• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attention 7A Soccer Fans / post scores here

Started by sevenof400, February 22, 2011, 10:42:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Insider

I've got the file on my computer but I'm not sure how to load it on here.

Insider

May 11, 2011, 11:08:25 am #301 Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:15:13 am by Insider
You would think their would be a way to insert a file?

arkansas_traveller

centralsoccawatcha

Quote from: WC-soccer dad on May 11, 2011, 09:15:41 am
where did you get your video from?

I would like to know that too. I know both of the coaches at Conway have the video and neither of them would have given it away. So, where did you get yours? Not meaning to sound to harsh, but just not sure where you would have gotten it from.

futboliac

After getting the video from insider I have watched it over and over looking at each player, center ref, and keeper etc. May have changed my mind to this actually just being a good play.
  I don't have sound on my office computer and not certain I would hear much of consequence anyway. The two Bryant players collided across the ball, went down, and sat up and looked at and gestured to each other as if astonished while one of them stood. No grabbing ankles, writhing in pain etc.
  Some Conway guys caught looking but those that counted just got beaten. When Rowlan broke for the ball being played in his defender broke at the same time but trailed from the beginning and appeared to just get out hustled/outrun . Other Conway players stood but some stayed in the play but the Conway guys seemed out hustled. Maybe they were distracted by the play, don't know. Cody, the keeper, although seemingly a bit distracted initially, stayed with the play and the ball the entire time, got in position facing up to the ball and the attacker but was just beaten on the one on one. Interesting!

PressBox-81

Conway Boys win 6-0 over North Little Rock

woodpeckerfsm

CatsBack

Hornet-Hawg

Did Cabot and Van Buren finish their VG game?

Native10

Cabot girls defeated Van Buren on pks after 0-0 tie at the end of regulation

trevster10

Link ^ to the play in question.

You be the judge of how long they stayed on the ground.. ::)

soccerdna

trevster10

Quote from: SirSoccer on May 05, 2011, 03:31:03 pm
Please do post video..
This is not a NICE TRICK PLAY, it is complete trash, coaches and players should be suspended.  Ref should have stopped play before kick and checked on kids, or straight booked them if the ref could tell it was fake.

If this is really played out how it seems on the board, that is one of the trashiest things i've seen in the sport.

Noticeable abscense ever since the video has been posted.

trevster10

Quote from: futbolfollower on May 04, 2011, 03:05:28 pm
This is not the first conversation on this board about Bryant players', fans', and team conduct. Faking injuries to take advantage of the concern of opposing players to distract from play and score is, if not against the rules, clearly unethical. Bryant relied on the ethical concern inherent in each one of us to complete an unethical play.

Noticeable abscense from this poster, too.

PressBox-81

The one positive I do see in the video was the person filming did a good job.  And to be able to edit out only that play from the whole game is pretty good as well.

United11

I don't think the ref had time or wherewithal to make a call there, and no one should be suspended, but I still don't like the play.  To some extent it does take advantage of concern for a downed player.  Conway should have defended better, but its still a dirty play in my opinion.

trevster10

PressBox-81

Quote from: trevster10 on May 13, 2011, 09:50:29 am
WC, did you not see the goal? ;)

I saw more than goal Trev I sat through the whole game.

As a matter of fact I have sat through all the Conway's games for the last few years and will be sitting in CowButt today watching them play FSN.

Good luck to the Hornets as they defeat Heritage.

SirSoccer

May 13, 2011, 09:55:09 am #319 Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:01:10 am by SirSoccer
I just thought the conversation was over.  Seems to me that the play was still wrong.  one player stays on the ground just about until the goal is in, other throws his hands up.  Basically, it goes against the idea of stopping play for an injured player and if I ever played against bryant I wouldn't trust any of their players being "injured'. 

It is clear the keeper stops, all the defenders stop, the wall is confused.  I mean it is a pretty bad thing to do in my opinion still.

really, with the defenders position and the play, if you take away the divers I think they could still score from the set piece with the same design minus the nonsense. 

Soccer84

As for the player being "on the ground just about until the goal is in", you can see that player didn't stop in the process of getting up or just laid there with injury. 

Also for the player that threw his hands up, why would he throw his hands up to the referee?  He didn't get fouled.  There was no call to be argued for.  I just think it was part of the setup to the play.

"It is clear the keeper stops, all the defenders stop, the wall is confused."  Players are always taught to play to the whistle.  I think the Conway team was caught in the moment of the action that took place.  Example: Defender thinks an attacking player is offside when they receive the ball and throws his hand up to the assistant referee.  Just because the defender thinks its offsides doesn't mean it was.  Play until you here the whistle.

I can see both sides of the argument on this and I think both are valid to a degree.  Bryant ran a play that Conway fell for.  If this happened at midfield without a chance of a goal, I don't think the reaction to everything would have been the same.  On the flip side of the coin, I think after reading this board and knowing that this wasn't the first time Bryant tried to run this play (against Van Buren too), it goes against the spirit of the game.

I don't expect to see any attempt at this from Bryant the rest of the season as all other teams they might face have probably already heard about it.

futbolfollower

Quite simply I'm just tired of this discussion. Old news now and time for playoffs.
I firmly stand behind everything that I said with the exception of any comments related to faked injury...unless of course they faked injury! Those were based on what we were all told, and still, if injury is faked for advantage it's inappropriate and classless. All other comments about Bryant boys' inappropriate actions through the season also stand.
It's clear that Bryant supporters prefer to portray this play as clever and fun. All others feel it's anywhere from on the margins of ethical to outright wrong.
As a7A Central fan I prefer that all our teams beat the west. Difficult to root for Bryant with the type of "soccer culture" that is embraced there but I will be rooting for them against the west. Kind of like being a Razorback fan and rooting for other SEC teams in nonconference games!
If there is any justice at all, after the two games that Central and Catholic played this season, it will be an all 7A Central final between those two teams for a rubber match to determine this years state champion!

Hornet-Hawg

May 13, 2011, 12:18:52 pm #322 Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:11:43 pm by Hornet-Hawg
Quote from: futbolfollower on May 13, 2011, 11:13:52 am
Quite simply I'm just tired of this discussion. Old news now and time for playoffs.
I firmly stand behind everything that I said with the exception of any comments related to faked injury...unless of course they faked injury! Those were based on what we were all told, and still, if injury is faked for advantage it's inappropriate and classless. All other comments about Bryant boys' inappropriate actions through the season also stand.
It's clear that Bryant supporters prefer to portray this play as clever and fun. All others feel it's anywhere from on the margins of ethical to outright wrong.
As a7A Central fan I prefer that all our teams beat the west. Difficult to root for Bryant with the type of "soccer culture" that is embraced there but I will be rooting for them against the west. Kind of like being a Razorback fan and rooting for other SEC teams in nonconference games!
If there is any justice at all, after the two games that Central and Catholic played this season, it will be an all 7A Central final between those two teams for a rubber match to determine this years state champion!

Nice to know you are so tired of the discussion that you then felt the need to continue.

sloan

Is there such a thing as a soccer snob? Perhaps soccer purist would be more diplomatic.

futboliac

Quote from: futbolfollower on May 13, 2011, 11:13:52 am

Clear and well said Futbolfollower.

sevenof400

Quote from: futbolfollower on May 13, 2011, 11:13:52 am... If there is any justice at all, after the two games that Central and Catholic played this season, it will be an all 7A Central final between those two teams for a rubber match to determine this years state champion!

Looks like Catholic might have been looking ahead today just a bit....that was a surprising result.

LRfan

May 14, 2011, 02:06:32 pm #326 Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:29:22 pm by LRfan
Quote from: sevenof400 on May 14, 2011, 01:23:44 pm
Quote from: futbolfollower on May 13, 2011, 11:13:52 am... If there is any justice at all, after the two games that Central and Catholic played this season, it will be an all 7A Central final between those two teams for a rubber match to determine this years state champion!

Looks like Catholic might have been looking ahead today just a bit....that was a surprising result.

I disagree. None of these teams left in the 7A boys are slouches. Fort Smith Southside played hard and had some great players. They beat Cabot 4-1. Cabot beat Catholic in kicks and lost to them 1-0 in the conference season. FSSS's record was 16-3-1, not 3-16-1. I suspect most games will be 1 goal decisions from here on out.

Cp14

trevster10

Sportsaholic94

I'm embarrassed that this is out there nationally. This is a disgrace to the sport of soccer, especially in Arkansas... wow

trevster10

SirSoccer

Quote from: Sportsaholic94 on May 17, 2011, 07:25:41 am
I'm embarrassed that this is out there nationally. This is a disgrace to the sport of soccer, especially in Arkansas... wow

agreed... no jealousy... embarrassed for them and arkansas soccer.

trevster10

BigPoppaHog

I have to agree with Trev, ya'll crack me up. 1st of all nobody nationally gives a rats rear about soccer in Arkansas, secondly if it had been your coach and or team that came up with this it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread but ya'll act like soccer is the freakin holy grail of sports and these kids have descrated it . It was something unique and kudos to those that pulled it off. If you want to whine and cry about something how about all of the ridiculous flops that happen every game or the "real" fake injuries where the kid lays on the ground peeking up to see if play is going to be stopped then when it is suddenly they can stand up and walk to the sidelines. Holy cow miraculous recovery!!! You know your kid is one of these and you get so upset when they're laying on the ground and you are screaming about stopping play. Give me a break!!

Sportsaholic94

I'm also embarrassed when kids fake injuries and try to waste time. It makes the game of soccer look bad just like this fake play... What's your point?

BigPoppaHog

The point is its ridiculous that all of this space has been taken up by something that doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things.

ilovemydog2367

What is everyone's feelings about the girls teams in the finals? I have seen them both play and it will be a good game, that's for sure

Bentonville or Conway?

trevster10

Quote from: Sportsaholic94 on May 17, 2011, 10:16:00 pm
I'm also embarrassed when kids fake injuries and try to waste time. It makes the game of soccer look bad just like this fake play... What's your point?

So, Sportsaholic, have any other sports that you like to watch?

trevster10

Quote from: BigPoppaHog on May 17, 2011, 10:08:09 pm
I have to agree with Trev, ya'll crack me up. 1st of all nobody nationally gives a rats rear about soccer in Arkansas, secondly if it had been your coach and or team that came up with this it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread but ya'll act like soccer is the freakin holy grail of sports and these kids have descrated it . It was something unique and kudos to those that pulled it off. If you want to whine and cry about something how about all of the ridiculous flops that happen every game or the "real" fake injuries where the kid lays on the ground peeking up to see if play is going to be stopped then when it is suddenly they can stand up and walk to the sidelines. Holy cow miraculous recovery!!! You know your kid is one of these and you get so upset when they're laying on the ground and you are screaming about stopping play. Give me a break!!

This about sums it up. Great post.

Sportsaholic94

I'm not going to argue with you about this. You think its amazing and I think it's wrong. End of discussion.

Now to the girls game... I haven't seen Bentonville play but I do know the Conway girls team is about as good as it gets for high school. They will be even better next year with the majority f the girls being Juniors who have played together for years through club and what not. They have an amazing keeper out of Brittany and a solid back line. They will be a tough nut to crack.

Sir Alex

Quote from: BigPoppaHog on May 17, 2011, 10:08:09 pm
It is the holy grail of sports.... 

futbolfollower

May 18, 2011, 09:47:49 am #341 Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:30:18 am by futbolfollower
Heh heh Daddy. Dit u see whut we dun tah them boys from Cornway?

heck yeh boy. Made me fall rite outa the cab of my dually. What'd u think Huney Britches?

Hang on there Orville....whars that dang spittoon? Thar it is. Sput-ding! Couldn'ta been prouder if I'da been out thar doin that rear whupin mah self. Ur coach teach uh that Bubba?

Yup momma. Rite after trash talkin practice and rite befur we dun our white lightnin' break. Tha fallin' down part wuz ez but couldn't keep frum bustin out laughin when them boys fell fur it.

Heh heh. We wuza hee hawing up on them thar bleachurs wit all us other parunts when u boys dun it too. U dun give them boys a dose ah good ole fashioned all Amurican style butt whuppin for that gol durned un- Amurican game.

Cum on Bubba. Let's go run tha trotlines befur we head down town fur the mayor's barn dance and bull ridin'. See u thar Huney Britches.

Yee Haw! Can't wait fur the calf ropin' too Daddy! Bye Momma. Don't furgit my fave-ur- rite Lee Greenwood album when u drive ur Firebird into town tu meet us.

Sir Alex

Now that's funny ;D   Sad part is I could actually read it and understand what you were saying.

coach cleats

In the end soccer is about thinking. Doesn't matter about much else. If your not paying attention someone will take advantage of you. Much like life. Soccer is fluid game that doesn't stop except for fouls. Thats when you really have to be prepared.
that all for now I have to go to practice. Tonight I will teach proper pony-tail pulling. ;D

BigPoppaHog

Quote from: futbolfollower on May 18, 2011, 09:47:49 am

heck yeh boy. Made me fall rite outa the cab of my dually. What'd u think Huney Britches?

Hang on there Orville....whars that dang spittoon? Thar it is. Sput-ding! Couldn'ta been prouder if I'da been out thar doin that rear whupin mah self. Ur coach teach uh that Bubba?

Yup momma. Rite after trash talkin practice and rite befur we dun our white lightnin' break. Tha fallin' down part wuz ez but couldn't keep frum bustin out laughin when them boys fell fur it.

Heh heh. We wuza hee hawing up on them thar bleachurs wit all us other parunts when u boys dun it too. U dun give them boys a dose ah good ole fashioned all Amurican style butt whuppin for that gol durned un- Amurican game.

Cum on Bubba. Let's go run tha trotlines befur we head down town fur the mayor's barn dance and bull ridin'. See u thar Huney Britches.

Yee Haw! Can't wait fur the calf ropin' too Daddy! Bye Momma. Don't furgit my fave-ur- rite Lee Greenwood album when u drive ur Firebird into town tu meet us.
Now thats funny stuff right there, i dont care who ya are or where your from

trevster10

Quote from: futbolfollower on May 18, 2011, 09:47:49 am

The worst part is that you know that is what everybody not living in Texas or Arkansas thought was being said..

wampusdragon27

Ok. So the Bryant boys ran into each other, had a fine bit of acting, and looked silly. The Conway boys forgot how to man mark, got scored on, and looked silly. Fact is, neither the Conway boys nor the Bryant boys are in the finals so let's move forward.
Now...predictions as to who the boys and girls 7A champs will be this Saturday?

Chosen 1

It was a clean play 100 percent. Referee did the right thing by allowing play to continue. The point of the play was a distraction and it distracted everybody on the defense.

Awesome play.

trevster10

Quote from: wampusdragon27 on May 18, 2011, 11:58:06 pm
Ok. So the Bryant boys ran into each other, had a fine bit of acting, and looked silly. The Conway boys forgot how to man mark, got scored on, and looked silly. Fact is, neither the Conway boys nor the Bryant boys are in the finals so let's move forward.
Now...predictions as to who the boys and girls 7A champs will be this Saturday?

It's still be talked about because it is all over the Web now. It was "trending" on youtube yesterday, and now has almost a million views.

PressBox-81

Trev just think if I could have gotten a penny for each view of the video!!!  But then again that is the beauty of the free internet.  I guess I should have added my name to bottom of the video stream so that I could claim something each time it is played on tv.

Oh well maybe next time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas