• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farmington Football 2014

Started by TIGER101, July 31, 2014, 11:47:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TIGER101

How will Farmington do this year being bumped to 5A???

The Future

They will offer a good game to the lower teams in the conference each year and a good tune up game to the upper teams.
They won't be playoff contenders.
This year they finish 7th. 6th if they beat Clarksville.

beach bum

In stronger years where Farmington is up they should compete for the 3 or 4 seed.... Years like last year or this year where they are down they will be clawing for conference wins all together.

DerekOxford

August 01, 2014, 09:22:21 am #3 Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:52:36 pm by DerekOxford
2014 Farmington Cardinals
Sept. 5^at Prairie Grove^7 p.m. L
Sept. 12^at Huntsville^7 p.m. W
Sept. 19^Van Buren^7 p.m. L
Sept. 26^Little Rock Christian*^7 p.m. L
Oct. 3^Greenbrier*^7 p.m. L
Oct. 10^at Clarksville*^7 p.m. W
Oct. 17^at Morrilton*^7 p.m. L
Oct. 24^Vilonia*^7 p.m. L
Oct. 31^Maumelle*^7 p.m. W
Nov. 7^at Harrison*^7 p.m. L

The Future

Quote from: DerekOxford on August 01, 2014, 09:22:21 am
Sept. 12^at Huntsville^7 p.m. W
Sept. 19^at Van Buren^7 p.m. L
Sept. 26^Little Rock Christian*^7 p.m. W
Oct. 3^at Greenbrier*^7 p.m. L
Oct. 10^at Clarksville*^7 p.m. W
Oct. 17^Morrilton*^7 p.m. L
Oct. 31^at Maumelle*^7 p.m. L

How good would you say you know Farmington football? I'm not being sarcastic. Its a serious question because I really don't know anything about them other than the fact that they consistently make the playoffs. And because of that, I'm sure theres some things you know that I don't lol.

I have them going:
LRC- big loss
Greenbrier- big loss.
Clarksville- coin toss
Morrilton- big loss
Vilonia- loss
Maumelle- win
Harrison- loss

The reason I ask is because while I agree with the 2-5 conference record, I have them beating 2 different opponents.
You have them beating LRC and Clarksville. Ok Clarksville is a maybe, I'll give ya that. But I don't see them getting past LRC.
I have them beating Maumelle, who you picked to beat them, and maybe Clarksville.

My Picks:
Greenbrier 7-0
LRC 6-1
Morrilton 5-2
Harrison 4-3
Vilonia 4-3
Clarksville 2-5
Farmington 1-6
Maumelle 0-7

As far as the noncon games go, I agree that Grove will be a loss and Huntsville will be a win. Van Buren is a winnable game I think. Especially in Farmington's stronger years like you spoke of.

Cajun Hog

Sept. 12^at Huntsville^7 p.m. L
Sept. 19^at Van Buren^7 p.m. L
Sept. 26^Little Rock Christian*^7 p.m. L
Oct. 3^at Greenbrier*^7 p.m. L
Oct. 10^at Clarksville*^7 p.m. Toss-up
Oct. 17^Morrilton*^7 p.m. L
Oct. 31^at Maumelle*^7 p.m. L

1-9 or 0-10

tmycjy

Just went threw the numbers and this is how Farmington season will go

Praire Grove.   10-24 L
Huntsville.       26-7. W
Van Buren        24-21 W
LR Christian.     21-17 W
Greenbrier.        20-27 L
Clarksville.        19-10 W
Morrilton           13-31 L
Vilonia               21-14 W
Maumelle.          13-21 L
Harrison.            28-27 W

Farmington season will go 6-4 4-3 in west play now reamber number can change if player get hurt or that why team plays it could changes

DerekOxford

Quote from: tmycjy on August 01, 2014, 05:48:30 pm

Praire Grove.   10-24 L
Van Buren        24-21 W

Farmington season will go 6-4 4-3 in west play now reamber number can change if player get hurt or that why team plays it could changes

If Farmington makes the playoffs in its first year in 5A Mike Adams should get COY regardless of classification.

Cajun Hog

Praire Grove.   10-24 L
Van Buren        24-21 W

This would be a miracle if it happened.  ;D

Vteagle

Cajun Hog.....are you kidding me with that Farmington prediction?  They won't beat Harrison or LRC and WON'T play Greenbrier and Morrilton nearly that close!!  Appreciate the optimism, but I think a 500 season this year for Farmington is the best you can hope for!

Big Fan

Quote from: Vteagle on August 02, 2014, 04:39:10 am
Cajun Hog.....are you kidding me with that Farmington prediction?  They won't beat Harrison or LRC and WON'T play Greenbrier and Morrilton nearly that close!!  Appreciate the optimism, but I think a 500 season this year for Farmington is the best you can hope for!
You might won't to go back and re-read before calling Cajun Hog out. 

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Vteagle on August 02, 2014, 04:39:10 am

HEY!!! I said 1-9 or 0-10 re-read the post.

tmycjy

Quote from: Cajun Hog on August 01, 2014, 10:14:16 pm

Praire Grove.   10-24 L
Van Buren        24-21 W

This would be a miracle if it happened.  ;D

Hey I'm just say what my computer said it would be

turftime

Farmington will play Wynne in the finals of the 5A state. Farmboys 45--- Yellerjackets 6

beach bum

The Farmington game I went to last year against Prairie Grove did not look like a normal Farmington team of the last 7 or 8 years. They did not really have much team speed. I don't know how that changes in one year. Maybe it does though but I am going to say 2-8 and 1-6 in 5A West play. Previous to last year Farmington could have gotten a playoff berth as a 3 or 4 seed like I earlier said..... Its a bad time for them to make the jump to 5A for sure.

michael2370

With the exception of Greenwood teams normally struggle for a few years when moving up a classification.  I know there are other exceptions but the instant success is uncommon.

Vteagle

Sorry Cajun hog! I posted in haste after reading the Farmington prediction, obviously I need to pay attention!  Never the less, Farmington will struggle in the 5A West this year!!

DerekOxford

August 04, 2014, 12:51:03 pm #17 Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:53:46 pm by DerekOxford
It's unfortunate that Farmington got moved up this season because they actually have a pretty solid team. 4A to 5A is a pretty big jump.

If they were in the 1-4A this year I would make them a favorite to finish second behind either PG or Shiloh.

Hobbs and Blew are both solid and Ingram is supposed to be a lot better this year as a senior at WR. The real question is how good will the quarterback play be? Waggle got experience last year backing up Austin and Tarren Pettigrew missed all of his junior year with a torn ACL.

BEST CASE

Let's say they play PG close, beat Huntsville and play Van Buren close. 1-2 isn't the worst shape to be in heading into conference. They have two home games against LR Christian and Greenbrier, schools that have never played at Allen Holland Field. If they split those, 2-3 and 1-1 heading into the final five games.

Clarksville is winnable. If they can win that, they're 3-3 and 2-1 with four games to go, two of which are at home. They're not beating Morrilton on the road. Vilonia is probably a loss at home. Still, 3-5 and 2-3 going into the final two games.

They could beat Maumelle and that game at Harrison on 11/7 might be for the fourth and final playoff berth.

WORST CASE

They get blown out by Prairie Grove, lose a heartbreaker to Huntsville and get blown out by Van Buren heading into conference. They only beat Clarksville and finish 1-9.

Go Postal

One thing that a 4A team has moving into the 5A, there is no more of the 4-1, 4-2, etc or even the 6A/7A conference (power points?) whatever games for seeding.  The 5A conference is easy to see how you are doing on overall conference standings.  You win, you win.  You lose, you lose in football/baseball conference season.  In basketball/soccer, you have two chances during the conference season.  IMO, this is what makes the 5A conference so much fun watching during a conference season, one loss and you could be out.  Good luck to Farmington this season.  Anything is up for grabs in the West.  Hope you do well.

bobcat81

I believe Greenbrier game is at GB.

DerekOxford

Quote from: bobcat81 on August 05, 2014, 08:28:57 am
I believe Greenbrier game is at GB.

That's what it says on the schedule on here but the AAA schedule says it's home for Farmington.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

A couple of people on here have the right idea.  Farmington will struggle most years while fighting for the #3 or 4 playoff spot.  Anytime you move up in classification, and are one of the smaller schools in the class it's difficult to compete with teams that have more depth than you.

However, there are exceptions to this rule, and it doesn't always hold true....check Greenwood's move to 6A.  And, no matter the size or style, every once in a while you get a coaching staff and a team that just fits and has the right chemistry to make a run.

TIGER101

Farmington has had a problem just keeping their better athletes playing football.  It started turning to a one sport school a few years back and football is falling to the 3rd sport in a hurry.

Cajun Hog

[quote author =TIGER101 link=topic=136772.msg2997787#msg2997787 date=1407504600]
Farmington has had a problem just keeping their better athletes playing football.  It started turning to a one sport school a few years back and football is falling to the 3rd sport in a hurry.
[/quote]

That's very true, 23 kids in off season basketball and 20 in off season baseball. But baseball has all the athletes  ;D

Go Postal

Quote from: Cajun Hog on August 12, 2014, 04:00:14 pm
[quote author =TIGER101 link=topic=136772.msg2997787#msg2997787 date=1407504600]

That's very true, 23 kids in off season basketball and 20 in off season baseball. But baseball has all the athletes  ;D
[/quote]
That's nice for basketball and baseball, wish them the best in those sports, I guess that the West should watch out when those seasons start (wished that they played soccer also).  But  ??? on football, you guys are a public school, you don't have the 365 rule that private schools have.  Should have no problem "maybe finding" someone from the Fayetteville area school districts.  Just my opinion. ;)

Tigerdad2

I think more kids are in offseason sports bc football is a hard sport. You have to  lift weights correctly, you get hit, you're out in the whether with 20 plus Pounds on you and let's just face it, it's easier to  play College baseball and basketball then it's football. My example would be, Sugg and Speed from PG were all state football players and better football players than baseball  but they couldn't make it to the next level in football, speed is playing d2 baseball and Sugg could have played d2 anywhere he wanted too

WingLover4Life

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here. I don't know much about Farmington, so I'm just tryin to get a feel for the school with some questions. How full is the stands at a home game? How many kids in the school? I don't even know the head coaches name. My final question is, have they ever thought bout serving chicken wings as a before game meal? EVERYBODY loves wings and football!!!

The Future

Quote from: WingLover4Life on August 18, 2014, 12:04:39 pm
I'm going to play Devil's advocate here. I don't know much about Farmington, so I'm just tryin to get a feel for the school with some questions. How full is the stands at a home game? How many kids in the school? I don't even know the head coaches name. My final question is, have they ever thought bout serving chicken wings as a before game meal? EVERYBODY loves wings and football!!!

The hotter the better!

Welcome to Fearless.

Go Postal

Quote from: The Future on August 18, 2014, 09:25:48 pm
Quote from: WingLover4Life on August 18, 2014, 12:04:39 pm

The hotter the better!

Welcome to Fearless.
Yes, welcome to Fearless.  Cheer for your team, talk smack on the other teams, but always give your overall unbiased insight on what you think about any team.  Welcome.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas