• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a-4

Started by BigMan15, July 27, 2014, 03:23:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the 3A-4 conference this year

Charleston
0 (0%)
Paris
1 (33.3%)
Booneville
2 (66.7%)
Lavaca
0 (0%)
Danville
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 08:46:45 am

BigMan15

how will this district do in junior high this year...

WPWells

Charleston and Booneville game will decide the conference

BigMan15

I think Paris will be in that mix. Paris has good skill postion players but lack size. Running back is very good for Paris.

WPWells

Charleston and Booneville were both undefeated conference champions last year. Both have a ton of size and speed. Paris will probably be third

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 14, 2014, 10:19:28 am
Charleston and Booneville were both undefeated conference champions last year. Both have a ton of size and speed. Paris will probably be third

Booneville wasnt undefeated in Jr High last year.  We will have a talented jr high team this year but they will be young.  The eighth grade class is very talented.  Conference will be between Paris, Charleston, and Booneville.  Paris has a couple good running backs with one being exceptionally well.  They are 9th graders.  Charleston has a good 9th grade class with a few 8th graders that will contribute.  Booneville will have a team with mostly 8th graders at the skill positions and mixed on the line.

BigMan15

Booneville is always good but lost alot of players (10th grade now) and so did charleston. Charlestons success depends on that offensive line. How does that offensive line look this year I know last year they were pretty good

BigMan15

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 14, 2014, 10:43:34 am

Booneville wasnt undefeated in Jr High last year.  We will have a talented jr high team this year but they will be young.  The eighth grade class is very talented.  Conference will be between Paris, Charleston, and Booneville.  Paris has a couple good running backs with one being exceptionally well.  They are 9th graders.  Charleston has a good 9th grade class with a few 8th graders that will contribute.  Booneville will have a team with mostly 8th graders at the skill positions and mixed on the line.
Kris graham is the really good back for Paris also they return their starting quarterback from last year and last year I think that Paris only lost one game which was a close one to charleston

WPWells

Line for Charleston is big this year. Won't know about their skill until I see them against someone else but right now they look really good

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 14, 2014, 10:49:06 am
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 14, 2014, 10:43:34 am

Kris graham is the really good back for Paris also they return their starting quarterback from last year and last year I think that Paris only lost one game which was a close one to charleston

Chris is good but hes not the best back.  I can picture the other boy but i cant think of his name.

BigMan15

The other back that was super fast is going into 10th...dakovan wise is another back that will be pretty good.

BigMan15

When and who is charlestons first game

WPWells

September 2 (Tuesday) against Trinity

BigMan15

After seeing Charlestons junior high in the black and white game I wasnt impressed at all....Quaterback is not great  a couple of decent players on offense. I was surprised a little by the D-Line....which could make difference againest run heavy teams....what did u think 12th Man....

WPWells

We'll be fine. That's my assessment. I'll say more as the season goes along, but after what I saw there I'm not worried

ATU

Charleston JR. high was going against the Sr, high jv team so they didn't look that good.

BigMan15

Quote from: ATU on August 19, 2014, 04:47:21 pm
Charleston JR. high was going against the Sr, high jv team so they didn't look that good.
i will tell u that they looked alot better than the second team offense for the senior high....they looked terrible granted it was againest first team offense....

BigMan15

I don't think that Charleston with compete with Booneville this year in junior high but charleston and Paris should be pretty good game

WPWells

Charleston and Morrilton first teams tied 7-7

BigMan15

Paris junior high looked very good tonight againest Dardanell 28-6...running ge will be hard to stop..we have three backs that could have more than 100 yds per game..

The Coach

August 26, 2014, 12:28:13 am #19 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:33:08 am by The Coach
Quote from: BigMan15 on August 25, 2014, 08:34:48 pm
Paris junior high looked very good tonight againest Dardanell 28-6...running ge will be hard to stop..we have three backs that could have more than 100 yds per game..

The score was 14-6 in a half.  #4 is a fast little back and #44 is a big plugger and the QB is solid runner.

BigMan15

B team played the first quater also dakovan wise played very good scoring two tds Preston #3 scoring one and #41 George Poole an 8th grader scored overall I was very impressed with Paris. #44 kris will get more touches but at the game had many many big blocks that opened up the holes for #4 and #41

The Coach

August 26, 2014, 08:18:40 pm #21 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:02:12 pm by The Coach
Quote from: BigMan15 on August 26, 2014, 10:36:07 am
B team played the first quater also dakovan wise played very good scoring two tds Preston #3 scoring one and #41 George Poole an 8th grader scored overall I was very impressed with Paris. #44 kris will get more touches but at the game had many many big blocks that opened up the holes for #4 and #41

B teams played 10 plays then they played a half of best on best and it was 14-6. Neither B team scored. Not that it matters it was a scrimmage.

BigMan15

I guess we were watching a different game

Lacerta agilis

August 27, 2014, 09:04:11 am #23 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:20:24 am by Lacerta agilis
The game/scrimmage I saw was 14-6.

BigMan15

My bad I was told wrong...I didn't stay for the whole game...still from what I saw booneville and Paris will be the game that decides the conference..

The Coach

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 27, 2014, 09:40:00 am
My bad I was told wrong...I didn't stay for the whole game...still from what I saw booneville and Paris will be the game that decides the conference..

I've seen Charleston and they are better then Paris IMO. Way more physical, and a lot bigger. Paris JH is extremely small.

BigMan15

Charleston is not going to be able to have the speed to keep up with Paris...they have three maybe four backs that are fasterr than anyone that charleston has...charleston does have the size on Paris....but most of their big lineman are not skilled just big...

WPWells

I didn't realize we were running track

OLDSCHOOL82

August 27, 2014, 08:39:12 pm #28 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:40:54 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Once again I am not siding with chucktown because we don't like each other but I doubt Paris has anyone that can outrun flannigan.  And, it's definitely not a track meet.  12th man,  I don't think big man likes you guys any more!

BigMan15

three guys maybe four run faster than flannagan...he is pretty fast though...and 12th man its not a track meet but what do college recruiters look for mainly let me guess....how pretty they are right....duh of course they loook at 40 times...btw...we were without our best running back that scrimmage...

OLDSCHOOL82

Who is the best?

BigMan15

AnotherTurfMonkey

Well I don't have a dog fighting.

But it sounds to me like BigMan15 is a little bit especially upset at Charleston.

I think Charleston has 4 guys better than anyone from Paris.
Flanagan , Kengla, Caudel, and Wisdom.

adaptedtigerfan

BigMan let me ask you a question.....   Why would you want to go to Lavaca or Mansfield to play football when you could go to Charleston?   

AnotherTurfMonkey

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 27, 2014, 10:12:43 pm
BigMan let me ask you a question.....   Why would you want to go to Lavaca or Mansfield to play football when you could go to Charleston?   

Better than that

Why in the crap would a person go to Paris to play basketball when you could play @ Charleston?

The Coach

Doesn't matter how fast you are when you get hit before you ever get going. Charleston is bigger and way more physical and will wear Paris down. Paris was gassed after a half.

BigMan15

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on August 27, 2014, 10:13:59 pm

Better than that

Why in the crap would a person go to Paris to play basketball when you could play @ Charleston?

We moved because we found a house in Paris that was big enough for our house..

BigMan15

Are u saying that those kids transferred just for sports that sounds similar to recruiting...did those kids use school choice or did they move there

BigMan15

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on August 27, 2014, 10:07:53 pm
Well I don't have a dog fighting.

But it sounds to me like BigMan15 is a little bit especially upset at Charleston.

I think Charleston has 4 guys better than anyone from Paris.
Flanagan , Kengla, Caudel, and Wisdom.

Kris Damon Preston dakovan and George Poole

WPWells

Kid from Ireland is an exchange student. That's not recruiting

AnotherTurfMonkey

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 28, 2014, 09:41:21 am
Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on August 27, 2014, 10:13:59 pm

Better than that

We moved because we found a house in Paris that was big enough for our house..
So you are telling me that Charleston is such a booming metropolis that there were NO houses there?

Naaahhhhh. I'm saying especially upset.

BigMan15

Four bedroom for rent no there isn't..

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 28, 2014, 09:57:54 am
Kid from Ireland is an exchange student. That's not recruiting
so are u saying that two of three are recruited...

AnotherTurfMonkey

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 28, 2014, 09:44:04 am
Are u saying that those kids transferred just for sports that sounds similar to recruiting...did those kids use school choice or did they move there

It is very obvious that you have no clue what recruiting is.

It's where a coach/recruiter/admin goes to a player or players and offers them $$ to come play on their team or be in their branch of military.

Or offers a scholarship.
And the last time I checked its totally FREE to go to a "public" school.

And you are very very naive to think that an athlete wants to go to another school because of academics!

WPWells

You're being ridiculous. I said no such thing. I'm done here and I'm about done with Fearless Friday period. You can talk all you want on here but Charleston will do our talking on the field. I'm tired of you getting on and spreading lies and rumors about Charleston just because you left here. I'm happy to talk to you but let's keep it a straight conversation. You've told two things that were flat out lies so far and now you're saying that Charleston recruits when you have no proof or even anything thag would suggest so other than the fact that Charleston got two move-ins. Just keep it to sports please

BigMan15

Lets keep it to sports please...

BigMan15

So back to sports.....who will be the best overall player in 3a-4...

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 28, 2014, 01:04:33 pm
So back to sports.....who will be the best overall player in 3a-4...

Its Jr High.  Very rarely do we go that in depth.  Booneville will have several that will be at the top though.

BigMan15

Its fun though to watch some of these kids since like 3-4th grade and watch how much they improve...Paris has a few but just depends on how focused they will stay...Charleston has a couple that will be pretty good as well...now next year will be charlestons best group since this years senior class...they will have a lot of weapons...really good 7th grade class this year...but so does Booneville.

The Coach

Seen Booneville Thurs and Paris will have to play a near perfect game to beat them and Booneville will have to make a bunch of mistakes.

Charleston and Booneville are the clear favorites in both Sr and Jr high.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas