot a lot of horrible shots that are no where near going in. They are do fast, that they usually get the rebound and put back. If Crossett hits from outside, they win. If the don't, they lose. I will take Crossett by 4.

hawgfan15

I have a hard time seeing Nashville's boys winning tonight but with it being on their home court they have a chance. Arguably their best player, a 9th grader, just started playing two weeks ago and has made a huge impact on this team. Hamburg better be physical in the paint because that is this Nashville teams bread and butter.

arkiebass

February 27, 2014, 11:53:06 am #44 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:54:37 am by arkiebass
Quote from: hawgfan15 on February 27, 2014, 09:49:51 am
I have a hard time seeing Nashville's boys winning tonight but with it being on their home court they have a chance. Arguably their best player, a 9th grader, just started playing two weeks ago and has made a huge impact on this team. Hamburg better be physical in the paint because that is this Nashville teams bread and butter.

Hburg has 2 tall inside guys. Neither are real physical, but teams haven't been able to pound the ball inside on them. When we played Nashville, we scored at will inside. Nashville didn't have any size so our 6'4 forward scored 32 points by driving the lane. Our 6'8 center shut them down on the inside. We were down by 13 at the half and won by 10. But it was Nashville's first few games of the season. I know the Hburg coach scouted them during the Arkadelphia game and came away impressed.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: arkiebass on February 27, 2014, 08:50:36 am

Boys

Dumas/Bauxite - Bauxite has played well lately entering district as a 6 seed and exiting as the 3. Losing the PG hurts. If the other guards can step up and help Madison then Bauxite could come away with a win. Dumas by 5

Girls

Here's my take.

Boys:

Dumas/Bauxite
Dumas as real simple game. Inside then back out. They have a beast of a center who weighs probably 330lbs but is very quick on his feet and doesn't seem to tire. If you can shut him down, you win. Dumas by 14.

Nashville/Hburg

Having played Nashville in a Christmas tourny, I wasn't impressed. I know it was early for them, but without a starter, we handled them pretty easily. Hburg has a stud back that hasn't played all season. He's one of their best. Without him Nashville had a chance. With him Hburg will win by 20.

Girls

Dumas/Nashville

Nashville all the way. Dumas has size, but tire easily and their bench is weak. Start out fast and Nashville rolls by 20. Come out tentative and Nashville wins by 7.

Cac/Crossett

This one is tough. Crossett is fast. Very fast. They can shoot lights out, but they shoot a lot of horrible shots that are no where near going in. They are do fast, that they usually get the rebound and put back. If Crossett hits from outside, they win. If the don't, they lose. I will take Crossett by 4.
can't see CAC losing today based on both teams schedule, CAC should win by 12+. Miller, Jones and Butler are solid players

Bulldog92

CAC probably has played a better schedule and should win the game but this is the post season.  If Crossett will stay in the game mentally they have the athletic ability to make it a good game.  If CAC takes it to them and gets them frustrated they will beat Crossett by ten plus if they don't Crossett will make it interesting.  I would like to see that Dumas/Nashville game I imagine it will be the best game in the first round.  I'm pulling for Dumas but Nashville at home will be tough to beat. 

~WPS~

~WPS~

Girls

Nashville 18
Dumas 17
Halftime

~WPS~

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas