• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marion Football

Started by w ballers, January 16, 2014, 08:14:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Iknewthemwhen

It's not uncommon to get a lot of new kids when a new coach first arrives, lots of promises and claims made on both sides.  How many of those stay is always another matter.   Are there any new coaches in Marn with the new guy?  How did they look in spring?

Hogwild#9

1-1 in the 7-7 so far! Beat Harding Academy and lost to PA

True Believer

Stay on topic folks.  Let me explain.  F. O. O. T. B. A. L. L.

Can you comprehend that?

Uncle Ivan

I don't see that their new tackles have the quickness to fend off a blitzing linebacker.

And by tackles, I mean half of Marn's female student body.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on June 06, 2014, 08:49:39 pm
It's not uncommon to get a lot of new kids when a new coach first arrives, lots of promises and claims made on both sides.  How many of those stay is always another matter.   Are there any new coaches in Marn with the new guy?  How did they look in spring?

The only new coach is the O-line coach from Malvern, Coach Golden.

Looked alright in the spring. Quarterbacks came A LONG way from the first day to the scrimmage. Running back will be by committee but each kid brings something different to the table.

The defense is the part that surprised me the most. They made some plays in the blue-red game and looked like they belonged.

Hogwild#9

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on June 09, 2014, 02:49:37 pm

Looked alright in the spring. Quarterbacks came A LONG way from the first day to the scrimmage. Running back will be by committee but each kid brings something different to the table.

The defense is the part that surprised me the most. They made some plays in the blue-red game and looked like they belonged.
Davis will do big things. Just give it time

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on June 10, 2014, 10:23:42 pm

Davis will do big things. Just give it time

I believe so too. Marion has a lot of athletes in school. They just needed to be motivated to come out. I think they have that motivation now.

It'll depend how many actually stick it out, but that's always the case.

tmycjy

Can you tell coach golden first name please

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: tmycjy on June 12, 2014, 09:44:40 am

Can you tell coach golden first name please
Jason

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on June 08, 2014, 09:40:01 am

Can you comprehend that?

Maybe they need it in......

D.O.W.N

S.E.T

H.U.T.

H.U.T.

:)

JohnBarleycorn

Coach Golden is a solid hire.

tmycjy

My question is what offense and defense dose he run

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: tmycjy on June 19, 2014, 12:15:58 pm
My question is what offense and defense dose he run

Well Coach Golden is the offensive line coach. Jed Davis is the new head coach.

Davis will throw it around the yard a ton. Three and four-receiver sets. Defensively I've heard they'll switch to a 3-4, but they may wait and see what kind of players they have first before they commit to anything.

fastdrop

June 19, 2014, 07:59:48 pm #163 Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 08:20:52 pm by fastdrop
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 08, 2014, 07:42:43 pm
I don't see that their new tackles have the quickness to fend off a blitzing linebacker.

And by tackles, I mean half of Marn's female student body.
The other half can't count to 20 without counting fingers and toes.

fastdrop

June 19, 2014, 08:00:46 pm #164 Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 08:04:09 pm by fastdrop
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 12, 2014, 07:42:20 pm

Can you comprehend that?

D.O.W.N

S.E.T

H.U.T.

H.U.T.

TB don't care about football anymore. She is a big city girl now. Besides I taught her everything she knows about this place.

At least she don't have to sit there year after year wearing that Pat gear after another WM beat down. Of course coming from Sheridan she might of been used to it. Always heard she really wanted to be a Zebra.

fastdrop

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on June 18, 2014, 09:32:16 pm
Coach Golden is a solid hire.
Really.. looking forward to see how this turns out.

True Believer

Born a Zebra, grew up a Yellow Jacket, adopted by the Patriots!

I hear the new coach is a good guy.  Good luck to all there!

Now I'm a Bearcat.   But I will never never never be a Blue Devil. 

DogsWin7

Quote from: fastdrop on June 19, 2014, 08:00:46 pm

Can you comprehend that?

D.O.W.N

S.E.T

H.U.T.

H.U.T.

TB don't care about football anymore. She is a big city girl now. Besides I taught her everything she knows about this place.

I wish you would teach me everything there is to know about this place.   I learn or find out something astonishing almost daily on here.

TB is beautiful whatever color of mascot she supports.  Besides....blue devil.  :)

fastdrop

June 20, 2014, 07:56:10 am #168 Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 07:58:58 am by fastdrop
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 20, 2014, 12:03:09 am
Quote from: fastdrop on June 19, 2014, 08:00:46 pm

Can you comprehend that?

D.O.W.N

S.E.T

H.U.T.

H.U.T.

I wish you would teach me everything there is to know about this place.   I learn or find out something astonishing almost daily on here.

TB is beautiful whatever color of mascot she supports.  Besides....blue devil.  :)
Lesson 1.

A mod post

Can you comprehend that?

Then I post something like blah blah blah

and the mod starts posting about something that is not about football. =)

OH and TB .... never say never. The inner TB was born a blue devil.

True Believer

I posted about Marion.  Ok.  I can always delete your posts.  :)

I think this may be the year.  You know what I mean. 

Go Pats!!!   

DogsWin7

June 20, 2014, 09:15:39 pm #170 Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 09:18:32 pm by DiehardFBfan

Ok....fastdrop!  With all of Baitshops rules from when I first started, Steve Perry telling me to can the use of emoticons....UI or someone telling me to not quote every single post....and Paw-Paws list of rules to use as a guide also......I should be able to handle it....what's Lesson #2??   :)

Apparently tonight I have forgotten how to use the quote feature! Lol!!   :P

fastdrop

Rule number two

In your case create a drama MOMA that has a kid that plays for south side and moan and groan about how awful the coaches are. How the announcer can't tell the difference between a first down and a sack. Create utter tomm foolery concerning the hated foe. A must is to have an insider feeding you all the inside info. Would drive Baitshop nuts while he and his buddies try to find the traitor.

Or in Unvle Ivan's case.... Find out where the opposing team is going to eat and cancel their reservations for them.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: fastdrop on June 20, 2014, 10:52:30 pm

Or in Unvle Ivan's case.... Find out where the opposing team is going to eat and cancel their reservations for them.

One of my greatest coups.

DogsWin7

Rule number two

In your case create a drama MOMA that has a kid that plays for south side and moan and groan about how awful the coaches are. How the announcer can't tell the difference between a first down and a sack. Create utter tomm foolery concerning the hated foe. A must is to have an insider feeding you all the inside info. Would drive Baitshop nuts while he and his buddies try to find the traitor.

You mean kinda like Ms Flava??  Lol!!  :)

I could probably be the Worst Drama Mama you have seen.   I know a few people, that might could feed me some inside info....:)

Problem is I'd more than likely give in later and apologize because my conscience always gets too me...

MarionBlueDevil

fastdrop

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 23, 2014, 12:47:56 am
Rule number two

I could probably be the Worst Drama Mama you have seen.   I know a few people, that might could feed me some inside info....:)

Problem is I'd more than likely give in later and apologize because my conscience always gets too me...
Rule number 3

Don't get mad at folks on here and go start yourself your own football forum. It can get kind of lonely posting on all 7 conference threads by yourself.

fastdrop

Rule 4

Don't start a magazine called Fearless Friday wanting to compete against Hootens when nobody buys magazines anymore and you already own Arkansas High School football on the world wide web.

fastdrop

Rule 5

Never ever pick Marion to win much of diddly squat in football, basketball, track, tiddly winks.

fastdrop

Rule #6

Mountain Home residents only

fastdrop

Rule # 7, 8, 9, and 10

Don't let your daughter cheer for a boys only high school.

fastdrop

Be glad when the marion -WM game gets here. Ready for some football.

westmem

DogsWin7

No way I would start my own forum or Magazine.....I have made to many friends on here....plus, I enjoy everyone's unique personality and perspective.    I may not always agree, but it's certainly entertaining!!  :)

I suppose in life....it's a continual learning process as with anything else.   Enjoy life while we can.   

True Believer

Quote from: fastdrop on June 26, 2014, 11:14:59 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 23, 2014, 12:47:56 am
Rule number two

Rule number 3

Don't get mad at folks on here and go start yourself your own football forum. It can get kind of lonely posting on all 7 conference threads by yourself.

I enjoyed our little site.  LOL! 

Marion is gonna punish.  And you all know it.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: fastdrop on June 26, 2014, 11:20:24 pm
Rule 5

Never ever pick Marion to win much of diddly squat in football, basketball, track, tiddly winks.

We've done alright in basketball before :(

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: fastdrop on June 26, 2014, 11:34:20 pm
Be glad when the marion -WM game gets here. Ready for some football.

September 26th! Week 4! League opener. Gonna be very VERY interesting.

They may actually get my $5 at the gate that night.

MarionBlueDevil

We are under two months from the season opener in Wynne.

How's everyone feeling?

Hogwild#9

From what I've seen he's building character and good team chemistry and bonding. It will be a different looking team this year

Pit Bull

Marion has a new look and direction. The only question I keep pondering on is why wait as long as what was waited to get a breathe of fresh football air. I guess it's just that same ole Crittenden County Slow Controlled Growth and Development Rule rearing it's ugly head in everything else around here...

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 01, 2014, 07:51:06 am
Marion has a new look and direction. The only question I keep pondering on is why wait as long as what was waited to get a breathe of fresh football air. I guess it's just that same ole Crittenden County Slow Controlled Growth and Development Rule rearing it's ugly head in everything else around here...

Just keep bashing your head into the wall until you finally knock yourself totally out. Then bash it some more.

However, better late than never is what I'd say. The Patriots may have wasted the past two years with literally nothing to show for it, but they're headed the right direction now.

It even seems like they forced West Memphis' hand by making a change when they did. I didn't hear anything about Coach Dauksch taking a new job until Marion had hired Jed Davis. Then it was like a signal to West Memphis that they needed to make a move.

Just my theory, of course. I could be totally off-base.

Pit Bull

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on August 01, 2014, 01:57:45 pm

Just keep bashing your head into the wall until you finally knock yourself totally out. Then bash it some more.

However, better late than never is what I'd say. The Patriots may have wasted the past two years with literally nothing to show for it, but they're headed the right direction now.

It even seems like they forced West Memphis' hand by making a change when they did. I didn't hear anything about Coach Dauksch taking a new job until Marion had hired Jed Davis. Then it was like a signal to West Memphis that they needed to make a move.

I think your theory is Johnny On The Spot... Neither will let the other out do the other..

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 01, 2014, 04:05:57 pm
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on August 01, 2014, 01:57:45 pm

I think your theory is Johnny On The Spot... Neither will let the other out do the other..

Speaking of Crittenden County football.... Earle should be pretty good this year.

loyal fan

WTD

Pit Bull

Not much talk here since that paving by Batesville in the scrimmage. Will we see a QB change against Wynne? If not it may be a long season...

Dogg

Marion will be lucky to win a game this season. Lot of kids not a lot of football players.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Pit Bull on September 05, 2014, 12:08:45 am
Not much talk here since that paving by Batesville in the scrimmage. Will we see a QB change against Wynne? If not it may be a long season...

All indications is that Marion is still rolling with Tyler Holmes.

fastdrop

Quote from: Dogg on September 05, 2014, 08:59:31 am
Marion will be lucky to win a game this season. Lot of kids not a lot of football players.
Say it ain't so Joe.

fastdrop

Great change Marion. I guess wynne put their 3 string in before half. A new era of brotherly love.

Baitshop

Marn gonna (get) punish..!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas