• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anything can happen in 5A playoffs. Prognostications?

Started by Go Postal, May 12, 2014, 09:48:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Your thoughts are welcomed on any 5A boys/girls playoff games.  Here are some of mine...

If Harrison/LRCA Boys/Girls can get by the first round, then it comes to a 5A rivalry game in the quarterfinals.  Maybe the first time.  Former records of these two teams are as follows...
Girls:  LR Christian 4, Harrison 0 in first round.
Boys:  Harrison 2, LR Christian 0 Final round.
Girls:  Little Rock Christian 1, Harrison 0 semifinal round.
Boys:  Little Rock Christian 2, Harrison 1, OT(?) semifinal round.
Girls:  Harrison 2, Little Rock Christian 1 Final round.
Girls:  LR Christian 4, Harrison 1 semifinal round.
Girls:  Harrison 2, Little Rock Christian 1 semifinal game.
Boys:  Little Rock Christian 2, Harrison 1 Final round.
2014 tournament earlier match, LRCA boys beat Harrison, Harrison girls beat LRCA.

If Harrison/LRCA girls get by in the quarterfinals then they have a good shot at finals.

If Harrison/LRCA boys get by in the quarterfinals then they have to maybe meet DeQueen in the semifinals.  LRCA beat the 5A West conference Champs, Greenbrier with GB playing only ten men due to a red card in the semis last year.  Harrison beat DeQueen in the semis last year.  Best game that I have ever seen.

The Coach

May 12, 2014, 09:59:48 pm #1 Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:02:09 pm by The Coach
Some results that wouldn't surprise me would be Lakeside over PA (boys) considering they have already beat them this season. Huntsville over Nettleton, C'ville over Vilonia, then Sylvan Hills boys and girls I think will win their matches.

The 8am start for white hall and LRCA will be interesting as well. Teenagers don't typically respond real well early in the morning.

Go Postal

May 12, 2014, 10:10:36 pm #2 Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:13:03 pm by Go Postal
If I can remember right, HS Lakeside boys beat Harrison twice in the semifinals since 2007, Hope once.  All others were PA/LRCA.  But I have seen talent in Vilonia boys.

Good Luck to all teams!

Go Postal

The curious fact is that, next cycle, Vilonia boys/girls will leave the East and come to the West, LRCA boys/girls move to the West. :o 8)

Sir Alex

It is going to be a bit chilly for the morning games, go figure.  May in the Ozarks, snow last year....  Bring your training suits and some rain gear for Saturday.  That may change by the time the weekend gets here.

There will be some great games for sure.  The beauty of the state tournament is that you have to play the games and play well for four games if you want to be the champion. 

Good luck to all, hope you enjoy Harrison. 

Lionheart88

I could see a lot of upsets this year, especially on the boys side.  DeQueen's the only team that was able to remain perfect all the way through conference, with the West and East champions taking a loss each to their respective 3 and 4 seeds.  Get to a (more or less) neutral pitch, and who knows what might happen?

Go Postal

May 13, 2014, 01:49:05 am #6 Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 01:51:10 am by Go Postal
Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 12, 2014, 11:05:10 pm
I could see a lot of upsets this year, especially on the boys side.  DeQueen's the only team that was able to remain perfect all the way through conference, with the West and East champions taking a loss each to their respective 3 and 4 seeds.  Get to a (more or less) neutral pitch, and who knows what might happen?
I like DeQueen.  One of the best teams that I have seen.  But didn't last year, they came from the 4A with a 4-peat State Championship, then joined the 5A South and went undefeated, (like this year), then went undefeated in the 1st and quarter rounds, then got beat by a 2nd seed West team in the semis?  Just clarifying.

I like DeQueen.  One of the best teams that I have seen.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Go Postal on May 13, 2014, 01:49:05 am
Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 12, 2014, 11:05:10 pm
I like DeQueen.  One of the best teams that I have seen.  But didn't last year, they came from the 4A with a 4-peat State Championship, then joined the 5A South and went undefeated, (like this year), then went undefeated in the 1st and quarter rounds, then got beat by a 2nd seed West team in the semis?  Just clarifying.

I like DeQueen.  One of the best teams that I have seen.
Indeed.  But this is a new year.  If Greenbrier (and Harrison) can lose to Huntsville and Vilonia can lose to Paragould, anything can happen.  That's all I'm saying.  That said, I'll be surprised if any 4 seeds pull the upset in round 1.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Go Postal on May 12, 2014, 10:16:52 pm
The curious fact is that, next cycle, Vilonia boys/girls will leave the East and come to the West, LRCA boys/girls move to the West. :o 8)

Who is leaving the West? Will they still do a double matchup, home and away?

VHSCoach2

May 13, 2014, 07:29:39 am #9 Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:58:40 am by VHSCoach2
Quote from: MDXPHD on May 13, 2014, 07:20:28 am
Quote from: Go Postal on May 12, 2014, 10:16:52 pm

Who is leaving the West? Will they still do a double matchup, home and away?

Huntsville and Shiloh Christian are dropping to 4A. 

If all of the rumors turn out to be true, this will be the 5A West (for soccer) next season:

Clarksville
Greenbrier
Harrison
Little Rock Christian
Maumelle
Morrilton
Vilonia

Farmington will be joining the 5A West in all other sports.

MDXPHD

So if that makes the conference and they do a double round robin, then that's 14 of their 16 games accounted for? It's good competition, so I wouldn't see a problem with it, but just curious if they will keep that same format?

sevenof400

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 13, 2014, 07:36:35 am
So if that makes the conference and they do a double round robin, then that's 14 of their 16 games accounted for? It's good competition, so I wouldn't see a problem with it, but just curious if they will keep that same format?

That would actually take 12 games to complete a double round robin (remember to not count a team playing against itself) but the point is still a good one. 

I would expect the 5A West would play a double round robin next year for a couple of reasons - the travel next year in the 5A West will be much less overall and the difficulty in finding a sufficient number of good out of conference matchups. 

MDXPHD

That's correct, not the best at math here. 12 games is much more reasonable. That will be a fun conference to watch next season, boys and girls.

puma

I heard that they triple A is going to rename the West to Central 2.0

Go Postal

May 13, 2014, 08:45:10 pm #14 Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:50:09 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: puma on May 13, 2014, 07:08:33 pm
I heard that they triple A is going to rename the West to Central 2.0
BWAHAHA!  That's too funny and here I thought that the triple A was going to consider Harrison as a "honorary" private school. ;)  LOL
Boys:
2013 - Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Harrison)
2012 – Siloam Springs (Runner-up HS Lakeside)
2011 – Siloam Springs (Runner-up HS Lakeside)
2010 – Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Hope)
2009 – Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Central Arkansas Christian)
2008 – Harrison (Runner-up LR Christian)
2007 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up Siloam Springs)
2006 – Harrison (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2005 – Harrison (Runner-up Siloam Springs)
2004 – Harrison (Runner-up Central Arkansas Christian)
2003 – Harrison (Runner-up HS Lakeside)
2002 – Harrison (Runner-up Searcy)

Girls:
2013 - Shiloh Christian (Runner-up Harrison)
2012 – Central Arkansas Christian (Runner-up LR Christian)
2011 – Harrison (Runner-up LR Christian)
2010 – Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2009 – Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Central Arkansas Christian)
2008 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up LR Christian)
2007 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up LR Christian)
2006 – Central Arkansas Christian (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2005 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up Little Rock Christian)
2004 – Harrison (Runner-up Arkadelphia)
2003 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up Harrison)
2002 – Harrison (Runner-up Searcy)

Sir Alex

Go Postal

BTW MDXPHD, your avatar pic is broken (not showing).  You might to reload it on your profile once again.

Go Postal

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 13, 2014, 09:03:50 pm
Harrison Academy has a nice ring to it.
Yes, I like that or maybe even "The Goblin Nation Academy". ;)

Lionheart88

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas