• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Track/Cross Country

Started by ~WPS~, December 09, 2010, 08:04:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vtown22

still to early to get too worried about track season...on vilonia side of it, sax didn't run well in the 200..He did slip out of blocks and is not a great indoor runner. He is also very slow out of blocks. 60 def not good race for him. 100 really isn't either..He only ran 23.5 last year..He has added some weight so it will be something to watch if he can carry it.... Vilonia's best distance runner woke up sick and couldn't hardly even run...800- Mann usually runs 2:05 or better...Got hurt in baseball practice this week...Ebmeyer who went around 2:01 last year tripped and fell at start of race, came out of first turn in last place. Did get a little worried with SS and GW though...Showed stuff they usually don't have..Alma didn't have the runners they usually have but I know coach will have them ready when it matters.. Did miss seeing orlando robinson run though...Heard they held him out to rest knee

sevenof400

I'll post more on this later but for someone who had the opportunity to see the Tyson Center yesterday for the first time, what an impressive sight and sound experience.  The thunder of footsteps running around the track combined with the sounds of track make for a sensory experience. 

The one big disappointment from yesterday's meet was the number of runners who slipped or fell while starting.  Not allowing spikes on that surface on the premise that high school athletes would wear the surface out was unjustified and unfair to many athletes.

Back to the visual side of things for a moment, you get a different sense of the level of dominance that was the Arkansas track and cross country programs when you look at the rafters of the Tyson Center and see all those banners hanging.   

MHSGrad

GW also had some decent sprinters.. SS had a good hj, 800 guy.. Maybe now alma and vilonia will get a feel for what magnolia has to go through w the camdens, hopes, and hot springs of years past lol.. should be interesting.. Magnolia has a tough road ahead, but, w all their underclassmen, if they win it this year, they will be scary for years to come

AT

Quote from: vtown22 on February 20, 2011, 10:10:54 am
still to early to get too worried about track season...on vilonia side of it, sax didn't run well in the 200..He did slip out of blocks and is not a great indoor runner. He is also very slow out of blocks. 60 def not good race for him. 100 really isn't either..He only ran 23.5 last year..He has added some weight so it will be something to watch if he can carry it.... Vilonia's best distance runner woke up sick and couldn't hardly even run...800- Mann usually runs 2:05 or better...Got hurt in baseball practice this week...Ebmeyer who went around 2:01 last year tripped and fell at start of race, came out of first turn in last place. Did get a little worried with SS and GW though...Showed stuff they usually don't have..Alma didn't have the runners they usually have but I know coach will have them ready when it matters.. Did miss seeing orlando robinson run though...Heard they held him out to rest knee

Ebmeyer tripping in the first 20 meters of the race and not getting a restart was a ripoff for him. I wanted to see how he could run in the open 8. He ran good in the relay, though.

I guess I didn't see Sax's bad races. I thought he looked fine in the hurdles, though.

On the fact that Alma's runners aren't what they usually are...they have a bunch of young, inexperienced runners this year and the coaches are still trying to figure out where their potential is. It will be an interesting year for the Airedales to say the least, but I'm excited to see how they pull out another conference championshipo ;)

I'm a little worried about Siloam, but Greenwood doesn't worry me. They only had one good 800 runner from what I saw. They had some decent hurdlers and sprinters too....we shall see.

MHS_Tigerfan_#11

Does anyone have the results for the 1-4A girls?

AT

MHSGrad

Did Alex Chaffin get DQed in the 800?.. it has him at a NT, when they announced him at the track meet at 1:55.. Again, looking over the times and scores, Vilonia finished 10th, the best out of any 5A schools.. I think this might be leading to a wide open state meet, might be the best so far!

sevenof400

AT

Top 8 in each event for 5A. I'll be updating this at the end of each weekend with the top 5 steams projeted for state. Right now, this means NOTHING. But it gives you an idea of what I'll be doing.

(courtesy of directathletics.com)

200 meter dash
Keewan Kelly – Camden Fairview – 23.24
Anthony Blakely – Mills – 23.45
James Sax – Vilonia – 23.53
Brooks Mauldin – Alma – 23.55
Tanner Dvorak – Lakeside – 23.61
Nate Clark – Sylvan Hills – 23.67
David Crume – Vilonia – 23.71
Josh Moss – Camden Fairview – 23.78

400 meter dash
David Crume – Vilonia – 51.69
Kyle Moore – Vilonia – 54.49
Reece Totty – Beebe – 54.52
Ryan Todd – Camden Fairview – 55.83
Dillon Langely – Alma – 56.31
Kameron Pugh – Mills – 56.39
Nick Wilbanks – Alma – 56.64
Hollen Barnes – Mills – 56.98

800 meter run
Ian Carter – Greenwood – 2:05.50
Hayden Woods – Alma – 2:10.78
Vann Berry – Little Rock Christian – 2:14.02
Zack Mann – Vilonia – 2:14.38
Will Scarbrough – Siloam Springs – 2:15.48
Alex Ebmeyer – Vilonia – 2:15.58
Jacob Chisom – Monticello – 2:17.04
Alex Rody – Alma – 2:25.10

1600 meter run
Dylan Hosman – Paragould – 4:52.22
Andrew Maness – Alma – 5:04.24
Ben Fiser – Little Rock Christian – 5:05.08
Austin DeWitt – Little Rock Christian – 5:05.13
Corbin Greening – Siloam Springs – 5:07.35
Zach Bowling – Vilonia – 5:09.97
Matthew Montgomery – Monticello – 5:11.48
Cole Slayton – Lakeside – 5:17.29

3200 meter run
Austin DeWitt – Little Rock Christian – 10:43.04
Vann Berry – Little Rock Christian – 11:00.30
Taylor Fulenwider – Alma – 12:06.59

4 x 400 meter relay
Vilonia – 3:34.30
Alma – 3:40.85
Mills – 3:49.01
Greenwood – 3:50.90
Siloam Springs – 3:53.83

4 x 800 meter relay
Vilonia – 8:59.45
Alma – 9:11.10
Siloam Springs – 9:13.40
Hot Springs – 9:34.24
Monticello – 9:37.35

High Jump
Damian Blossom – Siloam Springs – 6' 1"
Josh Rogers – Alma – 5' 10"
Charles Fortson – Greenwood – 5' 8"
A.J. Christianson – Beebe – 5' 6"

Pole Vault
Trey Wyatt – Vilonia – 14' 0"

Long Jump
Nate Clark – Sylvan Hills – 22' 4.25"
Christopher Roberts – Mills – 21' 2.25"

Triple Jump
Nate Clark – Sylvan Hills – 43' 0.25"
Josh Moss – Camden Fairview – 42' 11.75"
Christopher Roberts – Mills – 42' 0.75"
Kevin Wooten – Camden Fairview – 41' 1.25"
Marekus Brewer – Crossett – 39' 4.5"
David Crume – Vilonia – 38' 9"
Keewan Kelly – Camden Fairview – 37' 8"
Charles Fortson – Greenwood – 37' 0.75"

Shot Put
Jordan White – Alma – 49' 5"
Zach Boyd – Alma – 43' 0"
Mark Guffin – Little Rock Christian – 41' 11.25"
Zach Mitchell – Vilonia – 41' 10.75"

Projected State Top 5 (Remember this means NOTHING right now. Just an idea of what I'll be doing each week)
1. Alma - 76
2. Vilonia - 75
3. Little Rock Christian - 41
4. Mills - 32
5. Camden Fairview - 31

MHSGrad

I'm figuring Magnolia would be pretty close too... March 4th is our first track meet, ill post the results :)

bulldog60

Noticed earlier yall were discussing the indoor track meet.  Is it true the Waldron Lady Bulldogs finished 1st and the boys finished 3rd?  Used to keep up with the track program but havnt a whole lot lately.  Anyone know out there?

RATTLER43

Yes, Waldron's teams finished in 1st and 3rd. Program has been decent for a couple of years now. The boys 4x800m was awesome last year. Chance Tanner is a wonderful runner.

RATTLER43

http://arkansastrackstats.net/default.aspx

Go here for a recap. From our area it mentions Yaz (Hackett), Nathan Weir (UCA), and Long Yang (Magazine) in 2A along with Waldron and Mansfield teams and athletes.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 21, 2011, 10:15:43 pm
Top 8 in each event for 5A. I'll be updating this at the end of each weekend with the top 5 steams projeted for state. Right now, this means NOTHING. But it gives you an idea of what I'll be doing.

(courtesy of directathletics.com)

200 meter dash
Keewan Kelly – Camden Fairview – 23.24
Anthony Blakely – Mills – 23.45
James Sax – Vilonia – 23.53
Brooks Mauldin – Alma – 23.55
Tanner Dvorak – Lakeside – 23.61
Nate Clark – Sylvan Hills – 23.67
David Crume – Vilonia – 23.71
Josh Moss – Camden Fairview – 23.78

400 meter dash
David Crume – Vilonia – 51.69
Kyle Moore – Vilonia – 54.49
Reece Totty – Beebe – 54.52
Ryan Todd – Camden Fairview – 55.83
Dillon Langely – Alma – 56.31
Kameron Pugh – Mills – 56.39
Nick Wilbanks – Alma – 56.64
Hollen Barnes – Mills – 56.98

800 meter run
Ian Carter – Greenwood – 2:05.50
Hayden Woods – Alma – 2:10.78
Vann Berry – Little Rock Christian – 2:14.02
Zack Mann – Vilonia – 2:14.38
Will Scarbrough – Siloam Springs – 2:15.48
Alex Ebmeyer – Vilonia – 2:15.58
Jacob Chisom – Monticello – 2:17.04
Alex Rody – Alma – 2:25.10

1600 meter run
Dylan Hosman – Paragould – 4:52.22
Andrew Maness – Alma – 5:04.24
Ben Fiser – Little Rock Christian – 5:05.08
Austin DeWitt – Little Rock Christian – 5:05.13
Corbin Greening – Siloam Springs – 5:07.35
Zach Bowling – Vilonia – 5:09.97
Matthew Montgomery – Monticello – 5:11.48
Cole Slayton – Lakeside – 5:17.29

3200 meter run
Austin DeWitt – Little Rock Christian – 10:43.04
Vann Berry – Little Rock Christian – 11:00.30
Taylor Fulenwider – Alma – 12:06.59

4 x 400 meter relay
Vilonia – 3:34.30
Alma – 3:40.85
Mills – 3:49.01
Greenwood – 3:50.90
Siloam Springs – 3:53.83

4 x 800 meter relay
Vilonia – 8:59.45
Alma – 9:11.10
Siloam Springs – 9:13.40
Hot Springs – 9:34.24
Monticello – 9:37.35

High Jump
Damian Blossom – Siloam Springs – 6' 1"
Josh Rogers – Alma – 5' 10"
Charles Fortson – Greenwood – 5' 8"
A.J. Christianson – Beebe – 5' 6"

Pole Vault
Trey Wyatt – Vilonia – 14' 0"

Long Jump
Nate Clark – Sylvan Hills – 22' 4.25"
Christopher Roberts – Mills – 21' 2.25"

Triple Jump
Nate Clark – Sylvan Hills – 43' 0.25"
Josh Moss – Camden Fairview – 42' 11.75"
Christopher Roberts – Mills – 42' 0.75"
Kevin Wooten – Camden Fairview – 41' 1.25"
Marekus Brewer – Crossett – 39' 4.5"
David Crume – Vilonia – 38' 9"
Keewan Kelly – Camden Fairview – 37' 8"
Charles Fortson – Greenwood – 37' 0.75"

Shot Put
Jordan White – Alma – 49' 5"
Zach Boyd – Alma – 43' 0"
Mark Guffin – Little Rock Christian – 41' 11.25"
Zach Mitchell – Vilonia – 41' 10.75"

Projected State Top 5 (Remember this means NOTHING right now. Just an idea of what I'll be doing each week)
1. Alma - 76
2. Vilonia - 75
3. Little Rock Christian - 41
4. Mills - 32
5. Camden Fairview - 31

I like the material Trackster. I plan on attending some bigger meets at the V. My son ran last year (400) but decided to not do it this year after football. Keep it up, I know it takes some time to post this stuff but you do a great job.

RATTLER43

Hackattack1994

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 22, 2011, 09:48:29 pm
Agreed. Great stuff!

great job looks like your guys did great! The yaz had a pretty fast 60 time, and a great long jump suprised he didnt run more then those 2 events...
Goodluck with outdoor rattler and keep me updated during outdoor on the yaz and ill let you know in a few days if hackett is going to field a team besides yaz.

AT

Rattler, were you happy with Travis's 800 run? I think it seems like a pretty good time this early and he definitely competed.

Did he expect to be faster?

RATTLER43

It was mediocre. He played on the varsity basketball team this year and has not gotten in his workouts regularly. He got locked out on lap 1 but laps 2, 3, and 4 were good. He knew he had gotten out too slowly. Hoping for 2:06 by the end.

Hackattack1994

saw the yaz in the paper today there was a picture of him and the head coach. rattler are you gona have any guys do discus and shot in outdoor?

RATTLER43

Yes. I have Jay Moua, Dustin Medlin, Skyler McElroy all over 40' and Bobby Moua and John Johnson both over 35'; McElroy over 130', Jay 115', and the others just over 100'. We should be pretty good by district. Jay is still recovering from a hand injury and McElroy is in basketball.

RATTLER43

Quote from: Hackattack1994 on February 22, 2011, 10:31:20 pm
Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 22, 2011, 09:48:29 pm
Agreed. Great stuff!

Will keep you updated. Should be a great spring. Yaz should do well at state in multiple events. Will have to wait and see how he does in 100m and 200m. I think he left before 200m. The meet lasted until nearly midnight. We stayed for all events. I have to try to get all my guys in events and we were only allowed three per event.

great job looks like your guys did great! The yaz had a pretty fast 60 time, and a great long jump suprised he didnt run more then those 2 events...
Goodluck with outdoor rattler and keep me updated during outdoor on the yaz and ill let you know in a few days if hackett is going to field a team besides yaz.

AT

The SEC Indoor Championships started yesterday.

All they did on the mens' side was the first 4 events in the heptathlon. Right now Kevin Lazas, Terry Prentice, and Matt Kirbos of Arkansas are 2, 4, and 7 respectively and all are in position to score.

On the womens' side, they started and finished the pentathlon last night. Makeba Alcide and Leah Orley of Arkansas finished 4th and 8th respectively and picked up 6 points. Makeba Alcide got a personal best score, but Orley finished a little short of her PB.

RATTLER43

Looking for that breakout for Buck's group. His team has to perform at a big meet. This could be the first of many to come.

AT

After the second day, the top 3 are..

Florida 41
Arkansas 39
LSU 30

The triple jump is a HUGE event for the Razorbacks. As is the 5k and high jump. We need big points in those...

RATTLER43

TJ was a killer as Florida went 1-2-3 and we got 4th. Batchelor went 54'+.

We are down by 13.5 with relay to go. We will be runner-up to the Gators.

Braddy NCAA qualified!

RATTLER43

Braddy anchored our relay to a 3:05 win and automatically qualified!!!

Gators beat us but I think we are on the way back!!!!  Our young talent really performed this weekend. Great recruiting class on the way. Irwin's height last week would have taken third at this meet. Our sprinters performed. Our multi-events kids performed, .....  We just flat out competed this weekend. Great to be a Hog fan. We were just a few marks from beating a great Florida team.

RATTLER43

Florida, LSU, and Arkansas were ranked 1-2-5 going in. LSU and Arkansas were 2-4 in womens. Our men and women both look good going into NCAAs. Our women were incredible in the 400m.

AT

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 27, 2011, 04:09:03 pm
Braddy anchored our relay to a 3:05 win and automatically qualified!!!

Gators beat us but I think we are on the way back!!!!  Our young talent really performed this weekend. Great recruiting class on the way. Irwin's height last week would have taken third at this meet. Our sprinters performed. Our multi-events kids performed, .....  We just flat out competed this weekend. Great to be a Hog fan. We were just a few marks from beating a great Florida team.

I am disappointed we lost, but in no way mad. It seems we have alot of young athletes competing and improving like you said.

The TJ hurt, because Florida had 3 PRs in that event...you usually don't see that.

I was most impressed by these Razorback athletes (men's) this weekend

1. Tarik Batchelor - He came out and won the LJ and finished 4th behind 3 CRAZY world class triple jumpers. He helped alot

2. Neill Braddy - I can't believe how good he is already. He is one of the best 400 runners in the COUNTRY and led the Razorbacks to an outstanding 4 x 400 win.

3. LaShawn Butler - He only scored in one event, but he did it when it looked like he had no chance. He is a senior and has steadily improved each year through hard work and dedication. He gave Arkansas a chance by getting SECOND in the 200 by PRing.

4. All Arkansas 5ker's. Haile, Fernandez, Boyer, and Cattin-Masson put us back in the thick of things.

5. Marek Niit - He had a great prelimanary round in the 200 and 400, PRing in both. I think he was a little tired today and didn't run the greatest finals...but its hard to compete at that level over and overagain.

RATTLER43

I agree. Our multi-events guys (Lazas, especially) were great, too.

AT

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 27, 2011, 04:41:12 pm
I agree. Our multi-events guys (Lazas, especially) were great, too.

Oh wow, I forgot about them...Lazas would be up there too.

RATTLER43

Although Higgs (freshman) did not win or runner-up he went over 25 in long jump and 7' in high jump. He will be our next great jumper (I figure he will go 52 or longer in triple too if they push him in all three) on the hill. I am just so encouraged right now. Best we have looked in years and the future is the brightest it has been in 7 or 8 years.

I am just buzzing right now.

RATTLER43

Keeping up with Hogs on internet and watching VISA track on ESPN. Lagat just outkicked Galen Rupp in 3000. Good day for me being such a big track fan.

RATTLER43

Ellingsen and Golbek also placed in high jump. The E got 6'11". Reminded me of the Booth high jumpers of days gone by. We could have three over 7 next year!

AT

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 27, 2011, 05:03:54 pm
Ellingsen and Golbek also placed in high jump. The E got 6'11". Reminded me of the Booth high jumpers of days gone by. We could have three over 7 next year!

Get this...Golbeck was over 6'11"...he got off the mat and was cheering. The camera follows him and then you see him turn around with his hands in the air saying "What!?!" Obviously the bar fell after a big delay.

RATTLER43

I am beginning to be  a believer. Buck just had to get them to buy into his program. He is beginning to get his recruits in as well.

InYoGrill

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 27, 2011, 05:09:05 pm
I am beginning to be  a believer. Buck just had to get them to buy into his program. He is beginning to get his recruits in as well.

Very great news AT and Ratt!! Glad to see the program is turning the corner. Too  many banners hanging to just be just another "good" program. Keep up with the updates!

RATTLER43

SECOND is so powerful. Hogs looked great. Strong at nearly every event. Buck has recruits coming in to fill some of the voids. Throws and vaulting was very weak for us. That was about it.

AT

Yeah Ewing had a disappointing indoor season. Hopefully he gets everything going by outdoor.

Two former Arkansas high school athletes had great indoor seasons (Neill Braddy and Whitney Jones).

Two more had pretty good indoor seasons (Caleb Cross and Grace Heymsfield)

And two others didn't have great seasons but still have a lot of time to reach their potential (Cameron Efurd and Samuel Ewing).

~WPS~

I just can't get over how impressive that 4x400 relay was. Top time in the world this year. Hogs look strong for NCAA championships.

AT

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 27, 2011, 10:17:01 pm
I just can't get over how impressive that 4x400 relay was. Top time in the world this year. Hogs look strong for NCAA championships.

They have a chance to score big at Nationals.. Florida will be a favorite to win it, but alot of that depends on if their triple jumpers can have those amazing jumps in one meet again.

Its crazy that the Razorbacks have 3 guys in position to score in the 400 at Nationals

RATTLER43

Looking for a big finish at indoor Nationals to propel us into a great outdoor season. I just cannot say enough about Braddy.

rattler13

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 28, 2011, 07:32:39 pm
Looking for a big finish at indoor Nationals to propel us into a great outdoor season. I just cannot say enough about Braddy.
You sure talk alot about track for someone we just about had to drag to the district meet every year when we were in school!!!!  LOL

InYoGrill

Is Braddy the kid from FS South?

AT

Yes, he is IYG.

All this talk about former high school athletes makes me ready for outdoor track!

I think the first meet is in a couple of days in DeQueen.

I know Magnolia is going to be there. Anyone else?

DJ86

Quote from: InYoGrill on March 01, 2011, 07:47:30 am

Is Braddy the kid from FS South?

Speaking of former southsiders, what ever happened to jumper Micah Washington?

RATTLER43

Quote from: rattler13 on February 28, 2011, 10:50:02 pm
You sure talk alot about track for someone we just about had to drag to the district meet every year when we were in school!!!!  LOL

Just got home from practice. Wow. What a great day. I don't generally do any measurements this early; we typically just work on technique, conditioning, and weightroom and plyos. But my #1 thrower just came out from basketball and hit 46' from the front and over 120' from the front. I was just soaring. All my kids looked great.

Hey, 13. Watch it, man.

For all you others out there, 13 was the 1 in our 1-2 punch in athletics in high school. 'nuff said about the old days. Back to talking about our kids.

We are having a tri-meet at our place on the 15th. 13, you ought to come out and watch some of our junior high kids compete.

Hogs up to #3 in men and in women.

AT

Quote from: RATTLER43 on March 01, 2011, 08:27:18 pm
Quote from: rattler13 on February 28, 2011, 10:50:02 pm

Just got home from practice. Wow. What a great day. I don't generally do any measurements this early; we typically just work on technique, conditioning, and weightroom and plyos. But my #1 thrower just came out from basketball and hit 46' from the front and over 120' from the front. I was just soaring. All my kids looked great.

Hey, 13. Watch it, man.

For all you others out there, 13 was the 1 in our 1-2 punch in athletics in high school. 'nuff said about the old days. Back to talking about our kids.

We are having a tri-meet at our place on the 15th. 13, you ought to come out and watch some of our junior high kids compete.

Hogs up to #3 in men and in women.

Wow 46 and 120 right out of basketball! Haha, your up there with Coach Hale from Alma in coaching throwers. ;)

Alma's first meet will be the Fort Smith City relays on the 10th of March. Alma has more meets than usual this year. I think Coach Mac knows he needs to whip this bunch into shape and find out what they are capable of doing.

BBRB

Does anyone know the weight of the shot for 8th grade girls?  Need to pick up something to practice with.

vtown22

RATTLER43

I have always admired Coach Hale and Southside's coaches as far as developing throwers. We will typically have some that compete at upper level as well. We chart progression of everything. Have one at 37'11", one at 41'2", one at 42', and one at 46'. Hoping for a 50' throw this season. That is normal at Alma but not at smaller schools. My last great thrower was over 49' and got beat at state by Byron Jones and Wilkerson who both topped 50. Hoping to get mine there and maybe do well at MOC.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas