• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2a South Region

Started by HorseFeathers, February 19, 2018, 09:18:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PapaHog

SH did get mercy ruled EARLY in the season by someone. It's not like it couldn't happen. Just doubtful that it does happen.

BigBob

Big difference in star city and poyen. Different athletes, different styles of play.

jdwalk

Definitely will not be a mercy rule tomorrow. I think someone started the weekend a day early.

ak58

They have improved since the third game of the year. SC coach still had in some of her  top players when we had 2nd and third string in. She still hasn't gotten over getting beat by,  and I quote " some skinny rear white girls" in 2013. 😂 She has it out for SH every year in that tournament.
No doubt poyen is talented and so is SH. There will be no mercy rule going either way. Going to be a hard  fought game till the very end.

Mr316

ak58

February 22, 2018, 10:08:12 pm #55 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:11:19 pm by ak58
Quote from: Mr316 on February 22, 2018, 10:03:11 pm
HG and PC tomorrow night
down by 13 going into the 4th and cameback. I knew HG would give them some problems

Yogi bear

Congrats to the three east teams who will advance to state especially those Bearden Bears.

PapaHog

What happened 4th quarter? HG heat up? Blevins turn it over? What happened?

ak58

Quote from: Yogi bear on February 22, 2018, 10:15:56 pm
Congrats to the three east teams who will advance to state especially those Bearden Bears.
But don't y'all forget.. the west conference is more dominant.

neutralobserver

Three east teams in boys and three west teams in girls.

hogman1886

Quote from: PapaHog on February 22, 2018, 10:21:40 pm
What happened 4th quarter? HG heat up? Blevins turn it over? What happened?

Well... anyone there?

creamcheeze

Quote from: hogman1886 on February 22, 2018, 11:59:55 pm
Well... anyone there?

I talked with Coach Piggott and he said he doesn't know what happened.

old.dole

Looked like they wore Blevins down. Lack of depth hurt Blevins in the end and grove has made a habit of late game comebacks here lately

southarkdaddy

I'm excited for PC vs Bearden part 3 on Saturday!

NWA Hawg

Quote from: creamcheeze on February 23, 2018, 06:01:49 am
I talked with Coach Piggott and he said he doesn't know what happened.

Haha that's to funny

bear for life

Quote from: southarkdaddy on February 23, 2018, 09:23:04 am
I'm excited for PC vs Bearden part 3 on Saturday!
yes sir but must put mountain pine away first

Mr316

I'll be very surprised if that doesn't happen!!!

teachers pet

I'll be surprised if Mountain Pine gets beat!!!!!

Danold Dump

Everybody is so high on Mountain Pine...I think them Bearden Bears are pretty good too.  Watch out.  I'd come check it out, but the dump has to go watch his Lumberjacks in Monticello tonight...dump out

southarkdaddy

Rison's athleticism gave Mt Pine a little trouble.  Bearden is going to beat Pine by 10 or more

eldofan

Bearden is extremely athletic

Ba$ketballFan54321

I think Bearden-Mt Pine is a great matchup. Two teams that are fun to watch. I give the slight edge to Mt Pine but it'll be a good one.

hogman1886

Score Predictions?

Bearden/Mountain Pine

PC/HG

Ljhicks

February 23, 2018, 05:20:36 pm #73 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:22:53 pm by Ljhicks
springhill hasn't faced a team of our caliber all year. If we play to our capabilities we should beat them handily. Lady Indians will take it to them. Roll tribe!

neutralobserver

Springhill is better than that.wont roll over them.  Might not even beat them.

-Mark-

Halftime in Poyen

Bearden 41
Mountain Pine 36

-Mark-

Mountain Pine 60
Bearden 56
End 3rd Quarter - 2A South Regional in Poyen

eldofan

-Mark-

Bearden 77
Mountain Pine 73
Final

HG Hornet

Berry and the Bears do it again.  Congrats. 

eldofan

It's going to be tough if Pc wins tonite to beat them 3 times in a season

ak58

jdwalk

End of 3rd
Spring Hill 40
Poyen 34

jdwalk

Final
Spring Hill 53
Poyen 43

ak58

Quote from: tcor145 on February 22, 2018, 08:49:46 pm
Poyen could possibly mercy rule Springhill.  It will be caddo/poyen final.

how about that possible mercy rule?😂

beastmode00

What happened to that mercy rule?

creamcheeze

Quote from: -Mark- on February 23, 2018, 07:04:21 pm
Bearden 77
Mountain Pine 73
Final

I talked with one of the admins at Poyen. He said something about Mt. Pine fans getting in a fight in the lobby. Anyone got any details on that??

Said something about Pine coaches got technicals at the end of the game while the teams were shaking hands??

Details?

jsw6f0

ak58

Pine fans were mouthing at Bearden fans most the game. I will be routing for Both Bears tomorrow!

MagicMike

Mt Pines coach went after officials hard as soon as final buzzer sounded.  Ref either gave him a tech or tossed him. He was ridiculous and way unprofessional

bearbacker52

Quote from: MagicMike on February 23, 2018, 11:01:02 pm
Mt Pines coach went after officials hard as soon as final buzzer sounded.  Ref either gave him a tech or tossed him. He was ridiculous and way unprofessional

was there did not see what happend but heard some mt pine fans went after their own coach, i did see grant county deputies come in droves. mt pine fans flipped off celebrating bearden player, that players dad told the mt pine fan to do it again...wolfing barking at the end of an absolute classic, mt pine fans come on man dont do that to your coach or opponents. yall have a very good team, dont try steal spotlight from young kids

N2DEEP

In all the sports I have been around, Basketball fans are the worst on every team. I was embarrassed to go to our home game at MC for a few years because it was so bad.

bearbacker52

Quote from: N2DEEP on February 24, 2018, 06:39:49 am
In all the sports I have been around, Basketball fans are the worst on every team. I was embarrassed to go to our home game at MC for a few years because it was so bad.
in football they are on opposite sides of the field bb they are right on top of each other

LeftyWorld

I'm wondering why pine fans didn't sit on the home side and the situation could have been far less heated  ???

#14MOM

Quote from: neutralobserver on February 23, 2018, 05:43:49 pm
Springhill is better than that.wont roll over them.  Might not even beat them.
Lady Indians had a bad game offensively. Want to give Springhill credit on their defense. Spring Hill is a good team. I think Poyen would beat them in a rematch. Both teams got better last night. Wish Poyen and Spring Hill played each other more. Good Luck SH hope you beat Caddo today.
2A South Regionals Girls
Poyen vs Murfreesboro 12:00
Caddo Hills vs Spring Hill 5:00

ak58

Great halftime Adjusments by Coach Whatley and the girls came out and executed. Nerves got the best of them in the 1st half. Outscored poyen 14-6 in 3rdQ, and 16-9 in 4th.

Mr316

How about the boys game last night...PC beats HG and now plays Bearden for the finals tonight. Tonight's game will be a repeat of the district game.

eldofan

This should be a thriller

PapaHog

Girls final is at 6:00, no? Was that just a typo?

Ripjaw

February 24, 2018, 01:08:38 pm #99 Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:28:57 pm by Ripjaw
It is at 6. I heard this is the first regional final for Caddo girls since 1997. GO LADY INDIANS!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas