• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Arkansas Razorback Baseball Thread

Started by Chosen 1, February 16, 2010, 07:09:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD™

Quote from: QF© on April 07, 2010, 08:41:35 pm
I hear Pelphrey is coming in to pitch the 9th.
Jeff Long will be catching.

RD™

Romeo

We don't need Pelphrey pitching so he can blow away the lead.

InYoGrill

rsvl_hogfan4

Sample is probably going to play his way into a weekend starter if he keeps this up. Kuhn is absolutely on fire, too. When Wilkins gets healthy this team could be extremely dangerous if Sample can consistently hit like this. Plus Bolsinger is now moved to the pen. Two or three of the games we have lost were because we didn't have in middle relief. Smyly dominated LSU, and then when we pulled him because of the blister we didn't have anyone to give us a few innings so Baxendale could come in. If we can find a solid 3rd starter we will be set in pitching. Starter, Bolsinger, then Baxendale.

AB™

Jeff, heard McKinney got hurt.  Anything serious?

RD™

Not this game, but the past 9, should strike fear into a pitcher's heart against Arkansas.

Romeo

InYoGrill

AB™

And they called it after 7. Arkansas was only 1 run away from tying the school record for runs scored.  I'm sure Arkansas would've scored 40 if they played the full 9.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RHS on April 05, 2010, 11:20:34 pm
I was driving somewhere around Tilly when it happened. Almost drove off the road.
. Tilly? Were you lost lol

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: AB™ on April 07, 2010, 09:46:27 pm
Jeff, heard McKinney got hurt.  Anything serious?
No word yet, but DVH expects the worst. It doesn't look good.

Sample would have been taking his place in my opinion, anyways.

Smithian

One of the SLU pitchers tonight had a lot of TRADITION.

B&GT

I was surprised by the score, since I saw they have a few quality wins.  Looking back over their schedule, they have as many bad losses.  Seems like maybe they just have one or two good pitchers and absolutely no depth at all.

RHS

HF, no I wasn't lost. Just bored lol.

McKinney didn't even use his left leg last night when being helped from the field.

AB, they were only 3 hits away from a new school record as well. The 14 runs in the first inning were a new school record (old record was 12, twice) and 11 of those came before they ever got an out. If we hadn't been so far out in front we probably could have gotten the run record since we had the bases loaded and got 3 consecutive singles to the outfield, but held runners up.

I ended up leaving after the 4th was over. Temps in the low 50's + a steady 15 MPH wind = no fun. Consider I was in shorts and a t-shirt it's a mircale I stayed so long.

msubulldogs21

April 08, 2010, 11:39:58 pm #217 Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:41:43 pm by msubulldogs21
Arkansas should have no problems sweeping State this weekend. We've got some talent, but most of it's freshman pitchers. I haven't heard yet but we may be starting all freshman again in the Arkansas series. Our best pitcher (sophomore Nick Routt) is currently hurt.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: msubulldogs21 on April 08, 2010, 11:39:58 pm
Arkansas should have no problems sweeping State this weekend. We've got some talent, but most of it's freshman pitchers. I haven't heard yet but we may be starting all freshman again in the Arkansas series. Our best pitcher (sophomore Nick Routt) is currently hurt.
I hope we cn sweep, but on the road won't be easy.

B&GT

B&GT

April 10, 2010, 03:24:39 pm #220 Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 05:44:52 pm by B&GT
Scoreless after 4 innings.  Eibner has 8 strikeouts and also struck out once.

Edit:

Arkansas wins the second game 8-5 and also the series.  The hogs are now tied for first in the SEC overall with LSU and South Carolina going into tomorrow.

rsvl_hogfan4

Eibner had 10 strikeouts in 5 innings.

Quite Frankly

Hogs up 4-1 in 7th on Sunday.  But lots of LOB's might haunt them at some point.

bulldogs1159

Randall Fant has given us everything we could want from him today. 6 strong innings with 4 K's and only 2 hits. We still have TJ Forrest and Bolsinger out of the pen if need be before we get to Baxendale.

B&GT

April 11, 2010, 03:51:05 pm #224 Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 03:58:07 pm by B&GT
LSU just lost again to Auburn.  If the hogs hold on today they're all alone at first in the West.

Hogs are finally plating some runs, up 10-1 now in the 7th.

bulldogs1159

Quite Frankly

Home games are going to become even more popular.

B&GT

bulldogs1159

What makes it even better is that there are some Arkansas kids on this team making big impacts in games.

gatecrasher

Yall must have some really good dope in NWA.

Right QF?

BWHAHAHA!!!!

;D ;D

RHS

We have 2 of the best hitters in the SEC. Going into the game yesterday, Cox was batting around .477 in SEC play and Kuhn was batting around .433.

rsvl_hogfan4

Baxendal shut out New Mexico through 6. UNM tied the game at 1 in the 8th and took a 3-1 lead in the 10th. With 2 outs in the bottom of the 10th the Hogs pushed 2 runs across the plate to send it into an 11th inning.

In the bottom of the 11th, Hauskey gets yet another clutch hit. One of the most clutch players on our team.

Hogs win 4-3. UNM is 24th in the RPI and took 2 of 3 in Austin earlier this season. Good win for the Hogs. Hopefully we get another tomorrow.

InYoGrill

Van horn has the MACHINE rolling up on the Hill. One after another come back win this year. Great feeling for later in the season during the real crunch games with this team.

RD™

UNM will give someone fits in the Regionals

B&GT

parpar

Good to see how Bax can do with a start.  With #3 suspended for this weekend, if they can get by without using him Friday or Saturday, could he be the starter Sunday?  I think if they need him to make sure they get 2 out of 3, they would, but if they have big leads, maybe they could save him for Sunday.

theHammer

Quote from: parpar on April 14, 2010, 11:44:40 am
Good to see how Bax can do with a start.  With #3 suspended for this weekend, if they can get by without using him Friday or Saturday, could he be the starter Sunday?  I think if they need him to make sure they get 2 out of 3, they would, but if they have big leads, maybe they could save him for Sunday.
DVH said himself that he plans to use Bax as the Sunday starter this weekend. He was nothing short of awesome last night against a team that really can hit the ball.

RHS

Good 2 game sweep against New Mexico. They took two of three from Texas to open the season (I think) and are a top 25 RPI team.

RHS

7 of the 9 Hog starters are batting .300 or better. Sample is hitting .299 and is 17 for his last 24 and 20-29 during his 10 game hit streak.

DevilDog4

Who was hurt with hamstring a week ago or so?

bleudog

If somebody has posted already I apologize for the repeat, but the UGA game is on the deuce as I type.

3-2 Hawgs in the third.

DevilDog4

yea wilkins jacked one out down center field hogs lookin good. a few pitching errors though

InYoGrill

I watched most of the game on ESPN2 and the Hogs looked great. The announcers said a lot of positive stuff about the program and stadium. The  main announcer even said the Hogs looked the best he's seen this season so far.

Chief_Osceola™

It's just gonna get worse for the Dawgs.  I'm serious, their pitching is awful.

Indiana Jones

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on April 16, 2010, 11:08:52 pm
It's just gonna get worse for the Dawgs.  I'm serious, their pitching is awful.
yeah 8.8 era

good lord metal bats  or not that's pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rsvl_hogfan4

Ever since Smyly's amazing performance against OU last year, he has been a stud. If it wasn't for the bullpen and errors in 2 games, Smyly would be undefeated. The bullpen gave up that huge lead against LSU when Smyly had shut them down.

We have won 16 of our last 17, and we are on a 9 game winning streak. With us having the bullpen fresh, we could easily sweep this series, too. This weekend is going to be huge. Taking the series on the road against a top 10 team would be really nice. The only two series I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose are the Ole Miss and Florida series. Both are on the road and both are solid teams. We are a better team than Ole Miss, but if Pomeranz is feeling it in the first game he will be extremely hard to hit. If we take the first game than we will take the series.

RHS

Quite Frankly

DevilDog4

Well the boys are def swinging the bats good. lets just hope they can keep it up.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas