• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 1-3A @ Atkins

Started by 3 Dollar, May 01, 2016, 03:11:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

This one presents one particular dominant conference over the other usually.  However, I see maybe one coming out of the 1 West-3A conference.

1-Adam-12

Agree. The winner of 1-West has a chance to advance over the #4 in the 4.  But I think Booneville, Atkins and Paris send the other three schools packing, and not for Smackover.  The LadyCats and Lady Red Devils in particular should dominate.

bird dog

1-Adam-12

May 03, 2016, 01:27:08 pm #3 Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:10:13 pm by 1-Adam-12
Seedings: 

1W

1.  West Fork
2.  Greenland
3.  Elkins
4.  Lavaca

1. Booneville
2. Atkins
3. Paris
4. Lamar

1-Adam-12

May 05, 2016, 04:48:49 pm #5 Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:09:08 pm by 1-Adam-12
So far a clean sweep for the 4.

Lamar 6 WF 5 in 8
Atkins 9 Elkins 1
Booneville 5 Lavaca 0 (Ross no-hitter with 15 K's)

1-Adam-12

Paris makes it a 4-3a clean sweep with 3-2 win in 8 over Greenland.

1-Adam-12

Semis

Atkins 10 Lamar 3
Booneville 10 Paris 0 (Ross walk-off HR, no-hitter, 12k; McClung also homered)

Atkins/Booneville 2:30 tomorrow, Lamar/Paris noon.

Statkeeper

Lamar 14
Paris 1

Finals:
Atkins 1
Booneville 0

1-Adam-12

That final was one heck of a softball game if you like pitching.  Both Webb and Ross were brilliant in their own way.  Ross was doing her usual thing on strikeouts (she had 14) while Webb was forcing a lot of ground balls, usually right at a fielder.

The Atkins SS made two brilliant plays and their LF saved what would have been a sure double, perhaps a triple in the 7th (the girl who hit it is a fast runner).  Even more important was that our next batter singled, which probably would have meant a run had the LF not caught the ball.

Credit to Atkins, they took the one opportunity they had and scored the run.  The play was (very) close on the steal, but the ump called her safe and I'll leave it there.  Miscommunication between our LF and SS resulted in the dropped fly ball.

Ross was unbelievable.  In three regional games she only gave up one hit and struck out 41.  But bad luck bit her today.

I saw two teams who will acquit themselves very well at state.  Best of luck to both teams, also to Lamar and Paris.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas