• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's True... Coach Woods to Conway

Started by ARDA2, November 26, 2008, 09:22:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wcfan

its not for the $$. has anyone read the contracts of sdsd web or the ad on the conway web?  woods makes more $$ at Har-ber (5k+). 

Baitshop

Quote from: ARDA2 on November 26, 2008, 08:34:55 pm
Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 07:30:08 pm
coach wood isn't going anywhere it is all speculation. i take back everything i said about who might be the coach if he's gone because he's not going anywhere. everything is going to be back to normal soon.

479 part of me wants to believe you.  Now if coach Wood is strongly denying this story there are several possibilities to consider:
1. Coach Wood is telling the truth and never did have intentions of moving.  This still does not explain why someone on the coaching staff leaked this story.
2. Coach Wood is going to Conway and he is probable very irritated the story was released while he is in the playoffs.  Again who leaked the story?  Why would he go given the quality of the program?  Something smells in Denmark.
3. Coach Wood intially agreed in principle to a deal with Conway, but is now backing out for some unknown reason(s). Again who leaked?  What reason(s) have lead him to back out.
Where there is smoke there is fire or crack!

I got to thinking about your point here ARDA.......do you think that Wood and Conway had a deal......UNTIL......they announced that Southside and Northside might be moving to the Central conference in 2010 and he decided that he had a better chance on winning if he stayed in the West??..??..?? ;) ;)

ARDA2

Quote from: baitshop on November 27, 2008, 08:43:07 am
Quote from: ARDA2 on November 26, 2008, 08:34:55 pm
Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 07:30:08 pm
coach wood isn't going anywhere it is all speculation. i take back everything i said about who might be the coach if he's gone because he's not going anywhere. everything is going to be back to normal soon.

479 part of me wants to believe you.  Now if coach Wood is strongly denying this story there are several possibilities to consider:
1. Coach Wood is telling the truth and never did have intentions of moving.  This still does not explain why someone on the coaching staff leaked this story.
2. Coach Wood is going to Conway and he is probable very irritated the story was released while he is in the playoffs.  Again who leaked the story?  Why would he go given the quality of the program?  Something smells in Denmark.
3. Coach Wood intially agreed in principle to a deal with Conway, but is now backing out for some unknown reason(s). Again who leaked?  What reason(s) have lead him to back out.
Where there is smoke there is fire or crack!

I got to thinking about your point here ARDA.......do you think that Wood and Conway had a deal......UNTIL......they announced that Southside and Northside might be moving to the Central conference in 2010 and he decided that he had a better chance on winning if he stayed in the West??..??..?? ;) ;)

Baitshop, this is consistent with a PM I recieved.  I wonder if he had made deal, then he either told one of the other coaches or another coach put 2 and 2 together, and Wood's move was prematurely leaked.  Woods subsequently learned of the new alignment plans putting Southside and Northside squarely in his percieved easy path to a championship.  They are now scrambling to contain the fallout. 

I think this has gotten to the point the coach Wood and his assistants each need to individually address the team regarding the Conway situation.  I think it would also behoove coach Wood to hold a press conference to dispel this state wide "rumor".

Smithian

"Read my lips, I will not be going to Conway."

7AFBFAN

Saban, "I have no interest in Alabama"

Woods, "I have no interest in Conway"

You decide......

7AFBFAN

Sound familiar???

Alabama lured Saban from the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday, ending five weeks of denials and two days of deliberation. Saban, who two weeks ago declared "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach," accepted the Tide's job offer and abandoned his attempt to rebuild the Dolphins after only two seasons.

MrNiceGuy

My sources tell me that Jeff Holt has applied for the job. :D

Ignatius J. Reilly

RGP

Deny, Deny, Deny.......

It's what the coaches do. Who knows by now?

7AFBFAN

thebigshot

Smithian

Quote from: thebigshot on November 27, 2008, 10:53:42 am
People and their sources.........  ::)
Nice of you to stop by up here. Southside fans are cheering for you all, and I hope you all are doing the same.

Baitshop

Quote from: MrNiceGuy on November 27, 2008, 10:46:19 am

He has applied for every single job that has opened in NWA for the last 5 years......

Quote from: Ignatius J. Reilly on November 27, 2008, 10:48:19 am
Coach Wood is staying at Har-Ber. 

That is the same thing that he told the folks at Shiloh a few years ago.......

Ty

I've been away for a while and it took a call from 479 for me to even find out about this.

After talking to some select people in the district, coaches and administrators, it seems the "Conway Situation" was regarding Conway's tampering with Springdale and Har-Ber coaches during the season, constantly contacting them about the job, even before their former coach had been fired.

From what I have heard and what I know, I do not believe Wood will leave the program. Granted, football coaches are extremely fickle.

Seems as some people have let their hatred towards Har-Ber go far beyond a healthy level, creating vicious rumors in order to try and undermine their whole program.

It is obvious a few people are jealous of Har-Ber's success and how fast they have risen to the top of 7A. A win tomorrow night would put them in the state championship for the second time in their third year of varsity football. Quite an accomplishment, no matter how any individual tries to spin it.

Baitshop

Quote from: Ty on November 27, 2008, 03:40:50 pm
I've been away for a while and it took a call from 479 for me to even find out about this.

After talking to some select people in the district, coaches and administrators, it seems the "Conway Situation" was regarding Conway's tampering with Springdale and Har-Ber coaches during the season, constantly contacting them about the job, even before their former coach had been fired.

From what I have heard and what I know, I do not believe Wood will leave the program. Granted, football coaches are extremely fickle.

Seems as some people have let their hatred towards Har-Ber go far beyond a healthy level, creating vicious rumors in order to try and undermine their whole program.

It is obvious a few people are jealous of Har-Ber's success and how fast they have risen to the top of 7A. A win tomorrow night would put them in the state championship for the second time in their third year of varsity football. Quite an accomplishment, no matter how any individual tries to spin it.

I'm curious....who are the folks that are jealous of HarBer that you speak of??..??..??

NWAfootball

Well put Ty.... Go Wildcats! I will be in Ft. Smith tomorrow night cheering Coach Wood and Har-Ber to another victory!

Ty

Quote from: baitshop on November 27, 2008, 04:41:23 pm

I'm curious....who are the folks that are jealous of HarBer that you speak of??..??..??
Springdale fans. Rogers fans.

You do not hear much of it because you are down in the River Valley but there is a fair amount of animosity towards Har-Ber in NWA.

Quite Frankly

The animosity has very little to do with how many games they've won.

Earl is my Hero!!

So, what have they done about this? How are they handling it? AAA, courts?

It could get ugly.

This story is like an onion, and we're only a layer or two into it.

NWAfootball

QF... Just curious.... what makes you an expert on every subject? Just seems like you are extremely knowledgeable about all topics. Do you work for ESPN or something? What is your secret?

Ty

Quote from: QF© on November 27, 2008, 04:58:53 pm
Tell us why people are upset. I would like to hear it from someone who is and was not involved at the school on a daily basis.

Without mentioning race or the economic status of the majority of students at Har-Ber.

Good luck.

Quite Frankly

November 27, 2008, 05:19:14 pm #121 Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 05:20:47 pm by QF©
Quote from: Ty on November 27, 2008, 05:11:55 pm
Tell us why people are upset. I would like to hear it from someone who is and was not involved at the school on a daily basis.

Without mentioning race or the economic status of the majority of students at Har-Ber.

Good luck.

As I have said many times across many threads, you can not control what others perceive for themselves.   Starting with their very first basketball season until just now there has been a substantial amount of bragging, self-promotion, taunts and basically general crap from an entire line of posters that have come and gone along with those that have changed their names but repeated the same.

Add to that the two head coaches of their two major sports have done things like treat their starters differently than other players and running up the score on smaller schools. An a complete lack of humbleness or humility be the majority.

They push that image.  You can pretend it's 'jealousy', but as was immediately pointed out to you it's far from that.  People see what they see and think what they think.  What's so significant is this overwhelming urge to 'disprove' others peoples own perceptions.  You can't do that.  They come by it honestly and each time you cry about it, it only reinforces it.

NWAfootball

Sounds like jealousy of success to me. How about you Ty?

Quite Frankly

Quote from: NWAfootball on November 27, 2008, 05:22:11 pm
Sounds like jealousy of success to me. How about you Ty?
Of course that's what you think.  But jealousy implies you have something others don't have or desire.  Which is false.

A solid case can be made for those that think others are 'jealous', to typically be snobs that think they're better than others.  They go hand in hand.

Madgun

November 27, 2008, 05:45:22 pm #124 Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 05:46:58 pm by Madgun
Quote from: baitshop on November 27, 2008, 01:59:14 pm
Quote from: MrNiceGuy on November 27, 2008, 10:46:19 am

He has applied for every single job that has opened in NWA for the last 5 years......

I know you were exaggerating for effect, but the only real reason that Holt was that interested in a couple of jobs was because his mother & sister lived there.  I believe they now live in Russellville and he's pretty happy.  He has a pretty good gig there--will be AD someday and the town seems to really love him.

Baitshop

Quote from: NWAfootball on November 27, 2008, 05:03:16 pm
QF... Just curious.... what makes you an expert on every subject? Just seems like you are extremely knowledgeable about all topics. Do you work for ESPN or something? What is your secret?

BINGO!!!.....you just busted QF out.....the secret is out.......

QUITE FRANKLY IS ERIN ANDREWS!!

RGP

Quote from: QF© on November 27, 2008, 05:19:14 pm

Good luck.

As I have said many times across many threads, you can not control what others perceive for themselves.   Starting with their very first basketball season until just now there has been a substantial amount of bragging, self-promotion, taunts and basically general crap from an entire line of posters that have come and gone along with those that have changed their names but repeated the same.

Add to that the two head coaches of their two major sports have done things like treat their starters differently than other players and running up the score on smaller schools. An a complete lack of humbleness or humility be the majority.

They push that image. 
Agreed....

Ty

Quote from: RGP on November 27, 2008, 06:21:12 pm

Good luck.

They push that image. 
Agreed....
Far from unique.

Har-Ber has the nicer school, a more traditional student body, and has been extremely successful in everything is has done in its short four years of existence.

There lies your basis for the contempt.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: Ty on November 27, 2008, 06:38:20 pm

Good luck.

As I have said many times across many threads, you can not control what others perceive for themselves.   Starting with their very first basketball season until just now there has been a substantial amount of bragging, self-promotion, taunts and basically general crap from an entire line of posters that have come and gone along with those that have changed their names but repeated the same.

They push that image. 
Agreed....
Far from unique.

Har-Ber has the nicer school, a more traditional student body, and has been extremely successful in everything is has done in its short four years of existence.

Cosmetology.   

stattracker

Good luck.

They push that image. 
Agreed....
Far from unique.

Everything?

7AFBFAN

Let's see, Harber has a nice school in which they play their home football games on someone else's field, they have been state runnerup in a couple of sports both times as the prohibitive favorite, and they have a nice website.

I am a crazy Southside fan who supports little ole Southside with their 7 state championships in Football, and 6 I believe in Volleyball. They also have been state runnerup several times in each sport.

I am having a tough time not being jealous of Harber. Help me people.

rebel yell

Does anyone know what coach Wood did or said today at practice to address the "Conway Situation"?

Smithian

Quote from: rebel yell on November 27, 2008, 07:32:05 pm
Does anyone know what coach Wood did or said today at practice to address the "Conway Situation"?
"Read my lips..."

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: rebel yell on November 27, 2008, 07:32:05 pm

"I'm going to tell you just like I told my players at Shiloh...uhhh, wait nevermind. Yeah, I'm gonna stay here."

TheReal_Deal24

Like i told you before coach wood isn't going anywhere. he's happy at har-ber and isn't going to conway!

BB9

Well someone is going to have to find a new "source" when the truth comes out.

Will it be 479boyz, Earl, or any other number of "people in the know"

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: BB9 on November 27, 2008, 08:37:36 pm

"I know nothing"!
- Sgt. Shultz

ARDA2

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 27, 2008, 08:33:24 pm
Like i told you before coach wood isn't going anywhere. he's happy at har-ber and isn't going to conway!

479 I assume you went to the team practice today.  What did coach Wood have to say to the team?

Iknewthemwhen

Ok, didn't Wood leave a school to go to Shiloh?  Leave Shiloh to go to TX, come back to Shiloh. LEave Shiloh to go to Nashville, leave Nashville to go to Springdale, leave Springdale to go to Harber? 

Baitshop

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 27, 2008, 09:08:04 pm
Ok, didn't Wood leave a school to go to Shiloh?  Leave Shiloh to go to TX, come back to Shiloh. LEave Shiloh to go to Nashville, leave Nashville to go to Springdale, leave Springdale to go to Harber? 

Did he tell the team and administration at any of those places that he wasn't going to leave.......and then leave shortly there after to the place that he was rumored to go a week or so earlier..........??..??

Baitshop

Quote from: BB9 on November 27, 2008, 08:37:36 pm

Unless, of course, the "source" was actually a "leak"...........

Ty

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 27, 2008, 07:11:18 pm
Let's see, Harber has a nice school in which they play their home football games on someone else's field, they have been state runnerup in a couple of sports both times as the prohibitive favorite, and they have a nice website.

I am a crazy Southside fan who supports little ole Southside with their 7 state championships in Football, and 6 I believe in Volleyball. They also have been state runnerup several times in each sport.

When has Har-Ber been the prohibitive favorite in anything other than basketball Sanchez's senior season? Certainly not last year, nor this season. Their volleyball team may be the favorite to win state NEXT year with Bain, Hesseltine, and the other stud juniors coming back, but that is assuming quite a bit.

As I told Baitshop, people in the RV do not hear the talk that goes on in NWA on a daily basis. People have a misconstrued vision of what Har-Ber is; a lot of times, they see the school and automatically think they are snobbish and arrogant (Smithian, disregard what I told you the other day).

Quite Frankly

Quote from: Ty on November 27, 2008, 09:37:51 pm
When has Har-Ber been the prohibitive favorite in anything other than basketball Sanchez's senior season? Certainly not last year, nor this season. Their volleyball team may be the favorite to win state NEXT year with Bain, Hesseltine, and the other stud juniors coming back, but that is assuming quite a bit.

As I told Baitshop, people in the RV do not hear the talk that goes on in NWA on a daily basis. People have a misconstrued vision of what Har-Ber is; a lot of times, they see the school and automatically think they are snobbish and arrogant (Smithian, disregard what I told you the other day).

That doesn't seem to jive with this.

Far from unique.

What is a more traditional student body?  That codespeak for they drew the line the right direction when they divided the districts?

7AFBFAN

Ty, I would have made Harber the prohibitive favorite last year versus the 4 seed.

I think you may be right on the volleyball team next year though, Harber may finally break through there.

I personally love Harbers school and never think of them being arrogant or snobbish because of that fact alone. The self promotion is what gets me.

stattracker

What about that softball team?

7AFBFAN

I would defer that question to Ty, I do not follow softball at all.

Smithian

Haha, ok.

Ty

Quote from: stattracker on November 27, 2008, 09:50:14 pm

Har-Ber has a softball team?

Ty

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 27, 2008, 09:46:04 pm
Ty, I would have made Harber the prohibitive favorite last year versus the 4 seed.

I think you may be right on the volleyball team next year though, Harber may finally break through there.

I personally love Harbers school and never think of them being arrogant or snobbish because of that fact alone. The self promotion is what gets me.
I thought we were talking about coming into a season. Although, the past two years, I wish I was a bettin' man. I could have made a lot of money off 4 seeds from the West. Who is the 4 seed this year? ;)

Earl is my Hero!!

November 27, 2008, 11:37:24 pm #149 Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 11:22:57 am by Earl is my Hero!!
Quote from: Ty on November 27, 2008, 10:28:44 pm
Quote from: stattracker on November 27, 2008, 09:50:14 pm

Yeah, they suck. Made the playoffs once - barely.

Har-Ber has a softball team?

Not a very good one. They made the playoffs once - barely.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas