• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foreman @ Mineral Springs - Week 8

Started by Redzone, October 13, 2018, 08:25:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redzone

The backup came in but he hadn't been playing because he pulled his hamstring. Backup went in and reinjured himself. Batey had to go back out there and take the snaps and just hand the ball off.

paraloma

Quote from: Redzone on October 19, 2018, 08:54:33 pm
There's some guys standing on the fence behind the visitors stands cussing all of us out 😂

YOu can get that treatment in the home stands too.

Eslim03

Mineral played a good game. Foreman has some injuries that is hurting them and turnovers played a huge role in the game tonight. It rained the entire game and mineral held on to the ball better than the gators did.

Wantobe

Kudos to Mineral. They played well in the rough conditions. I look for the Gators to go home, heal up for a week, and then be ready to play more like they did in week  7 against Ida.

paraloma

Quote from: Redzone on October 19, 2018, 07:47:05 pm
Our Starting qb and fb are hurt and out of the game

Batey had 19 carries for 58 yards. He went out right before half, but was right back out there for the rest of the game.

#3 seemed hurt before the game even started.

stuck in between

After taking a night to sleep on it and now some deer stand therapy I will offer my thoughts on the game. First and foremost hats off to Mineral. They played the better game and was far more prepared than the Gators and the outcome showed. So congratulations is well deserved. I mentioned in my weekly picks that in the previous two years the Gators have stumbled against the Hornets after very emotional games against Mount Ida and that held true again last night. Injuries did play a huge part in last nights game as well. It is no secret Batey is the bell cow. Without him the Gators are not near the team they are with him. He was last year's 2-A player of the year for a reason. Carver has played sparingly this year due to a bad hamstring.  When Batey went out late in the 2nd quarter he went in, but was at best 50% before reinjuring himself which led to a one-legged Batey having to return. It looked as though the fullback who played a huge role in the Ida victory rolled an ankle early on in the first half as well. So all that being said I do not believe there was an offensive snap where Foreman had all of thier starters in the backfield. Like most 2-A teams your offense is also your defense, so all of what was said above could be repeated on defense as well. Not having Carver either in the backfield with Batey or giving him a break at QB from time to time limits the offense severely and he is missed on defense especially against spread teams just as much. Once again Mineral was able to take advantage of this and that is what good teams do. Now on to the other part of this game that led to a defeat. Foreman was very uninspired from the first kickoff until early in the 4th quarter. The hangover from the Ida game was evident. That along with injuries made a perfect recipe for defeat. As much as I'm sure, or at least hope these kids wish they had this one back in the grand scheme it really means nothing. If the Gators can win out they will still be the #1 seed going into the play-offs and perhaps they could like last year use a loss to prepare them for a championship run.

Partsman

Hats off to Mineral Springs. They had enough want for both teams. Injuries hurt us but fire in their eyes killed us. I said at the first of the year that Mineral was underrated.

Stinger

The one legged qb had 8 yards in the first quarter and 20 in the second and then had 30 in the second half on one leg. You do the math on that one

stuck in between

Quote from: Stinger on October 21, 2018, 10:46:53 am
The one legged qb had 8 yards in the first quarter and 20 in the second and then had 30 in the second half on one leg. You do the math on that one

I'm not sure what you are implying, but 8+20+30 =58.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: stuck in between on October 21, 2018, 10:17:48 pm
Quote from: Stinger on October 21, 2018, 10:46:53 am

I’m not sure what you are implying, but 8+20+30 =58.
Implying this.  Batey was limited by Mineral to a less than a Batey performance.  What ever the excuse he had 58 yards on 19 carries.  I think Carver is the one that you guys really miss.  He takes care of the team in ways that don't go on a stat sheet.  Really good Player.  These boys have been going at it since Pee Wee football days and It has been a joy to watch both team compete.  You have to respect how far King has improved the program as well as Bennett.  Good coaching matters.  I think 7 AA will make noise in the playoffs.  I think we could have 4 teams going at it 3 weeks deep in the playoffs.  Good luck.

IdaLions

Being able to have Boyd and Carver make Batey even more of a threat. Without them, Batey wouldn't be near as effective(not saying he wouldn't be good, because he would, wouldn't be as effective because teams would key in on him more). This is similar to Monta Thomas. He had Child's and Hegler, Two outstanding runners that you had to key on. Having to key on two amazing running backs, then throw on top a downright allstate into the mix, that can spell disaster for most teams.

COACH-Mike

Boyd Played and was one of the things that hurt us.

stuck in between

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 22, 2018, 11:09:26 am

Yes, Boyd did play as well as Batey and Carver, but none of the three were near 100%. Boyd was on the sideline when Foreman coughed the ball up inside their 10. Which happened to be a dive play in which the back up fullback fumbled. Once again I mean no disrespect to MS. You guys played a much cleaner harder fought game and deserved the win.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: stuck in between on October 22, 2018, 11:54:28 am
Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 22, 2018, 11:09:26 am

Yes, Boyd did play as well as Batey and Carver, but none of the three were near 100%. Boyd was on the sideline when Foreman coughed the ball up inside their 10. Which happened to be a dive play in which the back up fullback fumbled. Once again I mean no disrespect to MS. You guys played a much cleaner harder fought game and deserved the win.

Looked more like a QB/Center exchange, but I could be wrong.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas